Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Currently, the most popular drama worldwide is 'The King: Eternal Monarch,' starring Lee Min-ho. If you look at Netflix's ranking of global online video service (OTT) by country, "The King" has been ranked No. 1 in Nigeria and has been ranked within the top 10 in Romania, Turkey, and India.

full article:

https://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/900638?sc=Naver

Spoiler

I got this quote directly from the article:-

"Currently, the most popular drama in the world is'The King: Lord of Eternity' starring Lee Min-ho.  Psycho but it's okay' starring Korean wave star Soo-Hyun Kim, who was released to 190 countries through Netflix last week, is considered as the successor to the Korean wave."

I am upset that  the writer considers KSH a Korean Wave Star and a successor to the Korean wave, while completely ignoring LMH as the top Korean wave star.  One of the Korean wave originals is LMH which the writer failed to include after naming BTS and Parasite.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

24 minutes ago, Joojix said:

Yes we did hear it every week :lol::lol: it was a mini “ouch” moment for me I must admit! In anticipation of a drama where there was a countdown every month for TKEM till D Day then TWOM comes in! :lol:

It wasn’t a mini ouch for me. It was a bullet to my heart :lol:

4 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Reveal hidden contents

I got this quote directly from the article:-

"Currently, the most popular drama in the world is'The King: Lord of Eternity' starring Lee Min-ho.

Psycho but it's okay' starring Korean wave star Soo-Hyun Kim, who was released to 190 countries through Netflix last week, is considered as the successor to the Korean wave."

I am upset that  the writer considers KSH a Korean Wave Star and a successor to the Korean wave, while completely ignoring LMH as the top Korean wave star.  One of the Korean wave originals is LMH which the writer failed to include after naming BTS and Parasite.

@CallieP don’t worry chingu, they didn’t mean the actor, they mean the drama is the next to follow TKEM’s international success. 

Both actors are great and played the biggest roles in the Korean wave. I praise these two for lasting as long as they did. None have been able to topple them. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

To be fair to lmh, TKEM was such a fascinating story! I would have been intrigued by it too. Hit writer, interesting story, why not? He’s not to blame. If anyone should be blamed, it’s the writer or director. It‘s out his hands. He has to decide after reading only 1-4 episodes of the script. The rest is having faith the writer will develop the story beautifully. 

true. anyone in his place would have agreed to take the role cause the story had everything but the director and writer didnt get the best of it.

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I want our boy to venture into film before coming back to drama land. Hopefully he can establish his name as a movie actor and then come back to dominate the small screen when a good character, a good script and a good director is available. 

totally agree and hoping it will be a huge hit nationally and internationally

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

To be fair to lmh, TKEM was such a fascinating story! I would have been intrigued by it too. Hit writer, interesting story, why not? He’s not to blame. If anyone should be blamed, it’s the writer or director. It‘s out his hands. He has to decide after reading only 1-4 episodes of the script. The rest is having faith the writer will develop the story beautifully. 

But I agree that he should stay away from writer Kim, the Hong sisters and writer Park. Unless writer Kim wants to write another critically acclaimed script, I don’t want him to collaborate with her again. The Hong Sisters are quite repetitive with their recycling of ghost stories and I am easily scared, so no to them. Writer park is the worst of the three. Her stories are shallow and lacks build up. I’ll give it to all three of them though, I generally enjoy their dramas when I watch it. But unfortunately, I never walk away loving it entirely and none of theirs dramas to date are my favorite dramas. 

Writer Kim’s best is Mr. Sunshine. I know she can write! I say she should take a break and polish her next script before coming back. 

I want our boy to venture into film before coming back to drama land. Hopefully he can establish his name as a movie actor and then come back to dominate the small screen when a good character, a good script and a good director is available. 

I LOVE this post!!  I think many Minoz agree with me that you wrapped up everything no nicely and with fairness! Thank you!!

- Yes anyone would have been interested. No actor would reject KES. Because well ... Like How Lee Min Ho is Lee Min Ho.. KES is KES.. Influential name!!

- Yes, only reading 1-4 episodes and he then had to trust the production team

-  Yes, stay away from Writer Kim, BUT if she can write a good script, which we KNOW she can and she WILL in future, I don't mind a Third collaboration in 3-4 years from now. I know we said that if LMH and KES work together again, some may complain and say Blah Blah... But by then, LMH has already released good movie and drama and proved his acting even more. But it depends on Writer Kim, don't know if this crosses her mind in future. It will be nice to collaborate again some years from now AND give a us wrap up party then. LOL :joy:   Guys! KES can make both local and global popular drama!! we all know this!!  some writers only care about local ratings and don't get international fan base. I want both for LMH!!  

- Movie, movie, and Movie!! We need LMH to work in a movie and use his acting talent for a different type of character

- After movie, he can come back with a good writer and director, agree.  Dramas don't have much variety to offer but movies do. He can do a dark movie and explore his darker side more. a lot of movie awards tooooo:wub:

Edit: Bye bye to writer PJE! I don't think even years from now she will come out of her shallow comfort zone! :D 

All this talk about his future project and there is not one single news about LMH... No interview Post-TKEM why??:headbang:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Wis dom said:

Example lets just assume your LMH and your chosing a drama? The question will be what type of drama do you seek? If you want something lowkey for exlusively local market you do a rom-com or makjang or something similar that is relatable to the local market but if you seek mass consumption you don't take dramas like that specifically dramas like Camellia blooms and My Mister and Another etc etc. All these dramas will not benefit him and will be counter-productive for him. I-fans don't share same tastes as the locals and specifically the mainstream I-fans and they are more into fantasy spectacles but if you give them a rom-com or makjang they will abandon ship and stop watching immediately. The key is to keep this mass audience in place and keep them occupied and look for an expansion of audience.

You have to rationalize the cons and pros and accordingly TKEM's pros outweigh. You have already a very wide ranch of audience in place and what you do is you concentrate on these audience just like how Netflix operates they see a hit they keep producing it and it's that simple.  

TKEM's main objective should be expanding in that horizone and put the focus there because there is demand. You always have to meet the demand

13 hours ago, Wis dom said:

if he goes back to do Rom-com or makjang it will unbalance his career trajectory

This is very insightsful. You really nailed it. 

Alot of people don't realize how the mainstream I-fans taste naturally differs from the hardcore community. They truly have taste for spectacles. Tho the worst recommandation I heard here so far was Dr.Romantic or Hospital playlist. casting LMH in low-budget rom-com or makjang would be such a waste of charisma, sexiness, swagger, manliness and potential. 

Atleast give me grand-scale 50 MIO usd budget fantasy/action/romance if we are talking alternatives 

tenor.gif

but if you can't come up with that alternative 

tenor.gif

• LOL 5

24 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

It wasn’t a mini ouch for me. It was a bullet to my heart :lol:

A bullet through and through! :lol: I haven’t succumbed to watching TWOM yet because of this rating trauma. Lol :lol:

• LOL 5

6 minutes ago, Joojix said:

A bullet through and through! :lol: I haven’t succumbed to watching TWOM yet because of this rating trauma. Lol :lol:

IKR!!! I couldnt bring myself to watch it :sweatingbullets:

But why theres no interview for LMH. Urghhhhhh really miss him:sad1:

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

IKR!!! I couldnt bring myself to watch it :sweatingbullets:

But why theres no interview for LMH. Urghhhhhh really miss him:sad1:

yeah! :( 

Where is our baby? Why is he being lowkey? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

Maybe hes being lowkey to calm the hype abt him n ggone?? Heh:phew:

Oh. I see but I can't help but think about the continuity of the CCTV. It's flooding thru my head and I can't get rid of it

• LOL 7

14 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

Oh. I see but I can't help but think about the continuity of the CCTV. It's flooding thru my head and I can't get rid of it

Believe me dear, all their shippers cant stop thinking abt tht scene, me included thts why its still trending..:P opps maybe i shud take this to other thread haha:rolleyes:

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, lupeace said:

i just need to say that since you are discusing his next project  i hope he doesn't chose it based on writers but rather on the story itself and the script even if the writer  hasnt had a hit before. cause al. the writers who are famous right now werent good from the start.

although i liked TKEM but still KES did disappoint me in some aspects (you wouldn't think that she's the one who wrote Mr. sunshine)

i just dont want our boy to fall in the same mistake once again

Yes.This is so sad.He selects script based on writer's brand/past work but these stupid writer's only select him for the script that is full of loopholes and half-baked or regurgitated from their past projects. *laughs in TEKM Lotbs* hoping our precious would erase /hide their mistakes. MYM needs to invest in professional script vetting if there is any such thing!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Layali said:

Yes.This is so sad.He selects script based on writer's brand/past work but these stupid writer's only select him for the script that is full of loopholes and half-baked or regurgitated from their past projects. *laughs in TEKM Lotbs* hoping our precious would erase /hide their mistakes. MYM needs to invest in professional script vetting if there is any such thing!

There are no such things as the perfect script. All is man-made at the end of the day. it's best to do better with what you have currently success with 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Layali said:

Actually its good thing if LMH took a project with lowkey scripwriter. Less expectation is better. Although, we all know all LMH projects will endup being hype and ppl cant help to have high expectation for him.

Because whenever he works with popular writer tht comes with popular works, the expectation is EXTREMELY high for the writer but endup our boy will take all the hit if its not perform well/didnt live up to the expectation *cough*KES*cough*PJE*

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Time loop said:

This is very insightsful. You really nailed it. 

Alot of people don't realize how the mainstream I-fans taste naturally differs from the hardcore community. They truly have taste for spectacles. Tho the worst recommandation I heard here so far was Dr.Romantic or Hospital playlist. casting LMH in low-budget rom-com or makjang would be such a waste of charisma, sexiness, swagger, manliness and potential. 

Atleast give me grand-scale 50 MIO usd budget fantasy/action/romance if we are talking alternatives 

but if you can't come up with that alternative 

I agree with this. I ain't touching rom-coms or makjangs or other mundune genres. I am glad I am not alone on this, Which is why I am extremely hyped up for TKEM S2 or perhaps even something similar could do the job but certainly no rom-coms. I will likely switch off

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

35 minutes ago, Layali said:

Ok... This is a problem.  MYM needs to sit down with our baby, their experts and agents to make sure TO NOT fall into trap of another writer like them. They cannot let this happen again. My baby deserves more!!

Next project, whether movie or drama, should have a solid script which has NO similarity to their previous work and NO comparison generated at all cost. It is better to reject offers and wait!  I hope MYM knows that they should do something about finding a good script writer. 

I seriously wish I could go and talk to LMH's Noona directly and express my concern!! :D

what if my baby doesn't come back with drama because he loses trust in K-drama writers?:tears:

@Narine Joa  TKEM S2 on Netflix only a is good option. He doesn't have to worry about local ratings and expand his international fandom more and more. But KES finished episode 16 in a way that show she doesn't want S2. But lets wait and see what happens. They all hear news of global success. The production team should get tempted by all this news. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

12)  Yes, other Minoz here like @leeminhosny and @CarolynH and @Joojix chose her too!! She is good writer. But I hope she won't choose a lot of characters and focus more on ML and give us some deep and dark romance AND also make OTP locally and internationally popular. She doesn't seem to care about this though! ( I think winning best couple award and making big shipper fan base is good for actors' profile:joy:) I think her goal in making drama is different from other writers. But it will be a Good change for LMH because the writer doesn't put emphasis on rich ML and we want LMH to shed that image of Heirs and BOF.   By the way, this writer doesn't bring much ratings like 20%. I want 30% rating for LMH's next project. Am I greedy? :joy: Give me a writer with out of this world script and Godly ratings! :D 

This writer doesn’t strike me as someone who likes to focus on 10 side characters like Writer Kim lol. She’s definitely not a major hit writer but she writes good ML characters.

Hahahaha, we can only wish for 30% in ratings lol. In today’s age, it’s impossible unless we want lmh in a 50 episode family drama lol. 

If we want a writer who guarantees ratings, we’re back with writer Park. She’s simple minded so all her stories will appeal to Koreans, easy to digest, shallow and mostly about love. :lol:

If we want lmh in something dark, we can throw out expectations for really high ratings. Romantic comedies generally perform better than thrillers/melodramas. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Time loop said:

Lmao.. @madmad min is that you? I just came across an article written 4 hours ago talking about ''Legend of the blue sea'' season 2. Really?

“Legend of the Blue Sea Season 2”: “Shin Hye-sun” as “Cha Shi-ah” will return in the upcoming season!

Can i say no to this? I love LOTBS, but the ending made it clear that they are married and expecting a child. I can't see any plot being develop from that ending. The could have done a 2 special episode right after the show dine airing, but LOTBS doesn't have material for 2nd season.

This is just another click bait article. all these sites, including those who doesn't like LMH are using him to bring traffic into their site. worse, some are quite snarky about him while making money off of him. :angry:

4 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

After dramas ended , other actors: 178263826278 interviews, 826382 magazines 

LMH: already 18 days passed , 0 interview, 0 magazine , what is he doing? :cries:

Netflix for other dramas: 87486272 videos

Netflix for TKEM: just Jenga and Who,Me? 

Lee Min Jung is my favourite while I was watching BOF, I don't like Jandi:drinksboba:

I know right? However The Swoon wrote a statement regarding lacked of TKEM content. According to them, they didn't have a lot of time to shot content with TKEM cast because they were busy with shooting schedule, so they were only able to shot 2 segment and photoshoot.

BUt...i think he did a couple different photoshoot according to his IG post from a few weeks back, so hopefully we will get to find out, what those photo shoot is about :)

• Like 6