[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook Breaks Songrim’s Rules To Sneak Out And See Jung So Min In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Even Songrim’s walls can’t contain Lee Jae Wook’s growing feelings for Jung So Min in “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Alchemy of Souls,” Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) turned to Mu Deok (Jung So Min) for guidance on which house he should join. Heeding her advice, he ultimately decided to join Songrim’s educational institution Jeongjingak.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, the smitten Jang Wook misses Mu Deok so badly after entering Jeongjingak that he sneaks out just to see her. But despite Jang Wook going so far as to break Jeongjingak’s rules in order to see Mu Deok, she incidentally happens to be out when he stops by, and he is forced to head back without even catching a glimpse of her face.

Fortunately, however, Mu Deok winds up hearing that Jang Wook came to see her—and in a heartbreaking moment, the two of them stare longingly at each other from afar as Jang Wook drifts away on his boat ride back to Jeongjingak.

Jung-So-Min-2-768x512.jpg

Lee-Jae-Wook-4-768x512.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook-2-1-768x512.jpg

The producers of “Alchemy of Souls” teased, “This scene will become a turning point in the story that causes an explosion of feelings between Jang Wook and Mu Deok that goes beyond just the fluttering of their hearts, and it will lead their relationship to develop further. You can safely look forward to it.”

To find out how the relationship between Jang Wook and Mu Deok evolves after he enters Jeongjingak, catch the next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” on July 16 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Lee Jae Wook Breaks Songrim’s Rules To Sneak Out And See Jung So Min In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 7

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jung So Min Is Determined To Do Whatever It Takes To Be By Lee Jae Wook’s Side In “Alchemy Of Souls”

No one will be able to keep Jung So Min away from Lee Jae Wook in “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

In his rematch with the crown prince Go Won (Shin Seung Ho), Jang Wook succeeded in attacking with a drop of Mu Deok’s (Jung So Min’s) blood. Surprising everyone in Daeho, Jang Wook received many great offers from sorcerers but eventually decided on joining Songrim’s learning institution Jeongjingak.

With all eyes on what Mu Deok will do now that Jang Wook has entered Jeongjingak, the production team shared a preview that shows her fiery determination to join him. In the stills, Mu Deok is competing in the Songrim Servant Contest. Starting with a written test, the participants must show their skills in vegetable chopping and laundry as well as ace a physical fitness test. There are only five spots open, so Mu Deok is eager to fill one of them.

Viewers won’t be able to hold in their laughter as they watch Mu Deok peeking at her competitor’s answer sheet and violently beating the laundry. In another photo, she is running with a heavy crock on her back, and she will pour all her strength and energy into winning the contest.

Alchemy-of-Souls-3-768x512.jpeg

Jung-So-Min-2-768x512.jpeg

Spoiler

Alchemy-of-Souls-4-768x512.jpeg

Jung-So-Min-1-768x512.jpeg

Mu Deok was always with Jang Wook during his growth as a magician. As such, the two have been sticking together like one body and overcoming one crisis after another. Mu Deok will enter the Songrim Servant Contest to be with Jang Wook, and it will be interesting to see if she’ll be able to reunite with him.

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” will air on July 16 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Jung So Min Is Determined To Do Whatever It Takes To Be By Lee Jae Wook’s Side In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 7

Currently watching ep 9. Ahhh! Somehow I thought the queen and the Jin lady were the same person, and I was SO confused. (They really do look similar and the queen was mostly shown in shadows). Now it's clear!

And it looks like we get more on who the original Mudeok really is in this episode, too. Sounds like some theories here were right.

Urrrgh I hate love triangles. Are Uk's defacto "parents" really that blind to overlook his unusual devotion to his maid? Why are they jumping to conclusions about this new girl and Uk? And speaking of love triangles, Naksu, wake up. Yul really likes you, and the more you lead him on...the harder it will hurt in the end. (She really is not in love with him, and seems shocked that he might actually think she is.) I do love their OST, though.

Hopefully the new girl ends up with Yul. I feel sorry for him, but sorry, Yul, you never really had her heart. It has always been Uk.

ETA: They really think Uk is going to keep allllll the rules? How long have they known him? Just saying...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Omo!

Mu Deok is Jin Bu Yeon...right?

And she might be the one who has control of the ice stone a bit too. Wow!

Two souls sharing one body. I cannot wait until both Mu Deok/Jin Bu Yeon & Naksu's powers awakened. She'll be one helluva powerful mage-assassin around, I tell 'ya!

Edited by AlterEgoNo9

So we’re right, that Mu deok/Bu yeom is one people. Her disappearance happened after finding the powerful stone. How she’d lost her memory is still unknown.  Jin Mu mistakenly presume of Bu yeon’s death. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Well well the theory of Mu Deok as Jin daughter is correct. And this point, I can see why real Naksu will be back in part 2 after this episode. Some of the puzzle slowly solved. If Mu Deok regain her memory and magic, she might need to remove Naksu soul at one point.  And of course Jang Uk will be heart broken seeing Naksu no longer in Mu Deok (at one point he could recoginsed who who soul since he attached to her so much).

The battle of Songrim servant will be see  tomorrow. Going to see how CP and Yul helping Mu Deok. The Jin father is the actor in Squid Game right? 

Naksu/MuDeok don't feel anything with Yul and she is only want Jang Uk. Can see how Yul feel sad when MuDeok care so much about Uk. This episode a bit slow today and hope fully tomorrow we see a lot of progress.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

LOL I can’t even with Master Lee and him saying that he doesn’t care for all the alcohol or women but the moment he runs into Jang Wook’s maidservant, he becomes all flustered and nervous :loolz: There’s gonna be a love triangle between her, Master Lee and Park Jin. Also omg any scenes with Park Jin and Maidservant Kim are  HILARIOUS!! The way they were bickering and lowkey throwing shade at each other. Master Heo is right and Jin 진짜 눈치가 없어..in other words, he really doesn’t know how to read the room :joy: Poor guy, he lost Do Hwa to Jang Gang and now he might lose Maidservant Kim to Master Lee LOL

So it seems like this episode further hints that Mu Deok is part of the Jin family since it seems like the friend (that’s looking for Mu Deok) has the eye mask that Cho Yeon’s mother gave to Bu Yeon? I can’t help but think that there is a slight chance that Mu Deok isn’t Bu Yeon and the Hong sisters are falsely leading us to think that but have something else planned for us lol…but at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mu Deok is really Bu Yeon. Actually it seems like Bu Yeon was the one that found the ice stone, so could it be possible that she absorbed the energy for herself? Or somewhere between when Bu Yeon found it, the ice stone split into two? Idk we still have little information about what exactly happened to Bu Yeon after she found the ice stone and how she disappeared, so it’s hard to predict.

Okay who else knew the moment Heo Yun Ok came into the picture that Master Yeo is trying to set his granddaughter up with Jang Wook? I knew that wasn’t the last we would see her.. Looks like Yun Ok will be the 2nd female leadsince it seems like she likes Jang Wook since he saved her. but of course he doesn’t have any interest in herrr because his heart of for Mu Deok!!! Which by the way, Mu Deok now knows that Jang Wook has feelings for her and hopefully knows that hewon’t abandon her that easily? I love how both of them want to be with each other even in Songrim and even though we know Jang Wook’s personality and he would TOTALLY break the rules to see her, he doesn’t do anything and follows the rules to protect her. I’m loving for their moments and interactions. The hug was super cute too… Aw the two of them reminiscing about each other too..

Man we’re not even halfway through this show (If we’re counting part 2) and it just keeps getting better and better. The wait is so hard for this drama… For episode 10, we see in the preview that the Headmaster Jin won’t teach Jang Wook even though he’s in Songrim?? Man how much does Wook have to go through to become a mage. also that scene with Mu Deok and Jang Wook towards the end of the preview, are we potentially getting our first kiss scene?!! this is just me overthinking and just want one but it’s episode 10…halfway through the drama and something interesting always happens in the midpoint of kdramas!!! Let’s see what happens

• Like 6

So Mu-Deok is Bu-Yeon ... we still need to know how she became Mu-Deok, and why does Jin-Mu & the Queen believe so steadfastly that she died?

Speaking of Bu-Yeon, how does Cho-Yeon not say a word when the false Bu-Yeon couldn't open the Jinyowon door but she knows who did open it? ... we didn't even get a flashback :angry:

I realize the "blind" thief may just be a bit part but I hope they give her some substance ... thats Jo Yoo Jung from Business Proposal :lol:

No Chingu GIF - No Chingu - Discover & Share GIFs

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no love triangle between Master Lee -Maidservant Kim - and Park Jin  ... todays exchange was funny but leave it at that ... Park Jin & Maidservant Kim are clearly in love, and having a difficult time as it is getting to the finish line, so again PLEASE don't complicate matters.

I'm glad Mu-Deok was clear with Yul in todays episode, as others have mentioned, hopefully he can begin something with Lady Heo.  I almost feel bad for her, the way Jang Uk is almost cold to her, but its for the best. She seems genuine, and I hope she gets a love interest in one of the other mages.

No Cho Yeon/Dang Gu today ... :cry:

With the preview showing Park Jin having no intention to actually train Jang-Uk, and with our leads still coming to grips with their growing feelings, I think Jang-Uk will leave Songrim and train elsewhere.

The Crown Prince calling the timing of Mu-Deoks arrival was cute :lol: 

Now that Mu-Deok knows with some certainty how Jang-Uk feels about her, can't wait to see them actually together again

Long wait for tomorrows episode :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Also want to note how real life Korean culture seeps in, even though it's an invented world. Jang Uk is basically going into boot camp in his required military service, and can't have contact with the outside world for a time. I am sure many viewers can relate, whichever side of that boundary they have been on!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Kind of a slow episode but we finally got a little background on real mudeok I hope it continues now and we can piece more of her story together! 

I wonder if jin Mu made that fake blind girl to come to daeho or she just came on her own cause she was looking for mudeok for whatever reason! If not its more then likely he'll present her as buyeon! But if they touch the jin wall it won't open so I wonder whatll happen next or if she'll stay in the drama for longer?

Or it will speed up the jin mum finding out mudeok is her daughter buyeon? They can't be adding more characters and the episodes being slow and not moving much of the plot along lol. 

Some scenes they unnecessarily prolong and it's kinda annoying! 

I kinda cba with the love story in this I'd rather it stay in the background as much as it can and have the mysteries and the action at the forefront! 

Stop with the mudeok seo yul you're just gunna give the poor guy another heartbreak :criesariver:. Move onto the heo's granddaughter or something lol and yes please don't add another bloody love triangle! This drama is just love triangles galore and it's just gunna end up taking valuable screen space of actual good scenes! I can do without love scenes and also less without the maidservant kim and the leader dude who is kinda annoying!!

Next episode hopefully mudeok and fake blind girl can meet I hate hit and miss type nonsense.

So once mudeok becomes a servant in songrim and then jang uk is allowed out is she just gunna quit her job there after all that lol 

Sunday's ep looks like it's gunna be similar to today's.

Today may have been my least favourite episode. I really need naksu/mudeok to get her energy and strength back. Right now with the souls in 1 body both souls are kind of useless! This timid type is gunna gradually annoy me regardless of jsm being one of my fav actors. I really hope they won't wait till the last episode for her to get her full strength back.

Basically half way through the drama and ain't RickRoll'D happened apart from jang uk gaining strength and mastering tansu and ryusu etc. More training for him so when will they go after danju etc?? 

Also the promise jang uk just made to master heo makes it seem like foreshadowing of him making his granddaughter and Jang uk marry so that's another episode or 2 wasted on nonsense!! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

With this He granddaughter, so many love triangles here. Ok i know in real life, maybe some people love you and you didnt know.  Sometimes love triangle is good, for some developement and some issues and trust but too many love triangle with same people is not good.

Mudeok is really  Bu-Yeon ? ! i hope that she wil be able to return in her family but i think it risks for her

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

So Mu Deok is Jin Ho-kyung’s lost daughter.  A powerful sorcerer that was even able to locate the ice stone. The way she could detect energy was like no other. This is why the secret door in Jinyowon opened up to her and why her soul can enter the limbo space during Alchemy of souls ritual. Technically Mu Deok energy is helping Naksu soul not to run wild as their souls is cohabiting in one body.
Moving on, it seems like this friend of Mu-deok’s is soon going to be targeted by Jin Mu, she’s walking the city with that blindfold she has been carrying, and can be easily spotted. 

Watching the drama sometimes i’ve seen there’s a difference with Jang Uk’s manner of speakings (with Mu Deok and with Naksu). 
I have the same observation with Mu Deok’s manner of speaking as a servant and as his master when they’re alone and no one’s looking. Maybe there is, we can never tell.

Edited by iamsherry
Font size
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

Okay so let me organize my thoughts.

I think the newly added mudeok's old friend(?) is going to be here for a while. With her holding the jin family crest, no doubt she'll draw the possibility that mudeok is buyeon (that or like someone's said here previously, jinmu will do that for her). Depending on where her moral compass leans, this could either drag the plot, or speed things up.

(This part came from the preview of eps 10) Janguk will quickly realize that his admission to songrim won't help him reach his goal, so he would either keep breaking rules or even tried to get himself expelled. There is no incentives for him to stay as he holds no sentimental value towards his legacy, nor to anyone who has chosen to remain as bystander while he was struggling as powerless kid. Even so, park jin won't let him off that easy since we know that his goal is to keep him out of trouble.

A small scenario that i have in mind since park jin will start suspecting mudeok, janguk will come up front declaring that he loves mudeok and therefore not willing to be separated from her. This will create a situation where they ended up in fake relationship and confusion to both of them as they keep questioning whether the other actually in love or just pretending (my, i should start writing fanfic with how my imagination is running wild).

Now that we for sure know that mudeok is buyeon, and that she's the only one who was able to find the ice stone, i think i get why jsm commitment to the 2nd part will be a big spoiler. We could have a scenario with naksu remaining in buyeon's body forever, creating a situation where janguk would end up with naksu and ALSO being a jin family son in law (its a stretch, but we'll never know with hong sister *shrughs*). If jsm ended up not commiting back, then naksu will be back in her own body, while buyeon will remain as a plot device whose sacrifice will help the greater good or whatever

At this point, everyone being in love with jang uk and mudeok is a good thing, more power to these two as this will make sure they will get help whenever they need it, i think.

Also, dousing myself in spoiler is not a good thing as i just ended up with more headache and less enjoyment while watching the actual show. I guess that's just how instant gratification works. *sighs*

Edited by SleepyKitty

Here is the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Remain No. 1 As “Cleaning Up” And “Becoming Witch” Ratings Fall To All-Time Lows

Meanwhile, after returning to its all-time high in viewership with its previous episode last week, tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” saw a decline in its ratings for its latest episode. However, the fantasy romance drama still managed to defend its position at first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent.

“Alchemy of Souls” also remained first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 3.4 percent.

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Remain No. 1 As “Cleaning Up” And “Becoming Witch” Ratings Fall To All-Time Lows | Soompi

• Like 4

Hi all

Just to give my 2 cents worth after watching till ep 9:

1. Jang Uk is in love w Naksu (soul), so doesnt matter which body she is in - ideal scenario

2. Naksu and Mudeok are sharing same body, Mudeok (aka Bu Yeon) is in the background and suppressing Naksu from running wild coz Naksu yet to regain her powers. Mudeok could stop Jang Uk from exchanging souls w Gil Joo coz Naksu hugged Jang Uk when it happened, so the souls met? - wild guess.

3. Jang Gang was seen sobbing over Naksu's father stone body (in ep 9) - this sounds ridiculous but could it be Naksu's father shifted souls with Jang Gang's wife before she died (it wasnt clear when and how she died after giving birth or did i miss it?). So Jang Gang in despair sealed the ice stone in the lake. 

4. Jin Mu took Bu Yeon to the lake to unseal the ice stone and he pushed her into the lake to snatch the ice stone ( we see in ep 9 a dark figure holding the ice stone after Bu Yeon disappeared from the boat) and assumed she was dead. Bu Yeon survived but lost her memory and became Mu Deok. As she still have her sensing powers, she was drawn to Naksu when she was performing the soul shifting. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I realize the "blind" thief may just be a bit part but I hope they give her some substance ... thats Jo Yoo Jung from Business Proposal :lol:

she made her appearance well here in Alchemy too!

i was wondering, that face behind the blindfold looks strikingly familiar.. i have no chingu? and BAM! it's her lol

Evil Laugh Reaction GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

and Master Heo is so funny.. i didn't expect his initial intention was to matchmake Do Hwa with Park Jin.. and he obviously see through what's going on between Park Jin and Maidservant Kim

and Teacher Lee.. the bgm on the bridge with Maidservant Kim was epic..!!

so now we know, chaste tea only works as a suppressor.. even for a > 100yo man

Evil Laugh Creepy Smile GIF

i'm still hoping Heo Yun Ok ends up with crown prince.. although, the no-chingu seems like a potential match too since both are equally funny!

==

i feel so sad for Seo Yul.. i don't think its possible for him with Naksu anymore..

maybe, Bu Yeon.. as in the real Bu Yeon?

==

cr.: owner

i think that's the leaflet of songrim hiring servants in the rock, not a love letter lol

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I hope we don't have anymore love triangle between Naksu-Bu Yeon. Bu Yeon suppose to head the Jin family right? Clearly the one who save Uk from shifting soul is Bu Yeon. Mu Deok even she is  Bu Yeon she is currently has no memory and her energy is low right. Once Lady Jin know that Mu Deok is Bu Yeon and now she is not blind definitely they will try to remove Naksu soul. 

Knowing Hong sisters has killed female lead before in Hwayugi, probably Bu Yeon-Mu Deok will sacrifice herself again to save the world. As we can see the opening in the drama showing back of Naksu performing Tansu and this might give a clue why she is alos strong when there is a lake and Bu Yeon I suspect also fall into the lake when she was in the boat with Jin Mu. The question is who is saving her when she is drowning?

About the hair style Mu Deok hair style start slowing turning into Naksu hair style and usually the right side flip meaning she is open to relationship (typical Korean drama troupe). Naksu-MuDeok is to attach with Uk because he is the only one willing to do everything to her and don't want to left her behind. Yul-Naksu is just puppy love and the hatred is stronger when Naksu discover Yul background. But with Uk, even Naksu-MuDeok threatened Uk to kill him off after she getting her energy back, but Uk didn't back off and stick with Naksu (he even refused Master Lee as his teacher, only want Naksu-MuDeok). Both of them are orphans and it seem that they are are meant for each other (being treat harshly, unloved, try to gain attention etc). Both of them has unique relationship but Bu Yeon has her own family. I don't know maybe Bu Yeon-MuDeok will end up with Sol?? I'm with @sadthe1st for Bu Yeon-Sol

• Like 4
  • Blob 1