[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

I was so pissed at BYJ at the beginning of the episode (like his own daughter was :P ) that I had a hard time seeing how it could get better. But then it did... Slowly you really see and understand why BYJ is so torn. Everyone is telling him to put distance and while he does, he dislikes it and yet... Anyway, I thought the complexity of it all was very well portrayed. I look forward to tomorrow's episode. I do hope they won't give us a break-up and then back together in the last episodes. I want to see them together as a couple for a bit. Oh and yeah, tonight's kiss was soooo much better!!

I thought the scene when BYJ calls JW by mistake hilarious. I could not stop laughing when JW teased YJ the next morning. So so good ("I want to waver"). LOL

I wish we had see a bit more about SW. We got so much of her last week and today, not much... I want more!!

Oh and I felt uneasy about YR recording her father's singing. I mean in a way no because we used to record a lot fo things like that... It was so easy to record telephone conversations, good moments, even songs on the radio. But somehow, it felt like this would be something she might return to in the future, either something is going to happen to her father, or if she breaks up with JW. Let's wait and see...

The last match was indeed beautiful.

ETA: @kboramint Ah I see you had the same thought in relation to the recording!

• Like 3

YaY to the couples - Ji Woong/Yoo Rim , Yi Jin/ Hee Do. Seung Wan's perm ain't bad LoL.

Hee Do's daughter takes after her ha-ha. I died laughing at their steamed bun scene.. then the fencing oppa LoL! Of course the last scene with the snow was like icing on the cake (chef's kiss) Perfection. 

Although k-netizens aren't as eager as us international viewers over depiction of a minor with a young adult male having shared affections.:unamused:

• Like 2

not sure if the writer want to comfort us by giving us early hint or trolling us with the conversation between yurim and heedo. that nothing last forever ant be happt cause at the some point you have that moment. hmm

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Ahhh I am enjoying this drama so much! It's got so much in it about growing up--friendship, crushes, real love, issues with parents, teamwork, realizing adults don't always keep their own rules and learning to stand up for yourself, the risks of betrayal/hurting people you care about (not saying it will happen here, but it's strongly hinted at with the mom/coach backstory), even fandom and frenemies.

I thought they did a great job of handling the complexity of growing romantic feelings between Hee Do and Yi Jin in ep 13. It may be simple for Hee Do, but it's definitely not for Yi Jin. Everyone, everywhere he goes, is telling him to keep a distance. Whether it's his age or his job, they all are like, no, that can't fly. Yet at the same time, these two people have been through a lot together, they understand each other more than anyone else. They are each other's person. It isn't like a school crush, where you like someone because of their looks. There is real love there, the kind that, even something happens and you never see each other again--that person is forever a part of you. So losing that...would be like losing a part of yourself. So I think they did a good job of showing the complexity of that situation, and in a way that hopefully also satisfies those who had a problem with a 20YO (twenty. TWENTY!!) kissing someone she's known for a long time. No guy who is a groomer runs away from the threat of kissing like BYJ did (steamed bun, lololol). 

Regarding theories about the ending, and what happened to BYJ: all I have to say is that I love knowing there are people on this planet who are so invested in the same story I am that they will make a 10 minute video taking it apart and trying to guess the ending. You are my people. :D

Was talking about this drama with someone elsewhere, and they wondered about the scene where the daughter seemingly interacts with both Hee Do (to comfort her) and Yi Jin (to give him a piece of her mind. Obviously she did not time travel, it's not literal. But in the present, she doesn't get along with mom so well, so I think it showed how much she understood/empathized with Hee Do that she would want to comfort her and also yell at BYJ. Then when reading this thread, I saw the composite picture someone made of this, and wondered if any of those feelings were projections on present issues? Like what if BYJ is alive and not around and the parents fought and so daughter wants to comfort mom in the present as well as yell at dad to come back and put things right?? Well, maybe not--there are lots of theories. 

Anyway, I'm half looking forward to the last 3 episodes and half scared about what is to come.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I guess I will remember their kiss when listening to this song

VERY SLOWLY

You can tell just by looking at my eyes
What kind of world have you lived?
Thanks to your warm hands for the first time,
My heart melts away

We hesitated in front of each other
It was collapsing in reality
It makes me forget myself

I’m telling the truth
I’m on my way to you
Look at me now
I’ll come to you slowly

Very slowly

I can tell just by your hand gestures
How nice you are
The times that we’ve spent together
Now you’re making me endure it

We hesitated in front of each other
It was collapsing in reality
It makes me forget myself

I’m telling the truth
I’m on my way to you
Look at me now
I’ll come to you slowly
Very slowly

Credit to the owners

@backstreetboysfan were you trying to make a quote?

@kboramint I'm always scared to click your spoiler.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Was talking about this drama with someone elsewhere, and they wondered about the scene where the daughter seemingly interacts with both Hee Do (to comfort her) and Yi Jin (to give him a piece of her mind. Obviously she did not time travel, it's not literal. But in the present, she doesn't get along with mom so well, so I think it showed how much she understood/empathized with Hee Do that she would want to comfort her and also yell at BYJ. Then when reading this thread, I saw the composite picture someone made of this, and wondered if any of those feelings were projections on present issues? Like what if BYJ is alive and not around and the parents fought and so daughter wants to comfort mom in the present as well as yell at dad to come back and put things right?? Well, maybe not--there are lots of theories. 

Anyway, I'm half looking forward to the last 3 episodes and half scared about what is to come.

With 3 episodes left, I've come a conclusion that Kim Min-Chae is not Baek Yi-Jin's daughter. In fact, while I believe he is still alive. I believe he has done something really wrong that Hee-Do can not forgive him for. Which is why they are not together in 2021.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, kboramint said:

With 3 episodes left, I've come a conclusion that Kim Min-Chae is not Baek Yi-Jin's daughter. In fact, while I believe he is still alive. I believe he has done something really wrong that Hee-Do can not forgive him for. Which is why they are not together in 2021.

This is kind of the feel I'm getting as well. :( 

• Like 2

i enjoyed ep13 a lot.. its a lot on YJ's inner struggle between the taboo of his blossoming career and the love for HD. i was really glad to see HD so persistent with her way of showing affection, waiting for YJ despite him pushing her away deliberately.

YJ's jealousy was insanely hilarious..!! i was so certain the parasol is going to fly off from the stand if he continues to speed spin it!!

下雨 Heavy Rain GIF by ShiGai

and i super love the friendship between YR and HD.. how HD continued to tease YR when JW brought them all out for a "driving party".. YR is really loving HD a lot! if the friendship wasn't strong enough, bringing such past incident back as a joke will shake the grounds lol i hope their friendship continue to stay strong even though they are going to continue their journey on different paths and meeting back as fencing rivals.

also, i like Coach. her personality has a striking similarity as HD.. that's probably why she can relate to HD's passion for fencing and also her outspokenness

==

i stopped guessing who is MC's dad already hahaha there's just 3 episodes left.. let's just enjoy the moments!

(and yes, there isn't any adult HD scene in this episode.. secret yay!)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” continued its reign over its time slot, taking first place across all channels despite a dip in viewership. The drama, which has just three episodes left in its run, scored an average nationwide rating of 9.9 percent for its latest episode.

Additionally, “Twenty Five, Twenty One” remained first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 6.4 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-3-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-twenty-five-twenty-one-remains-no-1-despite-dip/#ixzz7Oi94ifVg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

Yes, I kinda agree with this.

• Like 1