[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

I think the donation made by SaRa's mom, just made the public aware and raised some suspicions.  However, when the ring was reported stolen, that brought the police in on the whole mess.  It was probably certified and engraved because of its value.  The loan shark got caught when they tried to sell it.  He in turn IDs Sara's mom. 

Just my guess here. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Lunkera said:

Preview YG takes DD to meet AK at a restaurant. DD wearing outfit AK gave her. I think AK asked for help. MS meet SaRa mom. SaRa and CG scene with SaRa being convinced (Barf). DD has the outfit AK gave her. YS is mad DD and YS argue and DD crying and DD saying she pity AK i think and it seems YS severing their mother-daughter relationship for meeting AK. 

First, thank you for doing these summaries!!

I must say, though I really can't like how SC has gone about this, I find absurd that we're still getting scenes where YS goes and beats AK. How many times is she getting beaten? And yes, she isn't blameless, but YS should have gone and confronted her husband first.

Now, this preview:

I can't believe SaRa is still being pursued by Gun. Does this man care that she wanted to pass his child as someone else's?

And I, again, can't understand how YS can do this to DD. She keeps saying, she loves DD as a daughter. Then, what is this?

Uf, I am glad this drama will be over next weekend!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

There seems to be a strong bond between Korean men and their children/children-to-be.  Even if he didn't have feelings for SaRa (which he still does probably), he would want to know how the pregnancy is going and ensure that the baby is healthy.  Even before he found out that Sejong was with a wealthy family SaRa's ex wanted to know about the baby when he found out is was born and not aborted.

• Like 4

@Min Mcgonagall Yeah just watched it subbed. I thought maybe she didn't stop SC and that was the reason but nope it's because DD went to meet AK. She's so unreasonable, i can understand with SC meeting AK that she would be upset, but AK is DD biological mother after all. AK is dying and DD deserve to atleast make peace with her before she dies. Also the meeting was arranged by YG. AK didn't ask YG, YG i guess wanted them to make peace.

I enjoyed SR and JN conversation with SR saying as it was. Kids would be an obstacle for YG meeting someone and would be hard finding someone to truly like YG and the kids since YG is wealthy most people would approach him cause of that. later when the kids greeting YG as he leave or work he still has muscle pain for running. JN comments to herself that YG looked lonely and realized its because he broke up with DD. JN says to herself that DD didn't have an ulterior motive and truly loved YG-JN-Sechan-Sejong and goes to meet DD. JN apologize for the rant and saying she just felt betrayed and DD not being much older than her. They make up and JN give her approval and saying sorry again. They hug. This is my favorite part of the episode to be honest. No one would love YG and the kids as much as DD and JN realize it.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@Min Mcgonagall Yeah just watched it subbed. I thought maybe she didn't stop SC and that was the reason but nope it's because DD went to meet AK. She's so unreasonable, i can understand with SC meeting AK that she would be upset, but AK is DD biological mother after all. AK is dying and DD deserve to atleast make peace with her before she dies. Also the meeting was arranged by YG. AK didn't ask YG, YG i guess wanted them to make peace.

I enjoyed SR and JN conversation with SR saying as it was. Kids would be an obstacle for YG meeting someone and would be hard finding someone to truly like YG and the kids since YG is wealthy most people would approach him cause of that. later when the kids greeting YG as he leave or work he still has muscle pain for running. JN comments to herself that YG looked lonely and realized its because he broke up with DD. JN says to herself that DD didn't have an ulterior motive and truly loved YG-JN-Sechan-Sejong and goes to meet DD. JN apologize for the rant and saying she just felt betrayed and DD not being much older than her. They make up and JN give her approval and saying sorry again. They hug. This is my favorite part of the episode to be honest. No one would love YG and the kids as much as DD and JN realize it.

Yeah... I mean, I get that YS is angry and upset...but she should direct that to her husband. Because, he's the one who is failing her. The fact that she's taking it out on DD just shows how little she cares. Bc, if DD's last words to Anna are those said in anger, it will hurt her later. 

I blame this, again, on this messy writer. This whole theater with the parents, which frankly annoys me, because I can't stand them anymore should have happened before, not now when there's no time. 

Those scenes with JN were really the best in this ep. The rest... Well, and the church scene. But again, if this writer hadn't wasted time last episode with that woman, DD could have had YG begging a little more. Which I think would have been fair.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

@Min Mcgonagall Except the beginning of episode 49 when Sejong and Sechan run towards DD and Sejong run directly into DD embrace, im going to pretend episode 49 didn't happen :D . They have apparently shooted a proposal scene i saw on twitter at Dongkuk university. So i guess it happens in episode 51. I only hope Sejong and Sechan are reunited with DD in 51. Written Preview is very spoiler free for 51

Episode 51 Preview

England finds Dan hanging out in front of Anna's officetel and arranges a meal for Dan and Anna. Yeon-sil meets Dan-dan in Anna's officetel, where she went to take care of her, and decides to send her Su-cheol to Anna...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Episode 51 Preview

England finds Dan hanging out in front of Anna's officetel and arranges a meal for Dan and Anna. Yeon-sil meets Dan-dan in Anna's officetel, where she went to take care of her, and decides to send her Su-cheol to Anna...

I have the feeling we're going to get the whole funeral and a wedding in the next ep. UGH!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Yep, WDR is 

The Lord Of The Rings Ring GIF

Just because YG father changed his mind about giving her YG mother’s ring doesn’t give her the right to steal it. 

SR is wrong to continue to dump her mom on YG. WDR had done horrible things to YG and she really needs to leave. She should have talked WDR into moving out and taking the full monthly allowance than to continue to be a parasite. If only YG would tell WDR to take her hate and resentments and get out.

CG and SaRa going to Vietnam to live better happen. Best idea ever since SaRa is persona non grata in South Korea! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Episode 50 was good, DD should of made YG work a little more thought.

KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” is heading into its final two episodes on a ratings boost!

On March 20, the popular weekend drama enjoyed a significant rise in viewership ahead of the final week of its run. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Young Lady and Gentleman” scored an average nationwide rating of 36.5 percent, continuing its perfect streak as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/young-lady-and-gentleman-heads-into-final-week-on-no-1-ratings-as-twenty-five-twenty-one-continues-reign-over-its-time-slot/#ixzz7O86asKqf

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Yeah... I mean, I get that YS is angry and upset...but she should direct that to her husband. Because, he's the one who is failing her. The fact that she's taking it out on DD just shows how little she cares. Bc, if DD's last words to Anna are those said in anger, it will hurt her later. 

I blame this, again, on this messy writer. This whole theater with the parents, which frankly annoys me, because I can't stand them anymore should have happened before, not now when there's no time. 

Those scenes with JN were really the best in this ep. The rest... Well, and the church scene. But again, if this writer hadn't wasted time last episode with that woman, DD could have had YG begging a little more. Which I think would have been fair.

old this very thing after watching episode 50. They could have spent more time with JN's resistance and the mess with DD's parents and her reconciliation with them instead of that stupid Crazy Jo act. It would have made those 4 episodes more palatable.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I can't believe SaRa is still being pursued by Gun. Does this man care that she wanted to pass his child as someone else's?

And I, again, can't understand how YS can do this to DD. She keeps saying, she loves DD as a daughter. Then, what is this?

11 hours ago, Lunkera said:

I thought maybe she didn't stop SC and that was the reason but nope it's because DD went to meet AK. She's so unreasonable, i can understand with SC meeting AK that she would be upset, but AK is DD biological mother after all. AK is dying and DD deserve to atleast make peace with her before she dies.

10 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Yeah... I mean, I get that YS is angry and upset...but she should direct that to her husband. Because, he's the one who is failing her. The fact that she's taking it out on DD just shows how little she cares.

But again, if this writer hadn't wasted time last episode with that woman, DD could have had YG begging a little more. Which I think would have been fair.

I have the feeling we're going to get the whole funeral and a wedding in the next ep. UGH!

9 hours ago, vintage said:

Just because YG father changed his mind about giving her YG mother’s ring doesn’t give her the right to steal it. 

SR is wrong to continue to dump her mom on YG. WDR had done horrible things to YG and she really needs to leave. She should have talked WDR into moving out and taking the full monthly allowance than to continue to be a parasite.

7 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

They could have spent more time with JN's resistance and the mess with DD's parents and her reconciliation with them instead of that stupid Crazy Jo act. It would have made those 4 episodes more palatable.

You guys have perfectly summed up what the end of this drama is about ! It's just a mess! We shouldn't be still dealing with all this situations (all at once) when it's only 2 episodes left. Let's not forget about Mi Rim and Jun O drama.

The only plot which got a conclusion so far are SR and DB's wedding and Sa Ra's mom's theft.

My biggest beef is that Dan Dan caved in too quickly. YG should've been made to redeem himself for being dumb and clueless and for hurting DD's feelings a little longer.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, spartania said:

You guys have perfectly summed up what the end of this drama is about ! It's just a mess! We shouldn't be still dealing with all this situations (all at once) when it's only 2 episodes left. Let's not forget about Mi Rim and Jun O drama.

The only plot which got a conclusion so far are SR and DB's wedding and Sa Ra's mom's theft.

My biggest beef is that Dan Dan caved in too quickly. YG should've been made to redeem himself for being dumb and clueless and for hurting DD's feelings a little longer.

I can see his point now of trying to protect her from everybody that was against them. When he was stuck in his 20’s he was like the other young couple he didn’t care what they thought. In his older age he tried to spare her heartache but maybe went about it wrong all his words was just trying to move her on from what he though was him giving her heartache from everybody. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

every episode they torment us most be equal one lap :D

I laughed out loud 

7 hours ago, spartania said:

The church scene melted her

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lfd said:

I can see his point now of trying to protect her from everybody that was against them. When he was stuck in his 20’s he was like the other young couple he didn’t care what they thought. In his older age he tried to spare her heartache but maybe went about it wrong all his words was just trying to move her on from what he though was him giving her heartache from everybody. 

But again, I could even understand that if it had happened like 10 episodes ago. But not now. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lfd said:

The church scene melted her

You know...I'm not complaining much about that scene, but I wonder why the writer just sprung that church scene  as if so far religion/the church had played a role in this drama.

5 minutes ago, cris said:
I would love to have it on video with just the moments of DD,YG and the kids. Just their story. Does anyone in the group know how to do this?

We'd probably had 2 hours at most from the whole 50 eps.

• Like 3