Please Help Me! Thread!

Admin

@supergal99  Will look at GBC again however not really a fan of time jumps.  But yes agree my brain cells were lost on Tommorrow with you, hence i was cautious of signal, but as TripleM said thou, wouldnt hurt to try.

I did try with doubtful victory as i dont mind the lead he was in Pinocchio but after 10 episodes i was like arghhhhhh with the supporting cast.......lol

@triplem  Agree, will look at the suggestions and give them a shot, always worth a try.......

Ohh i so wanted to reach through the screen and slap him silly on the another miss oh......lol

I keep rewatching Mad dog......i dont know why but i cant stay away from that one.  Ohh yes and Cheif Kim, OMG is that absolutely awesome........

Thank you both for the suggestions...

There’s no thread for ‘Along With Gods’ movie? Thats like the hottest movie now and no discussion thread? Why not?

@fragglerock GBC and Live up to Your Name are both awesome. If you like doctor stories, i strongly recommend Live Up to Your Name. I also liked The Best Hit, though thats not a common favourtite... And i also dont like Signal, or Nine Times Travel, or Tomorrow With You... haha.. i guess i have weird tastes.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please assist in referring me to the right area of these forums?  Pretty please........lol

Just finished watching the final 10 episodes of The General & I which is a chinese production and the action in that was pretty good and i like the strategy of it with the romantic couple in it putting on a united front in the battle and either one got killed....suprise suprise.

I want to know other chinese dramas that might be similar that someone could refer me to that doesnt involve someone dying at the end tragically or being broken apart for stupid reasons in the dramas........  So while action and strategy are fun to watch it has to have a strong couple in it as well.......

Thank you in anticipation of assistance.......lol

This thread is for Kdrama/movie -related inquiries only,  so if you want to post about Chinese-related stuff, go to the Global Entertainment - Mainland China section. 

But since you're here, might as well answer your query. You're looking for dramas belonging in the wuxia (martial arts) or xianxia (fantasy) genre where the heroes don't have tragic endings. I'm not sure about the tragedy part, but I recommend the following:

- Journey of Flower 

- Nirvana in Fire

- Eternal Love (Ten Miles of Mark Chao's hair Peach Blossoms)

Plus my favorite xianxia movie: Painted Skin 

Or you want to go fast-forward for an adventure set in the early Republic: The Mystic Nine

ab.gif

Kpop idol by day, tomb raider by night

Any recommendations @angelangie @LyraYoo @triplem

@fragglerock I’m watching General & I now.  I’m in the last leg of the drama. Hmm fr what I gather a lot of historical Chinese dramas tend to hv tragic endings :lol:. I only decided to watch G&I after I was assured of a happy ending. OTP definitely had great chemistry. 

@jeijei I rarely watch c dramas. And those recommended to me are given in your list. 

There are some recommendations here that fragglerock can check out

https://www.dramafever.com/news/romancing-the-chinese-historical-dramas/{[{notification.object.url}]}

@USAFarmgirl Might be able to help .

At my Chingu @triplems request  Here  I am...  @fragglerock Hoping I can help...  Here are a few I would recommend not all historical but romantic...

Love 020

Spoiler

2d3f0df4-adb8-4c19-b219-d405ce6d6be0.jpg

Eternal Love (Ten Miles Peach Blossoms )  My Favorite I would choose this one next if you haven't seen it:heart:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP2emlNrN0pr9w_G2ePBp

Boss and Me

Spoiler

Boss-and-Me-drama.jpg

My Sunshine

Spoiler

mysunshine-7.jpg

Novaland The Castle In The Sky

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

A Love So Beautiful

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8QLZ4q41luZuhQ8XvLaR

My Mr Mermaid

Spoiler

My-Mr-Mermaid_channel-Thumbnail_1560x872

The Eternal Love ( Not the same as Peach Blossoms )

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmJNcXxT0etI628FXGffJ

Where The Lost Ones Go

Spoiler

ButBad%205.jpg

Every person will have their own ideas of their favorites hope at least of few of these will work for you:blush:  If I can help you please just PM me and I have a few more I am sure LOL:w00t:   The General & I would have been on my list but you are already enjoying that LOL!!!  And I did too!!!

@triplem  Agreed I have watched a few of these dramas now and must stick to a strict criteria to tolerate them;

- Does it have a happy or plausible ending

- Do the lead characters have chemistry

- If they dont have chemisty is the second leads tolerable

- Does it have a plausible break up reason, and plausible does not include psychotic obsesssive women or rediculously stupid men accepting all responsibility.

- How long does the drama go for

- Can I tolerate the plot line for that long.Once i get past all of that which cuts the drama's dramatically then i can watch it and tolerate it.  The general & I was one that i liked the last 12 odd episodes off.  Now i am currently watching God of War - Zhou Yun.

@LyraYoo

Battle of Changsha - on my list havent seen yet thou.

Love me if you dare - have seen and liked that one

When a snail falls in love - suprisingly liked that drama as well.

The disguiser - not seen this or heard of it.

Nirvana in fire - seen the trailer of this but was unsure despite it being recommended on a few lists - might have to recheck.

@USAFarmgirl

Love 020 - seen this one a few times now, the female lead is annoying but the guys are funny as with a gay subtext faintly in their as well which makes it all in all a good one.

Boss & Me - Same as love 020 as i have seen this a few times the female lead i come to like but she is really annoying to start with thou.

My Sunshine - omg what can i not say about this drama, was beautiful from start to finish and remains one that touches my soul, especially their sorting the relationship together, thats what i like about drama's

My Mr Mermaid - tolerated that the first time though could not watch again thou.

Novaland the castle in the sky, not watched all the way through, was unsure about that fantasy one abit, but might give another try.

A love so beautiful - if this is the one that takes him so long to realise how he feels i wanted the throttle my tv set after watching it.....LOL

Where the Lost Ones go - i watch snippets of this last night and omg the storyline in part was touching, this one i might go back to and watch as a whole.

The eternal love had a strange ending to that so wasnt sure about the drama

Peach Blossoms went on a bit long will have to be in the right mood to sit down with that one and i think the females confused me up at the begining who was who and who was good and bad, so got a bit lost what the female lead was doin......lol

@triplem @USAFarmgirl @angelangie

Okay found these three period drama's all look rather okay or funny not sure, struggling to find with english subtitles but thought i would throw them out to ya incase you know of any other sites I dont.  Or know if they are half decent to watch.

- Oh My General

- Colourful Bone

- Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Clouds of Han

2 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Okay found these three period drama's all look rather okay or funny not sure, struggling to find with english subtitles but thought i would throw them out to ya incase you know of any other sites I dont.  Or know if they are half decent to watch.

- Oh My General

- Colourful Bone

Unfortunately I have not heard of any of them. 

58 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

- Oh My General

- Colourful Bone

Oh my General...  I started to watch this but at the time subbing was slow and I found it a bit to goofy for me at least at first and since I only saw a few episodes can't really rate it:( sorry.

Colourful Bone... Haven't seen this one but it's on my list to watch I have heard it's good.

Xuan Yuan Sword  The Clouds of Han... Haven't heard anything about this one.

Let us know what you thought and give us a review after you get done with the one you picked...  :blush:

I wandered in here wondering what was going on... LOL... 

@fragglerock

One wuxia C drama that hasn't been mentioned that I rate only slightly below the two Nirvana in Fire dramas is Vigilantes in Masks. (or Guai Xia Yi Zhi Mei) It's similar to Ijimae in terms of the Robin Hood angle but better. And it borrows from the US tv show Leverage. You'll understand what I mean when you watch it. It stars Wallace Huo and Liu Shi Shi. The romance is very subtle compared to other shows but it does feature a strong couple.

You can find it in the usual places... and the subs are second to none.

• Thanks 1

@40somethingahjumma So the chinese fantasy genre is alledd Wuxia?  thank you at least i now know so i can look it up easier.  Most of them have tragic endings which i dont like but hey will keep looking, that or no english subtitles to them......pfft...  People start translating but either its a long series that and time consuming to translate that they stop.

@triplem @angelangie @USAFarmgirl

Okay a couple of sports suggestions I found were;

Dr Champ - Striving for the Olympics martial art drama.

Attack It:  Lightning  - Lighthearted fencing drama

@fragglerock Chinese fantasy series are called xianxia. Stuff like Peach Blossom, Xuan Yuan Sword. Other worldly happenings with magical stuff. Monsters, enchantresses and demons... that sort of thing. Not really my genre of choice. :wink: 

Wuxia is usually more grounded in happenings within the martial arts world contextualized in key historical periods. Often it features a youngish protagonist who is or becomes an outstanding pugilist after undertaking an extended journey of self-discovery. Furious competition between various schools of martial arts can also be the backdrop for such stories. These days it's becoming more common to see stories that have overlaps between the happenings in jiang hu (the martial arts community) and chao ting (the royal court).

Not all wuxia stories end tragically. It depends largely on the author. :wink:

• Thanks 1

@triplem It's not necessary but it helps. They are linked only peripherally. The second one is set about 50 years after the events of the first one so 99% of the characters are new.

If you're planning to watch them, you're in a for a treat. Both are great in different respects. Approach and style vary.

Best C drama franchise ever... in my opinion.