[Drama 2024] My Happy Ending, 나의 해피엔드

larus

13 hours ago, lounahong said:

This drama makes my heart beat wildly!!

In a good or a bad way? I just notice that I am always feeling confused :grimace:

9 hours ago, maribella said:

have a suspicion that we have a baddie for an FL. She hurt many people, got into an accident then had amnesia. The other episodes are just the injured parties taking revenge

I agree with this! I hope that it dawns on her what she’s done - probably while being out of it due to her pills. Hopefully that will trigger her to seek help and work on her issues.

She has been medicating herself for 20 years instead of actually dealing with her traumas. I hope this will be a wake up call for her.

6 hours ago, bibianni19 said:

1. A pity there is no evil twin in revenge mode? But, yet to resolve why Baek Seung Kyu has call records of both Heo Chi Young and Heo Soon Young in his phone and there is also some online account belonging to Chi Young? Who is faking as the "evil twin"?

Maybe we are naive, but @Sleepy Owl and I discussed this today and neither of us are convinced that there isn’t a twin involved. There is more to this story.

2. What did BFF say to A Rin to make her cry? Maybe she told A Rin she is her real mother? Maybe Jae Won lost her baby and BFF gave birth on the same day in same hospital, and Chairman Kwon passed off BFF baby as Jae Won's and told BFF she lost her baby. Now BFF found out and hence trying to snatch A Rin back.

Good questions, chingu!

:approves:
I am also equally confused as you. Again, discussing with @Sleepy Owl neither of us think Ah Rin is BFF’s daughter. We saw Soon Young and Jae Won at the hospital, and we saw BFF having a miscarriage. 
I think BFF is losing it and acting all kind of psycho.

So he propsed the name change to help Jae Won leave the past behind. But Jae Won keeping the illness a secret, even from Soon Young...ermmm, not the best move

This I think is the biggest red flag. Soon Young and Jae Won were together for 20 years and she kept something as substantial as this from her husband? Nah, their relationship was not as good and stable as we thought….

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Finally finished watching episode 5 and 6. What a plot twist?? WOW!! Didn't see this one coming! So many confusions in my mind that I want some answers to. :sweatingbullets:

1. So Jae Won's birth name was Seo Yoon Jin? Yoon Jin?? Then Te Oh knows that Seo Jae Won is Seo Yoon Jin?? May be he had a childhood crush on her, as of the voice over of kids.. I believe that Te Oh is being honest with Jae Won, helping her out in every situation.

2. Is it just my imagination or how come Kwon Yoon Jin had the exact same outfit as Seo Jae Won that even Ah Rin couldn't tell them apart? :o

3. Who's Jae Won's stalker really? She/ he knows all about Jae Won's medicine.. That gave me creeps. :sweatingbullets:

4. A dna test out of the blue?? I guess @partyon unnie is right about Ah Rin's father... Jae Won seems to be truly frightened. The helpless look on her face in the preview.. :(

The series sounds too dangerous. But I love the suspense in every episode. Jan Nara's facial expressions are outstanding! Can't wait for the next episodes!

Hope the writer would go by the title of the drama!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The CCTV of the guy who supposedly "jumped", who was the guy coming out of the building and there is a woman in a white jacket with long black hair among the bystanders looking over the EMS crew looks like could be Yoon Jin? She is unhinged too and seems daddy knows it.

6 hours ago, partyon said:
15 hours ago, maribella said:

have a suspicion that we have a baddie for an FL. She hurt many people, got into an accident then had amnesia. The other episodes are just the injured parties taking revenge

I agree with this! I hope that it dawns on her what she’s done - probably while being out of it due to her pills. Hopefully that will trigger her to seek help and work on her issues.

She has been medicating herself for 20 years instead of actually dealing with her traumas. I hope this will be a wake up call for her.

yep, under the influence of pills, those pills can do number on her.... change the chemicals in the brain, lots of side effects including change someone's personality

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, lila21 said:

The CCTV of the guy who supposedly "jumped", who was the guy coming out of the building and there is a woman in a white jacket with long black hair among the bystanders looking over the EMS crew looks like could be Yoon Jin? She is unhinged too and seems daddy knows it.

Yes, @Sleepy Owl pointed the same out today when I was chatting with him. We're also guessing it could be Yoon Jin.

@UnniSarah chingu, what are your thoughts regarding the latest episodes?

• Like 4

@partyon I will be honest. I came for Go Go back couple but seeing how intense and dark it is, I am not sure if Go Back couple will get back together or be friendly. 

Assumption

Soon Young love his little girl and his wife. He isn’t even interested with the mistress. His whole body language is cold. 

Drève employee who is in the hospital, makes me believe that someone wants Ji Won to die!! Who could that be?

Dreve Employee wanted to wake Soon Young about something 

Was episode episode 6 good?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

The elevator scene...

I liked JW teasing Teo, but it was a little weird that he was confused like a teenager. :unsure:

Anyway, he looked so handsome in that light blue shirt (the repair shop).

Im curious why the husband had an affair with YJ. That was stupid.

bts

GD29O3_aMAA3y5A?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@partyon I will be honest. I came for Go Go back couple but seeing how intense and dark it is, I am not sure if Go Back couple will get back together or be friendly. 

I know. They destroyed our Go Back Couple.... :brokenheart:

d5617cc5a8.jpg?x=b&a=0x0

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Im curious why the husband had an affair with YJ. That was stupid.

I think it was to hurt Jae Won. Soon Young said he wanted Jae Won to feel the ultimate betrayal as much as he had. Apparently he found out he is not the father of Ah Rin.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I think it was to hurt Jae Won. Soon Young said he wanted Jae Won to feel the ultimate betrayal as much as he had. Apparently he found out he is not the father of Ah Rin.

What if ??? If??? 
Soo Young is Ah Rin’s biological father and mistress made it all up because she lost her baby.
What if?? Mistress is going through a break down, since she lost her child. 

What if Mistresss has feeling for SML is also jealous of SML’s feeling for Ji Won??!

what do you think @partyon

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

@UnniSarah chingu, you are having the same thoughts as I have. I think someone tampered with the DNA results, and I am totally suspecting mistress at the moment (she seems to be a bit of a psycho tbh)

If (and I mean IF) Soon Young isn't Ah Rin's dad, then I think it is the twin.

But this drama plot is so convoluted, that I cannot trust the writers here. :D

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon I am glad I am not the only who suspects the mistress is unhinged. Not only is she psychotic, she is also very entitled to expect Ji Won to remain as her friends. 

Like for example, the mural she painted as of Ji Won, not her. She envisioned Ji Won as a person living in her own world. lol 

I can never understand why Mistress expects the wife of their partner to have a relationship with them. Become best of friends and still live in lala land.  Or friends have affair with their friends/ BFF husband and expect their relationship to stay the same. How can this happen when they have been betrayed. 

Mistress is very jealous of Jae Won. Her father think highly of Jae Won. The world respects Jae Won, Jae Won is famous and has a wonderful family who truly loved her. 

Soon Young - is still in love with Jae Won. He thought he stopped loving. But he realizes he still loves her. 

Maybe I read the scene wrong . Just rewatched it . What do you think? @partyon

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7tl5hfh4pmb5xbujb8z

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7lbv4nuboph3qm8bdn2

Isn’t this the scene where he realizes he still loves her ??

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Soon Young - is still in love with Jae Won. He thought he stopped loving. But he realizes he still loves her. 

I am 100% sure he still loves her. I think he just feels extremely betrayed and has tried to freeze his feelings for her. He for sure doesn't have feelings for the mistress - that much is clear.

In essence, I don't think Jae Won is an unproblematic nor a very sympathetic character. She has chosen to ignore her mental issues and medicate herself instead. She's been trying to run away from her problems by being a workaholic, leaving her husband to deal with their home and child. Emotionally she's been very detached from her family and life at home. It's a lot to bear for a partner, and even just that could have been a trigger for him to want to get out of the marriage.

The fact that she didn't even disclose to her husband that she is bipolar means that she has never gotten truly close to him and never fully trusted him. A wall has remained between them, and I don't think that their marriage has been that good tbh. He probably felt it too subconsciously.

Despite that, I think that he loved (and probably still loves) Jae Won, but due to their home life and later learning about the betrayal, it has made him bitter. If he thinks that he's not Ah Rin's dad and he believes that she cheated on him 7 years, it must feel like the ultimate betrayal.

Am also wondering if he found out that she was bipolar and had hid it from him? If you were together with someone for 20 YEARS, and you just found out they were hiding such a huge part of themselves from you, wouldn't you feel betrayed too?

Issue is that we've seen very little of their married life, so it's hard to say if they were a happy couple back in the day or not.

I think it's unlikely that our Go Back Couple will have a happy ending TOGETHER. :heartbreak:

(Had it been a Thai lakorn, they would likely end up together again in the end. In those dramas any crime can be committed and the spouses will anyway forgive each other and have a happy ending... :joy:)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

From the start Jae Won has trust issues. This was brought up with the psychiatrist. 
We have seen flashbacks scene of when Jae Won was younger, I think there rumors about her mental health. She didn’t have the faith in anyone to keep her secret because she was afraid. For him to know the hell she went through could have made him run away or stay. She will never know though. 

I don’t think she would have told mistress about her mental illness, if she had not scene the bloody sleeves. Mistress and Jae Won bonded because they were abused. 
Mistress abuse was for performance but Jae Won’s abuse was because her mom was suicidal and has mental illness. Their suffering was different and environment was vastly different. I believe Jae Won chose Soon Young because he was dependable and life was good until she had her daughter. I believe her daughter was her trigger, her fear and the force for her becoming a workaholic. After giving birth to her daughter, she was scared but when SY said he was here. He made it bearable and safe. With SY’s affair and betrayal he has brought all the issues between to the surface. I think SY made her world safe and happy. His presence and warmth was what she needed ( without her realizing she actually loved him). 

@partyon It is still a possibility because he did not try to kill his colleague. Don’t forget the stalker is in the hospital.  Who do you think is behind his attempted murder. 

Even SML doesn’t trust the Mistress and think she is the one who purposely came between SY and JW’s relationship. 

or maybe Mistress used SML as the the culprit JW had an affair with. Remember when SML went to speak to hubby, he became very upset with him for questioning him about his relationship with the stalker.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

It is still a possibility because he did not try to kill his colleague. Don’t forget the stalker is in the hospital.  Who do you think is behind his attempted murder. 

My guess is as good as yours at this point in time. The writer keeps doing plot twist after plot twist :D 

Since we are still early in the drama (10 episodes left), what are the chances that the drama will switch over to the husband's point of view? Son Ho Jun has been severely underutilized so far, and I think it would be a fun twist if the drama would switch over to his point of view soon.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Since we are still early in the drama (10 episodes left), what are the chances that the drama will switch over to the husband's point of view? 

that would be an interesting twist...  :approves:

For some reason I still think he is not a totally bad guy....:sweatingbullets:

First time watching this actor, I like his acting.

Im pretty sure SY and JW will end up together.

I like the smile...nice...

GD1CHklWoAAV5HK?format=jpg&name=360x360

:wub:

GDu8pwtWsAARx0N?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

For some reason I still think he is not a totally bad guy....:sweatingbullets:

First time watching this actor, I like his acting.

I really want him to not be a bad guy. And yes, Son Ho Jun is a great actor!

I can really recommend the drama Go Back Couple. Jang Nara and Son Ho Jun were amazing as a couple on the brink of a divorce.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Son Ho Jun And So Yi Hyun’s Relationship Takes A Sudden Turn In “My Happy Ending”

Jan 18, 2024

“My Happy Ending” has shared stills from its upcoming episode!

“My Happy Ending” is a psychological thriller about a woman who faces a shocking truth after being betrayed by those she trusted. Jang Nara stars as the fiercely ambitious Seo Jae Won, a self-made furniture company CEO and influencer who has been passionately chasing success after enduring an unfortunate childhood. Son Ho Jun plays Seo Jae Won’s husband Heo Soon Young, who is both a freelance designer and an industrial design professor.

Spoilers

In the last broadcast, Heo Soon Young became suspicious of Kwon Yoon Jin (So Yi Hyun) and questioned her about Baek Seung Gyu (Oh Hyun Joong) stalking Seo Jae Won. Heo Sun Young discovered a phone in Kwon Yoon Jin’s car, and upon finding the name Baek Seung Gyu in the phone call history, he asked Kwon Yoon Jin, “Do you know Baek Seung Gyu?” However, Kwon Yoon Jin dismissed the question, asking who Baek Seung Gyu is. Before walking away, a frustrated Heo Soon Young taunted that he would ask Kwon Yoon Jin’s father, Kwon Young Ik (Kim Myung Soo), since Baek Seung Gyu was a student of Yein Foundation’s scholarship.

The released stills depict Kwon Yoon Jin paying an unannounced visit to Professor Heo Soon Young’s office following their confrontation. While Heo Soon Young is deep in serious thought with his hands clasped together, Kwon Yoon Jin storms into his office carrying a shopping bag.my-happy-ending-1_ad00d3.jpg

my-happy-ending-3_6a4959-e1705571656943.

As Kwon Yoon Jin enters the room with a bright smile on her face, a startled Heo Soon Young becomes uncomfortable. The chilly atmosphere between a visibly irritated Heo Soon Young and the smiling Kwon Yoon Jin has viewers wondering what will happen to them now that their affection for each other has faded and whether the hidden truth will be revealed.my-happy-ending-2_2a1b2e.jpg

The production team of “My Happy Ending” stated, “As Heo Soon Young gradually discovers the truth about Kwon Yoon Jin, it will lead to an extreme confrontation,” adding, “Viewers who have become emotionally invested in Heo Soon Young will feel their hearts tremble as the hidden sides of Kwon Yoon Jin are gradually revealed. Please pay attention to Heo Soon Young and Kwon Yoon Jin, who are caught in the middle of a sudden storm.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637994wpp/son-ho-jun-and-so-yi-hyuns-relationship-takes-a-sudden-turn-in-my-happy-ending

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I started watching only coz of JNR. I was actually expecting a rom com so was surprised that it’s not. As in go back couple I actually shipped her character w the 2nd lead and this drama is no exception. It’s hard not to prefer the 2nd lead as so far u see him really protecting her and investigating to help her. Unless the scriptwriter gonna do one on us and makes him the stalker!! I hope not! 

As for SHJ role as the husband, he’s so vindictive to go to such measures and I don’t like that. I also dont like that she was ‘sexually assaulted’ while intoxicated and thus had ARin without any recollection. It’s a wonder the realisation didn’t make her even more miserable on top of realising her husband is upset that the kid is not his. She seems more concerned and apologetic towards him and not over the fact she was assaulted? Hmm

And it seems so strange that they throw in the twin anyone and then killed him off. Seems such a useless red herring. Is he really dead?! Her BFF was so nice to her during school days too so what made her so crazy now. Abit hard to swallow.  

Ha in spite of all these annoyances, I am enjoying the drama and wish it has a higher rating as it is pretty entertaining. I also wish it’s a happy ending - so please no snafu ending. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

“Live Your Own Life” Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + “Welcome To Samdalri” Breaks Into Double Digits

“Live Your Own Life” Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + “Welcome To Samdalri” Breaks Into Double Digits

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s new drama “My Happy Ending” maintained its personal best of 2.6 percent from its previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637289wpp/live-your-own-life-ratings-soar-past-20-percent-welcome-to-samdalri-breaks-into-double-digits

• Like 1