Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 1/19/2021 at 7:17 PM, scrawford said:

Gahjjjhkjkjjj!!!!!! When you think LMH can’t be anymore handsome, there he is, outdoing his past photoshoot!

Can I say something regarding the interview? After reading that he had to audition for pachinko, my respect for him as an actor and human being just went up from 100% to 100000000%. 

guys, this is why we love him, this is why so many adored him and this is why, some of you are still his fans after 10 or 12 years. He doesn’t let his Hallyu status got the best in him, he stays humble and professional all through out his career. He could have chosen a project that is being handed to him, but he choose this project, in which he had to audition, after not auditioning for a long time. He even said how he thought what would happen if he doesn’t get it, how embarrassing it could be? but he doesn’t let it stop him. 

Cant wait to read the rest of the interview when we get the English translation. And of course, the rest of the photos :)

He looks hot in his GQ pictures. Yes, risking audition and not getting the role is brave, and he took the risk.  What a reward to get the role showing that he impressed the auditioning party.  He is talented and deserves the role.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:49 PM, Nikaa94 said:

:heart2beat:

http://www.gqkorea.co.kr/2021/01/20/애플tv-제작-파친코의-이민호-에너지가-굉장히-좋아/

What’s going on today, we have crazy amount of content

It worked. The little funny things in the mood were fun. ' Didn't you delete this? " Even want to look there. Which one? What? There's nothing to delete?

Snoring look. The appearance of “get off  . Ah, hahahahaha.

Did you know that even typing your phone password was on the screen? I know. I left them to play together.

I took the bait. Yes, I did not delete it on purpose. Trying to make use of the elements that you can sympathize with, bite, bite, and play in it.

It was unexpected. Because he doesn't care about revealing himself. In fact, I have nothing to fear or hesitate to reveal me. There are things that I am proud of myself, that I am a person who does not make big mistakes and does not cause problems no matter where I put them. Should I say self-esteem?

Self-esteem. Yes, I think I'm a little proud to reveal myself

you can read the rest of the interview in the link I provided :approves:there is more questions 

I wish the translation was better.  Cannot understand some of the translation, like what is "raw"?   Is TKEM his last "emperor on a white horse"?

On 1/20/2021 at 10:56 PM, Nikaa94 said:

Vancouver is my neighbor.  Pity Americans are not allowed to visit Vancouver currently.  Lovely city.  Been there a few times.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:17 AM, Min2206 said:

Yea, he keeps fiddling his hair ... can't help it that it sort of pulling my attention towards him when I was looking at the whole video.

Was just thinking  --  LMH was saying that he started this directing / filming as a hobby, right (correct me if I am wrong)?    Seeing him here, discussing and guiding them on how he wants it to flow, the focus, the dramatic feel, is kinda like showing to fans or anyone, that he has this natural ability to visualize  on "directing"  - he is  really CREATIVE .  I suppose one day, soon, he will be a FILM DIRECTOR or producer in future (but that would be behind the scene)

cr filonoona

There are some directors who are also lead actor in the movie e.g. Clint Eastwood, acts, directs and produces his movies.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

I wonder why LMH is 4th on the cast billing and not 1st?  Click on the link

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

@CallieP,  it seems to me that American producers choose to rotate the order of actors according to their criteria. Also, do not forget that in "Pachinko" the female characters are central. In any case, participating in an international project is very prestigious and raises Lee Min Ho's acting status to new heights.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

33 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I wonder why LMH is 4th on the cast billing and not 1st?  Click on the link

Maybe it was reordered to show first popular actors in USA? I truly don't know, but the two actors listed first don't have a role more important than Hansu's on the book.

@leeminhosnycorrect me if I misunderstood, but I get that other people took the gifs and works you made and published as theirs? That's quite sad and I get your frustration. I have already thanked you for your continuous hard work on this thread and on twitter and I will keep doing it. Your contributions are always very appreciated around here. 

:7555_attack:

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Missprincesa said:

Maybe it was reordered to show first popular actors in USA? I truly don't know, but the two actors listed first don't have a role more important than Hansu's on the book.

Actually, I wanted to correct this, Mozasu and Solomon are bigger characters than Hansu. While Hansu’s presence is never really forgotten throughout the story, we don’t know his story from his point of view. On the other hand, part 2 and 3 of the book focuses heavily on Mozasu and then Solomon. Of course Noa too but there has been no casting news of Noa. 

There’s a reason why lmh auditioned for Hansu and not the other characters though. Let’s wait and see :D

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Actually, I wanted to correct this, Mozasu and Solomon are bigger characters than Hansu. While Hansu’s presence is never really forgotten throughout the story, we don’t know his story from his point of view. On the other hand, part 2 and 3 of the book focuses heavily on Mozasu and then Solomon. Of course Noa too but there has been no casting news of Noa. 

There’s a reason why lmh auditioned for Hansu and not the other characters though. Let’s wait and see :D

I can partly agree with you on Mozasu, but he only is a bigger character since we see him since he was a child to adulthood. If you only take into account adult Mozasu, as it will be portrayed by that actor, I don't think his role is more important than Hansu's. 

And the same with young-adult Solomon. I think that character is way less important than Hansu (by the way, I really liked Solomon story, I am not underestimating him). But all of these are personal considerations. 

Anyway, Sunja is the most important character and is listed in the third place.

And Noa... I am really curious. Why don't we have news on Noa's casting? 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

So I think we already know we won’t have a Kdrama in 2021:bawling:, someone said on Twitter that casting news for early 2022 are coming out, but I don’t think first half of 2022 has already filled up. Right?? I can’t believe we don’t have a Kdrama in 2021, it’s going to feel lonely and I haven’t watched any of these news dramas. 
Hopefully we get a Kdrama in 2022! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

Hi- just wanted to say that perhaps LMH is shown as 4th on IMDB Pachinko cast 

because it is in alphabetical order! So Arai, Ha, Kim, Min-ho, Minami, and Sawai. Also it’s his picture that is up at the top.

I really enjoyed the book but I would love to know how much of the script will follow the story in the book.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

I can partly agree with you on Mozasu, but he only is a bigger character since we see him since he was a child to adulthood. If you only take into account adult Mozasu, as it will be portrayed by that actor, I don't think his role is more important than Hansu's. 

And the same with young-adult Solomon. I think that character is way less important than Hansu (by the way, I really liked Solomon story, I am not underestimating him). But all of these are personal considerations. 

Anyway, Sunja is the most important character and is listed in the third place.

That’s true, I can understand what you mean. In terms of importance, I think each character holds their own value and purpose to the story, which pretty much is about life and struggles. And I think that’s why Pachinko was so popular, because it is so relatable. Each character represents a different struggle/issue in society and you can very much change the setting and it’ll still be relevant. The story is specifically about Koreans and their struggles in Japan but we face the same issues in the United States and all over the world as well. At the center of the story, we have Sunja who represents women’s struggles in society. We also have Mozasu and Noa who deals with identity issues, Mozasu as someone who fully accepts his background while Noa as someone who was never able to. Then we have Joseb, the head of the household who eventually becomes handicapped and unable to provide for his family the way society thinks a man should. And we have Hansu who represents those who have “no choice” but to walk that path to succeed, as we were continually reminded throughout the story that Koreans, no matter if educated, were unlikely to find a decent job in Japan. There are so many more characters and each tackles a different issue still present in today’s society. It totality, Pachinko is such a woke story and it deserves its popularity because it’s a story that should be heard.

Of course, it’s a plus if the story has been changed so that Hansu gets more screentime than in the book but if not, I won’t be too upset. It’s already great that lmh is apart of such a meaningful project. I have even more respect for him. :D

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

There are some directors who are also lead actor in the movie e.g. Clint Eastwood, acts, directs and produces his movies.

Oh they do have?  That's great!  I thought most when become PD, you won't get to see them acting. 

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Of course, it’s a plus if the story has been changed so that Hansu gets more screentime than in the book but if not, I won’t be too upset. It’s already great that lmh is apart of such a meaningful project. I have even more respect for him. :D

Hi @Heretorant   Thank you for your precise summary of each character in Pachinko.  The characters are very memorable.    With so many multi-characters in play, wonder why how they put them all in 8 episodes.   He was thinking about CHANGE in the GQ interview.   Hansu's role gave him that opportunity to stretch, explore.   Definitely something we have not seen in any of his performance.  Anyway, I am ready to be surprised.  :D

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Of course Noa too but there has been no casting news of Noa. 

16 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

That's the question of the year.

Maybe that's why LMH is growing out his hair now.  ^_^

f0fe4661e4a753f3317fc7a43b402bac449a70b2

• Blob 6

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

So I think we already know we won’t have a Kdrama in 2021:bawling:, someone said on Twitter that casting news for early 2022 are coming out, but I don’t think first half of 2022 has already filled up. Right?? I can’t believe we don’t have a Kdrama in 2021, it’s going to feel lonely and I haven’t watched any of these news dramas. 
Hopefully we get a Kdrama in 2022! 

I hope he already signed a movie for Apple TV+ and film it next year. As Apple TV+ is aiming Asian markets LMH will be a great opportunity for them knowing his popularity around the world . I hope they make him their "ambassador" to gain quickly more subscribers and a win-win collaboration.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, Intisar G said:

I hope he already signed a movie for Apple TV+ and film it next year. As Apple TV+ is aiming Asian markets LMH will be a great opportunity for them knowing his popularity around the world . I hope they make him their "ambassador" to gain quickly more subscribers and a win-win collaboration.

but LMH isn’t a type of person who would do that! I don’t think he chose Pachinko because of Apple TV plus. According to his interview, he was thinking about a change and Pachinko came on his way so he decided to accept it because he found Hasnu “shine brightly”. LMH cares a lot about the character that he will be portraying. I don’t think he will necessarily stick with Apple TV plus and continue taking their projects. He has specific goals and expectations. He will not take offers which don’t meet his desires and goals. LMH also never said whether he wanted to do more OTT or Korean productions. I really wanted to know about his opinion about OTT but he wasn’t asked this question. Also, I don’t want any broadcasting channel or platforms to take advantage of LMH’s immense popularity, I want him to do what he wants as he is The King and very powerful. My wish isn’t for him to work with Apple TV plus specifically, my wish is for him to get the role that he really wants and come back quickly. I wish the interviewer would have asked LMH what role he would want to play and would he prefer movie or drama next. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Does Noa have long hair?

I don't know.  He looks like Hansu, but isn't Hansu (of course).

I think this has already been posted.  ("Pachinko" covers the years 1910 through 1989.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

13 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

but LMH isn’t a type of person who would do that! I don’t think he chose Pachinko because of Apple TV plus. According to his interview, he was thinking about a change and Pachinko came on his way so he decided to accept it because he found Hasnu “shine brightly”. LMH cares a lot about the character that he will be portraying. I don’t think he will necessarily stick with Apple TV plus and continue taking their projects. He has specific goals and expectations. He will not take offers which don’t meet his desires and goals. LMH also never said whether he wanted to do more OTT or Korean productions. I really wanted to know about his opinion about OTT but he wasn’t asked this question. Also, I don’t want any broadcasting channel or platforms to take advantage of LMH’s immense popularity, I want him to do what he wants as he is The King and very powerful. My wish isn’t for him to work with Apple TV plus specifically, my wish is for him to get the role that he really wants and come back quickly. I wish the interviewer would have asked LMH what role he would want to play and would he prefer movie or drama next. 

I'm with you I think at this stage of his career nobody will take advantage of LMH nor his popularity but I do believe with the pandemic, it's more easy to do movies with OTT. And I 'm sure he will play the character he wants, that's why agencies review scripts and choose only one from the list. 

Do you think we got all the questions from the magazine? I thought it was some extract? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

TGIF! 

LMH looks so sweet in the photos with the dog:heart:.  The one of LMH eating a french fry is also adorable.  I read some on IG said he's like a 3 year old lol.  

I appreciate EVERYONE who contributes to this thread, even those who react to posts.  That, in a way, is a thank you.  Some people are quiet and shy about posting; I was that way when I first started on soompi,  Others just have big personalities.  Regardless, which category you fall in :heartxoxo:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, Intisar G said:

I'm with you I think at this stage of his career nobody will take advantage of LMH nor his popularity but I do believe with the pandemic, it's more easy to do movies with OTT. And I 'm sure he will play the character he wants, that's why agencies review scripts and choose only one from the list. 

Do you think we got all the questions from the magazine? I thought it was some extract? 

I generally think that OTT and also Kdrama are better than movie because of the pandemic. Because we shouldn’t forget that selling tickets during pandemic is tough and there is a rise in cases everywhere. Korean movies aren’t a good choice! LMH’s lotbs costar used to do a lot of movies but now she is doing drama projects on local tv and also Netflix. 

i think the interview is complete because I didn’t see any more extra information anywhere. Koreans already got their magazine and I didn’t see extra information on DC. 

LMH can do many magazines this year, we are still in January! I hope he does Hong Kong or other country magazine too. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

TGIF! 

LMH looks so sweet in the photos with the dog:heart:.  The one of LMH eating a french fry is also adorable.  I read some on IG said he's like a 3 year old lol.  

I appreciate EVERYONE who contributes to this thread, even those who react to posts.  That, in a way, is a thank you.  Some people are quiet and shy about posting; I was that way when I first started on soompi,  Others just have big personalities.  Regardless, which category you fall in 

Thank you for initiating this forum and till-to-date, liking every posts @CarolynH
Your words of encouragement comforts us in some way.

And my appreciation to all the Chingus who tirelessly posting LMH updates, gifs, videos, articles and constantly sharing their stories, insights, with us here,  all the time.

:heartxoxo::Megathanks:

and to @Nikaa94  our Ambassador of Cheers, please continue to be "wiggling crazy " here. :ilike:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2