[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

Loved episode 3 as well, I am  looking forward to our two leads figuring out that they knew each other when they were kids as well. Yeah  Ha Ram does say that Hong Cheon Ki has the same name as the girl he met when he was younger, but not sure if he'll realize that it's her also. I'm also really loving the interactions between Ha Ram and Hong Cheon Ki. 

• Like 8

I love this drama as well. I thought the special effect was pretty good for TV and the leads have great chemistry so far. Ep 3 was a bit slower compared to the first two but was still so sweet. I love OTP interactions. Hopefully we'll get less flashback in future episodes and a bit more background on Ha Ram. They did a good job introducing Hong Cheon-ki to the audience but Ha Ram is still a bit of a mystery. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, ferily said:

Me: Patiently waiting for this scene to happen in the drama

I was wondering if she did that to him as a child?  We were shown CG as a blind girl fingering the boy HR’s face.  Then she tip toed…and…kkeut:lol:.  We are not shown.   Boy HR looked flustered and dropped the bag.  So…question is…did she or didn’t she?  :lol:

I am loving this show so far.  World building is good and story flows.

• Like 7

[Episode 4 preview] Beginning of a triangle!? Prince Yang Myung runs to Hong Cheonki!  Haram watching this #Hongcheonki #Redsky|SBSNOW

OTP’s official name: HaHong Couple
spacer.png

Spoiler

Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [1st Week of September, 2021]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from August 30 to September 5 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on September 6.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 1st Week of September:
1. SBS’s “Penthouse 3” - 21.50% (+1)
2. SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” - 20.69% (NEW)
3. tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” - 17.89% (0)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 1st Week of September:
1. tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” - Kim Seon-ho (0)
2. tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” - Shin Min-ah (0)
3. SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” - Ahn Hyo-seop (NEW)
4. SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” - Kim Yoo-Jung (NEW)

Spoiler

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487596wpp/kim-yoo-jung-has-contrasting-encounters-with-her-2-love-interests-in-lovers-of-the-red-sky
Kim Yoo Jung Has Contrasting Encounters With Her 2 Love Interests In “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

by L. Kim | Sep 7, 2021

Spoiler

spacer.png

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” has released new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Lovers of the Red Sky” is a fantasy historical drama about the world of humans caught between demons, evil forces, and gods. Kim Yoo Jung stars as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, and Ahn Hyo Seop stars as Ha Ram, a blind astrologer. Gong Myung plays Prince Yangmyeong, a romanticist and free spirit.

Spoilers

Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram have been connected by fate since they were children. Ha Ram lost his sight and his eyes turned red when Ma Wang, the god of death, was sealed inside him. To rob Ma Wang of his powers, Ha Ram’s eyesight was given to Hong Chun Gi instead, who was born blind. Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram reunited as adults, but unfortunately, they haven’t recognized each other yet.

In the new stills, Ha Ram and Hong Chun Gi lock eyes in a beautiful garden with red autumn leaves. Ha Ram is standing in the pavilion and keeping his gaze downwards where Hong Chun Gi is standing. Hong Chung Gi seems frozen in time as she stares up at the astrologer.

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

One photo depicts the moment when Ha Ram catches Hong Chun Gi to keep her from falling over. Hong Chun Gi’s eyes are wide open in shock, and viewers are already eager to find out more about this scene. In addition, Hong Chun Gi raises questions with her vivid and elegant hanbok (traditional clothing) that is very different from what she usually wears.

spacer.png

The drama also shared stills of Hong Chun Gi and Prince Yangmyeong’s first meeting!

The two meet at the place where Hong Chun Gi is nursing Ha Ram. Prince Yangmyeong is posing coolly with a feet on the wooden bench. His expression is solemn, and he squares his shoulders in an attempt to look like “the prince of this country.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

However, Hong Chun Gi doesn’t seem impressed at all. She eyes his shabby appearance in disbelief, and her hands are settled on her hips as if she doesn’t trust him. When Prince Yangmyeong tries to enter the house, Hong Chun Gi boldly blocks his path to protect Ha Ram. Prince Yangmyeong looks flustered, as if he never expected anyone to dare stop him, and it will be exciting to see their bickering chemistry on the small screen.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

The next episode of “Lovers of the Red Sky” will air on September 7 at 10 p.m. KST.

Sources (1) (2)

• Like 8

Hongcheonki OST Part.2 'Solar [Mamamoo] - Always, be with you Music Video' #Hongcheonki #Redsky|SBSNOW

-

http://www.bbangyanews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=5501
MAMAMOO's Solar "Lovers of the Red Sky" OST Part.2 "Always, be with you" is released on the 6th

By Reporter Nang | 2021.09.07

• [BBANGYA NEWS | Reporter Nang] Mamamoo's Solar will be the second runner for "Lovers of the Red Sky" OST.

spacer.png

Solar, the main vocalist of talented group Mamamoo, will participate in the song "Always, be with you,", adding her own sweet voice to the drama.

"Lovers of the Red Sky" is a fantasy romance between Hong Cheon-gi (played by Kim Yoo-jung), a female painter with divine power, and Haram (played by Ahn Hyo-seop), a man with red eyes who reads the constellation of the sky.  

"Lovers of the Red Sky" OST Part.2 "Always, be with you" is a ballad song that expresses a woman's affection for a man. The lyrics are beautiful, expressing the message of deep desire not to pass by like fate. In addition to Solar's appealing voice, the team "AIM STRINGS" highlighted the orchestra string that warmly covers the entire music. Composition and lyrics were composed by AIMING, a producing team that produced numerous hit songs and artists such as MC The Max, Lim Chang-jung, Monday Kids, Noel, Baekhyun, Davichi, and Gummy, enhancing the song's completeness.

Meanwhile, SBS' "Lovers of the Red Sky" OST Part.2 Solar's "Always, be with you" will be released on each music site at 6 p.m. on September 6.

-

https://popgasa.com/2021/09/07/solar-mamamoo-i-am-you-and-you-were-me-나는-그대고-그대는-나였다-lovers-of-the-red-sky-ost-part-2/
SOLAR (MAMAMOO) – I AM YOU AND YOU WERE ME (나는 그대고 그대는 나였다) LOVERS OF THE RED SKY OST PART 2

Can you see my heart for you?
Like destiny, I can’t leave you
I’m still this way, can you hold me?
I’m waiting, only for you

I am you and you were me
I love you, I love you, my one and only
Like the passing wind, I hope we don’t just pass by
I’m right here

Do you know? Your look toward me
Is shining like the stars that I can’t reach
If only you could open your eyes and realize I’m here
I’m only remembering you

I am you and you were me
I love you, I love you, my one and only
Like the passing wind, I hope we don’t just pass by
I’m right here

I’m afraid this is all a dream if I open myeyes
Do you know how I love you?
You can deny it, try to push me away

But it was you, it was you
My one and only
Like the passing destiny, I hope we don’t just pass by
I’m right here

• Like 4

The third episode was quite slow compared to the previous 2 so I can understand why the ratings went low.. although a new drama started and the first of the 2 eps are usually lower in ratings anyway. 

Loved the the parts with ma Wang and ho ryeong and all the fights. Although because hcg didn't see anything it lacked some impact for me but it's probably too early for her to see them..

I feel like some scenes they've just added here and there to make up the episode so the editing seems rather weird. Seemed like a filler ish episode.

Loved the interactions of hcg and gyeonju deuk want more of such scenes they were cute!! 

Can't wait for the bickering of hcg and the crown prince though that looks fun!!

Looking forward to tonight's episode And more ha ram and hong chun gi!!!

@ferily can't lie when I saw that clip of ha ram kissing hcg it looked quite weird I think ha rams hand placement and arm movement make it look awkward or its the angle which isn't too good!!

Looking forward to that scene nonetheless!! :bashful::wut::highonflowers:

Also am I the only one not liking the clips they're giving out before the ep airs?? I just feel like it loses its impact when you watch it within the full episode!?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

@ferily can't lie when I saw that clip of ha ram kissing hcg it looked quite weird I think ha rams hand placement and arm movement make it look awkward or its the angle which isn't too good!!

Looking forward to that scene nonetheless!! 

Also am I the only one not liking the clips they're giving out before the ep airs?? I just feel like it loses its impact when you watch it within the full episode!?

and @ferily well he can't see.. so it would be blissfully awkward to have your first kiss.. especially when you are leading the kiss and can't see what you are doing. I actually wouldn't mind if it turns into an epic failure. :lol:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Yuui said:

and @ferily well he can't see.. so it would be blissfully awkward to have your first kiss.. especially when you are leading the kiss and can't see what you are doing. I actually wouldn't mind if it turns into an epic failure. :lol:

I forget he can't see lmao even though its the main theme and blaringly obvious:lol: :crazymad: or its a dream??! Hopefully not lol

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Hmm saw ep3... half of ep3 focused too much on the devil destruction. It could have killed easily, so much effort to kill those humans when we want to see more plot of the drama moving.... sigh..

So Ha Ram is the country's richest man? How did he get to be that, being blind and all... 

We all wanna know how both of them knows that they were childhood ^friend^.

And where the heck did Ma Wang went to? It was still inside Ha ram's body so what does it take for it to come out? Night time? Hmm

• Like 3

@realistic2280a The demon did say in the beginning of episode 3 "You made a mistake, Ha Ram. You left the palace on such a ominous night." (It is the night of the winter solstice.)

Also the they are talking about them being outside of the barrier of the Tiger spirits domain, which makes me think the palace and the mountain is inside the barrier.

So Ha Ram being outside of the barrier on winter solstice is what makes it possible for the demon to take control of Ha Ram. But when the sunrises for a new day, the butterfly on Ha Rams neck appears again and the demon loses the control of Ha Ram.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, Yuui said:

@realistic2280a The demon did say in the beginning of episode 3 "You made a mistake, Ha Ram. You left the palace on such a ominous night." (It is the night of the winter solstice.)

Also the they are talking about them being outside of the barrier of the Tiger spirits domain, which makes me think the palace and the mountain is inside the barrier.

So Ha Ram being outside of the barrier on winter solstice is what makes it possible for the demon to take control of Ha Ram. But when the sunrises for a new day, the butterfly on Ha Rams neck appears again and the demon loses the control of Ha Ram.

Ah i see.. that's good to know then...coz it wasnt obvious... 

Did the butterfly appeared?? I need to rewatch the episode again.. thanks for the insights that i missed...:lol:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Ah i see.. that's good to know then...coz it wasnt obvious... 

Did the butterfly appeared?? I nees to rewatch the episode again.. thanks for the insights that i missed...:lol:

Not sure about the sunrise, but the butterfly do appear again. :)

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

I am in love with ha ram and hong chungi ep 4 has just confirmed it!  The expression ha ram gives everytime hcg was talking to the grand Prince etc are just too good! I don’t even know what else to say about episode 4 lol my mind is still stuck on all the HaHong interactions!! Ep 4 is much better than episode 3 though that's for sure!

The painters gathering thing has dragged on abit I was hoping for it to occur in ep4 itself but they were still preparing for the competition! Then we can definitely say lovers of the red sky has started! Hong cheon gi the first female painter!!

So many things and mysteries still yet to be unraveled and 4 eps have already gone by!! I feel like I've seen nothing at all lmao :saitama:

Also is that green eyed dude a bad guy or a good guy? He's the same one that helped hcg's dad with the Kings painting right? He seems an interesting character can't wait to see more of him as well and why he's back after all these years! 

Can't wait for episodes 5 and 6:luvarrow::sparklyeyes:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Mymindisblank episode 4 really is a great, but yea it is an episode where nothing actually happens.:lol: 

Spoiler

well Ha Ram figuring out whom Cheon Gi is, is quite interesting ...him playing the hero and all. Would though have been nice is Cheon Gi could solve the problem on her own. 

N9pgcYN.gif

I wish this scene just would keep on going, it was so pretty :wub: 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

me too...i loved ep 3 and 4...this otp is so sweet...i can't wait for him to realize she is the same Cheon Gi from 19 years ago and for her to realize who he is too

Yess!! But I wonder which identity she will find out first him being ha ram or him being that il wol sung! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1