[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

@Skysky at this point, to be honest, I do not care whether we get a 'happy' ending or not. I just want to see thel happy together for a bit. I also want to see a real romantic relationship. While I have liked how things have evolved, and the intensity of their relation, it needs to go up another level for it to really be love. As in romantic love. Physicality is important there and thus far, we have had very little of it... I want to feel like they really were together and that, with time, things changed for me to be content with them not ending up together.

@aislingIndeed! :joy: Though he was kissing 'older' women and the atmosphere was different. I hope we'll get a more intense kiss soon!

• Like 3

@carolinedl I agree thats why I keep complaining when they stuck at age of 23 19 lol. So tired of waiting them for 25 21, I actually became less excited for the past 2-3 weeks lol. I usually can't really wait so I watched live (same time as korea) even without subtitle then watch again when its available on netflix, but these days I watched it only when its available on netflix and I watch spoiler first (I usually avoid all spoilers lol), a lot of people are probably like me as the rating is very stagnant (even lower yesterday)

And again we need another wait because in next week eps, yijin will push heedoo away lol. Seriously, only 3 eps left, its make me nervous how they will put the romance for those little time

• Like 2

It's difficult to have intimate scenes when HeeDo has not reached adulthood of 21 & is still immatured. She is still acting & behaving, skipping away like a 13 yr old girl - recap her conversation with her mom when she accuses her mom for not caring about her dad and not keeping up with her promises & thinks her mom is only interested in her career. Her mom reminded her to get out of her 13 yr old character.

BYJ is being cautious not to offend a minor, different drama scripts cannot be compared acting with older actresses, not forgetting HD is still a student wearing school uniform.

Read the following reactions:  

https://kstartrend.com/2022/03/21/twenty-five-twenty-one-kissing-scene-receive-mixed-reactions-from-netizens-says-this-is-crossing-the-line/?fbclid=IwAR3H9R1DbO0qyzMlvPuzw-910KokjHg5wo5t7HCyoaATxxyTz34aLz3SupI

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just saw the latest episode and go ladies!

SW and especially her Mom taking that abusive teacher down was incredible! The coach and YJ’s decision to quit was also good; making sure she had no regrets and tried all the way before leaving. Lastly, our HD signaling she’s ready to progress the relationship but it’s before BYJ’s plans - so maybe this freaks him out (since she is still young) and I think there must be something else too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elchan said:

It's difficult to have intimate scenes when HeeDo has not reached adulthood of 21 & is still immatured. She is still acting & behaving, skipping away like a 13 yr old girl - recap her conversation with her mom when she accuses her mom for not caring about her dad and not keeping up with her promises & thinks her mom is only interested in her career. Her mom reminded her to get out of her 13 yr old character.

BYJ is being cautious not to offend a minor, different drama scripts cannot be compared acting with older actresses, not forgetting HD is still a student wearing school uniform

I totally agree! I have pointed out that HD was still very immature in some aspects. What I am saying is that they need to move forward so that we can have those scenes. That is why I also asked about a second season because things are moving slowly. As they should but with only 4 episodes left... I rarely say this but I would not mind having more episodes or a second season to really see the progress in their physical connection.

I think that is what a lot of us are trying to say. We understand and enjoy the 23-19 scenes a lot, but we are worried that it will just end up being very unbalanced...

• Like 3

Yes i think so too like so much thing unsolved yet but so little time left. Probably all of us just over thinking. The trailer and song by jaurim maube trick us. Idk. Maybe this is just a light teen drama from the start.

For bad ending yijin died somewhere in ep. 16. And nhd carries on her life. Thats it also

I feel the problem for next episode 13 is yijin need to choose or balancing his worklife and lovelife. 

Remaining episode wont be capable to take too much problem ahead since we only hv 4 episodes left. We dont have enough time to see them intimately. So sad. It runs so slow. From 18 to 20 took 12 episode. And she is just even turning 20. How can they finish everything in 4 eps left? Hmmm

They wont have time to get new character to be nhd dad. So little time. Its gonna be rush ending i guess. Huhu

Edited by v s
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Skysky said:

Also because the controversy about their age, if they make their 25 21 way earlier, I think it would be better

The timeline percentage of the script from my standview:

Eps. 1 -14  > 18 - 22

Eps. 15-16 > 21 - 25

None of them could even make a (sensible) move until HD turned 20.

If.. they started out at 19, we might've a bit longer period of their flirting phase, but then again their age gap is way too much between them, made it all the more evident that one of them is an adult, whilst the other one is a minor.

Imagining them to be doing casual lovey-dovey scene suddenly turned into an idea that could get YJ arrested for doing so. They can't even be seen holding hands for freakin' pete's sake :triumph: (excuse me for the rant, am okay now) :ok: 

Although they undoubtedly seemed to be in love on every new episode, like you stated before, at the end of the day, we'll only get 21-25 as the final moment, and it's even suspected to be a tearful one.

Like, WHAT IS THE WRITER-NIM TRYING TO PULL NOW??

My heart can hardly take it anymore...

:criesariver:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Baek Yijin, aren’t you supposed to be a womaniser? What is this kiss? You should restore your reputation!

If only 25-21 started out from 19-23 or 20-24.

If they were in mid 20s, NJH would've probably had the chance at restoring his reputation. But at least KTR didn't hold back. She did it right and, perhaps, slightly 'too' well, for a first kiss. Which is a good thing in my opinion, since her character was supposedly longing for that kind of situation as well, particularly after everything they had gone through together, and his bridge confession. Also, given how fearless HD is, it was only natural for her to initiate the move, cuz if was the other way around, it'd be potentially be called 'an assault' given how young she is.

• Like 3

If the story was that Min Chae was actually given the diary to read and if we were doing positive ending theories 25-21 would make a brilliant and beautiful title if it was an answer to a daughters question to her parents that when did they fall in love? ♥️

But the current timeline is so vague that there are so manyyyyy theories. Glad people are bending more towards a happy ending now and I really hope it is. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here is my theory of what is going on. The mystery is regarding Mother Shin's health which has started to affect her memory. 

If you watch the exchange between Grandmother and Minchae in Episode 4, you see it was Minchae who was pointing to the photo and asked her grandmother - "Grandma, tell me, who is Bak Yi-Jin?" Notice she didn't ask - "Who are these?", because she knew the answer. This was not that she doesn't know - she was trying to test her grandmother's memory. She seemed quite pleased when her grandma was able to identify everyone, and replied "So that is Yi-jin". But her expression changed and she looked very puzzled when grandma asked her - "Do you know Yi-jin?", and so she replied "No, I don't know Yi-jin." She knew, but she was playing along.

Superficially, if you don't watch Minchae's expressions, it could be read as BHJ is a stranger. But if you look carefully, there is a weird undercurrent, because Minchae has detected something and she is concerned. So she changed the subject to dinner. Her question was also a bit awkard - "Grandma, did you come in to tell me it is time to eat?", most like a reminder. And she quickly walks out ... was it to check on the stove?

The scene then changed to the conversation between Mother Shin and Hee do. Same thing - it starts with the photo, and Heedo points out affectionately and with love that BJH was so young. But when Mother says that I met him last month, Heedo's expression became quite concerned. 

If we assume that BHJ is Minchae's father, we know that he has been overseas and cannot get back easily due to quarantine.

In Ep 11, there were two scenes -

a) Heedo came home and saw her mother at home at a strange hour. Mother had come home from work because she had forgotten to take something. Memory problems can start early but takes years to show signs.

b) Then after they emerged from sedation after the colonoscopy, Heedo was very concerned about her mother's health. Once she got up, she asked if her mother was OK, and told her mother "Don't go anywhere, stay with me, ... live a long long life by my side." Hints that there is something wrong with her mother's health.

I think the ending will be that Bak Yi-jin comes back from work abroad. And they find that grandma's health is deteriorating and her memory is affected. It may be early signs of dementia, or something more serious that is affecting her memory. That will be the bitter sweet ending.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

If you watch the exchange between Grandmother and Minchae in Episode 4, you see it was Minchae who was pointing to the photo and asked her grandmother - "Grandma, tell me, who is Bak Yi-Jin?" Notice she didn't ask - "Who are these?", because she knew the answer. This was not that she doesn't know - she was trying to test her grandmother's memory. She seemed quite pleased when her grandma was able to identify everyone, and replied "So that is Yi-jin". But her expression changed and she looked very puzzled when grandma asked her - "Do you know Yi-jin?", and so she replied "No, I don't know Yi-jin." She knew, but she was playing along.

Superficially, if you don't watch Minchae's expressions, it could be read as BHJ is a stranger. But if you look carefully, there is a weird undercurrent, because Minchae has detected something and she is concerned. So she changed the subject to dinner, and quickly walks out.

I somehat subscribe to this theory but one can argue that Min-Chae was trying to find out who BYJ is based off what she read from Hee-Do's diary. She wanted to know what he looks like. She ran away because she doesn't want her grandma to know she's been reading Hee-Do's diary.

47 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

The scene then changed to the conversation between Mother Shin and Hee do. Same thing - it starts with the photo, and Heedo points out affectionately and with love that BJH was so young. But when Mother says that I met him last month, Heedo's expression became quite concerned. 

Is anyone not going to examine why Ko Yu-Rim was suddenly mentioned in that conversation but not anyone else?  

• Like 3

Dear EOs,

@partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

I wish there is a special prize for those who got their theories right at the end. :fullofhearts: 

This could be interesting.... but don't let me be the judge.  

All the best!   

Fighting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The buzzzzzzz...... drama and actors

Credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Love 2

51 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I somehat subscribe to this theory but one can argue that Min-Chae was trying to find out who BYJ is based off what she read from Hee-Do's diary. She wanted to know what he looks like. She ran away because she doesn't want her grandma to know she's been reading Hee-Do's diary.

Is anyone not going to examine why Ko Yu-Rim was suddenly mentioned in that conversation but not anyone else?  

IKR. That was what I thought at first watch.

The writer is quite "sneaky"; it really depends on what angle you take. If it turns out that my theory is right, they will do flashbacks to these scenes, and we will see it from a totally different light. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woodshop said:

If only 25-21 started out from 19-23 or 20-24.

If they were in mid 20s, NJH would've probably had the chance at restoring his reputation. But at least KTR didn't hold back. She did it right and, perhaps, slightly 'too' well, for a first kiss. Which is a good thing in my opinion, since her character was supposedly longing for that kind of situation as well, particularly after everything they had gone through together, and his bridge confession. Also, given how fearless HD is, it was only natural for her to initiate the move, cuz if was the other way around, it'd be potentially be called 'an assault' given how young she is.

True that! Thats why I keep saying they should move the plot faster, then it wont become an issue at all. The controversy is unfortunate (age gap, minor-adult relationship) especially this drama is always on the top and could potentially become a blockbuster drama, but they stuck at teenager heedoo the whole time, they didnt need to because heedoo career could also happen college and added 1yr to heedoo age, so she wont stuck at minor age, yijin confesion would be more meaningful without media and people calling him 'creep' and he could kissed her back easily if so. And ofc the rating will soar higher than now

Look how viewers is so hungry of their love tbh, eventhough the kiss is so simple and fast, the kiss video has almost half of million viewers in korea alone. . 

• Like 2

People come for different reasons. I clearly see some tweet and comments in dramabeans complaining how the show underutilized Seung Wan and Ji Woong, or villainized Yoo Rim too much. But then when they get their own time to shine there are those who wish more scenes for baekdo. 

• Like 1