[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay, serious question ( really, I'm being serious this time )

Why do we often see in Kdrama's and Korean Movies, women in emotional distress strike themselves?  Unlike today's episode (face), its usually in the chest, on or above the heart.  Is there some mythology/folklore/tradition behind this?

Okay, moving on (seriousness optional)

I don't care how much BR wants revenge, when you find your mother in a KBS dungeon basement, disheveled, drugged, catatonic, YOU GET HER OUT - DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT JAPANESE ROWAN - have your boy TP watch for father leaving the house, coordinate with local authorities to come in the moment he leaves for work, rescue Mom, then arrest KBS for the host of goodies they already have on him. 

Leaving her Mom in that situation broke the disbelief meter, and thats saying something for a daily drama. 

That confuses me too. What if she is removed from the house and get treatment?  Get the police; More importantly, get bodyguards!!  How powerful can this skincare man that he can subvert SK's justice? 

Does she put her revenge above her mother's life? The woman is mentally abused.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay, serious question ( really, I'm being serious this time )

Why do we often see in Kdrama's and Korean Movies, women in emotional distress strike themselves?  Unlike today's episode (face), its usually in the chest, on or above the heart.  Is there some mythology/folklore/tradition behind this?

your question made me realize that this is not something we see in western movies/dramas. however, across asian dramas -- beating chest or above the heart or hitting their head with hand (facepalm repeatedly) is normal to see in dramatic situations. 

if I had to guess, my assumption is that it translates from a much more louder (compared to some other cultures) mourning rituals where people can beat their chest in grief, loudly sing a song of grief or really wail. so when in great anxiety or distress, some of that shows up in dramatic situations as well and not just at funerals.

not sure if that answers your question but interesting to think about since it never struck out as something different to me. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Ep. 77 was downright funny to me probably 'cause of the "makjang" factor! And actress playin' Ba Da, her shocked reaction at Tae Poong showin' up to save Ba Ram looked so amateurish LoL.

More comedy ensues when that Ma fella charged at Tae Poong but ended up gettin' thrown out like trash ahah.

Sheesh actor playin' San Deul look really creepy yikes~ he has dark circles too. Has he not been sleeping or slept too much during his coma ahah?!

The scene where Baek San threw his wife onto the bed, she quickly adjusted the hem of her skirt LMFAo! Also even with stress and the constant drinking, she has a dewy glowy complexion LoL.

Where is halmoni in this ep. LoL? And Ba Ram try to beat Baek San at his game - by playing dirty. And Yoon Hee is finally let out from captivity thanks to Ba Da and her mom as shown in next ep. preview. 

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

15.7 ?  That's why they are dragging the poor woman's captivity and Japanese rowan so long, Koreans are watching it.  

Omigoodness!! are they redeeming IS and BD? 

IS? Possibly. Especially with her finally hating KBS and standing against him completely. BD? Nah she’s too far deep into this mess. She tried to physically kill BR too.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

IS? Possibly. Especially with her finally hating KBS and standing against him completely. BD? Nah she’s too far deep into this mess. She tried to physically kill BR too.

The story is creeping. They are out of surprises except for SD-turned-bad part. 

I hope they don't turn KBD to some devoted woman. 

• LOL 4

OMG! this is dumb and dumber

So BD lies to KBS to save herself by claiming that she only tried to take the Japanese Rowan from BR to bring it to her father - when that lie fails SD suddenly chimes in and claims she simply fell into Ma Dae Geun's trap ...

... and KBS swallows it without question

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

• LOL 5

Oh my gosh Yoon Hee was finally rescued! And it was thanks to - San Deul? Ma fella got punched by Tae Poong yet again LoL!

That was satisfying how Baek San was in the psych ward ahah. Then in fit of rage he pushed both wife & Ba Da into the dungeon. Wished Ba Ram locked Baek San in at that moment aish LoL. That was a missed opportunity. Would have been a fun slumber party for all 3 LoL.

The looks on Tae Poong, Ba Ram at sight of pitiful Baek San at the end. Poor Yoon Hee looks like she has been so traumatized but still had the presence of mind to conceal the sim card from the webcam ha-ha.

San Deul looks wistful when he passed by Soon Young's restaurant. Think the drama is trying to redeem him and he obviously still sees Ba Ram with googly eyes. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Oh my gosh Yoon Hee was finally rescued! And it was thanks to - San Deul? Ma fella got punched by Tae Poong yet again LoL!

That was satisfying how Baek San was in the psych ward ahah. Then in fit of rage he pushed both wife & Ba Da into the dungeon. Wished Ba Ram locked Baek San in at that moment aish LoL. That was a missed opportunity. Would have been a fun slumber party for all 3 LoL.

But the lock of the door is in the inside of the room. How does this keep IS and BD inside? LOL

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2