[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, Skysky said:

Jw and seungwan are more realistic because they are diaper bestie and been know for a long time compared to yoorim that went to rusia, but idk if they are going to be couple, because it seems awkward for them? I just hope they will find their own happiness, especially seungwan

More realistic? JW has never shown any romantic interest towards SeungWan.  He has shown romantic interests towards Yu-Rim. I don't understand why fans want to undermine this realationship. 

-----

This  is more realistic... LOL. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kboramint said:

She was googling them together to see if any news stories or scandles of them together are brought up since her mom is a public figure.  If Baek YiJin is her father then she could just ask him. Why is his father hiding who he really is from his daughter.  

More realistic? JW has never shown any love towards SeungWan. Nor has SeungWan towards JW. 

She google them because the diary ended there. . .Not because she  she curious about her father or dont know him, its more because she curious about their relationship. Then why she is rooting for baekdo if her father is different person? Is she searching for new father? Nahh

What I mean more realistic is compared to yoorim who move to rusia, unless jw also move to rusia, I dont see how their relationship is going to work? While he is always seeing seungwan in korea and their family is close, it could work to friendship to love because baekdo was also like that, but I dont rooting for them together tho, I just say its more likely than with yoorim, I hope they stay as friend and find their own happiness

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

I second this

Currently, I’m at this state as well. But I have other thing that concerning me. The name of HD’s furniture shop is 2521. Why would she named it so when she’s married to someone else? 

Besides, found this on twitter:

She started this furniture shop in 2020. It’s 11yrs after their interview on the TV. It feels even weirder I think.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 3

@banghyeri true, thats why I feels weird too. Honestly I thought in earlier eps she is using the name because yijin was d so she feel free to use that name and want to treasure the 25 21 eventhough she married someone else it wont be problem if yijin was d, its not like she would met him ever again. if yijin alive then there is no way she would use that name unless he is her husband! 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Watched ep 14 , I don't know anymore, are they together or not.

Their interview seemed sad , the longing was clear .

But ep 14 clearly belonged to yurim.

She chose family , no one can blame her for that.

And does that mean after becoming a Russian player she was never able to win gold at Olympics or any other games because , in the interview yi jin clearly said this was heedo's 3rd gold medal. Then becoming a Russian fencer made her fencing career worse?

I think yurim till the end was seen as a traitor and her lose gave an opportunity to heedo to become the top fencer in Korea with a lot of public love and support.

And like others pointed out won't the public try to figure out who she married , won't minchae know who her father is ? If it's yi jin then it would become news ?

So did they not end up together?

• Like 2

I think we all want baekdo to be together at the future/end. It's just some choose to prepare for the worst and others remain hopeful. 

Frankly i'm done predicting what baekdo future will be because the writer has proven her unpredictable way of revealing things (i was so shocked during the first 5 minutes of the live streaming). Even so i still enjoy reading theories as a way to cope with the aftermath of episode 14. You know saturday is quite long and no other shows catch my attention so every crumb related to 2521 is the only entertainment i have.

On a side note the last sentence of ep 14 has successfully diverted our attention to the point that nothing else matters. But i'd like to applaud Yurim and her bravery. During that first 5 minutes, baekdo teary emotional eyes at 2009 interview got me distracted but the scene of Hee Do and Yu Rim against each other representing different countries is where my tears start to well up. Ji woong and Yu rim kiss is also so sweet. I love how she tearfully recite the Russian words Ji Woong wrote claiming her as his girl and kiss her after that. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

And does that mean after becoming a Russian player she was never able to win gold at Olympics or any other games because , in the interview yi jin clearly said this was heedo's 3rd gold medal. Then becoming a Russian fencer made her fencing career worse?

Yoorim problem since day 1 was about her family issue, if she moved to rusia and solved that I think she would be happier instead, she always love her family more than anything and financial is always been her problem. About her carreer as fencer, even before she move she still lost to heedoo tho, How can her carreer is worsening? she still lose otherwise unless she can beat heedoo. Actually naturalization is normal in sport, I don't think being 'traitor' will make it stop or worse because they already move anyway, and many of them married to the local and find happiness. I hope yoorim can find her happiness in her new life

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

I think yurim till the end was seen as a traitor and her lose gave an opportunity to heedo to become the top fencer in Korea with a lot of public love and support.

And like others pointed out won't the public try to figure out who she married , won't minchae know who her father is ? If it's yi jin then it would become news ?

So did they not end up together?

If we look at the facts without any theories then..

• MC doesn't know who BYJ is.
  • BYJ is not married to Hee-Do as in 2009 since he congratulated her on her wedding
  • Hee-Do beat Yu-Rim in 2001 for the gold medal in Madrid. 
  • Hee-Do has won 3 golds since 2001.
  • MC's father is out of country and can not come back due to Covid-19 and has given her a dress.
  • MC's surname is Kim.
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

I think we all want baekdo to be together at the future/end. It's just some choose to prepare for the worst and others remain hopeful. 

Frankly i'm done predicting what baekdo future will be because the writer has proven her unpredictable way of revealing things (i was so shocked during the first 5 minutes of the live streaming). Even so i still enjoy reading theories as a way to cope with the aftermath of episode 14. You know saturday is quite long and no other shows catch my attention so every crumb related to 2521 is the only entertainment i have.

I personally already prepare for the worst (d word) since day 1 lol! My only complain is always baekdo screentime and their short lovely moment, I dont mind if they didnt ended up together as long as we have many of their moments. I hope 25 21 at eps 15 doesnt disappoint, please! 

I agree that the writer is unpredictable at this point, so I think the ending would be not what we expecting since the writer always throwing obvious hints that minchae father isnt yijin lol

• Like 3

Honestly this show would been much more enjoyable without the present timeline and who's the father/husband guessing game. If the writers really decide to separate them then it will be surely different from other Kdramas. Because rather than the present time clues, it always had the vibe of a youthful romantic comedy drama. And usually no matter how many hardships or complications there are, the lead couple of a romantic comedy drama always overcomes them and ends up together. 

I want to accept the fact the Beakdoo are not together in the present time but then some of the clues are making me confused again. The main factor is Minchae's attitude towards her mother's diary. Her father sends her a gift, she receives it and then she goes back to reading her mother's love story with some other man and rooting for them on top of that. Even if we assume that her relationship with her father is not that good still shouldn't she at least be bit uncomfortable? What kind of daughter does that make her.

Secondly, why Yijin's belongings is in Heedo's room? Even if Yijin gave them to her at some point, shouldn't she keep them in a place where no one will see them? Like Yijin is not even dead. By putting the stuffs of her ex boyfriend on full display, isn't Heedo being disrespectful to her husband? And about the 2009 timeline, what if they were being emotional not because they haven't seen each other in years but because they haven't seen each other in months? Heedo might be in San Francisco and other countries for many months because of her competitions. Video calling was not that common in 2009 like it is now in 2022. So seeing each other like that might have intensified their longing for each other and therefore those longing eyes and "how have you been" questions.

And like @Skysky said even if they don't end up together they should at least have some moments together. I still cannot let go the fact that after the kiss we didn't get any cute scenes between them. Seemed like they totally forget it 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

If we look at the facts without any theories then..

• MC doesn't know who BYJ is.
  • BYJ is not married to Hee-Do as in 2009 since he congratulated her on her wedding
  • Hee-Do beat Yu-Rim in 2001 for the gold medal in Madrid. 
  • Hee-Do has won 3 golds since 2001.
  • MC's father is out of country and can not come back due to Covid-19 and has given her a dress.
  • MC's surname is Kim.

I’m trying to put all the information together but given all the facts it’s hard to find any loopholes explaining

- why Minchae has a different surname

- why Yijin congratulated Heedo on her wedding 

- why Minchae didn’t recognise Yijin’s face

- why Heedo’s mum said she met Yijin last month 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@-Love Blossom- totally agree with everything you said. 

I will add :

- heedoo photo at the beach was belong to yijin but ended up at heedoo photo album

- The whole conversation between heedoo and yijin at 2009 was super weird especially that they done it on national tv and they said 'whataver I am, I will show my unwavering support'. Like how can they said that if they had nothing special between them. 

Then heedoo voice over 'I will take care everything, see you then' lol if heedoo had husband already, what make her husband then? why heedoo already planing to meet yijin when he is her EX and she already married and have a child? She should meet her husband first more than anyone. I agree about them being teary eyes, they miss each other because heedoo was busy, it does match with heedoo word 'I will take care everything, see you' means that she missed him and want to meet him soon

- heedoo workshop '25 21'

Since the whole this guessing heedoo husband is intentional, I dont think the writer will go with easy and obvious answer, since they throwing obvious hint about kim surname since day 1, I think they will pull the plot twist for the ending

But I agree with you that they actually dont need this guessing game since the drama already great, its only making people confused and some even drop the drama even before start watching. If only they focusing more on baekdo, like they did in early eps plus no 'kim' minchae I'm sure the rating would reached higher

• Like 4

EVENT: My Corner of Soompi

Spring edition of My Corner of Soompi is here! Do let us know what you've been up to and what you're looking forward to as we're heading towards summer.

Bring yourself and some snacks to the thread, as we sip on our tea together. :kiss_wink:

tea party GIF by VH1

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

3 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Honestly this show would been much more enjoyable without the present timeline and who's the father/husband guessing game. If the writers really decide to separate them then it will be surely different from other Kdramas. Because rather than the present time clues, it always had the vibe of a youthful romantic comedy drama. And usually no matter how many hardships or complications there are, the lead couple of a romantic comedy drama always overcomes them and ends up together.

I know right? I mean why oh why? The past moments are so enjoyable and meaningful and then you try to create tension and suspens with a question that makes us not enjoy the past moments as much... I mean does the writer and PD not believe in how powerful their story is so they feel to need to add 'spice' to it?

It is mainly my frustration speaking but I just wish they would let us focus on 2000 and see how our characters grow and change. That last scene just breaks it all for me, throwing it all off. "You enjoyed this episode? there now you don't" :P

Just let us enjoy it!

ETA:

36 minutes ago, Skysky said:

But I agree with you that they actually dont need this guessing game since the drama already great, its only making people confused and some even drop the drama even before start watching. If only they focusing more on baekdo, like they did in early eps plus no 'kim' minchae I'm sure the rating would reached higher

Exactly!!

• Like 3

Apparently some korean folk had the same thought as me that this scene will probably be the parting, but they may beautify the parting as love. A kind of love that support each other even when they don't belong together.

Sorry for being such a party pooper guys. I think i'm addicted to this rabbit hole of overthinking and random theory. So i guess the trick worked? Though the same trick put some people away from the drama.

I somehow believe that Kim Jun Ho may be her future husband. I mean a fencing star cameo just to induce jealousy in that few minutes? Just like Choi Tae Joon cameo unexpectedly re appear to strengthen the bond between the two, this cameo may appear again in the future.

• Like 2

@carolinedl IKR! The first eps reached 6%, thats quite high for the drama these day especially for cable channel, viewers already interested before we know about the 'kim' minchae, it could be higher without it, my friend dont want to watch because of that kim surname, and now watch business proposal instead.

I dont know why they dont have confidence and keep ruining the happy otp moments with the whole guessing game, when they have kim taeri-nam joo hyuk as main cast, its kim taeri comeback drama after 4 years, the writer and director are also famous, search WWW earn high praise, the director directed mr sunshine, the king eternal monarch etc. .just why

@bee_wannabe its okay, every theory is count, I even predicted before that yijin would d lol. 

About the cameo, its normal that cameo only come for minutes then its done and not comeback again. Even some cameo only show up for few seconds lol

About baekdo separation, I wonder if you guys believe that, what would make they separate? Like I cant think any reason unless yijin is d. When yijin left without word to his uncle house, they were still going strong they still believe and waiting for each other, any distance wouldn't be a problem. Their profesional relationship? I thought heedoo would learn more about yijin dilema at the end eps 14 then they reunite again, I'm sure it wont become an issue again. So whats the reason then? 

• Like 4