[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

7 hours ago, angela0612 said:

As for me, I'm willing to be surprised, writer nim.

@angela0612 I'm with you! 

7 hours ago, Woodshop said:

Lastly, if our collective fear is proven true, think it'll take me some time before forgiving the writer-nim ..... but not the (alleged) ending we're all hoping not to happen.

I've experienced this too with one drama and it still hurt, although it has been years...  ( :heartbreak: this is the only place I can be a little bit melodramatic)

However for now, I'm happy my world has collided:

Credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Maybe something physical happend to NHD that she is blocked mentally from remembering those good times with the group at beach.  Am partly still hopeful that YJ will be at the end of the road of this drama.  My vision is its actually BYJ all along.  BYJ changed his name since NHD can't recall the past. He re-enters her life as Kim "YJ"   the person NHD mom refers to as meeting BYJ is actually his younger brother.  Maybe NHD got hit in the head and her brain is dizzy mixed up.  So because there love is so strong just a name replacing the face.   Just my wishful happy end. (and hope to stop seeing "Back" instead of "Baek" on the subtitles.:angry:)

I cant recall watching a drama with a road to nowhere...  Oh no... I can recall the disappointment in Reply 1988. But that was 50/50. split depending on the audience. Me the later was rooting for Ryu Jun-yeol.  Nice getting a real life  hook up though. So I dont carry too much disappointment when looking back at that series.. :D

Despite the possibly dreaded end to nowhere, this overall is an enjoyable drama that can give laughter at the most unexpected moments.  Some simple things have made me laugh hard. and  I love the current bond NHD and BYJ have.  It was a smoothe love confession on his part. The age difference complaints from Netizens is nonsense.  Everybody in HS was with the older crowd at some point. Still happens today. So come on!  Plus BYJ is really harmless in the story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mizv said:

I cant recall watching a drama with a road to nowhere...  Oh no... I can recall the disappointment in Reply 1988. But that was 50/50. split depending on the audience. Me the later was rooting for Ryu Jun-yeol.  Nice getting a real life  hook up though. So I dont carry too much disappointment when looking back at that series.. :D

i still cannot watch the last ep of reply 1988 cause i’m team RJY. cause they kinda give hope for me until the last episode. personally i keep my expected low to avoid feel disappointed. hehehe. 

what ever their ending is. to be togther or not i hope the drama team ties it well

• Like 4

I like reading all this discussion about the ending. The one kokodus wrote got me laughing. 

Here's Tae Ri's message about the nothing lasts forever line the adult Hee Do said 

Sunny is my all time favorite k movie. I remember weeping watching the scene when the adult female lead watch the video of her teenage self and her friends talking about what they want to be. The reason i weep is because of the irony of that scene. The one who wishes to be miss korea is now just barely getting by using her beauty to seduce men. I forget the details, the point is none of them turn out to be what they wished to be. But that moment is still bright nonetheless. Seeing those youngsters with hopeful faces talking excitedly about their simple dreams naturally bring smile to those who watch it including her future self. And it's nice to see the adult squad temporarily living their teenage life again for the sake of their dying friend. 

So if this drama take that route i won't mind. Because regardless the ending, the journey and the conclusion can bring smile and contentment to me while reminiscing my own shining moments when i was younger.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When being asked about the chemistry the director said : there's no other word but good. No matter what scene, be it comedy scene, emotional scene, or to give a kind of spoiler, kiss scene, everything that these guys (the actors) prepared are really beautiful, sad, sophisticated, and pretty.

The tweet said that this is first time for a director to boast about kiss scene in the presscon so he/she looks forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Bellajen said:

I am a little confused, doesn't korean age system add 2 years to your international age. Does that make Heedo 19 In int age but 21 in kor age?

It depends when you are born. Basically, when you are born, you are one. Then each NY, you add one year.

ETA:

• Like 2

Theory: Min-Chae's grandmother has dementa.

If you go back to the scene where Min-Chae looked at the photo of the five friends with her grandma, you know Min-Chae asks who is Yi-Jin. It's not because MC doesn't know who he looks like but because she was testing to see if her grandma knows who he looks like.

Her grandma then asks MC.. "Do you know, Baek Yi-Jin" but MC is somewhat surprised but then answers that she doesn't know. She then makes an excuse that she has to go eat.

I have a speculation that...

• Min-Chae lied to her grandma that she doesn't know Baek Yi-Jin
  • Min-Chae is taken back that her grandma doesn't know Yi-Jin is her (MC) father.
  • Min-Chae lied just so she wouldn't embarass her grandma for forgetting.   

Later on, we see Middle Aged Hee-Do and her mother looking at the same photo which her mother claims that she saw Yi-Jin a "month ago" but Hee-Do doesn't even respond to that but gave her a worried look. 

I believe that Yi-Jin is out of country working and hasn't come back due to Covid restrictions. He is the one that sent that dress to Min-Chae. He's her father and has changed his surname to his mother's surname. If you have noticed the drama has never given his mother a name. The cast listing is also keeping that a secret. Why give his father a name but not her mother? It's because her surname is "Kim".

Also, just like how Hee-do's sword had her name written by Yi-Jin. Min-Chae's ballerina shoe has her name written in it too. One can assume Yi-Jin wrote that.

Which means...

Middle Aged Hee-Do blocked out the beach trip from her memories not because of Yi-Jin but because of Ko Yu-Rim.

Yi-Jin is not the "ex" that Min-Chae mentions from Hee-Do's dairy in episode 1. No, that is Ko Yu-Rim.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

Min-Chae's grandmother has dementa.

If you go back to the scene where Min-Chae looked at the photo of the five friends with her grandma, you know Min-Chae asks who is Yi-Jin. It's not because MC doesn't know who he looks like but because she was testing to see if her grandma knows who he looks like.

Her grandma then asks MC.. "Do you know, Baek Yi-Jin" but MC is somewhat surprised but then answers that she doesn't know. She then makes an excuse that she has to go eat.

I have a speculation that...

• Min-Chae lied to her grandma that she doesn't know Baek Yi-Jin
  • Min-Chae is taken back that her grandma doesn't know Yi-Jin is her (MC) father.
  • Min-Chae lied just so she wouldn't embarass her grandma for forgetting.   

Later on, we see Middle Aged Hee-Do and her mother looking at the same photo which her mother claims that she saw Yi-Jin a "month ago" but Hee-Do doesn't even respond to that but gave her a worried look. 

I believe that Yi-Jin is out of country working and hasn't come back due to Covid restrictions. He is the one that sent that dress to Min-Chae. He's her father and has changed his surname to his mother's surname. If you have noticed the drama has never given his mother a name. The cast listing is also keeping that a secret. Why give his father a name but not her mother? It's because her surname is "Kim".

Also, just like how Hee-do's sword had her name written by Yi-Jin. Min-Chae's ballerina shoe has her name written in it too. One can assume Yi-Jin wrote that.

Which means...

Middle Aged Hee-Do blocked out the beach trip from her memories not because of Yi-Jin but because of Ko Yu-Rim.

Yi-Jin is not the "ex" that Min-Chae mentions from Hee-Do's dairy in episode 1. No, that is Ko Yu-Rim.

I like your theory and it would kind of make sense except…. Would Heedo really let her mother live alone if she had dementia? People with dementia can’t really take care of themselves, then can get lost, get confused to the point it can be really dangerous to them….

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, aisling said:

I like your theory and it would kind of make sense except…. Would Heedo really let her mother live alone if she had dementia? People with dementia can’t really take care of themselves, then can get lost, get confused to the point it can be really dangerous to them….

It could be early stage dementa.

BUT there's a higher chance that she doesn't have dementa and KC is really just curious of what Baek Yi-Jin looks like. I do question why she suddenly had to change the subject and walk away when she was asked if She knew who Baek Yi-Jin was.  

I also question why Hee-Do just paused and didn't say anything when her mom said that she met him "last month". 

Or why MC's grandma would ask how Hee-Do "ended up" with a smart daughter.

Or why Hee-Do doesn't remember the beach vacation.  

• Like 3

i'm back here again, because the weekend is coming and it's 2521 time!!

among all the speculations.. what if,

Spoiler

not all the contents in the diary are real incidents that had happened during her 18-21?

other than fencing notes,

could some of those diary entries be part of her creative "manga story writing"?

.... ....

then again, there are those beach photos in the diary..

ignore me, i'm just making really wild guess

• Like 2
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, kboramint said:

Oh I like that!

I have actually come across some speculations too. A lot of fans think that Baek Yi-Jin was adopted. Because of the comment the father made regarding the last 10 years, but also because the father put one of the companies under the name of BYJ's brother (and not the first born). That would explain also why BYJ did not go live with his aunt like his brother and that the father seems to apologetic that BYJ has to go through all that...

In any case, I look forward to the next episodes so we can get more clues and also just see our gang.

Despite all this, one should keep in mind that the scenes on recent years do not have to make sense too. I mean, when you think of Reply 1988, I was rooting for JH (even though I also really liked Taek) and his future version was really like him and nothing like T at all... It still makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

For fans that are interested, here is a BTS video of Bona training in fencing to prepare for her role as Ko Yu-Rim. 

---

spacer.png

Notice the Fencing helmet in Bona's photoshoot with ELLE? Is this Ko Yu-Mi in the photoshoot or is it Kim Bona? LOL.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 2:32 PM, v s said:

stop dreaming guys, nhd and byj wont be together in the endgame. be realistic. no matter how u twist the plot it would look more cringy because lots of evidence said they wont be together in the present day.

i think the endgame will be they meet each other somewhere in present time, they will smile to each other and say...perhaps in the next life. and thats the end game, wkwkwkkw lol. im just kidding. 

but if we think again the reality of life. just because we love each other doesnt mean we have to belong together. sometimes its failed and most of the time its drifting away. like adult nhd say...nothing last forever. 

I might be late but sorry I have to say this : everyone has different brain, every one of us is unique individual, I dont think everyone should think or have same exact opinion, that's just imposible. it is not about dreaming or being delulu. I think you should respect everyone opinion or theory, everything is not 100% certain yet, including your opinion that they won't be together because in the end we are all just the same, we are only viewers who guessing the possible ending, we are not the writer who wrote the script and knew exactly about the ending

Anyway This is for today eps, cant wait! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Despite all this, one should keep in mind that the scenes on recent years do not have to make sense too. I mean, when you think of Reply 1988, I was rooting for JH (even though I also really liked Taek) and his future version was really like him and nothing like T at all... It still makes no sense to me.

I saw a twitter post where in KIM jung pal is the dad of minchae and I thought, genius! I could actually accept that and heal my jungpal broken heart and they are even the same age!

then I realized my brain actually shortcircuited and reply was 1988 not 1998! still, it could still happen haha

• Like 1