[Drama 2024] My Happy Ending, 나의 해피엔드

larus

4 hours ago, maribella said:

What’s a (cutter) ? @UnniSarah 

She was into self-harm/ self mutilation. Someone who harms themselves @maribella when you have a patient who does that, is is due to patient getting triggered. Remember 

Spoiler

Jae Won almost cut her finger off while she was working on her furniture, then in the cafe( definitely cut herself with broken glass. 

Patient who tend to do it sometimes they go so far that they end up killing themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 3

Finally, I finished watching episode 3 and 4. And what the... :sweatingbullets:

Heo Soon Young's twin passed away a year ago?? :scream: Then how come Heo Soon Young be at two places at the same time? Then I feel like there's something in between him and Yoon JIn at the cocktail party? I mean their gazes at each other hinted something!

Then the most important question. Whose daughter is Ah Rin? Oh my god.. I think I can't think anymore to write anything! Waiting for new episodes this week!

• Blob 5

18 hours ago, maribella said:

But I think the writer is trying too hard by making all four to be on her suspects’ list in 1-2 episodes. 

Wait until you watch ep 3 and 4. :D

17 hours ago, bibianni19 said:

I was reminded of another drama Children of Nobody - red herrings everywhere! Different writers though, hehe.

Chingu, Children of Nobody is a masterpiece! :love: One of my favorites! @joccu and @Sleepy Owl also love it! If anyone is ever up for a rewatch, let me know! Would love to arrange one.

:cutekitty:

17 hours ago, bibianni19 said:

Maybe the hubby killed by evil twin when he visited him at the care home, then evil twin became "hubby" and helped with his own funeral. Evil twin died 1 year ago, so after that he could have seduced BFF. Evil twin then somehow instigated FIL to rent the house to BFF but to keep it from Jae Won? Just wondering how evil twin can simply take over hubby's profile as a Professor when all along he was in dire straits and alone?

So this is likely theory, but I have a feeling that the twin is not dead. There is no proof that he died and there are a lot of plot holes. Nah, I think he might still be very much alive and playing the game...

16 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@partyon  Thanks for the poll. 

You're welcome chingu :kiss_wink:

The director filmed this particular scene very chaotic.

I don't know if you noticed, but the story and scenes keep changing. She sees one thing, someone else says something else that contradicts what she's seeing. I think this might have to do with the pills she's taking and that we can't trust everything she sees. They might be hallucinations.

I agree BFF is the mastermind. Lets speculate why

It is all for jealousy. She wants what the girl has. 

I think BFF has some beef with the FL. Her dad even prefers the FL and puts his own daughter down every chance he gets. It would make any daughter resentful...

15 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

and please, more Son Ho Joon please. I am so done with him being one of the lead but being sidelined real bad. 

I so agree with this!

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

He is a great actor and he is mainly playing a support role. I hope they start showing his side of the story soon.

10 hours ago, maribella said:

The SFL said to the cheating husband that they would have had a child if she had met him earlier 7 years before.  It could mean earlier than JW marrying him or another event altogether. 

I don't know if you've guys noticed, but a lot of the events refer to 7 years ago...

• The 2nd ML came to Korea for the first time 7 years ago (I believe this is when he searched and probably found his birth family)
  • FL gets a text with a pic and the ominous message "remember this event from 7 years ago?"
  • Twin disappears after 2015 from his neighborhood - that's roughly 7 years ago
  • etc.

Do we btw know yet when the FL's mom died? I am suspecting it's going to be between 4 and 7 years ago.

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Then the most important question. Whose daughter is Ah Rin? Oh my god.. I think I can't think anymore to write anything! Waiting for new episodes this week!

You raise an interesting question, because BFF drew a picture of Ah Rin and said she was the BFF's daughter. Cut next to a scene where the BFF is having a miscarriage. Is she also losing it and trying to take over the FL's life?

• Love 2
  • Insightful 2

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

I don't know if you noticed, but the story and scenes keep changing. She sees one thing, someone else says something else that contradicts what she's seeing. I think this might have to do with the pills she's taking and that we can't trust everything she sees. They might be hallucinations.

Exactly Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN  @partyon

That is why I said Jae Won perception is not fact. 
Theory 

- Jae Won’s medication was switched ( when switching someone medication it can affect them badly) 

- Maybe they need to change the dosage

- I am scared her psychiatrist might be in on it ? Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

SY was watching the psychiatrist on TV discussing Bipolar Disorder, when JW came home he turned it off . :surprisedwut:

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

- Jae Won’s medication was switched ( when switching someone medication it can affect them badly) 

Agree with this! Remember that they showed the imprint "RIT" on her pill in ep 4? Watch it be switched out to something else in a later episode.... I also don't trust the psychiatrist.

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

SY was watching the psychiatrist on TV discussing Bipolar Disorder, when JW came home he turned it off

I also noticed this, and it's going to be interesting to see what this means. Here are some of my thoughts, chingu:

• Bipolarity is often hereditary. We don't know for sure yet, but it seems that mom might have been bipolar as well with all the suicide attempts and the gambling addiction
  • If FL Jae Won is really bipolar, it can't be easy for the husband Soon Young. Medications can help, but it's not uncommon that the patient still might experience some highs and lows or have major depressive disorder when a medication stops working. It's not just the patient that is suffering, it will place strain on the patient's family too.
    She is also using her work to try to flee her anxiety, making her a workaholic. Soon Young has had to take a lot of responsibility at home, and it wouldn't make it unlikely for him to feel resentful for it.
    IF he is indeed cheating, it would be a means to seek his way out of the marriage.
  • I don't know why, but I have a feeling that there is a possibility Jae Won isn't suffering from bipolarity but from high levels of anxiety after her mom's suicide / murder attempt when Jae Won was a child. Probably PTSD too. We're seeing flashbacks and anxiety return when she stops taking the pills.
    Is it possible that she is being overmedicated or being treated on purpose for something she isn't suffering from?
  • Let me guess that she started taking these pills 7 years ago... :D

EDIT: It just struck me....

The text "RIT" on the pill she was taking could of course mean anything (imprints on medicines may be quite random sometimes), but my first thought was "Ritalin".

Ritalin is a drug that is used to treat ADHD.

Q1: What happens if a bipolar person takes an ADHD medicine in an uncontrolled manner (that is, the person isn't taking a mood stabilizer)?

A1: It can trigger a manic episode in a bipolar person (that is my understanding)

Q2: What are the symptoms of a manic episode?

A2: Hyperactivity, insomnia, jumpiness, racing thoughts, poor decision making, etc. 
But some people also experience hallucinations and delusions....

I think the psychiatrist is medicating her on purpose with the wrong drug or someone switched out the drugs.

EDIT 2: Which means that someone wants her to have hallucinations.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Omigoodness!! 
Please don’t make the 15 episodes as one big lie in the mind of (may I use a bad word) a sicko? 

I can’t remember what the name of the movie was, but I think it was a rerun of some movie. So it was a very old one, Hollywood was experimenting with something more ‘substantial ‘ at the time.

We saw the same thing, a woman being chased but it was all in her mind. She was actually in an asylum being treated. At the end, the man she trusted in was her psychiatrist, she never had a family :pensive:.  The finale had the doctor pompously declaring her fully recovered and she slowly hobbled out alone, looking dejected. Who knows how long she would last? It was among the most unpleasant movies I had watched.

Well I hope the kdrama producers like their viewers and maybe just put bits and pieces of psychiatric stuff into it.

5 hours ago, partyon said:

You raise an interesting question, because BFF drew a picture of Ah Rin and said she was the BFF's daughter. Cut next to a scene where the BFF is having a miscarriage. Is she also losing it and trying to take over the FL's life?

It’s the bestie who has mental problems, caused by an overbearing father? 

We might get a twist that JW is the man’s daughter too or the real daughter while she was adopted. 

Ah Rin may not be her daughter. That’s why she’s a hands off mother and the husband is the ‘nanny’. She may be his daughter .

So many possibilities :smile:

4 hours ago, partyon said:

don't know why, but I have a feeling that there is a possibility Jae Won isn't suffering from bipolarity but from high levels of anxiety after her mom's suicide / murder attempt when Jae Won was a child. Probably PTSD too. We're seeing flashbacks and anxiety return when she stops taking the pills.
Is it possible that she is being overmedicated or being treated on purpose for something she isn't suffering from?

I like this much better and it’d better come out soon!

so I can watch some butt-kicking FL instead of someone who watches in suspicion and runs on stiletto heels to a deserted area in the middle of the night.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

I just wonder if maybe she has paranoia disorder or some kind of mental disorder and all these are just her hallucinations. 

It would make for a pretty disappointing ending though. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

TV Chosun's My Happy Ending dropped to its lowest rating of 2.28%. But, despite the fall, it still maintains the streak of 2% domestic viewership. 

d0Y1ze_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Happy End?

Episode 5 of My Happy End will air on January 13 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki in select regions.

https://mydramalist.com/article/death-s-game-reigns-over-prime-video-welcome-to-samdalri-achieves-its-best-ever-ratings

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

52 minutes ago, larus said:

TV Chosun's My Happy Ending dropped to its lowest rating of 2.28%. But, despite the fall, it still maintains the streak of 2% domestic viewership. 

When and where to watch the K-drama My Happy End?

Episode 5 of My Happy End will air on January 13 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki in select regions.

https://mydramalist.com/article/death-s-game-reigns-over-prime-video-welcome-to-samdalri-achieves-its-best-ever-ratings

Not surprising, I found it depressing and confusing instead of intriguing and suspenseful. 

Taking a break, coming back to check this place later.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

On 1/9/2024 at 8:22 AM, maribella said:

Not surprising, I found it depressing and confusing instead of intriguing and suspenseful. 

Taking a break, coming back to check this place later.

looks like the characters were psychologically damaged as children and still living their lives more damaged as adults. Daddy dearest Kwon played mind games with the girls as children favored and praised one and criticized and disapproved of the other so both seemed to be friends but were competitors for attention of "daddy" and as grown ups they found the same kind of man who re played the same scenario of competing for his "attention".

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

“Knight Flower” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Welcome To Samdalri” Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

“Knight Flower” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Welcome To Samdalri” Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

TV Chosun’s new drama “My Happy Ending” rose to an average nationwide rating of 2.5 percent for its fifth episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637125wpp/knight-flower-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-welcome-to-samdalri-earns-its-highest-saturday-ratings-yet

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (January 13, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

My Happy Ending: This drama is so fun! The twists are still out of this world, with a new reveal (or ten) every episode that seems to get us further along towards the truth, but really just makes things even more muddy. Jang Nara is so fun here as our detached and chaotic heroine — indeed, the chaos of this drama is its charm!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-january-13-2024/

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

Jang Nara Lets Out Her Pent-Up Anger On Son Ho Jun Following His Betrayal In “My Happy Ending”

Jang Nara Lets Out Her Pent-Up Anger On Son Ho Jun Following His Betrayal In “My Happy Ending”

Jan 14, 2024
by S. Nam

TV Chosun’s “My Happy Ending” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“My Happy Ending” is a psychological thriller about a woman who faces a shocking truth after being betrayed by those she trusted. Jang Nara stars as the fiercely ambitious Seo Jae Won, a self-made furniture company CEO and influencer who has been passionately chasing success after enduring an unfortunate childhood.

Spoilers

Previously, Seo Jae Won began her revenge plan against her husband Heo Soon Young (Son Ho Jun), who was cheating on her with her close friend Kwon Yoon Jin (So Yi Hyun). Although Seo Jae Won fell into shock after discovering a video capturing Heo Soon Young and Kwon Yoon Jin’s affair, she held back her anger in order to be a good parent for Heo Ah Rin (Choi So Yul). However, when Kwon Yoon Jin visited Heo Ah Rin’s preschool, Seo Jae Won retaliated by reporting Heo Soon Young to the police for leaking a design and destroying Kwon Yoon Jin’s artwork.

The newly released stills capture the sharp and tense confrontation between Seo Jae Won and Heo Soon Young. Seo Jae Won returns home to find Heo Soon Young waiting for her, and during their confrontation, Seo Jae Won will let out her pent-up anger. Watching Seo Jae Won with an expressionless look at first, Heo Soon Young will suddenly smirk as his gaze turns cold.

jang-nara-son-ho-jun-.jpg

Previously, when Seo Jae Won told Heo Soon Young to tell her everything he had been hiding from her, Heo Soon Young confessed that he loved another person, acknowledging his infidelity and conceding to a divorce like a completely different person than he was before, raising questions for how their confrontation will unfold.

During the filming for this scene, the two actors immersed themselves into their roles, getting serious to portray the difficult moment. The production team shared, “Jang Nara and Son Ho Jun sincerely expressed [their characters’] tumultuous whirlwind of emotions in the face of disaster with their acting, perfecting the scene. Please tune in to see for yourself today’s broadcast of episode 6, in which an unimaginable twist will be awaiting.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637171wpp/jang-nara-lets-out-her-pent-up-anger-on-son-ho-jun-following-his-betrayal-in-my-happy-ending

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, fieza1871 said:

Why do I feel like the husband is not too much into the mistress...

He's not. Even in the early episodes we saw that he wasn't in love with her. I think he's only with mistress to hurt Jae Won.

End of ep 6 hinted at why Soon Young feels so betrayed by his wife. It's the ultimate betrayal if he's really not the father of Ah Rin.... That would explain why he's on a revenge path.

But it all boils down to 7 years ago. What happened on that day? We keep coming back to it in every episode.

And who is the father of Ah Rin? Better yet, is Ah Rin even Jae Won's? Or did someone mess with the DNA results?

Everyone is looking suspicious at the moment.... Even Yoon Te Oh is back on my list of suspects. :D

On a side note: It looks quite unlikely that our Go Back Couple are going to get a happy end, and I am feeling so sad. They destroyed our Go Back Couple.

Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

Also, give Son Ho Jun more scenes! I don't appreciate the fact that he is in a supporting role. :rage:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Week 3 poll

Ya! Me after finishing ep 6! :scream:

Animated GIF

Who's the real father of Ah Rin?

Grace And Mamrie GIF by This Might Get

Today's poll questions were designed by me. If you have poll question ideas, feel free to reach out to me. :kiss_wink:

tagging: @lila21 @gm4queen @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @bibianni19 @rocher22 @Gaia2u @minglanfan2 @fieza1871 @UnniSarah @maribella @kilaalaa @agenth

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, partyon said:

Who's the real father of Ah Rin?

It would not be surprising if it’s YJ’s father. They’ve known each other a long time. Maybe the father uses the foundation for other activities as well. He’s not married and has a 30 something daughter. Gross.

She had 4 people in the first ep. who could have backstabbed her. Now we can add in one more, YJ’s father Chairman Kwon. 

I have a suspicion that we have a baddie for an FL. She hurt many people, got into an accident then had amnesia. The other episodes are just the injured parties taking revenge.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 6! :).

“Live Your Own Life” Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + “Welcome To Samdalri” Breaks Into Double Digits

“Live Your Own Life” Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + “Welcome To Samdalri” Breaks Into Double Digits

Finally, TV Chosun’s new drama “My Happy Ending” climbed to a new all-time high of 2.621 percent for its sixth episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637289wpp/live-your-own-life-ratings-soar-past-20-percent-welcome-to-samdalri-breaks-into-double-digits

• Like 1

Week 3 afterthoughts:

Spoiler

1. A pity there is no evil twin in revenge mode? But, yet to resolve why Baek Seung Kyu has call records of both Heo Chi Young and Heo Soon Young in his phone and there is also some online account belonging to Chi Young? Who is faking as the "evil twin"? Did Soon Young leave the stepdad's house info for Jae Won to see coz he wants her to find out about the affair? Why did he ignore their neighbour though? 

2. What did BFF say to A Rin to make her cry? Maybe she told A Rin she is her real mother? Maybe Jae Won lost her baby and BFF gave birth on the same day in same hospital, and Chairman Kwon passed off BFF baby as Jae Won's and told BFF she lost her baby. Now BFF found out and hence trying to snatch A Rin back.

3. I hope Stepdad is really genuine. His crying for Jae Won looked really sad and real..

So he propsed the name change to help Jae Won leave the past behind. But Jae Won keeping the illness a secret, even from Soon Young...ermmm, not the best move.

4. The investigator gets on my nerves. Everything resorts to violence. Seemed he also working for Chairman Kwon? Did Baek work for Chairman Kwon? Or BFF?

5. I think maybe Soon Young was lured into BFF revenge scheme, he was hurt after finding out A Rin is not his. If my theory for Pt 2 is right, he could have thought Jae Won had an affair first...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2