[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

2017 TVN DRAMA "FOREST OF SECRETS"

Secret-Forest-p012.jpg

Drama: Forest of Secrets/Secret Forest/ also known as Stranger

Hangul: 비밀의

Genre: thriller, mystery, legal

Network: tvN

Episodes: 16

Director: Ahn Gil-Ho

Writer: Lee Soo-Yeon

Release Date: June 10, 2017- July 30, 2017 

Runtime:  Saturday & Sunday 21:00 

Production Company:  Signal Entertainment and IOK Media

OST: part 1 Richard Parkers (리차드파커스) - Without End 끝도없이

part 2 Averua 에버루아 - Dust 먼지

part 3 Oohyo (우효)- Downpour소나기

part 4 Tei (테이) - Like A Monster (괴물처럼

part 5 Sorae (소래) , Han Hee Jung (한희정) - Smile웃어요

part 6 Yoon Do Hyun (윤도현)- Forest of Secrets 비밀의 숲

part 7 Si Hun (시헌) - Like I Love You/ As If I`ll Love

part 8 YEIN- Wave (물결)

part 9 Peter Han (피터한) - Back in Time (영문버전) (english version)

Peter Han (피터한) - 굿바이 잘가요

part 10 Jung Won Bo, Jeon Sang Keun – Asks (묻는다)

Official site: http://section.cgv.co.kr/event/running/eventzone.aspx?idx=742

Other sites

Asianwiki page Secret Forest

https://www.facebook.com/tvNStranger/

http://www.koreandrama.org/secret-forest/

Plot

'Forest of secrets/Secret Forest' is a chase thriller where a prosecutor who has lost his emotions explores the secrets inside the prosecution office and chases the real criminals along with a righteous police officer.

Cast

tumblr_ok8h54pYgp1sdd1ivo2_r1_540.png

tumblr_ok8h54pYgp1sdd1ivo5_r2_540.png

Jo Seung-Woo - Kwang Shi mok

Bae Doo-Na- Han Yeo Jin

Lee Joon-Hyuk - Seo Dong Jae

Shin Hye-Sun - Young Eun Soo

Lee Kyoung-Young - Minister of Justice

Yoo Jae-Myung - Lee Chang Joon

Park Jin-Woo (1973) - Kim Soo Chan

Yoon Kyung-Ho -Kang Jin Sup

Park Yoo Na -Kwon Min-ah

Choi Byung-Mo - Kim Woo Gyun

Yoon Se-Ah - Lee Yun Jae

Song Ji-Ho - Park Soon-chang

Park Sung-Geun - Detective Head

Kim So-Ra - Choi Young

Seo Dong Won - Kim Jung Bon

Lee Ho Jae - Young Il Jae

Choi Jae WoongJang Geon

Chun Min-Hee- 

Bae Hyo Won (배효원) as Assistant Yang
Kim Min Sang (김민상)
Choi Jin Ho (최진호)
Kang Min Tae (강민태)

Posters

Secret-Forest-Poster2.jpg

Secret-Forest1.jpg

Secret-Forest2.jpg

Secret-Forest3.jpg

Secret-Forest4.jpg

Secret-Forest5.jpg

Character descriptions

Character chart

Spoiler

18812098_293322197784271_742307200150745

The protagonist Kwang Shi Mok (Cho Seung Woo) is a cold and lonely prosecutor who lost the ability to feel emotions following a brain surgery in his youth. He’s lonely because the prosecutor’s office is full of corruption, and for eight years he’s stood alone as the sole prosecutor who’s held onto his integrity. One day, a corpse is dropped in front of him, and in chasing a serial murderer, he ends up in a labyrinth of mysteries and corruption within his department.

Unlike him, Han Yeo Jin (Bae Doona) is a a righteous police officer with a positive and warm nature, who graduated from the police academy and served her time in bottom-rung positions, and finally earned her spot in the violent crimes unit. She’s only two months into her shiny new job as a detective, but she’s respected by the veterans and acknowledged for her skills

Seo Dong Jae  (Lee Jun-hyuk ) is a handsome and successful prosecutor who has an inferiority complex because of his background.

Young Eun Soo (Shin Hye- Sun) has a strong sense of pride that can get in her own way, given that she’s still a trainee with much to learn but finds it difficult to acknowledge that and impatiently wants to prove herself based on her skills.

Teasers/Trailers

Official Trailer
Trailer I
Trailer II
Trailer III
Trailer IV
Trailer V
Trailer VI

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cho Seung Woo And Bae Doona To Make Highly Anticipated Return To Small Screen

R. Choi January 23, 2017

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/08050828/Cho-Seung-Woo-Bae-Doona.jpg

Bae Doona and Cho Seung Woo are making their return to TV!

On January 24, a source from the upcoming tvN drama “Forest of Secrets” (working title) stated, “Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona have been confirmed to appear in the drama.” Cho Seung Woo will be playing an emotionless prosecutor, while Bae Doona is set to play a driven policewoman.

Cho Seung Woo, Bae Doona, the director, and the rest of the cast are set to meet on January 25 for their first table reading.

Meanwhile, tvN’s upcoming drama “Forest of Secrets” will be 100 percent pre-produced and is preparing to start filming soon. The drama is currently in discussion for either a Monday-Tuesday or Friday-Saturday time slot.

Soompi 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/23/cho-seung-woo-bae-doona-make-highly-anticipated-return-tv/

Jo Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na in talks for new tvN thriller

by chickachunga | December 22, 2016 | 32 Comments

JSW_BDA1.jpg

This pairing sounds nearly too good to be true: Actors Jo Seung-woo (Assassination, God’s Gift — 14 Days) and Bae Doo-na (Tunnel, Jupiter Ascending) have received offers to star in tvN’s new drama Secret Forest (working title). Details are scarce at this time, but the story of Secret Forest focuses on a prosecutor who lost his emotions and uncovers a secret that propels him to search for the real culprit within his own domain: the public prosecutor’s office.

Written by Lee Soo-yeon, who directed the 2015 feature film Thawing, Secret Forest would be the first tvN venture for both Jo Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na and their first time as costars, should they confirm. Initially, there were reports that PD Kim Won-seok of Signal and Misaeng fame would helm the project, but an official statement from tvN refuted such news and mentioned that they are still in the midst of procuring a producer.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/jo-seung-woo-and-bae-doo-na-in-talks-for-new-tvn-thriller/

Cho Seung Woo And Bae Doona In Talks To Join New tvN Drama

An official statement was released to clarify the rumors surrounding Bae Doona and Cho Seung Woo’s involvement with tvN’s new drama “Forest of Secrets” (working title).

A representative of the drama stated, “We have sent both Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona an offer [to appear in the drama]. We are currently in talks with both of them with the conversation being mostly positive. There are no confirmations regarding cast lineups.”

They also added, “Details like when the first filming or script reading will be have not been set, but the drama is expected to air in mid-2017.”

Bae Doona’s agency also confirmed that the actress is in talks to appear in the drama, though nothing has been decided yet.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/08/jo-seung-woo-bae-doona-talks-join-new-tvn-drama/

Shin Hye-sun eyes tvN mystery-thriller Forest of Secrets

by javabeans | January 23, 2017 | 15 Comments

shinhyesun_40.jpg

Good to see that Shin Hye-sun is keeping up with her busy drama schedule, and is looking to follow up her current (but soon-to-end) gig on Legend of the Blue Sea with a role in tvN’s upcoming Forest of Secrets, the mystery-thriller starring Jo Seung-woo (God’s Gift–14 Days) and Bae Doo-na (Tunnel). The drama centers around a prosecutor who’s lost his emotions who sets out to catch a criminal and get to the bottom of secrets within the prosecutor’s office.

Shin Hye-sun is positively considering the drama, according to her representatives, who confirmed that she received the offer to play a trainee prosecutor from a prestigious background. The character has a strong sense of pride that can get in her own way, given that she’s still a trainee with much to learn but finds it difficult to acknowledge that and impatiently wants to prove herself based on her skills. It sounds like just the kind of character she would be great at, because there are aspects of that personality that are admirable, even as I can see them becoming problematic and frustrating for her.

More http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/shin-hye-sun-eyes-tvn-mystery-thriller-forest-of-secrets/

tvN thriller Forest of Secrets confirms leads, adds Lee Jun-hyuk

by girlfriday | January 24, 2017 | 6 Comments

LeeJunHyuk1.jpg

Great news all around for tvN’s new mystery-thriller Forest of Secrets: The upcoming legal-police drama has confirmed leading actors Jo Seung-woo (God’s Gift–14 Days) and Bae Doo-na (Tunnel), and is now busy securing a strong supporting cast with the addition of Lee Jun-hyuk (Naked Fireman) and Lee Kyung-young (D-Day).

Jo Seung-woo stars as a cold and lonely prosecutor who lost the ability to feel emotions following a brain surgery in his youth. He’s lonely because the prosecutor’s office is full of corruption, and for eight years he’s stood alone as the sole prosecutor who’s held onto his integrity. One day, a corpse is dropped in front of him, and in chasing a serial murderer, he ends up in a labyrinth of mysteries and corruption within his department.

And Lee Kyung-young has joined the cast in an unspecified role, though I can guess that he’s probably not a very nice character.

LeeKyungYoung1.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/tvn-thriller-forest-of-secrets-confirms-leads-adds-lee-jun-hyuk

@larus, Thank you for starting the thread.

I've been so praying that they confirm.

I am so thrilled with their confirmations.

I suggest that everyone comment on the Soompi article above - and letting them know we want to watch this drama and please have Viki bring us this drama.

Lets submit those License Request Forms

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

I have a feeling that actor Lee Kyoung-Young will play a baddie too.

‘비밀의 숲’ tvN 새 드라마 이경영 합류! 조승우, 배두나까지 최강 라인업

I will not be surprised if Lee Jun-hyuk who plays another prosecutor will not be very nice either.

71557_94203_1117.jpg

He plays a successful prosecutor and a colleague of the protagonist but from his character description  it says that he has an inferiority complex because of his background. That`s could be the key why he could be a corrupt prosecutor. Usually, a man who has inferiority complex could   drive himself to overcompensate and that could be his weakness. He wants constantly to prove himself, he needs validations that he is good enough and it is easy to deviate from the right path. It will be interesting if he is a good man and there is a constant battle with himself if he is corrupt. We`ll see. One thing is sure. We`ll see lots of baddies in this drama. 

18 minutes ago, irilight said:

I suggest that everyone comment on the Soompi article above - and letting them know we want to watch this drama and please have Viki bring us this drama.

Lets submit those License Request Forms

I`ve submitted the license request form and I will do it constantly. Hope they will get the license for this drama.

Cho Seung-Woo and Bae Doo-Na cast in tvN drama series “Secret Forest”

Secret-Forest-p01.jpg

Cho Seung-Woo and Bae Doo-Na are now cast in new tvN drama series “Secret Forest” (literal title). In the drama series Cho Sung-Woo will play lead male character Hwang Shi-Mok. He is an emotionless, but moral prosecutor. Bae Doo-Na will play lead female character Han Yeo-Jin. Her character works as a police lieutenant. They work together to solve a serial murder case and uncover corruption at the prosecutor’s office. Lee Joon-Hyuk and Lee Kyoung-Young are cast in supporting roles.

The first script reading for “Secret Forest” is scheduled to take place at the end of this month in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/cho-seung-woo-and-bae-doo-na-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-secret-forest

Annyeong ... hallo ... Good night...

Wooooo.... Dong-chan ahjussi is comeback! Almost the same time as his former GG14Days's co-star, Lee Bo-young. Finally I have a chance to see him again. Seeing him accepted the offer, that drama must have a strong story-line. Though I am not familiar with the female lead, I am ready for it. Second male lead, Kim Joon-hyuk also the prosecutor from City Hunter, Shin Hye-sun, and annoying Ahjussi in dramaland Lee Kyoung-young. Hahaaa....Pre-produced? Ahh... no certain airing time... Good luck! 

9 hours ago, Mayyes said:

Though I am not familiar with the female lead, I am ready for it. Second male lead, Kim Joon-hyuk also the prosecutor from City Hunter, Shin Hye-sun, and annoying Ahjussi in dramaland Lee Kyoung-young. Hahaaa....Pre-produced? Ahh... no certain airing time... Good luck! 

@Mayyes,hi... You are probably not familiar with Bae Doo-Na because she has not done Kdrama in quite some time. To be honest, I have only seen her in "Country Princess" Kdrama (with Kang Dong Won), but I have seen her in several films. The first was "Plum Blossom" with Kim Rae-Won (2000). I think my favorites were "Air Doll" by Japanese director Hirokazu Koreeda, and also "As One" with Ha Ji-Won. I have yet to watch her most current films, as well as her American TV series "Sense 8" (on Netflix)

wow. I do not remember Lee Joon-Hyuk from City Hunter. I think the first recollection I have of him is from "Bluebird House"

Jo Seung-Woo is one of those actor who can do no wrong in my book. He excels in every project he takes on (and I have not seen them all either). But I loved him in movies "Marathon", "A Sword with No Name," and "Love Phoebia"  as well as MBC Drama Festival "Lee Sang That Lee Sang."

18 hours ago, larus said:

I have a feeling that actor Lee Kyoung-Young will play a baddie too.

I think so too...

18 hours ago, larus said:

He plays a successful prosecutor and a colleague of the protagonist but from his character description  it says that he has an inferiority complex because of his background. That`s could be the key why he could be a corrupt prosecutor. Usually, a man who has inferiority complex could   drive himself to overcompensate and that could be his weakness. He wants constantly to prove himself, he needs validations that he is good enough and it is easy to deviate from the right path. It will be interesting if he is a good man and there is a constant battle with himself if he is corrupt. We`ll see. One thing is sure. We`ll see lots of baddies in this drama. 

Very interesting. I like well layered characters, if they are well acted too.

4 hours ago, dhakra said:

This drama sounds really nice. I filled out the form on viki.com

Hi, and thank you. Lets hope it get licensed, and we call share about it as we view it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bae Doona and Jo Seung-woo confirmed to star in "Secret Forest"

photo812169.jpg

Bae Doona is set to come back to Korean dramas after an absence of seven years with tvN thriller "Secret Forest", with Jo Seung-woo co-starring.

"Secret Forest" tells the story of Hwang Shi-mok played by Jo Seung-woo, a prosecutor who, as a result of surgery in his childhood, lacks the capactiy to feel emotions. Bae Doona will play a dedicated and upbeat cop who teams up with him to battle crime and corruption. Joining them will be Lee Joon-hyeok as a prosecutor, and Lee Kyeong-yeong as the Minister of Justice.

"Secret Forest" is the first drama for Bae Doona since 2010's "Gloria", while Jo Seung-woo is returning after a shorter absence of three years, his last drama being 2014's "God's Gift - 14 Days". Both actors tend to be more active in film, so this is a hotly anticipated return to the small screen. The plot seems a bit like a retread of 2015's "Remember You", but since it's from the network that brought us "Signal", I'm more than willing to give "Secret Forest" a chance, especially with two great actors in the lead roles.

"Secret Forest" will be entirely pre-produced, and is scheduled to air in the first half of 2017 on tvN.

source

5 hours ago, dhakra said:

This drama sounds really nice. I filled out the form on viki.com.

@dhakra looks like we will be pitching tents here also.. 

Hi my dear twin @irilight I;m watching this drama for JSW it's something about BD that just don't do it for me.. The only drama I liked her in was somrthing about neighbor can't think of the full title.

7 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@dhakra looks like we will be pitching tents here also.. 

Hi my dear twin @irilight I;m watching this drama for JSW it's something about BD that just don't do it for me.. The only drama I liked her in was somrthing about neighbor can't think of the full title.

Oh nice, seems like we're neighbours then. Glad to see a familiar face, but it doesn't surprise me that you watch it because of the male lead. :lol:

2 hours ago, Rafael Pascual said:

Just found out that Signal Entertainment - producer of the currently airing SBS Mon-Tue drama Defendant - is producing this drama. Source: http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=487949

It is true. On Naver is written the same:  씨그널엔터테인먼트

Producer:    Signal Entertainment

Thanks for letting us know.

1485299614320702.jpg

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=814299

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1120822

Hot Issue
Shin HyeSun, 'Secret Forest' appearance confirmed ... to work with Jo SeungWoo, Bae DooNa

Posted by Lee EunJin : 2017/01/25 09:26:32

Actress Shin HyeSun has decided to appear in 'Secret Forest'.
YNK Entertainment has revealed on the 25th that "Shin HyeSun has confirmed on tvN's 'Secret Forest' as her next project".

'Secret Forest' is a drama about a prosecutor unable to feel emotions, Hwang ShiMok (Jo SeungWoo) and a good cop Han YeoJin (Bae DooNa)'s working together to dig up the DA office's internal secrets in pursuit of the real criminal.

Shin HyeSun will take on the role of a newly placed attorney in ShiMok (Jo SeungWoo)'s office. She will play a character struggling to restore the reputation of her father who was discharged from the law office dishonorably after being framed. She is a character whose build up of chemistry with ShiMok in the DA's office can be anticipated.

Previously Shin HyeSun had helped works like 'High School King of Savvy', 'She was Pretty', 'O My Ghostess', 'Five Children' succeed and has now risen to ranks of a 'hit fairy'. Having been repeatedly assigned to work with a select company of top stars such as in 'Legend of the Blue Seas' and now to 'Secret Forest', she is gathering maximum anticipation in family room theaters.

In particular, she has caused attention with her [chameleon-like] transformation for each of the characters she has taken on. With her mask which goes back and forth between innocence and elegance, from comical to melodramatic, with her solid acting abilities she has elicited critical acclaim of raising the 'bar of perfecion' for each of her roles. This time in her role as a young lawyer with overflowing ambitions, we anticipate yet another impressionable addition to her filmography.

'Secret Forest' has confirmed to be aired in the first half of the year. With a goal of 100% pre-production (before airing), it is set to begin filming first scenes by the end of this month.

Lee EunJin reporting: dms3573@tenasia.co.kr

---

@larus Thank you for starting this thread and all the great posts already! Forgive me as I will be posting many translations and articles from a Shin HyeSun fan perspective, mostly. Looking forward to happy times here after a rather disappointing LotBS appearance for SHS. :crazy:

Archived