[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

4 hours ago, Lunkera said:

Yep, this writer is trash. 

49 written preview :

Sechan and Sejong are excited about Dandan's interview with a tutor, but YG draws a line with DD saying that even if they meet again, the relationship will only be scarred for the same reason. Soo-cheol pleads with her Anna, who refuses to undergo her surgery, to live for her Dan, and decides to keep her by her side until the end. Meanwhile, YG accepts a date request from Ji-hye, a friend of sophistication, and Dan-dan witnesses it...

So the actress of second husband is here with 4 episodes for the final, i'm disappointed, what?? YG going on a date with another woman? really, I hope DD will want to move on, I would like there to be a time jump for DD

what a pity is that we won't practically have episodes where the lead couple dating, and later try to live together as a couple with the children

• Like 3

@marrez1 Dont know if she is here for all 4. But i also heard korean youtube reviewers talking about a wedding venue. I think its the same hotel where AK had her fashion show. They are currently filming the last episodes so maybe more info will come up. I'll keep seeing what they post on youtube. They also talk about YG mother's wedding ring that he got back now after SaRa mom was arrested. So let's see what happens and if he uses it to propose. I think also he needs JN approval since she was against it in episode 47.

• Like 5

YG rejected DanDan when she applied for the tutor job.  YG selected a fresh new face - the reason of anor actress coming on board in next episode who may try to seduce or con YG. Probably his kids doesn't like the new tutor & are giving alot of problems. Meanwhile, YG is playing hard to get & has great pride & to protect his dignity he stubbornly ignores DanDan until she gets the blessings from her family. Due to pressure from his kids to marry DanDan, YG will give in eventually since DanDan refuses to give up. 

• Like 2

I think the wedding may be true. I think her other dramas have happy ending for the leads although she uses load of drama and makjang elements. I remember Rosy Lovers, we got a short wedding in last episode. I think it will end happily since most people wishes for happy ending for the leads and i've heard alot of koreans are upset at writers outdated view on relationship and marriage. From what i read on naver with google translate.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shahila1978 said:

Yes, KBSWorld on Astro channel, Malaysia. Thanks. Might check it out but I dont think they post the full versionn one there, correct?

KBSWORLD posts the whole episode with Eng subs on YouTube, but it is a bit late. Here is the playlist (in case you miss it on TV), choose "youtube button, down right for the complete videos"

KBS posts short clips immediately on the same day as it is posted live, just a few minutes late, but no subs yet.

The legal way is by subscribing to Viki, it provides subs at the end of the same day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's getting very draggy and boring now....so disappointed with how the storyline goes. It should have been a 30-40 episodes drama. The extra 12-22 episodes are meaningless honestly :surprisedwut:  

The plot keeps going on a circle and circle...with YG and DD getting together then separated then together then separated again....yawn...

I am watching only the last episode just for the sake of it. 

SBS's Friday-Saturday drama, Through the Darkness took the crown for me as 2022's best K-Drama so far with its serious production and gripping storyline.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, jayakris said:

In my opinion, this is the worst-written good drama I have ever watched.  

Once again, I can't stop laughing at this line!  :D Maybe because no matter how irritated I get with the writer and the storyline, I simply cannot stop watching!  It seems I will be faithful until the end.  Thank goodness this weekly self-imposed emotional beating I am inflicting upon myself is almost over! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Seen so many bad dramas over the years. DD and kids make it bearable. Unfortunely this is the writers style, making the leads suffer until the last episodes. I just liked the concept of the drama and now im stuck. The only thing im thinking about during the weekdays is what's gonna happen next and if they will be together happily in the end. I can't focus on any other dramas i want to watch :D . Last time i followed a drama live this intently was years ago watching the daily drama "Only Love" which became so horrible last half but couldn't stop it. Only did it for one couple + one of their parents. So yeah im used to these annoying plots. But still get furious and addicted of it :D . Atleast we had plenty of scenes with the kids in this drama and im looking forward to their works in the future.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Seen so many bad dramas over the years. DD and kids make it bearable. Unfortunely this is the writers style, making the leads suffer until the last episodes. I just liked the concept of the drama and now im stuck. The only thing im thinking about during the weekdays is what's gonna happen next and if they will be together happily in the end. I can't focus on any other dramas i want to watch :D . Last time i followed a drama live this intently was years ago watching the daily drama "Only Love" which became so horrible last half but couldn't stop it. Only did it for one couple + one of their parents. So yeah im used to these annoying plots. But still get furious and addicted of it :D . Atleast we had plenty of scenes with the kids in this drama and im looking forward to their works in the future.

@Lunkera, grateful for your patience in doing the recap of this drama, even though it is painful most of the time. Four more episodes of this cray cray:Megathanks:if it's a happy ending; so be it!! if open ended I really don't care.

Sending positive thoughts to ALL:smiley:

• Like 5

So, I watched the last 2 episodes in one go and gosh, what a waste of 2h30! Only 15-20 minutes worth-airing really.

When YG was reminiscing his lost memory, it was cute and sweet, and I started wondering if it's the same drama I watched back then because all I can remember is the frustration of the memory loss trope.

I'm glad he's regained his memory, but he's even more frustrating. It's no news for him that it was gonna be difficult for their relationship to get blessings, but he's not even trying anymore (ugh! coward).

The whole car accident served no purpose whatsoever, It didn't add anything to the plot, there was no shift in YG and DD relationship. In fact, the accident might not have happened at all. Is that why they added 2 more episodes !?

The hospital scenes were fun to watch, but I didn't enjoy it as much, I was a little sad for DD because I knew his stance.

I agree with him though, she deserves better. I wish she'd just date her sunbae and ciao bye bye YG.

Sa Ra and co., still no words for her, I just hope Se Jeong's birth chapter is closed.

I never thought I'd say that but I found WDR the most entertaining this week. She should've had salt thrown on her as well when she left the house. She was so righteous when she was kicking Sa Ra out that she made me laugh!

• Like 4

I didn't watch Sunday's episode, but...

YG is being so dumb now, I can't defend this story anymore.

I understand (somewhat) the other obstacles in their relationship, what with Crazy Sara and Crazy Stupid Parents interfering constantly, but now this is just perverse.

Oh well. I'm sure the OTP will end up married before (or during?) the last 5 minutes of this show.

This show is the very definition of GOGUMA, which means "sweet potato." It's what people say when something is frustratingly slow, like a lump sweet potato getting caught in your throat. MAJOR GOGUMA!!

No matter what, it's still better than the previous drama, "Revolutionary Sisters," which was worst piece of trash ever. (But I may change my mind by the time the show ends.)

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@chickfactor so that's what it means. seen it several times google translating korean on youtube. do you also have an explanation for cider?

Yes! "Cider" (사이다 = Sa-Ee-Da) is the name of a popular, clear, sweet soda in Korea. (It's similar to Sprite and 7-up.)

To drink it is refreshing! Like, seeing Sara getting kicked out of YG Manor was refreshing! Ahhhh, Cider!

The salt was overkill. But it was pretty funny how Dae-ran specified "굵은소금 (sea salt)." Regular table salt wasn't enough. Like, she needs to cut Sara with chunky salt or something!

I'm glad Sara finally got called out for her insane behavior, but I am sad for the actress for playing such a degrading character, and sad for the rest of us who had to sit through that.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Yes! "Cider" (사이다 = Sa-Ee-Da) is the name of a popular, clear, sweet soda in Korea. (It's similar to Sprite and 7-up.)

To drink it is refreshing! Like, seeing Sara getting kicked out of YG Manor was refreshing! Ahhhh, Cider!

The salt was overkill. But it was pretty funny how Dae-ran specified "굵은소금 (sea salt)." Regular table salt wasn't enough. Like, she needs to cut Sara with chunky salt or something!

I'm glad Sara finally got called out for her insane behavior, but I am sad for the actress for playing such a degrading character, and sad for the rest of us who had to sit through that.

Chilsung Cider is good stuff. I prefer it over 7UP and Sprite. Fun fact: It is the first carbonated soft drink developed domestically in Korea. Cider is to Koreans as Coca Cola is to Americans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lunkera said:

I have the same sentiment with regards to this drama.  Was captivated by how DD and YG relationship will play out that gets me going. But boy or boy...the lost of memories dragged on for so long. Just when they are enjoying their relationship in one episode, the writer kills it off in the next five episodes. It becomes pretty depressing to watch. Worst of all, the kids are not spared from the misery. Really enjoy all the scenes between DD and the kids. 

• Like 2

NEW EVENT- Discover BTS and come fall in love with them!:fullofhearts:

Whether you are a seasoned ARMY member or just a novice who is eager to know more about the phenomenon called BTS that has taken the world with a storm. Discover BTS with our new event and participate in the fun poll. There is something for everyone. :piggydance:

Re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart