[Drama 2022] Eve • 이브

Maetawinz

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

9) HSR's body was found.  She landed in a Lunatic Asylum.  Just as @philosophie had wished for.   But KYG's body was never found.

I skipped a lot but not this part. SEP told her he died on the spot and they cremated him according to his will.

I watched bits and pieces to know the storyline. There were the corny bits but they can't give all the details. It is a good show.

I like the ending. The ex minister locked and left to die, in pain. Just like what he did to numerous others. SR wanted to forget the past in an asylum, but RE made sure she could not. That horrible murderer murdered by YK. I knew he was not going to live after strangling Kim. There is a possibility that SEP and LRE will get together. :sparklyeyes:
Lee is good, I didn't like him in a couple of others. He had played second lead and ML well though. SR was a nasty woman in another show but I have not seen KYK before, unless one considers the few seconds in AOS. 
I am leaving SYJ the last. She has a lean model body, but her face is dominated by the nose. I don't find her attactive at all. The straight black hair and washed out make up look - I was expecting the Ring to show up. Ok ok it's for the visual. 
I am out of here before I get chased out by Seo's fans.Korean Drama Smile GIF by The Swoon

Thank you for the recaps everyone, stay safe.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 16 (Last episode)! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Breaks Own Ratings Record As “Eve” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, “Eve” ended on a high note, with its series finale achieving the highest ratings of the drama’s entire run. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the romance-revenge drama starring Seo Ye Ji scored an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Breaks Own Ratings Record As “Eve” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 6

I liked that the bad guys got a painful ending similar to what they inflicted on their hapless victims.KYG uplifted LRL from her trauma with his life.Besides that the ending episodes didn't have anything interesting to offer.It was nice reading everyone's views about the show.Stay safe and take care y'all.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Kang continues to be one note in expression even in death ha-ha geezz. And did So Ra watch "The Joker" reruns or what ahahahah!??? Her hair still look amazing even at the sanitarium LMFAo. 

And I don't know why I kept watching this trainwreck tbh LoL. Maybe for the fashion faux pas? The laughs? Kang's constipated looks? It has been fun y'all. Until the next one adios~

tagging @confusedheart for these priceless descriptions! hahaha she found her twin flame who shares the same sentiments here!!

Laugh Laughing GIF by Jin

as for her hair, i need the same hair stylist.. my rebonded hair just needs that 1% magic like hers..

Taming Lauren Hashian GIF

@hush puppy i shall skip ep12-15 and just watch ep16.. i need to see the baddies get their karma to have a closure to my emotions over ep1-11..!!

thanks all chingus who have been contributing plots and thoughts here!! i shall especially remember the motorcycle chain every time i pass by the bulgari boutiques with the serpenti necklace

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

And I don't know why I kept watching this trainwreck tbh LoL. Maybe for the fashion faux pas? The laughs? Kang's constipated looks? It has been fun y'all. Until the next one adios~

Same here chingu. At first I think what made me stay was that when I first really wanted to drop it, I was past more than half way of the drama. Call it sunken cost fallacy, or refusal to admit I had already wasted so much time so far, I decided to keep going. Then it was curiosity. How will they tie everything up...but as you said it was a crapastic ending. First off, the summary needs to be changed. The divorce lawsuit barely had any screen time or effect on the ending. What frustrated me was they had all these sideplots that were never addressed-KYG never finding out about dr love affair, DB and BR never mentioned nor her father, DBs big sister only mentioned and never shown(so why was she in the story in the first place?!), the explanation why the Madam Jung that worked for KYG was killed or his ‘first love’ before the marriage(again, if these never matter in future eps, why did they get brought up in the first place?! That’s a plot hole writernim!), the incident 5 years ago-so that was LRLs mom that caused the rift in marriage? But weren’t they married a couple years before that? So how did it seem like from the news on tv to her suddenly at their place like no years passed in between-something else happened 5 years ago and they never went into it. HPRs dogs...they kept showing them but never once did they play a part in the revenge or climax or really anything to the plot.

attention if seeking revenge recommendations wit( a REAL femme fatal lead, watch:

-Tazza

-Flames of Desire

-Apgujeong midnight sun

-Saki (japanese)

-Fallen a leaf (thai)-lead very similiar to this one; does self harm and suicidal but driven by absolute revenge

anddd unfortunately that’s all I have and shows why I was initially excited for this show. It is so rare for a kdrama or really any shows in general universally to have a femme fatal lead. But this will not be on my rewatch list like the ones above are because it was too chaotic and nonsensical at times.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I'm just goin' "huh??" at your post @philosophie 'cause I kinda glossed over a LOT in this drama apparently as I had no recollection of another daughter LoL..!? Who knows? She is to make an appearance next season to avenge So Ra's death eh? LMFAo.

I was only familiar with the actors that played La El and Seo. The actor playin' Seo was an @$$ on "On The Verge of Insanity" and "Love Affairs in the Afternoon". Of course his variety show "The Sixth Sense" , "Running Man". He is actually very sweet off camera and normal ha-ha. Actress playin' La El is known mostly for her scandal. I guess she's just playin' herself here LoL. 

The award truly goes to Yoo Sun aka So Ra. I am not familiar with her work but gosh she annoy the heck out of me here and at the same time she went all in , full blown psychotic mode LoL. Bravo to Yoo Sun. I hope she receives all the accolades. 

Erm--I don't remember everything I watched LoL but I did enjoy "Secret Boutique" , "Secret Love" and "My Name" - these are the ones that were lasting in my memory. Am sure there're better revenge dramas out there.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I'm in love.  KYK made the ultimate sacrifice for love.  LRL found a beautiful memory to hold onto to help give herself peace.  All the baddies got their just dessert.  As for the lawyer he still wants LRL and she's still dreaming of KYK.

The Tragedy is that the lawyer missed out on what could have been the most real and true love of his life...his secretary!

Thank you all for your insights and sharing this ride from beginning to end.  Be safe and see you for the next drama.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1

OMG, the ending is beautiful, I mean the 2nd half of the drama after the chaos was all over. Listen to the conversations of SEP and RE's soliloquy at the end. The dance was beautiful but it was referring to the last question she asked of herself and of an imaginary KYG. She did not end up with anyone, She ended up being a wiser version of herself. Why the dance with KYG, because he was the one who opened her eyes to see behind what was obvious. I loved the drama, just because I let my expectations go with the flow of the storytelling despite the plot holes. Dramas that don't entertain me, I let go. I am a fan of Seo Ye ji since I watched her in Save Me, the movie Recalled a mystery thriller, Lawyer's Lawyer which was a fun action/revenge drama with comic relief splattered here and there and the drama It Is Okay Not to Be OKay. She is the main reason why I watched the drama.

She is excellent, the way she is able to change her expressions and her portrayal of Eve especially at the start of her revenge when no one knew who  she was, the way she played the seemingly unemotional CEO of LY, who was angry at first at a woman daring to approach him, his suspicions and his fears that someone will get hurt because of him and the threat of his illegitimacy being revealed if he is not the good boy therefore the loss of everything he worked hard for. What he did not know is that Ra El already knew when Da Bi let her enter his "secret room". The way Ra El played him, first the meet up at the club where he could not hold himself and his passion for her then threw her on the floor and told her to be like the dog that obeys it's master at the snap of his finger. What is Ra El's response?  At a company party, Ra El came dressed to kill with her fake husband and KYG could not take his eyes off her, and when he sees Ra El flirting with his brother, he is angry and pulls her to a secluded corner,  Ra El pushed him away and told him that she is no longer interested to be a "one night stand, that kind of treatment is not her preference and "if you want me you should crawl to me". The way she changed expressions in that short conversation, from smiling and laughing to derision yet she never raised her voice. She gave him a time for a date on his wife's birthday, that if he shows up at the meetup place, he will have her but if he does not show up, there will be no second chances. We all know who was in the big bathtub waiting for Ra El to join him on his wife's birth day.  Ra El was in control but then never expected to fall in love herself.

And after she told So Ra she was the other woman of Sora's husband there was a confrontation when Sora followed her as she was leaving the school, she was wearing the snake necklace, the way she sneered at So Ra while asking So Ra, if So Ra ever asked herself for the reasons of why things happened to her was like a serpent about to attack, then she smiled. So Ra was stumped as if she met a woman crazier than her.

I like the story of the drama. 2 lost souls who were enemies not by their design but by association to families who were foes, attracted to each other while one of them was planning revenge on the other. But despite their differences, suspicions, misgivings and blaming, they learn to let go as one asked for forgiveness and the other led by her feelings of love and longing, learned to forgive and love.

As for the ending, it is seems at first it was a cop out, "take your pick", ending.  SEP with RE the ending where SEP quit his job as COS, flew to Argentina presumably to meet RE, but he was not even sure if he will meet up with her over there and when his secretary and friend asked him if he would ever come back and if he was going to Argentina to ask the question he had always wanted to ask, he answers "who knows".

SEP told Ra El that while she was unconscious for 3 days, KYG died, his body was found and he was cremated and buried. Why then was the ending of Ra El and KYG dancing the tango in white? A future of the twin flames, that they may not end up together in one lifetime they will continue to find each other in their next lifetime and that maybe what the tango dancing implies? You have to listen to the question RE asked herself after she said goodbye to the audience where she was performing playing the bandoneum.

I always shipped KYG and RE but I could accept SEP as ending with RE in this lifetime, since KYG died. SEP is such a beautiful, sincere and good person. He took care of Ra El when she was unconscious for 3 days. Then took a grieving Ra El to the place where KYG crushed the car to lay flowers and grieve. SEP told Ra El, "life can be a tragedy filled with pain, but the beautiful moment when you overcome does come. The moment you overcome is so noble and splendid that you can't help but praise life. That moment will come to you as well and in that moment beautiful blessings will come down into your heart." I think Ra El understood.

Ra El then wrote a memo to the employees that LY group will create a non profit foundation to help the victims of corporate abuse. Then she went to the house where she and KYG once lived recalled all the memories of the times they spent there even with the children, and most of all KYG playing the Bandoneum. Then she takes a plane to Argentina and she reserved a seat next to her where the bandoneum and the book of tango that KYG once owned were on the seat. As she touched the book and the bandoneum next to her, she said "there are things you can see even if they are not visible, and some people live in ones heart even if they are passed away, Dad, Mom, teacher JMH and you as she touched the tango book that once belonged to KYG. In the tango book was a note which RE lovingly touched with her hand which says, "you said with tango, even a mistake becomes a dance. Then whatever we had, it was love, and it was beautiful as is. Even if I return to the beginning, knowing everything, I will still fall for you, fall in love all over again." Next scene shows Ra El playing the bandoneum at the tango place in Argentina." After she played she told the audience it was her last performance and that is why she played the song adios. As she left the stage to seat at an empty table as audience to a couple dancing the tango, she asks herself, what would have happened if we truly met coincidentally? And then she turns around and sees KYG sitting at the next table by himself and she nods smiling. The next scene was the dance, KYG in a white suit and RE in a white gown and them dancing the tango. During the dance there was a voice over of Ra El saying "there is more than one side to everything it is just that we can't see the beauty of what is on the other side,  if you can't do that, you can't face the truth in life."  So for me the ending is Ra El living at peace and happy, as she bravely faces and let go of her past. She is truly free.

As for the kids, Boram was taken by dad to the aunt. And Dabi who is an heiress but can't touch her inheritance until she comes of age, I think Grandpa Kang will care for her. He realized after KYG died how bad a father he was to this son. His eldest son, left grandpa Kang and grandma Kang died so if he gets custody of Da bi, they will be good pair for each other. I think to compensate for mistreating his son, KYG, grandpa Kang will treat Dabi with care and love.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:45 PM, chococarmela said:

What is up with k-dramas having crappy endings? Like why???

I mean, the villains died, but still!

I love the ending, after all the chaos. For me, after viewing the whole episode and the listening to the conversations, I thought it was a beautiful ending. The point is Ra El did not end up with anyone, she is free!! She accepted her past. What was the dancing at the end? it is the answer to the question, what if"?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lila21 said:

I love the ending, after all the chaos. For me, after viewing the whole episode and the listening to the conversations, I thought it was a beautiful ending. The point is Ra El did not end up with anyone, she is free!! She accepted her past. What was the dancing at the end? it is the answer to the question, what if"?

SEP  comes to Argentina, he loves Rael, i think after some time she will be with him, but yes i also loved the ending

• Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] Eve • 이브
On 7/21/2022 at 1:34 PM, philosophie said:

I keep hearing this but does anyone have a side by side of the filter vs unfiltered actors face? I think I have seen the filtered so much I can’t even notice or tell there’s a filter.

Re: Filter on the leads' face. I am so sorry, I wish I were tech savvy enough to show the side by side filter vs. unfiltered faces. Soompi's forum requires certain abilities that I struggle with, to share pix or screenshots... :tears: What i could add, about me being distracted by the overuse of filters on the lead actors' face (and mainly them), is that there is always this glow on their skin, and you never see the pores or other details but the mole on the FL. It gives an ethereal feel to them, almost a timeless feel, maybe to convey that the love the leads felt for each other defied time. This is just a thought... :sweatingbullets:

• Sad 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Byung Eun Shares Thoughts On Bed Scenes In “Eve,” Drama’s Ending, And More

Park Byung Eun talked about his passion and love for “Eve” in a recent interview!

“Eve” is about a chaebol’s 2 trillion won (approximately $1.7 billion) divorce lawsuit that shocks the entire nation. Park Byung Eun played Kang Yoon Kyum who chose his dangerous love for Lee Ra El (Seo Ye Ji) over everything else.

Spoilers

park-byung-eun-768x512.jpeg

Park Byung Eun kicked off the interview by saying, “I’ve been acting for 25 years, and ‘Eve’ is the most memorable work.” He recalled, “I lived with this project for 10 months. I’ve been continuously acting without a break, but it was my first time working on a drama for such a long time.” He added, “I fell asleep around 1 a.m. after watching the last episode on television, but I woke up at 3 a.m., and then I woke up again at 5 a.m., so I just decided to go to the gym and took a bath.” He said, “I usually move right on when a project is finished, but it was different this time.”

park-byung-eun3-768x1152.jpeg

When asked if he was fine with filming the erotic scenes from the very first episode, Park Byung Eun replied, “I was fully aware of the scenes from the script before I started to film, so there was no reason to be reluctant.” He continued, “There were bed scenes with actresses, and the PD (producing director) had drawn up the storyline for those scenes and gave detailed directions. If I had to improvise the bed scenes, it would have been very embarrassing and confusing, but it was nice to have a clear idea in advance. I am grateful for the PD’s thoughtfulness.”

Spoiler

park-byung-eun2-768x1152.jpeg

When asked about his thoughts on the drama’s ending, he remarked, “I am satisfied with the ending. I was curious how it would end because I didn’t know. When I asked the writer through the PD, she told me that she writes the script as she goes. I kept asking about it in the middle of the shooting, but she would say, ‘It’s not ready yet.’ Then one day, the PD told me, ‘It seems that you will die,’ so I thought, ‘Oh, I’m going to die. Then I will plan my acting towards this.’ (Laughs)” He added, “Personally I liked the ending where there were mixed feelings when Kang Yoon Kyum takes on all the blame.”

Spoiler

park-byung-eun4-768x1152.jpeg

Park Byung Eun expressed satisfaction with the modifiers that he obtained through “Eve.” He said, “People gave me a lot of modifiers such as ‘mature sexy’ and ‘sexy icon of middle-aged men.’ I’m just so grateful. These modifiers won’t last forever, and it might change when I meet another character, but after all I’m very grateful that someone out there adores me and is complimenting me.”

Park Byung Eun Shares Thoughts On Bed Scenes In “Eve,” Drama’s Ending, And More | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yoo Sun Talks About Portraying A Villain In “Eve,” Having To Constantly Scream During Filming, And More

Yoo Sun talked about her love for “Eve” in a recent interview!

“Eve” is a romance drama about a chaebol’s 2 trillion won (approximately $1.7 billion) divorce lawsuit that shocks the entire nation. Unbeknownst to the public, the high-stakes lawsuit is the result of a carefully calculated revenge scheme 13 years in the making.

Yoo Sun plays the role of Han So Ra, who must be the best. Han So Ra is the only daughter of powerful politician Han Pan Ro (Jeon Gook Hwan), and wife of Kang Yoon Gyum (Park Byung Eun). However, underneath her perfect and glamorous appearance, she is emotionally anxious and obsessed with her husband.

Yoo Sun kicked off the interview by saying, “It’s like I’m still lingering inside Han So Ra. I feel like it’s time to say goodbye to her now.”

Concerning the drama’s shocking ending, Han So Ra said, “I expected Han So Ra would be punished in some way.” She relayed her shock after seeing the script and added, “It was even better because it was an ending beyond my imagination. The emotions were complicated and difficult, but it was better for the viewers because it was a result that went against expectations.”

Yoo Sun candidly remarked, “I was very lonely playing Han So Ra. She has everything in the world, but she also has a submissive aspect of only wanting her husband’s love. The feeling of losing such a husband must have been very painful. She is someone who’s deeply hurt because she doesn’t even receive her father’s love, and she becomes driven into a corner without being acknowledged by anyone. Her sense of isolation from the situation affected me as well. I felt very lonely and pitiful.”

Yoo-Sun-1-3-1536x1027.jpg

Concerning how she tried to depict her character, Yoo Sun explained, “I don’t usually look for something to refer to when I play a role. I only try to find the answer in the script. I haven’t [played] a lot of villainous roles. I had to create another different kind of villain. Han So Ra’s personality was distinctive. She has an innocent side, and she also has pure and noble love for her husband. The deeper you delve [into her], the more pure evil she has. I tried to express that a little more.”

Han So Ra frightened the viewers with all kinds of evil deeds, but sometimes, she made them laugh with her unexpected aspects. Yoo Sun commented, “I wanted to show that she was lacking personality-wise and that she was an immature adult. I thought that Han So Ra was the only character who could make people laugh in this drama. There were many points that caused laughter in a really primitive way, like when she was crying over her husband’s infidelity and chasing after someone.” Then she added that she felt happy because some people felt a sense of closeness to Han So Ra who could make them laugh at moments like that.

Yoo-Sun-2-2-1536x1027.jpg

There were many scenes where Han So Ra would raise her voice, which Yoo Sun wasn’t completely used to do because she’s never portrayed that kind of character in her 20 years of acting. Laughing, she joked, “Some people said that my stress would be relieved during filming.”

Yoo Sun went on to say, “A really difficult part of playing this role was the screaming scenes. I’ve never had to scream like that in my daily life.”

She mentioned her true personality, saying, “I tend to hold back my anger a lot too. I’m the type to end up crying while getting angry. Looking back, I’ve never expressed my anger in such an immediate and vociferous way. It’s also my first time putting on such a performance.”

She explained that she wondered a lot about what kinds of screams Han So Ra would make and remarked, “At some point, I had an enlightenment. I really focused on the emotions of Han So Ra, who explodes without holding back her anger. I made a sound I’ve never heard before. Some people said that I sound like an ‘old man.’ It was a moment when I discovered something new about myself.”

Spoiler

Yoo-Sun-3-1-1536x1027.jpg

Yoo Sun Talks About Portraying A Villain In “Eve,” Having To Constantly Scream During Filming, And More | Soompi

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 6:49 PM, philosophie said:

Up to interpretation. Probably since they never found his body and that ‘dream’ sequence in the end made it seem like they reunited in the end.

Where did it say they never found his body?  If the last scene is not in the dream, why he is not wearing the ring?