Please Help Me! Thread!

Admin

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone can help me identify whats the name of this very-very old Kdrama I would love you to DEATH:

Typical story- Two Children switch at birth. However, The Boy goes into a family of "girls" while The Girl goes into a family of "boys". The grandmother and father of the opposite family only knows of the switches.  Throughout the series, The girl lives in poverty, met a boy (who later becomes a lawyer), while the Boy lives in luxury. The Boy later on falls in love with The Girl and actually makes her pregnant. She ended up with a miscarriage.  At the end of the series, The Girl- despite loving the Lawyer, chose The Boy because of "family's sake" Lawyer ended up going to North America. And the two visit the graves of the grandmother. 

Please excuse my grammar, but this is a very awesome series I had loved watching with my mom. 

• 1 month later...

Drama suggestions please

Havent and dont think want to watch long historical series...unlike they are mindblowing good..

Some real good ones for me: Reply 88, Kill me heal me 

Good ones: Cheese in the thread, Coffee prince

Strictly avg: all the other drama really..you from another star, bad guys, signal, master;s sun, healer, oh my ghostess, secret garden (somewhere between good and avg)

Boring: BOF, Heirs, fated to love you, reply 97, goong, venus

Now... please please please is there some nice movie or series that one can suggest.. any language..chinese/taiwanese/jap

- No ott stuff..

- really really really good and taut script and fine actors

Here's a SERIOUS question.

I've been watching "School 2015: Who are You?" for a little while, and I only have about 3 episodes left. Unfortunately, the videos I'd been watching on YouTube got removed, and the other ones aren't great. DramaFever has all the episodes, but the subtitles don't work, and, lucky me, I don't speak Korean! Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you someone help me out on this? There is a song in the beginning of Thumping Spike episode 18 after the two main characters met up with each other, can someone tell me what that song is please?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2015 at 4:51 AM, JAN said:

Hi
i now see filipino drama called "On The Wings of Love" really really good drama so far
so if there's more recommendation for filipino dramas like this write me( or quote or message)
i can't find thread to those drama?
thanks

Check your inbox.

On 2/15/2016 at 5:11 AM, chiemiyazawa said:

Here's a SERIOUS question.

I've been watching "School 2015: Who are You?" for a little while, and I only have about 3 episodes left. Unfortunately, the videos I'd been watching on YouTube got removed, and the other ones aren't great. DramaFever has all the episodes, but the subtitles don't work, and, lucky me, I don't speak Korean! Please help!

Check your inbox.

i want to ask how i can download OST from Drama and Movie OST thread. I already click the song but the site is refused the connection, what is that mean ?

This site can’t be reached

daumbgm.nefficient.co.kr refused to connect.

How i can donload OST ?? please teach me.

Or maybe someone can give another link to download Sunshine of Love / Sunlight Pours Down OST ??

thank you

On 6/5/2016 at 0:53 PM, lithium_122003 said:

i want to ask how i can download OST from Drama and Movie OST thread. I already click the song but the site is refused the connection, what is that mean ?

This site can’t be reached

daumbgm.nefficient.co.kr refused to connect.

Dead link. I sent you a message.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,guys!

I'm not sure if i should post this question here,but oh well.Does anyone know kdramas about the classical/renaissance period in Europe?like about kings and queens and life at the court.I know that in Asia they didn't have a period quite like this,but i was thinking maybe someone made a drama about it,like the anime the rose of Versailles.Thank you!^_^

Hello, I'm looking for names of dramas dating from 1980-1985 in Korea. I know it's a long shot... BTW, I read Hangeul. So the hangeul is fine. I'm asking because I'm trying to find dramas from my childhood that I may have watched.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate any help I can get...

On 6/22/2016 at 10:59 PM, worldwanderer said:

Hi, I am looking for the name of a "teddy bear" from a Korean serie.

I don't know the name of the serie so finding it is even more difficult. I want to buy it as a present for my girlfriend.

Mod edit. Do not quote pictures.

Can anyone help me out?

I'd appreciate it a lot :)

Isn't that a laughing elmo dressed up? Probably wrong...

On 6/20/2016 at 9:50 AM, butterflygirl093 . said:

Hey,guys!

I'm not sure if i should post this question here,but oh well.Does anyone know kdramas about the classical/renaissance period in Europe?like about kings and queens and life at the court.I know that in Asia they didn't have a period quite like this,but i was thinking maybe someone made a drama about it,like the anime the rose of Versailles.Thank you!^_^

That's Joseon Korea mostly. So any drama in the Joseon period would fit, which is a crapload of them. And Koreans did innovate during that time period, while Europe did a  whole lot of appropriating during theirs (mostly from the Islamic Empires)

If you're asking set in Europe--no. The cast would be Korean, so they wouldn't dress up white. There are dramas that are loosely based on some European literature of the time period. Say like The Three Musketeers, which BTW, was written by a Person of Color originally, though I'm well aware this often gets erased from public talks.

But that's as close as you'll get. Personally, I find the Three Kingdoms, and Goryeo dramas more interesting... since Korea would have had less outside influences during that time and it's a lot more challenging coming up with an interesting plot.

On 2/12/2016 at 0:27 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:

Drama suggestions please

Havent and dont think want to watch long historical series...unlike they are mindblowing good..

Some real good ones for me: Reply 88, Kill me heal me 

Good ones: Cheese in the thread, Coffee prince

Strictly avg: all the other drama really..you from another star, bad guys, signal, master;s sun, healer, oh my ghostess, secret garden (somewhere between good and avg)

Boring: BOF, Heirs, fated to love you, reply 97, goong, venus

Now... please please please is there some nice movie or series that one can suggest.. any language..chinese/taiwanese/jap

- No ott stuff..

- really really really good and taut script and fine actors

Try the other Reply series.

Seems like you like more US-centric plots and action series and don't care that much about accuracy of the plots. While you tend to dislike the plots with heavy Asian plotting and cultural elements. (Just saying this, but you might want to consider studying some of the Asian elements you're missing out on.)

Try shorter movies, like Arahan, which has an element of easiness to it. Korean martial arts movie like Shadowless Sword tend to have a similar flavor.

Some of the Hong Sister early stuff is of that flavor, too, easy to digest, doesn't press you that hard to understand Korean plotting. Starting with Chun Hyang to about Greatest Marriage has that flavor. You;ll dislike Warm and Cozy and probably Master's Sun, since it relies on both using your brain while you watch and Korean plotting knowledge. As well as the other Hong sisters' The King 2 Hearts.

In Japanese dramas, (since "J-a-p" is a slur) Nodame Cantabile, Hotaru no Hikari 1 and 2, Hana Yori Dango are also along this line. Most dramas based on manga tend to be easy.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:59 PM, worldwanderer said:

Hi, I am looking for the name of a "teddy bear" from a Korean serie.

I don't know the name of the serie so finding it is even more difficult. I want to buy it as a present for my girlfriend.

Can anyone help me out?

I'd appreciate it a lot :)

It's the laughing doll from Another Miss Oh/ Oh Hae Young Again (see Ep. 1). I can't find any link for the merchandise.

giphy.gif

On 6/21/2016 at 0:50 AM, butterflygirl093 . said:

Hey,guys!

I highly doubt there's any because they have sageuk instead. 

3 hours ago, Kim Yunmi said:

Hello, I'm looking for names of dramas dating from 1980-1985 in Korea. I know it's a long shot... BTW, I read Hangeul. So the hangeul is fine. I'm asking because I'm trying to find dramas from my childhood that I may have watched.

Dead-end search for me. Try to check KBS, SBS and MBC websites for them, or some books on Korean television.

7 hours ago, Kim Yunmi said:

Try the other Reply series.- A88 awesome.. the other two really pale out

Seems like you like more US-centric plots and action series and don't care that much about accuracy of the plots. While you tend to dislike the plots with heavy Asian plotting and cultural elements. (Just saying this, but you might want to consider studying some of the Asian elements you're missing out on.)

- your interpretation, i will disagree

Try shorter movies, like Arahan, which has an element of easiness to it. Korean martial arts movie like Shadowless Sword tend to have a similar flavor.

cool

Some of the Hong Sister early stuff is of that flavor, too, easy to digest, doesn't press you that hard to understand Korean plotting. Starting with Chun Hyang to about Greatest Marriage has that flavor. You;ll dislike Warm and Cozy and probably Master's Sun, since it relies on both using your brain while you watch and Korean plotting knowledge. As well as the other Hong sisters' The King 2 Hearts.

In Japanese dramas, (since "J-a-p" is a slur) Nodame Cantabile, Hotaru no Hikari 1 and 2, Hana Yori Dango are also along this line. Most dramas based on manga tend to be easy.

Thanks

Guest ina111
20 hours ago, Kim Yunmi said:

@Kim Yunmi  I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I'd start with the links on this wikipedia page

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/분류:1980년대_드라마

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I'm desperately looking for the name of a song which plays in a scene in the drama "38 Task Force". It's in episode 7 where the characters are walking down the street after *SPOILER ALERT* they start getting people to pay their taxes*SPOILER END* It starts at around 8:00.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

On 8/2/2016 at 3:26 AM, ouo14141414 said:

Hello!

I'm desperately looking for the name of a song which plays in a scene in the drama "38 Task Force". It's in episode 7 where the characters are walking down the street after *SPOILER ALERT* they start getting people to pay their taxes*SPOILER END* It starts at around 8:00.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Jang Gi Ha and the Faces - I Heard a Rumor (Nameless Gangster OST)