Please Help Me! Thread!

Admin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just started watching K-Movies(Action) and they are amazing!!!! I have become obsessed with them, Korean action movies are simply the best. But recently I have watched movie 'Friend'(Chingu) and I got confused,

1. i couldn't understand if 'Joon-seok' got his friend 'Dong-su' murdered or not.  
  2. And I couldn't get, when Sang-taek asks  Joon-seok why he pleaded guilty in court. Joon-seok simply replies, "Embarrassment. Me and Dong-su are mobsters. Mobsters shouldn't be embarrassed" what does it mean?

I watch movies with English translation so it feels to me like I have lost this thing in translation. I searched internet a lot but couldn't get a clear answer.

On one forum, someone says that it means he didn't get his friend killed but he was embarrassed that he couldn't save him either but when I watched Friend 2 (Friend: the great legacy) ,  

In one of the ending scenes 'Choi Sung-hoo' said to ' Lee Joon-suk' that he knows that Joon Suk signalled the killing of his father by dropping his cigarette  which Joon suk didn't deny. That made me confuse again :(

So what exactly all this mean?

After the Soompi kinda updated I have problem when I want to click next to go to next page or click previous to go to the previous page. It won't bring me to next page instead it bring me to some kind of news articles or some topic list. Anyone can help me with this? It make it hard for me to go to previously or next page in a thread. Before the Soompi updated I didn't encounter this kind of problems. For your information also I often viewing Soompi using mobile phone.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 6:47 PM, kokodus said:

May i know why Descendants of the sun thread got closed.. :(

To give way to Descendants of the SongSong jk. No, it's open

On 9/14/2017 at 4:37 PM, werra said:

Is there an upcoming food drama for 2017?

None that I've heard of. Want to try Three Meals a Day instead? 

@Killa92 will relay this to the tech people. For tech-related stuff, you should post in the Problem Solvers forum for faster reply.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

To the rescue! :D 

5 hours ago, Killa92 said:

After the Soompi kinda updated I have problem when I want to click next to go to next page or click previous to go to the previous page. It won't bring me to next page instead it bring me to some kind of news articles or some topic list. Anyone can help me with this? It make it hard for me to go to previously or next page in a thread. Before the Soompi updated I didn't encounter this kind of problems. For your information also I often viewing Soompi using mobile phone.

thnx @jeijei for letting me know :)

Most of these problems are related to pages being stuck in the memory of your browser. Try refreshing your browser (preferably with CTRL+F5 but that's going to be a bit difficult on your mobile). Close the app completely and restart it (so no Home button or something, get the list of apps in front of you and swipe it out of existance :) )
If that doesn't work, delete your cookies and browserhistory. Both can be found in the settings for your browser.

If it still doesn't work, try a different browser.

You will need to perform the above steps for every device you experience these problems. If it doesn't work, let me know by either tagging me or posting in the Tech forum. Note that I'll be away on vacation soon so posting in Tech would be smarter :) 

NEED HELP IDENTIFYING DRAMA FROM A SINGLE SCENE

I was watching episodes of various drama's and for this one drama I remember one scene in particular and that scene only. I cant remember wether or not it was Chinese, Korean or Japanese...sorrrrry.

The main character is a female, in highschool i think? I believe she becomes pregnant at some early in the series or first episode. But the one scene I remember is her in the girls changing/locker room or bathroom. She's checking out her stomach I think? Then one girl accidentally stumbles into her little stall and she has that kind face like, " are you.....?" and the pregnant girl has that, " oh no " kinda expression I think. Sorry its not alot to work with but that all I remember!

Hey guys. Completely new poster to this forum here. I've relied on soompi's updates on dramas for years but only recently created an account to participate. I was reading the rules and got a little terrified about breaking something accidentally, so I thought I would ask my question here:

Is it okay to occasionally post a link to my podcast when the discussion string is directly related to the drama/actor we talked about in the episode? I completely understand if this is considered spamming and don't want to misuse the forum to self-advertise. I'm here for the community and great information available. 

Thanks for the help!

@akdramapodcast

There's no problem if you want to link it in your signature. Many people link to their blogs there. Although you'll be the first podcast I've come across. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :) 

Have to clarify ----- as long as your not looking for money and it's free. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ais1ing said:

Have to clarify ----- as long as your not looking for money and it's free. 

Yes, it's free. My friends and I are pretty much doing it for the love of dramas and the opportunity to talk our hearts out about the stories we obsess over so much. =) Thanks for the answer! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ais1ing said:

@akdramapodcast

There's no problem if you want to link it in your signature. Many people link to their blogs there. Although you'll be the first podcast I've come across. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :) 

I was trying to insert the link to our blog in the signature, but the site kept returning the error: too many links. Since, I was only inserting one link, does this mean I have to post a certain number of times before I'm allowed to have a signature with links? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, akdramapodcast said:

I was trying to insert the link to our blog in the signature, but the site kept returning the error: too many links. Since, I was only inserting one link, does this mean I have to post a certain number of times before I'm allowed to have a signature with links? 

Thanks!

I inserted it for you, not sure why it was returning that. The 5 post rule is in relation to starting topics, so not in restricting you putting a link in your siggy. 

Belated welcome to Soompi and I look forward to hearing your thoughts :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

Does anyone know a drama about a girl who goes on holiday to a ski resort with her friends and pretends to be Japanese to flirt with a rich guy (whose the son of the owner of the hotel) he has run away from boarding school and is having a birthday party at the hotel.  They end up in a room together but he falls asleep, when he wakes up he finds out she is not Japanese. Later they meet in town because he had to escape from his father who arrives at the hotel. He forgets his wallet so she pays for his meal and they take the same taxi back to the hotel.

if you know the name of this drama please tell me. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 12:21 AM, asiandramakk said:

Hey

Does anyone know a drama about a girl who goes on holiday to a ski resort with her friends and pretends to be Japanese to flirt with a rich guy (whose the son of the owner of the hotel) he has run away from boarding school and is having a birthday party at the hotel.  They end up in a room together but he falls asleep, when he wakes up he finds out she is not Japanese. Later they meet in town because he had to escape from his father who arrives at the hotel. He forgets his wallet so she pays for his meal and they take the same taxi back to the hotel.

if you know the name of this drama please tell me. 

If I remember this right, there was something really close this scene in 'feast of the gods'. It is a food drama and I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but hopefully it is. Um do you remember anything else about this drama? was it a korean one? recent? 

• 3 weeks later...

not sure if this is the right place to post this... but can anyone tell me the name of the poetry book in because this is my first life. the one with the visitor poem of jung hyun jong. and if his works are also available and english translated? 

Edited by jeijei
Answered