[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

50 minutes ago, Anabea said:

Eps. 2 so damn good.... Not boring at all...

i felt the same...I  just love this OTP...I hope they'll have a happy end...so the demon wants her eyes...only Ha Ram love will be able to control the evil demon and save her...i can't wait for ep 3

• Like 7
  • Love 1

:heart:

Love this Sageuk drama, oh Look at those male actors here all of them are Areumdaun:blush:

Oh my Ahn Yeon Seop (Nam Joo Hyuk look-alike) his red eyes and with his deep husky voice, sooo sexy ya! I was wondering what kind of vegetable oil Director put on him during his topless exercise gym in ep 2, Kyaaaa.. His skin is so shinny, it also blinded my visions. *:glasses:

Our lovely Chong Gi, wow she's a painter here. She used to be a eunuch you know (LOL @ another drama). The story is so sweet, I cannot imagine the scene when Chong Gi has to give her eyes back to Ha Ram.

I Cannot wait for ep 3, it's Daebaak!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, anjuliet said:

I better do some catching up and see what this is all about. :flushed:

I would love to know WHAT THIS ALL ABOUT , is it a new sexy way of intriguing someone  :mrgreen:

# who are you :D

j1BzYGG.gif

** he can’t know who she is until he at top of her ( it’s make a 100% sense :sweat_smile: ) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

img.gif

:allgoodlol:

“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Takes No. 1 In Its Time Slot As Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Takes No. 1 In Its Time Slot As Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

Aug 31, 2021
by C. Hong

SBS’s new drama “Lovers of the Red Sky” has established itself as a new leader among Monday-Tuesday evening dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 31 episode of “Lovers of the Red Sky” recorded average nationwide ratings of 8.8 percent. This is a 2.2 percent increase from its premiere ratings of 6.6 percent the night before.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1486565wpp/lovers-of-the-red-sky-takes-no-1-in-its-time-slot-as-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

You can expect the normal palace intrigues inherent in sageuk dramas. But its the fantasy part of the story that makes this a very interesting story. You can see plenty of veteran actors in this drama, most of them playing the same characters: court ministers, yangbans, peasants. I've seen the actress playing the shaman/priestess portray the same character in a few sageuks. Talk about being typecast...LOL.

Kwak Si Yang is outright the baddie as Grand Prince Juhyang, He has embodied the character of a restrained power-hungry prince who is working in the shadows with an amiable yet sinister aura. The way he looks and laughs tell you that he is always sizing up the person in front of him.

Ahn Hyo Seop's Ha Ram is mysterious. We haven't seen much of his true character yet, but I guess it will change now that the demon is awake. But who actually ordered the killing of his father, not once but twice? The same soldier who ruined the father's right arm after sealing the demon in the king's portrait and the rain ritual told him he was following the king's orders. But the king seems to be very apologetic to the father, and had the priestess arrested when he learned the rain divination involves sacrificing a young person's life.

Kim Yoo Jung as Hong Cheon Ki fits the character description to a T. As a senior when it comes to sageuk dramas, the role comes naturally to her. She's got that effervescent, cheerful, irreverent, and feisty character down pat. Like Ha Ram, life will change for the optimistic and loving daughter and artist as the demon now knows where his eyes are.

Will her father's sanity be restored? Will the king be able to seal the demon back into the former king's portrait? There was mention that they need portrait painters, with the names of the two original painters, one of which is Cheon Ki's father, mentioned. 

The young prince Juhyang heard the devil calling him when he and prince Anpyeong went to the temple where the former king's portrait was sealed. But I did not see or hear a voice telling him to remove the talisman, open the door of the box sealing the image, and burn the portrait. I only heard him say that the seat (throne) should be his several times. He was not even shocked or afraid when black smoke, which is different from the smoke from the burning portrait, came out.

Anyway, episodes 1 and 2 were daebak. I like the fact that it is only 16 episodes so the story telling will be tighter. Also appreciate that episode one set the tone early and did not spend too much time introducing all the characters. The key characters and some of their motivations and intentions are already shown somehow, except for the role that Prince Anpyeong will play later, as he's a patron of the arts, aside from falling for Cheon Ki.

But one scene I find funny is when they went to steal peaches. Peach trees in full bloom showing mature fruits! Two seasons in one, lol. Peach trees bloom in the spring. After pollination, the flowers will become fruits that will grow and ripen 3 to 4 months later. Also, typically, the trees with fruits will have leaves. Oh well... maybe its part of the fantasy. It looks good on screen, though...

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, reddragon said:

You can expect the normal palace intrigues inherent in sageuk dramas. But its the fantasy part of the story that makes this a very interesting story. You can see plenty of veteran actors in this drama, most of them playing the same characters: court ministers, yangbans, peasants. I've seen the actress playing the shaman/priestess portray the same character in a few sageuks. Talk about being typecast...LOL.

Kwak Si Yang is outright the baddie as Grand Prince Juhyang, He has embodied the character of a restrained power-hungry prince who is working in the shadows with an amiable yet sinister aura. The way he looks and laughs tell you that he is always sizing up the person in front of him.

Ahn Hyo Seop's Ha Ram is mysterious. We haven't seen much of his true character yet, but I guess it will change now that the demon is awake. But who actually ordered the killing of his father, not once but twice? The same soldier who ruined the father's right arm after sealing the demon in the king's portrait and the rain ritual told him he was following the king's orders. But the king seems to be very apologetic to the father, and had the priestess arrested when he learned the rain divination involves sacrificing a young person's life.

Kim Yoo Jung as Hong Cheon Ki fits the character description to a T. As a senior when it comes to sageuk dramas, the role comes naturally to her. She's got that effervescent, cheerful, irreverent, and feisty character down pat. Like Ha Ram, life will change for the optimistic and loving daughter and artist as the demon now knows where his eyes are.

Will her father's sanity be restored? Will the king be able to seal the demon back into the former king's portrait? There was mention that they need portrait painters, with the names of the two original painters, one of which is Cheon Ki's father, mentioned. 

The young prince Juhyang heard the devil calling him when he and prince Anpyeong went to the temple where the former king's portrait was sealed. But I did not see or hear a voice telling him to remove the talisman, open the door of the box sealing the image, and burn the portrait. I only heard him say that the seat (throne) should be his several times. He was not even shocked or afraid when black smoke, which is different from the smoke from the burning portrait, came out.

Anyway, episodes 1 and 2 were daebak. I like the fact that it is only 16 episodes so the story telling will be tighter. Also appreciate that episode one set the tone early and did not spend too much time introducing all the characters. The key characters and some of their motivations and intentions are already shown somehow, except for the role that Prince Anpyeong will play later, as he's a patron of the arts, aside from falling for Cheon Ki.

But one scene I find funny is when they went to steal peaches. Peach trees in full bloom showing mature fruits! Two seasons in one, lol. Peach trees bloom in the spring. After pollination, the flowers will become fruits that will grow and ripen 3 to 4 months later. Also, typically, the trees with fruits will have leaves. Oh well... maybe its part of the fantasy. It looks good on screen, though...

You're right about the peach tree... Hahaha.. 

• Like 7

Episode 1

I can’t say I loved the episode, but I liked it. Episode one made me feel so nit-picky, it just felt like small things that held it back from being a 10 of 10.

The good:

It looks gorgeous and I really liked how they built up the story. The costumes and the colouring is just awesome. I really loved how everything wasn’t perfect. Like hats being placed awkwardly or clothes being a bit ruffled or out of sort.

The “bad”:

I wish they wouldn’t have had does typical “romantic” shots with Cheon Gi and Ha Ram, it felt really unnecessary. Also it o´bothered me a little how in the end of the offering scene they used voice over to a colash of scenes, it got very manga/webtoon like. Although if that is what they went for they succeeded.

Because it is a fantasy story I didn’t mind the CGI, except when it came to the wolves where it did bother me some.

Episode 2

Loved it Loved it Loved it :heart2beat:I have nothing but positivity for the second episode.  Only complaint is that I want the 3 episode right away.

i want it gifs | WiffleGif

5 hours ago, reddragon said:

(sorry for cutting your post) :lol: yea in fantasy land anything is possible. To be honest I didn't even mind the strangeness of it because it was just such a pretty sight. :blush:

• Like 6

https://zapzee.net/2021/09/01/lovers-of-the-red-sky-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-becoming-the-new-leading-mon-tues-drama/
‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ Premieres To No. 1 Ratings Becoming the New Leading Mon-Tues Drama

by Munjeong Jung

spacer.png
Credit: SBS

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of Lovers of the Red Sky, which aired on the 31st, received average national ratings of 8.8 percent.

This is a 2.2 percent increase from the previous night’s premiere ratings of 6.6 percent, outdoing the ratings from the last episode of KBS’s Police University by 1.7 percent, which saw 7.1 percent.

The second episode starts nineteen years later. Hong Chun Gi became the only female painter in the Baekyu painters’ group with her brilliant painting skills and stunning beauty. And, Haram began to pursue his career as an astrologist at Seomunkwan. After taking a park in the rain ritual, his eye turned red and became the target of the villager’s hatred.

Hong Chun Gi had a surprising reunion with Haram inside a carriage when she was hiding from Jung Soennae of Wolsungdang after making an act of small revenge to whom she was fooled. Although they didn’t recognize him at first sight, they were drawn to each other by their fate.

However, their encounter unleashed the monster that had been trapped in Haram’s body. The episode ended with the devil seeking to take his stolen eyes back from Hong Chun Gi and heightened the viewer’s expectation for the next episode.

Source (1, 2)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles regarding K-Drama, K-Pop, K-Movie and more as quickly as I can.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

How's the feedback from koreans so far? I think international viewers are welcoming this drama especially those who watch fantasy dramas from other countries. I can read some who have read the book didn't expect how the story goes. 

2 minutes ago, poppysmic said:

How's the feedback from koreans so far? I think international viewers are welcoming this drama especially those who watch fantasy dramas from other countries. I can read some who have read the book didn't expect how the story goes. 

I am still processing it since I am new to this Fantasy-Sageuk genre. The only fantasy drama I have seen was Goblin and it was fun! Tried watching Nine-tailed fox but had to drop it.

So far, with 2 episodes of Lovers in the Red Sky, I am having fun watching it. The narration was fast paced actually. Maybe because since they want to introduce all of the characters at once that's why I felt the transitions of the scenes were too fast. So I need to rewatch these 2 episodes for me to process what happened. I am not complaining though hahaha

• Like 6

Wow, finished episode 1-2 and drama DOES NOT disappoint!! So Ha Ram has Ma Wang inside of him but isn’t aware of it quite yet… Ha Ram is blind because the good god took away Ma Wang’s eyes and gave it to Hong Cheon Gi. Ah man, I’m sensing some sacrifice or some kind of tragedy by the end of the drama..

Like many of you guys, I really like our OTP so far. You know, the whole knowing each other she younger cliche can get overused some times but I actually really like how they set it up here! Plus the fantasy element to it makes it a bonus too. We first see Ha Ram looking at Hong Cheon Ki when she was blind but now we’ll see Hong Cheon Ki fall for Ha Ram when he’s blind. Oh man I can’t wait for them to find out who each other truly is! Looks like Hong Cheon Ki is looking for Ha Ram too, seeing as she has the bandana cloth stillz

Also I can’t decide which one of our two main leads has a tragic past.. Hong Cheon Ki with taking care of her cursed father and having some hope to heal him or Ha Ram with losing his parents and light when he was young… Both of their pasts are pretty tragic

Anyways super excited to see what is in stored for this drama! I can’t wait

• Like 16