[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

we may not have gotten much romance scenes but it is clear from how much baram grieves that it was a quiet but deep bond between monk and her. based on the tone the drama is going for, it is also obvious that there will be no romance between tae poong and her, it will be all fake. much of the drama is basically comedy but when it comes to the crimes, it takes itself seriously and shows it as a real tragedy. 

taepoong clearly says: how can I live after sandeul dying? how can I face baram?

there is too much ugly mess whether it is the past or the present. so much so that the two sides cannot possibly mend with just some atonement. taepoong's arc will be like the tragic prince in saeguks who dies because of the sins of his family. bada was rejected because she resembles papa kang in both action as well as looks. so much so that sandeul despised her. while taepoong does not share those emotional characterisitcs, unfortunately, he shares their blood. so at the most, he will end up walking away alone to US or somewhere abroad. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

excerpt from kbs.co.kr
SD

He reunites with Baram after a long time, and they promise each other that they will get married. But San-deul is attacked after finding evidence to prove that Baeksan is the one who killed Baram’s father. And after awaking from a long coma, the first thing that awaits him is the news of Seoyeon’s wedding to Taepoong.

Tae Poong

He realizes that Seoyeon has proposed to him not out of love, but for vengeance. However, he happily intends to be used by her. He would do anything for his love, even if it is only doom that awaits him.

Are they lying to us??

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, maribella said:

He reunites with Baram after a long time, and they promise each other that they will get married. But San-deul is attacked after finding evidence to prove that Baeksan is the one who killed Baram’s father. And after awaking from a long coma, the first thing that awaits him is the news of Seoyeon’s wedding to Taepoong.

That's the same to my post from KBSWORLD. Seems that it takes from KBS2

• 1665464241_%E1%84%8B%E1%85%B2%E1%86%AB%E1%84%89%E1%85%A1%E1%86%AB%E1%84%83%E1%85%B3%E1%86%AF_%E1%84%87%E1%85%A1%E1%86%A8%E1%84%8B%E1%85%B2%E1%86%AB%E1%84%8C%E1%85%A2.jpg

YOON SAN-DEUL / Cast. Park Yoon-Jae
    San-deul met Baram in middle school and fell in love with her right away. One day, his father is suddenly killed after looking into the death of his close friend (Baram’s father), and San-deul can’t forget the suspicious man he saw that day. He reunites with Baram after a long time, and they promise each other that they will get married. But San-deul is attacked after finding evidence to prove that Baeksan is the one who killed Baram’s father. And after awaking from a long coma, the first thing that awaits him is the news of Seoyeon’s wedding to Taepoong.
  •  

• Like 6

Ba Ram changed up her makeup and style as she's on a warpath to revenge. Look at how cowardly Ba Da is when Ba Ram raised San Deul's name plate ha-ha. 

I don't like how Ba Ram is taking out all her anger and putting it on Tae Poong... poor guy he deserves so much more... Looks like he'd be on the receiving end of Ba Ram's rage for who knows how long. 

Can Soon Young stop yelling to the rooftops Seo Yeon's name as Ba Ram LoL?? I mean that silly wife of Baek San's drop by at the restaurant often too.

Merry Christmas to everyone here on this thread. Have a warm and blessed holiday... Happy Holidays!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't like how Ba Ram is taking out all her anger and putting it on Tae Poong... poor guy he deserves so much more... Looks like he'd be on the receiving end of Ba Ram's rage for who knows how long. 

Merry Christmas to everyone here on this thread. Have a warm and blessed holiday... Happy Holidays!

Yeah I don't like that either it is not TP doing, I feel so bad for him she is taking it out on the wrong one.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

• Like 4

Here is what I think. I think the writer must of change something cause the summaries are off. Maybe the writer is trying to stop themselves from writing into a hole.

I think that SD is dead dead. He is isnt rising up any time soon. I mean if he was to be in coma and then come back BR’s vengeance loses it’s punch and wastes SD’s character.  Also TP was the only family that SD had he probably had to sign the death certificate and probably setup the funeral. So he had to see the body. Unless TP is lying SD is dead.

I hope that they don’t go full “Miss MonteCrisco” with BR. I want her to keep her humanity. I believe that she will love TP as time goes. He will be the only one to keep her from losing it. 
“Miss MonteCrisco “ the problem with her she couldn’t keep her emotions in check and her vengeance died to a fizzle or she went all super saiyan. There was no between. Also she was letting her stupid ex come between everything. That was annoying and made me frustrated with the show at times. I mean he made his bed he needed to fluff his pillow get a good book and lay in it because he is there for long term. 
I still believe that TP and BR have a chance. TP and BR need each other to heal.The writers might pull that TP is really not Dad Kang’s blood. Now that would truly hurt. I can’t wait till she marries TP she is going to bring help in a hand basket and I can’t wait. We should have refreshments. Hopefully it won’t disappoint.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I don't like that conversation between the doctor and TP about BR. Feels like it's foreshadowing that something terrible is going to happen to BaRam at the end of the season.  

7 hours ago, maribella said:

excerpt from kbs.co.kr
SD

Tae Poong

He realizes that Seoyeon has proposed to him not out of love, but for vengeance. However, he happily intends to be used by her. He would do anything for his love, even if it is only doom that awaits him.

Are they lying to us??

Things can change during pre-production and production phases of the drama. For example in Penthouse, I think it was originally Ju Dante was the one that pushed Shim Su-Ryeon's daughter off the balcony but instead it was Oh Yoon-He. They even showed that he did it from his flashback.  

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, youngae said:

Here is what I think. I think the writer must of change something cause the summaries are off. Maybe the writer is trying to stop themselves from writing into a hole.

Not showing SD's father's dead body or SD dead on his death bed is keeping options open. This is when they liked to pull the amnesia, the newly rich etc. 

From the writeup, it says TP is doomed. They have to kill off SD or TP. It looks like SD for now but I would write him off.

1 hour ago, youngae said:

Miss MonteCrisco “ the problem with her she couldn’t keep her emotions in check and her vengeance died to a fizzle or she went all super saiyan. There was no betwee

There are many coming back from the dead, rich and and powerful shows in kdrama. Using Monte Cristo name implies unforgiving vengeance. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I preferred her to finish off her revenge get caught and serve her prison time, released penitent and contrite. 

BR would not use hoodlums to catch KBS, I see her tsking the highroad because of TP.

• Like 7

Looking back at the early episodes, I think placing Ba-Ram in Kang Baek-San's family for the first 10 years was pretty much pointless other than having her meet Tae-Poong and San-Deul from her childhood.   

The Grandma could have left Ba-Ram with San-Deul's dad and would have had the same impact to the story now, and would of caused less plotholes.  

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Looking back at the early episodes, I think placing Ba-Ram in Kang Baek-San's family for the first 10 years was pretty much pointless other than having her meet Tae-Poong and San-Deul from her childhood.   

The Grandma could have left Ba-Ram with San-Deul's dad and would have had the same impact to the story now, and would of caused less plotholes.  

There are still many more episodes. There will be a kumbaya ending so they could use the flashbacks to create forgiveness for everyone except for KBS, even KBD. She has been the unappreciated child - her favourite excuse.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, maribella said:

There are still many more episodes. There will be a kumbaya ending so they could use the flashbacks to create forgiveness for everyone except for KBS, even KBD. She has been the unappreciated child - her favourite excuse.

There were moments that Nam In-Soon still care for Ba-Ram. Wonder what is going to happen ehen she finds out that Eun So-Yeon is Kang Ba-Ram.   

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

There were moments that Nam In-Soon still care for Ba-Ram. Wonder what is going to happen ehen she finds out that Eun So-Yeon is Kang Ba-Ram.   

By then, she could not avoid the fact that KBS is a multiple murderer. Her own position would be precarious. I can see her being very sorry and begging BR to forgive her.

• Like 7

Very good conversations going around! Just to join in, I think the comparison with Miss Montecristo is interesting because that one was with a very unstable FL but this time, we have a relatively steady FL. Both pretended to die and take on a new name to conduct their revenge but like a lot of you are saying, it’ll probably end very differently. I personally thought Miss M’s descent to madness was apt for the premise of the story and honestly, I don’t even know what a good ending for her would have looked like anyways. At least she didn’t pony out at the last second and she confirmed her decision even if people think it was “a bit too far” (but is it really? When thinking of what they did to her?).

For this one, I think BR will get her revenge against KBS and I don’t think anyone will complain haha. KBS is by far the most evil antagonist we’ve had in a while even considering this being a makjang!

11 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Ba Ram changed up her makeup and style as she's on a warpath to revenge. Look at how cowardly Ba Da is when Ba Ram raised San Deul's name plate ha-ha. 

Can Soon Young stop yelling to the rooftops Seo Yeon's name as Ba Ram LoL?? I mean that silly wife of Baek San's drop by at the restaurant often too.

Literally read my mind! Soon Young really needs to be more mindful especially after knowing that IS is around so often lately. Yeah BD is such a coward. She can’t even go near her she just angrily throws a tantrum but she fears SY. Also her face when SY was going in very gory detail of what she wants the killer of SD to go through was hilarious as well.

I think SY will only be mad at TP for a short time. The conversation with her friend she says she knows TP is completely innocent but he’s the son of her worst enemy after all. Also, it’s been what, like a day or two since SD’s death, let’s give her a few more days. SD’s actor seems to have been typecasted too. He can never be happy whether it’s because the FL just forever ignores him like in Red Shoes or just freaking dies like this one!

But yeah the pace is picking up very quickly and hell will be loose! That charisma from SY is just silencing. The actress really knows her makjang and I’m so happy we have her as the lead because the worst thing is a weak walkover lead like we normally get so this is good! I want to continue seeing her completely demolishing KBS and BD (though it looks like BD is the pushover here lol).

• Like 6