[Drama 2022] Eve • 이브

Maetawinz

With just 2 ep. remaining I wonder how will all this madness end LoL?! More blood will be shed... more lives will be ruined...

Hell hath no fury indeed. La El is a woman on a rampage. Steamrolling whomever that get in her path. I don't feel bad nor have I ever felt pity for So Ra ever. NOT even once LoL despite the drama tryin' SO hard to make her seem .. redeemable(?) She is just an awful human being. 

I am mixed on Kang 'cause he seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. He wasn't exactly complicit but then again neither is he innocent of it all. 

Geez poor Seo who just keep running after La El while trying to be her voice of reason LoL. Someone please save Seo~ he hasn't even made full recovery from the attack LoL. 

So Ra's father with his minion Kim ugh disgusting animals. I don't think they even qualify to be called human! That was satisfying that Kim has his leg damaged but I doubt it soften his conscience.

I can't help but be amused at So Ra's hair LoL it look so much like a helmet! Straight hair doesn't complement La El either. She looked better when hair is up or in waves. 

Until next week I guess will find out who shall be the last one standing - literally.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 14! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Breaks Own Record For Highest Ratings In ENA History + “Eve” Heads Into Final Week On Rise

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Eve“—which has just one week left in its run—rose to an average nationwide rating of 3.782 percent for its latest episode.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Breaks Own Record For Highest Ratings In ENA History + “Eve” Heads Into Final Week On Rise | Soompi

• Like 4

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Omg another intense one, Aww SEP being there for Ra-Ei, he loves her so much.

I don't know if her and KYG and her will love again, or she will be with SEP. Or just alone.

@backstreetboysfan  I believe Kang Yoon Gyeom will Die to protect her from the Crazy Han So Ra.  She will Kill any woman who comes between KYG and herself.  Nobody in her sane mind would sympathise with Han So Ra.

Then Ra-El will live alone Broken-Hearted.  With Seo Eun Pyeong to take care of her.  That is my Guess.

Poor Kang Yoon Gyeom did not know that Han So Ra had Ra-El's mother killed.  13 years' ago, the man HPR hired to throw the Dead Body away, took some photos with Han So Ra in it.  He wanted to claim More Money from KYG the next day.   KYG confronted HSR.  And HSR lied, claiming that Ra-El's mother died from an illness. They were Newly-Weds, so KYG let it pass.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Anti Climactic episode. I was hoping Lee ra el would kill So ra. Now it looks like SR will shoot them next ep. Should have killed her when ya had the chance LRE.  Shouldt LRA have planned better?  She should have known the guy would find out her identity and the evil ppl would attempt to kill someone she loved or her.  

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, leegary said:

Anti Climactic episode. I was hoping Lee ra el would kill So ra. Now it looks like SR will shoot them next ep. Should have killed her when ya had the chance LRE.  Shouldt LRA have planned better?  She should have known the guy would find out her identity and the evil ppl would attempt to kill someone she loved or her.  

@leegary  I am glad Ra-El Did Not Kill anyone.   That would make her A Murderer - a Label that will Tarnish her name for Life, and send her into Prisons.  Not worth it.   No I don't want that.  She promised Jang Moon Hee that she will never turn into a  Monster.

But she should not have fallen-in-love with Kang Yoon Gyeom, and used it to Provoke Han So Ra.  That, arouse the Devil in Han So Ra's heart and precipitated their Downfall.  And most important Jang Moon Hee should have used a Pseudonym. 

• Like 7

i'm lurking here, reading the posts and watching the clips off IG and youtube

thanks @hush puppy for the episode updates.. i paused at ep12.. i need to find out more first before i binge watch all the remaining episodes..

i like how La El went full force crazy with the revenge after learning the truth of what happened to her mom.. and

i hate how Han So Ra is so ruthless and kills off people without a blink.. I hope her end, is not simply a jail term or something that kills her instantly.. she needs to suffer max before her death (if she does die in the drama)

• Like 5
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i hate how Han So Ra is so ruthless and kills off people without a blink.. I hope her end, is not simply a jail term or something that kills her instantly.. she needs to suffer max before her death (if she does die in the drama)

Yoo Sun does RickRoll'D, spoiled chaebol roles so well. Han So Ra like a version of Kim Tae On (her character in Goddess of Revenge), but on steroids.:sweat_smile: Her character's comeuppance in that series was just jailtime and being ousted from the board. Here's hoping HSR gets her due this time.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Yoo Sun does RickRoll'D, spoiled chaebol roles so well.

she posted on her ig, with the dirtied pink H&M suit.. and her face all with dirt as well.. but, her hair remains super neat and straight lol my rebonded hair cant work the same magic as hers onscreen!

Ron Swanson Smile GIF

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

4 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@backstreetboysfan  I believe Kang Yoon Gyeom will Die to protect her from the Crazy Han So Ra.  She will Kill any woman who comes between KYG and herself.  Nobody in her sane mind would sympathise with Han So Ra.

Then Ra-El will live alone Broken-Hearted.  With Seo Eun Pyeong to take care of her.  That is my Guess.

Poor Kang Yoon Gyeom did not know that Han So Ra had Ra-El's mother killed.  13 years' ago, the man HPR hired to throw the Dead Body away, took some photos with Han So Ra in it.  He wanted to claim More Money from KYG the next day.   KYG confronted HSR.  And HSR lied, claiming that Ra-El's mother died from an illness. They were Newly-Weds, so KYG let it pass.  

I could see that happening but I am still hoping for a happy ending I just don't know with how this one is eh.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hell hath no fury indeed. La El is a woman on a rampage. Steamrolling whomever that get in her path. I don't feel bad nor have I ever felt pity for So Ra ever. NOT even once LoL despite the drama tryin' SO hard to make her seem .. redeemable(?) She is just an awful human being. 

I am mixed on Kang 'cause he seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. He wasn't exactly complicit but then again neither is he innocent of it all. 

The juxtapose in the last scene of ep 14 was well done. The irony of it all. La El with a piece of sharp broken ceramic in her hand on her way to stab Sora and SEP standing in front of her trying to calm her down and on the other side, Han So Ra looking up to KYG pleading and KYG saying he wanted to become a good person for La El.

I don't know why Sora is not imprisoned, she is a murderess thrice over. She may not have been the one to kill JMH but she was the one who kidnapped her and got her imprisoned in her father's underground prison cells, and let her father finally kill her. Mrs Lee, La El's mom was also in that underground cell and starved to death. They all need to be imprisoned, maximum imprisonment no pardon. and yes, KYG is guilty for knowing about his wife's crimes and not reporting it. Not even seeking justice for the woman that So Ra killed to marry him. He may have kept his name clean but he knew of the crimes of his wife, the singer whom his FIL had killed because she was suspected of having an affair with him. He may not have known about the violence of the takeover, but he knew how his father in law operates, and he would have suspected the Gedix Company was obtained illegally but took advantage of being given the charge so in his mind he can free himself, but was he? He needs to be imprisoned too for knowing about crimes done and not reporting it, and fined for the victims.  He was an abused child, a slave of his father and the marriage and the position, he took advantage of to "free" himself. He had a brief taste of being himself with Ra El, and he wanted more so he wanted to run away. But to be truly free he needs to face his own demons and have courage to do the right thing. Kneeling to La El to "pay" fair price for Gedix after he knew of the death of Jang Mon Hee is an insult. By now, he would have found out what really happened at Gedix and about Jang Mon Hee and the other victims of LY before he took the reins. Fair price? La El, "fair price is doing what the victim wants" and ever clueless richest man asks, "what do you want" and La El says without flinching "die". Mr richest man, now you know.

It is disappointing that SEP with all that power could not save JMH. She is the hero of the drama as far as I am concerned. She was the one who started the fight for justice and spent money and time building a case against the Hans for 13 years. It is sad that she got killed and not be around to lead the team that will put the bad guys in prison for life. I hope that La El will be able to hold her anger and finish what JMH started. 

• Thanks 5

That's how it is in dramas sweetie LoL~ @lila21 the bad get away with EVERYTHING. Even moreso, if they are of the elite and have tons of money, power, influence. Money DOES buy one out of crime sadly. It's the same with this brazen former politician in my country. Dude pretty much put our country in a messy debt but is still allowed to run in politics. So I guess art does imitate life eh? 

I just can't find myself to feel anything for Kang tbvh LoL. Had he been in the hands of a more competent actor , maybe I would be typing out a different post ha-ha. Nothin' good ever comes out of these revenge based dramas Idk I might've missed some but have any of the people that seeked revenge gain justice at the end? Heck were they even alive LoL?

With Seo.. I think the writers are aiming for a sacrificial/ martyr kind of love? It seem to be a common theme/ character in most of these revenge dramas that there's someone there to be the saviour to the victim.

Honestly this should have ended at 8 ep. The plot is stretched too thin and amping up the dramatics very much like "The Penthouse". It's been an entertaining circus that's for sure LoL.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Nothin' good ever comes out of these revenge based dramas Idk I might've missed some but have any of the people that seeked revenge gain justice at the end? H

I think this will end tragically. So Ra is obsessively possessive of KYG. She would rather kill him rather than let him leave her for another.

• Like 2

Will KYG kill himself? In the preview, there was a scene of a voice over of SEP saying to Ra El "the chairman left everything he owns, his power and position under your name" while showing KYG sitting in his office writing his will? then follows a scene where Ra El and and KYG were standing outside of the house and KYG says "if I have to die  then I will do that" and Ra El grabbing his shirt and shaking him and shouting "then just die". The next scene shows a tearful pale faced Ra El, and  a voice over saying "we wanted to love, but the fact that we can't only love, is our tragedy". In the meantime, So Ra is looking for her husband then she loaded a long gun, then a smirk in her face... SEP looking for KYG and saying to someone, you can't find the chairman?

What happened to KYG, committed suicide, So Ra gunned him down, is in hiding?? Long wait for 15

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

I don't know how everyone see this Drama - "Eve".  To me, it is a Mixed Bag.

There were moments of Brilliance.  But they have been escliped by an overwhelming amount of Mediocrity.

The Script-Writer takes the easy way out by using Plot-Holes for Brilliances:

- Having Jang Moon Hee  use her Original Name

The Kidnappers failing to confiscate Jang Moon Hee's Emergency Recorder 

- Having Ra-El forgetting that others can use  CCTV Cameras too

- Having Ra-El leaving her Surveillance Room Door open at the most Crucial Moment

Because she does not know how else to Manoevre the Plot.  I think she should ask us Viewers for Ideas.  Viewers have Great Ideas after years of watching dramas.

Eve is supposed to be the Revenge-Story of Ra-El.

But I think along the way, the Script-Writer has Amnesia.  Instead of giving us a Ra-El systemically working her way through LY Group to take out Chairman Han Pan Ro, there were minimum development about Han Pan Ro and his cronies.

Instead she gave us a Romance of Ra-El and Kang Yoon Gyeom.  And then throw in Seo Eun Pyeong  to Spice Up things.  But then.... I should have know.  After all the Drama is named  "Eve".  It should be all about "Seduction".

What a shame.  It has started out very promising.  Some of my  favourite scenes are:

-  Ep 1.  The Tango Performance by Ra-El

-  Ep 6. When So Ra went beserked because her Husband left her on her Birthday.

-  Ep 7.  When HSR & Dr Love had to run off after banging their car into Bodyguard Lee Yeon Wook's car :w00t:

-  Ep (forgot the Ep No)  the Confrontation between Ra-El and Han So Ra

I guess they will have to Rush through the Final Two Episodes.   I only hope that they do not forget to let us see Kang Yoon Gyeom finding out about Dr Love (Do Wan's affair with Han So Ra)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hush puppy said:

There were moments of Brilliance.  But they have been escliped by an overwhelming amount of Mediocrity

I agree. My favorite scenes were:

-KYG seeing LRL make love to her ‘husband’ in the first ep (never seen a kdrama do that before so I’ll give them that)

-LRL revealing her identity to SR at the birthday party

-the bathtub scenes at house of roses, it should be it’s own character, I want one of my own. It’s luxurious!

-motorcycle chain scene, just for the memes and how it got its name after from here hehe

-I agree with you, LYW getting car crashed by SR was soo suspenseful 

Man I want to have a longer list but sadly those are really the only ones I can think of.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@sadthe1st Chingu! Did you finally watch the episodes. Gosh, it hurts. It surely does. I don't want to like KYG. Especially after the 13th episode. Violence was totally unacceptable. No matter how hurt one is. Ep 14 ripped my heart out. He steadfast intention to be good to LRL, his plea for forgiveness because it hurts , and by Jove, it hurts like Hell. I can understand how much LRL is going through- conflict between the heart and the mind. When she took off the wedding ring while he knelt before her, begging her to stop because it all hurt too much, and flings it away with careless abandonment- my heart just stopped beating for a second there. It hurts goddamn much.   

HSR has lost it already. She had lost it a few episodes ago, but it seems she will burn down the house - be the catalyst that spells doom to her father and his lackey. 

P.S. I feel bad for her bodyguard. That handsome face wasted. :tears: Gets hit by one and all. :tears:

Jokes apart, I have a feeling that both LRL and KYG will die. They can't be together on this earth - but perhaps they can re together after death. That way, she will not feel like she betrayed her parents and her teacher and all the other people who looked up to her to get them justice. 

KYG is the collateral damage in this war and as they say seeking revenge is a bad idea. 

I don't want to say goodbye to the story. I am not ready. 

edit

The last scene- Jesus! She could see KYG hurting but she could not see how the assembly man was hurting too? God! That hurt! He is literally sacrificing himself for her and she has eyes only for KYG.  

• Love 2