[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Hi chingus! I’m soo glad there’s this thread. All alone at my dad’s house and there’s no one here who can relate to any of my speculations! lol

A few thoughts:

- I actually like the setup that there’s Season 2 and how they aired it months after Season 1 and not like only weeks after. Maybe this gives more time for the fans to digest GYJ as the new FL. 

- GYJ is a head-turner indeed! Such powerful visuals. I actually like her in a new character kind of way. Quite a fan of the blender too! *wink! @Ameera Ali 

- Here and there are hints of drought. Hopefully they won’t go the line where Naksu in Buyeon’s body would have no choice but to extract the ice stone from Jang Uk to save Daeho from drought. Jang Uk dies then maybe they will have a daughter so Naksu is killed by Jin Mama too since she’s only looking for an heir. **pure tragedy

Looking forward to Ep. 3 and 4!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I too agree that Naksu and Bu Yeon are still in the same body.

It is so cute they are falling for him all over again. 

Oh my! I love your theory too... This is getting to be such a complicated love story... two women falling for the same man, but only one body is available, and he doesn't know who he's looking for, and talking to, and asking to undress... and two other men (king and Seo Yul) in love with an assassin who was not in her body when they met her, is still not but that body is starting to look like her, but now she is also amnesic! This isn't even a triangle love story. What do we call it? :lol:

• LOL 7

I dunno...after Master Lee straight-up said that Mama Jin had to choose between Buyeon and Naksu's souls, and that the other would have to die...I still feel that Buyeon is 100% dead. Only her body (with its inherent sorcery powers) remains (and it doesn't even look like her anymore). But if this changes, I will admit to you all that I was wrong. :D

However, I will agree that Jin Mu believes he still has a hold over Naksu, and that those bells are likely to make a reappearance. And that he will try to use Naksu to get the ice stone out of Uk (who will want Naksu to take it out, not knowing that she is Naksu. Please find out before it's too late! Please, Hong Sisters, do NOT kill off your main characters this time!) Jin Mu is the villain of the drama, so he will not be going away anytime soon, and likely has some things up his sleeve that our heroes do not anticipate.

@UnniSarahYes, the powers are inherited, that is the reason Mama Jin chose to keep Buyeon's body with Naksu's soul, even though she hates Naksu. Because she basically wants to breed an heir from that body. (I hate this mother so, so much!)

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

Everyone has their own interpretation, but despite a rather risky justification for the change of body, I like this part 2, it's a little darker, on the other hand the new Female lead sometimes has mimics of a child, especially since 'she sometimes looks very young, I know they want to copy Mudeok in part 1, but it doesn't really work

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

In some dramas, the plot is obvious and the enjoyment is watching the characters get there. Even if you know the ending intuitively, it's fun to watch. But you can binge them all on your own. 

The other kind of drama has lots of complicated twists and turns (or possibly plot holes, lol) and those are the most fun to watch in real time when you have a group to discuss and theorize with. This drama definitely falls into this category! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I dunno...after Master Lee straight-up said that Mama Jin had to choose between Buyeon and Naksu's souls, and that the other would have to die...I still feel that Buyeon is 100% dead. Only her body (with its inherent sorcery powers) remains (and it doesn't even look like her anymore). But if this changes, I will admit to you all that I was wrong. :D

However, I will agree that Jin Mu believes he still has a hold over Naksu, and that those bells are likely to make a reappearance. And that he will try to use Naksu to get the ice stone out of Uk (who will want Naksu to take it out, not knowing that she is Naksu. Please find out before it's too late! Please, Hong Sisters, do NOT kill off your main characters this time!) Jin Mu is the villain of the drama, so he will not be going away anytime soon, and likely has some things up his sleeve that our heroes do not anticipate.

@UnniSarahYes, the powers are inherited, that is the reason Mama Jin chose to keep Buyeon's body with Naksu's soul, even though she hates Naksu. Because she basically wants to breed an heir from that body. (I hate this mother so, so much!)

I'm secretly hoping that those bells don't work on Naksu this time, just to see the look on Jin Mu's face.

But I believe those bells will play a major role in returning Naksu's memories so what I hope to see on the next episode is for the bells to open the floodgates of Naksu's memories but Jin Mu will have no control.

I've posted in many forums in the past about my aversion for 3rd wheels, so I'm wondering why Naksu was walking with Yul then saw the Crown Prince in the trailer. We all know Yul liked a young Naksu and it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination for the Crown Prince to be attracted to the present Naksu because in some ways she acts like Mu-Deok.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Ms Koala has a point about Bu Yeon.

https://koalasplayground.com/2022/12/12/alchemy-of-souls-light-and-shadow-episode-2-rises-to-7-743-as-the-narrative-shows-hand-on-the-resurrected-bu-yeons-true-form-and-writes-the-central-conundrum-back-to-the-story/#more-121198

Poor Bu Yeon :criesariver:

On 12/12/2022 at 6:42 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

I wouldn't count on Bu Yeon's demise just yet -

Dongsaeng, as much as I always love your optimism, let’s not forget that the Hong sisters do love killing off female leads in their dramas… 

:crybaby:

23 hours ago, Jtwong27 said:

All I have to say is...hong sisters, please break from your tradition of sad endings and let the 2 main leads have a happy one...

All I have to say is that I still anticipate the ending to look like this:

Naked Gun Panic GIF

or like this:

Flaming On Fire GIF

Can’t decide which scenario is more likely…

Will Smith Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Ms Koala has a point about Bu Yeon.

Noona, I don't think I have ever thanked you for introducing me to Ms Koala, so before I go on - Thank You!  I do enjoy reading her work.

That said, in this instance, she's basing her statements on a false premise ...

( talking about Bu Yeon ) see link to entire article above -

... and then gets her body stolen by assassin Naksu ...

... we like Naksu and she can get whatever happy ending at the expense of Bu Yeon ...

Naksu never stole anything from Bu Yeon, and in point of fact, shoved her aside to look for someone else - It was Bu Yeon that interrupted Naksu's attempt at the Alchemy of Souls, and drew Naksu's souls into herself.  

The entire set of events was set in motion by Bu Yeons intervention not Naksu's action.  This is just one of the reasons why I still believe that Bu Yeon is operating in some detached form or fashion - No matter how good a happy ending this drama might have, its still a failure if the reasoning behind Bu Yeons choice in capturing Naksu's soul is not explained. 

And just to provide a little hope to those that are still rooting for another Bu Yeon appearance, consider this - Bu Yeon has twice broken the Alchemy of Souls rules -

Through out the show we have see 1 person initiate the AoS spell either by soul ejector, or sheer power (Master Lee) and swap souls 1 to 1 - Bu Yeon has ( from a 3rd person position ) interrupted Naksu's 1st attempt & saved Jang Uk.  Her Soul alone is powerful enough to interject herself into the spell. 

And don't count out Master Lee in all this. He has shown on more than one occasion the ability to lie convincingly to serve his agenda - Perhaps he lied to Mama Jin, because he knew she'd kill Naksu in exchange for her daughter - OR - perhaps he did something with Bu Yeons soul with that magical light display when he saved Mu Deoks body.

There is too much that is critical to the base of the story and Bu Yeons choices to simply say "she's done" and thats it.

JMHO

Of course I am forced to also admit that Noona may be right ... I just hope not

3 hours ago, partyon said:

let’s not forget that the Hong sisters do love killing off female leads in their dramas… 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

Some of my fav scenes..

- Yul - ''Uk was the first to recognize her, but I was the first to meet Naksu'' ..Yul, baby, fighting..  :hwaiting2:

-  Park Jin -'' If you remove the ice stone you will die''

Uk - '' At least, I will finally be at peace''..  No, baby.. fighting...

- The bathtub scene when Uk saved Naksu..   :wow1:

He drank the wedding drink after all..   :D

https://koalasplayground.com/2022/12/12/alchemy-of-souls-light-and-shadow-episode-2-rises-to-7-743-as-the-narrative-shows-hand-on-the-resurrected-bu-yeons-true-form-and-writes-the-central-conundrum-back-to-the-story/#more-121198

I read an article from A Koala's Playground for the first time...

I only agree that LJW is excellent in this drama...     :D

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... and then gets her body stolen by assassin Naksu ...

... we like Naksu and she can get whatever happy ending at the expense of Bu Yeon ...

Naksu never stole anything from Bu Yeon, and in point of fact, shoved her aside to look for someone else - It was Bu Yeon that interrupted Naksu's attempt at the Alchemy of Souls, and drew Naksu's souls into herself.  

the scene in the first episode was completely clear...  :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

The poll

Yul cant recognize Naksu.

I think he recognized her but he isnt aware of it yet.

He didnt even recognize her the first time because he had forgotten about those teenage days.

Now he thinks like everyone else that she is dead and thats why he is a little confused.

I want him to fight for Naksu this time..  that would be interesting...  

I already love all the scenes between him and Naksu... 

:heartxoxo:

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Go Yoon Jung Jumps Into Lee Jae Wook’s Arms Like A Flying Squirrel Behind The Scenes Of “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2”

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” has dropped a seven-minute long making-of clip full of romance and action scenes!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls. After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” has returned with Part 2, which is set three years after Part 1.

Spoilers

The behind-the-scenes video kicks off with Lee Jae Wook and Go Yoon Jung filming a scene where their characters encounter each other for the first time. When Lee Jae Wook snatches the poker from Go Yoon Jung’s hand and throws it away, the poker pierces the wall, startling the actors.

vlcsnap-2022-12-13-12h19m12s555-1536x864

Later in the clip, Go Yoon Jung and Lee Jae Wook are filming a scene together. Dressed in beautiful traditional wedding attire, Go Yoon Jung says to Lee Jae Wook, “Let’s go, my darling.” Lee Jae Wook quietly nods, takes her hands, and pulls to embrace her in his arms. After several takes, the actors gather and monitor the scene together. They find that Go Yoon Jung looks as if she is flying into Lee Jae Wook’s arms like a flying squirrel, filling the set with laughter.

vlcsnap-2022-12-13-11h03m43s241-1536x864

Watch the full making-of clip below!

[메이킹] 웃음 넘치는 환혼즈의 케미 가득 담은 비하인드 공개#환혼빛과그림자 EP.2 - YouTube

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls Part 2” airs on December 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Watch: Go Yoon Jung Jumps Into Lee Jae Wook’s Arms Like A Flying Squirrel Behind The Scenes Of “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” | Soompi

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

“There’s no way the two will recognise each other.”

Yet we saw Jang Uk  stopping himself at the bridge and looking towards her there is something that pulls him towards her. 

6ec90cbbec5393b95713ed3067637f4db565924e.gifv
64743c7c70d923517e103b0b372b54b374ce0c86.gifv

------

So far one of funniest takeaways is that whenever Jang Uk kills another soul shifter and has to be rewarded, it basically goes like

Go Won: Ugh, I can’t believe I’m gonna visit Jang Uk again.

Jin Mu: You don’t have to.

Go Won: No, I’m gonna.   :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Another parallel came to mind while working. lol

:hwaiting2:

**Ancestors

Master Seo Gyeong - The most powerful man in Daeho

Jin Seol-ran - The most powerful priestess with Divine powers

*Flashback

Jang Gang - The most powerful man in Daeho

Do-Hwa - The most beautiful woman in Daeho

**Present

Jang Uk - The most powerful man in Daeho

Naksu - Unparalleled beauty as they say

Bu-yeon - The most powerful priestess with Divine powers

Jang Uk is the luckiest after all since he got the prettiest and most powerful all in one! *wink

Both the previous love stories unfortunately did not fall through because of the ice stone. *sobs Crossing my fingers that it will be a happy ending this time!

Dear Hong sisters, please be good to us.  Merry Christmas! *puppy dog eyes

• Like 6

Okay all you Bu Yeon faithful, I'm here to offer even more hope of a return ... prepare yourselves

Go and check any Alchemy of Souls season 2 cast list ... no, not for Jung So Min ... for Yun Hae Bin

This little lady ... she's in every one, listed of course as young Bu Yeon

annie on Twitter: "imagine if jin bu yeon turned out to be jang uk's first  love. do you really think young jang uk did not meet young bu yeon when  they were

Now wrap your heads around this one ... remember all the flashbacks of our boy hero's as children? Bu Yeon hadn't been lost at that time, so she would've been there with them ... what if she had a crush on Jang Uk?

annie on Twitter: "imagine if jin bu yeon turned out to be jang uk's first  love. do you really think young jang uk did not meet young bu yeon when  they were

Suddenly this scene makes a whole lot more sense

I read it online and its chilling in its possibilities ... :lol:

Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by America's Got Talent

• Like 3
  • Blob 3