[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

00b41f6b6a954430b1bc9c2855518e60.jpeg?s=

Watch: Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop’s Fates Are Entangled In New Teaser For “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Aug 13, 2021

by E. Cha

SBS has shared an intriguing new teaser for its upcoming drama “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

Based on the novel of the same name by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also famously been adapted into hit dramas, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era.

Kim Yoo Jung will star as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight. Gong Myung will star as the romantic and lonely Prince Yangmyung, while Kwak Si Yang will play the cruel and ambitious Prince Joohyang.

In the newly released teaser, Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram keep running into each other inadvertently. Ha Ram remarks, “Yesterday, by chance, I met a girl who smelled strongly of ink in the palanquin.” Meanwhile, Hong Chun Gi describes Ha Ram as “a man who fell from the sky and then suddenly fell unconscious.” Hovering over him, she cautiously asks him to open his eyes, to which he responds by unexpectedly pinning her to the floor.

As the caption teases that the two characters are “intertwined by a mysterious fate,” Ha Ram wonders, “Can this be called a simple coincidence? My lost memories, and the fact that I met a girl who resembles her? What is the meaning of this?”

After the teaser jumps to a flashback of the two characters as children, Hong Chun Gi says in voice-over, “If we end up meeting again by chance, then I want to try drawing his face no matter what.”

The clip ends with a cute scene in which Ha Ram asks Hong Chun Gi for her name. As Hong Chun Gi shyly stammers out her reply, Ha Ram cuts in to ask, “Hong Hong Hong? Your name is really Hong Hong Hong?” She then clarifies, “My name is Hong Chun Gi.”

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483591wpp/watch-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seops-fates-are-entangled-in-new-teaser-for-lovers-of-the-red-sky

• Like 9

b50492fbd7794b1e8e847c0907e9de2e.jpeg?s=

“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Introduces The Drama’s Stellar Supporting Cast Lineup

Aug 18, 2021

by C. Hong

Although SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” has garnered a lot of attention for its lead actors, the drama also boasts an amazing supporting cast!

Based on the novel by Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also been adapted into hit dramas, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance set in the Joseon era. Kim Yoo Jung stars as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains her sight. Ahn Hyo Seop stars as Ha Ram, a blind astrologer who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

Gong Myung and Kwak Si Yang round out the leading cast as Prince Yangmyung and Prince Joohyang. Prince Yangmyung is lonely and romantic at heart, while Prince Joohyang is described as ambitious and cruel.

The drama is set in places like the Baek Yu Painting Group, the Gohwawon (a government office for painters), and the Seomungwan (a government organization in charge of astronomy, geography, weather forecasting, the calendar, and the almanac).

In the Baek Yu Painting Group and the Gohwawon are Jang Hyun Sung, Kim Kwang Gyu, and Yoon Sa Bong. Jang Hyun Sung plays Han Geon, the greatest painter of his time, with clear-sighted judgment and brilliant artistic talent. Kim Kwang Gyu plays Choi Won Ho, who manages the painting group. He cultivates Hong Chun Gi’s talent, encouraging her to follow the path of an artist, and shows a human side of himself through frequent nagging. Yoon Sa Bong plays Gyeon Joo Daek, the housekeeper for the painting group, who has cared for Hong Chun Gi like a mother since she was little.

In the palace is Jo Sung Ha and Chae Gook Hee. Jo Sung Ha plays King Sungjo, who is praised as a wise and sage king. He dreams of a peaceful world, but is afraid of the emergence of a demon king who will bring tidings of blood and war. Chae Gook Hee plays Mi Soo, a gukmudang, a person in charge of religious ceremonies for the state.

Moon Sook has been cast in the role of Grandmother Samshin, a character out of folklore. In Korean legend, she is a

goddess who presides over children and childbirth.

lovers-of-the-red-sky.jpeg

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484255wpp/lovers-of-the-red-sky-introduces-the-dramas-stellar-supporting-cast-lineup

• Like 5

bef407c8b94c47fa840a52f81da23ed9.jpeg?s=

Exclusive: Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung, And Kwak Si Yang Talk Their “Lovers Of The Red Sky” Characters, Share Messages For Global Fans, And More

Aug 19, 2021
by TeamSOOMPI

Ahead of the much-anticipated premiere, “Lovers of the Red Sky” actors Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung, and Kwak Si Yang have taken time to answer questions for international fans!

Also starring Kim Yoo Jung as Hong Chun Gi, a female painter who was born blind but miraculously regains vision, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era.

Check out Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung, and Kwak Si Yang’s interview with Viki and Soompi below!

Please introduce “Lovers of the Red Sky” and the characters you are playing.

Ahn Hyo Seop: “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a fantasy romance sageuk about the fates of the astrologer Ha Ram who reads the stars and the female painter Hong Chun Gi. I am acting as Ha Ram, an astrologer who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight. He is an unfortunate character who lives with a deep desire for revenge against the royal family after he was wronged by a series of incidents when he was little.

Gong Myung: Hello. I am Gong Myung in the role of Prince Yangmyung in “Lovers of the Red Sky.” “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a fantasy romance drama that portrays the female painter Hong Chun Gi who has mystical powers and the red-eyed man Ha Ram who reads the constellations in the sky. My character Prince Yangmyung is a sensitive person with remarkable artistic abilities and no interest in politics. He is known as someone with “three perfections” for his outstanding skills in poetry, calligraphy, and painting.

Kwak Si Yang: Hello, I am Kwak Si Yang who is playing the role of Prince Joohyang in the drama “Lovers of the Red Sky.” Prince Joohyang is a character who is devoured by a desire to become king.

“Lovers of the Red Sky” is based on a popular novel by writer Jung Eun Gwol. Is there an aspect that you especially prepared or focused on in order to act out the character from the novel?

Ahn Hyo Seop: I considered Ha Ram’s existence itself to be fantasy. Ha Ram can read the beautiful constellations, but he is also led by his ability because it affects his fate. I also had to portray his blind eyesight as well, Ha Ram’s alter ego Il Wol Sung, and the existence of the evil spirit. I practiced a lot to imagine the inability to see what I actually can see.

Gong Myung: It may be a bit different [from the novel], but I analyzed and studied Prince Yangmyung in order to understand the character better, and I also studied calligraphy and painting.

Kwak Si Yang: He is a fictional character who doesn’t exist in the novel. While preparing to play Prince Joohyang, I paid a lot of attention to showcasing the dignity and charisma fitting of a character who wants to be king.

How similar are you to your character?

Ahn Hyo Seop: As explained earlier on, I’m newly creating the character, so I think I’ll have to watch the complete version of the drama to properly see Ha Ram.

Gong Myung: Ho-ho. I’d like to give myself 90 percent.

Kwak Si Yang: In terms of being in sync, Prince Joohyang has a personality that’s very different from mine. Based on my real personality, Kwak Si Yang is someone who thinks a lot about how to live an exciting life.

Can you describe “Lovers of the Red Sky” in one word or phrase?

Ahn Hyo Seop: A rain shower.

Gong Myung: A rainbow. It’s beautiful because it has many colors like a rainbow, and it’s a dreamlike drama as well.

Kwak Si Yang: Exciting.

Novels, cartoons, or dramas?
Ahn Hyo Seop: Dramas.

Gong Myung: Cartoons.

Kwak Si Yang: Cartoons.

Horoscopes vs. MBTI?
Ahn Hyo Seop: MBTI.

Gong Myung: Horoscopes.

Kwak Si Yang: MBTI.

Are you an idealist or a realist?
Ahn Hyo Seop: An idealist.

Gong Myung: An idealist.

Kwak Si Yang: A realist.

Do you want your significant other to be an idealist or a realist?
Ahn Hyo Seop: An idealist.

Gong Myung: A realist.

Kwak Si Yang: An idealist.

Please share a message to the international fans who are waiting for the drama’s premiere!

Ahn Hyo Seop: Hello, this is Ahn Hyo Seop. Thank you to all of the fans who are always cheering me on from afar. It has taken me a long time to return with a new project. As fans have missed me a lot, I’m working hard to make up for the long wait through a good drama. I will come to you as the character Ha Ram soon. Thank you.

Gong Myung: Hello, everyone. You’ve waited a long time, haven’t you? My fellow actors and staff all worked hard to film the drama, so you won’t regret it if you watch the drama! Gong Myung will be coming to you soon as Prince Yangmyung. Please wait just a little more~ Thank you.

Kwak Si Yang: Hello, everyone. This is Kwak Si Yang. I will be greeting you through the drama “Lovers of the Red Sky.” I’m filming enjoyably with very amazing actors, so I’m expecting this to turn out to be a great drama that even I’m looking forward to seeing. I’d be thankful if you could look forward to it a lot.

Check out a teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484492wpp/exclusive-ahn-hyo-seop-gong-myung-and-kwak-si-yang-talk-their-lovers-of-the-red-sky-characters-share-messages-for-global-fans-and-more

• Like 5

b73fea982f87430cbaa1704baa10acbe.jpeg?s=

Watch: “Lovers Of The Red Sky” Previews Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, And Gong Myung’s Enthralling Love Triangle In New Teaser

Aug 20, 2021
by L. Kim

SBS has shared an exciting new teaser for its upcoming drama “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

Based on the novel of the same name by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also famously been adapted into hit dramas, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era.

Kim Yoo Jung will star as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight, and Gong Myung will star as the romantic and lonely Prince Yangmyung.

The newly released teaser shares a peek of the heart-fluttering love triangle between Hong Chun Gi, Ha Ram, and Yangmyung. Hong Chun Gi tells Ha Ram, “Your eyes are really beautiful.” To that, he replies, “People see my eyes and call me a monster.” In disbelief, she asks, “But your eyes are beautiful.” Her genuine and kind response makes his lips quirk up into a soft smile.

The video also shows a glimpse of Hong Chun Gi and Yangmyung’s quirky chemistry. Yangmyung dramatically introduces himself as the country’s prince. Hong Chun Gi takes a look at his ragged clothes and bursts into laughter as if she thinks he’s being silly. Yangmyung is taken aback by her unexpected reaction, but he starts to be drawn to her honest personality.

In one scene, Yangmyung races in the pouring rain with Hong Chun Gi on his back. The usually bright prince is filled with concern, and he splashes through the puddles without a second thought. However, he is blocked by Ha Ram who says, “My apologies, Your Highness. But she made a promise with me first.”

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

Watch another teaser for “Lovers of the Red Sky” with English subtitles here:

[3차 티저] 김유정을 놓고 펼쳐지는 안효섭 VS 공명, 흥미진진 삼각 로맨스  〈홍천기〉  8월 30일 첫 방송! #홍천기 #티저 #SBSCatch

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484650wpp/watch-lovers-of-the-red-sky-previews-kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-and-gong-myungs-enthralling-love-triangle-in-new-teaser

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

Thanks for sharing the preview @nina_mitrokhina :fullofhearts:

When Gong Myung says, “I am this country’s prince, Yangmyeong” and Hong Cheon Gi starts laughing, I got major flashbacks to Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds when Ra On laughed at the crown prince when he said he was the crown prince :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

17 hours ago, ferily said:

Thanks for sharing the preview @nina_mitrokhina :fullofhearts:

When Gong Myung says, “I am this country’s prince, Yangmyeong” and Hong Cheon Gi starts laughing, I got major flashbacks to Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds when Ra On laughed at the crown prince when he said he was the crown prince :lol:

@ferilyThanks for the kind words! Yes, you right, I also really like the drama Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds - it is one of my favorites. So I really hope that the drama Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky will be great. The two dramas are very similar in style and beauty. Moreover, the main role is played by the charming and sweet Kim Yoo Jung.

Third Preview for SBS Sageuk Red Sky Introduces the Likely Love Triangle Between Ahn Hyo Seob, Kim Yoo Jung, and Gong Myung

E9TkwxOX0AER3sw?format=jpg&name=small

Posted on August 20, 2021 by ockoala SBS

Ah, I totally see the interpersonal set up of the core three leads in SBS sageuk Red Sky (Lovers of the Red Sky or Hong Chun Gi) just like in The Moon Embraces the Sun. Male lead Ahn Hyo Seob is the stickler upstanding male lead, Kim Yoo Jung is the charming girl every guy would fall for, and Gong Myung plays the playful cheeky second male lead. I see the potential for massive second lead shipping coming, which always makes for spicy viewer commentary and also livens up the onscreen chemistry if Kim Yoo Jung sparks with both male leads enough. The third preview is the first l've seen of Gong Myung in character for more than a passing glance and he's definitely going for the comedic Joseon prince pretending to be a loutish commoner trope well. Ahn Hyo Seob still looks like he's auditioning for the Joseon version of Twilight (those red eyes are distracting IMO) but I'm game for whatever ship sails for me once I start watching and get into the story.

E9TkyXsXsAMdZC2?format=jpg&name=small

[3차 티저] 김유정을 놓고 펼쳐지는 안효섭 VS 공명, 흥미진진 삼각 로맨스 〈홍천기〉  8월 30일 첫 방송! #홍천기 #티저 #SBSCatch

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/08/20/third-preview-for-sbs-sageuk-red-sky-introduces-the-likely-love-triangle-between-ahn-hyo-seob-kim-yoo-jung-and-gong-myung/

• Like 4

[K-Star’s Best Character] Now It’s Time to Meet Kim Yoo Jung in a Historical Drama Again

by Eunkyung Cho
a day ago
Edited by Seo Hayne
Translated Cho EK

Kim-You-Jung-01.jpg

Kim Yoo Jung, who already has 19 years of acting experience, made her debut with a small role in the film DMZ (2004) when she was four years old. When she was six, she appeared in Park Chan Wook’s Lady Vengeance as the kid abducted by Mr. Baek. From then on, she played many roles as a child actor in various films. She played young Lim Soo Jung in Lump Sugar (2006), young Song Hye Kyo in Hwang Jin Yi (2007), as well as young Moon Geun Young in Painter of the Wind (2008), and earned fame with her big eyes and clear diction.

She entered the 2010s, gaining immense popularity for her roles as young Dong Yi (Han Hyo Joo) in MBC Dong Yi (2010) and Yeon Woo (Han Ga In) in MBC Moon Embracing the Sun (2012). Because she played the childhood of the female lead role, she did not have big parts in the works. But she started to take on bigger roles with her delicate and stable acting skills. Starting from 2013, she began to show her own character rather than someone’s childhood.

[꿀드] [구르미 그린 달빛 모음.Zip]다 가려도 가려지지 않는 유정이 미모 때문에 보검이는 fall in love.. ☆ 알 듯 말 듯 이 감정 뭐야!? ㅠ ㅣ KBS방송

Kim Yoo Jung took on the role of Hong Ra On, who disguises as a eunuch in KBS Love in the Moonlight (2016). It was her first terrestrial TV show, and she expressed various emotions of youth while showing her friendship with Crown Prince Lee Young and the romance with him after he finds about her true self. In the solo dance scene set in the royal court on the feast day, she showed off soft and elegant moves. She shared a behind-the-scenes story that the scene required her two months of practice.

Kim-You-Jung-02-1200x800.jpg

Kim Yoo Jung drama
Credit: SBS

In SBS Backstreet Rookie (2020), which is based on a webtoon of the same name, Kim transformed into Jung Saet Byeol, a college student and part-timer at a convenience store. She portrayed a funny romance scene with Ji Chang Wook, who played Dae Hyeon, a warm-hearted store manager. In it, she also played her own stunts.

In the first half of this year, she met viewers around the world with the Netflix movie The 8th Night. The show deals with an 8-day struggle to prevent a crisis that will bring hell to the world, and Kim Yoo Jung plays Ae Ran, a girl with a secret related to ‘the seven steppings stones.’

She will soon meet the viewers with SBS Lovers of the Red Sky as Hong Chun Gi, the only female painter in the Joseon dynasty. The fans of Kim’s historical dramas already have high anticipation for Lovers of the Red Sky, a fantasy romance drama that deals with divine power. She is excellent at playing a role in the genres that she has dealt with before, and she is also great at playing a brand new role in the genres that she has never tried before. I look forward to the future path Kim Yoo Jung will share with us.

Editor Seo Hayne: I like actors as they faithfully lead through their long running-time. I also like idols who accomplish everything on stage within 3 minutes.

Translator Cho EK: I’m a big fan of Korean dramas and movies.

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/22/k-stars-best-character-now-is-the-time-to-meet-kim-yoo-jung-in-a-historical-drama-again/

• Like 2

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/23/lovers-of-the-red-sky-drops-4-character-posters-of-kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-gong-myung-and-gwak-si-yang/
‘Lovers Of The Red Sky’ Drops 4 Character Posters of Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung and Gwak Si Yang

by Munjeong Jung | images: SBS

A0C2CFFA-DAAF-49A5-BE9E-697F1418BAD9.jpg

Lovers of the Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance series about a female painter Hong Chun Gi with a mysterious power, and a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations.

The poster released today depicts the unique qualities of the four characters in the upcoming drama.

spacer.png

To begin with, the first set of posters features Kim Yoo Jung as a woman who has a passion for drawing nature and a professional painter who is confident at her job.

The poster of Ahn Hyo Seop, who plays Haram, a man with the secret behind his eyes, adds to the mystery in his character with the glaring eyes amidst the darkness.

spacer.png

Gong Myung’s poster depicts free-spirited Prince Yangmyung, a romanticist who loves and appreciates arts. The background filled with letters and photographs shows his interest in poetry, writing, and painting.

Kwak Si Yang’s poster gives a glimpse of the ambitious Prince Su Yang, who dreams of stealing the throne. The massive throne and scarlet robe behind him demonstrate his power and the place he desires to take.

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles regarding K-Drama, K-Pop, K-Movie and more as quickly as I can.

• Like 5

Cha Ji Hyuk to join the cast lineup of "Lovers of the Red Sky"

by lo_ve, August 23, 2021

Cha Ji Hyuk is set to star in the upcoming SBS drama "Lovers of the Red Sky".
It was confirmed on August 23rd that Cha Ji Hyuk will be added to the cast lineup of "Lovers of the Red Sky" directed by Jang Tae Yoo ("Hyena") and written by Kim Young Young ("Be Melodramatic"). The drama will be produced by Studio S and Studio Taeyu.

Based on the novel of the same name written by Jung Eun Gwol, "Lovers of the Red Sky" will be a fantasy historical romance drama that will revolve around a female painter with divine power named Hong Cheon Ki and a blind man who is in charge of astronomy named Haram.

Kim Yoo Jung will bring life to the character of Hong Cheon Ki. A beautiful woman with a bright personality. She loves painting more than anything. Ahn Hyo Seop's role on the other hand will be Haram, an officer at Seowoongwan who became blind due to an accident that happened when he was still young.

Cha Ji Hyuk will portray the role of the right hand of the prince and a guard warrior.

Other cast members of the drama include Gong Myung, Kwak Shi Yang, Lee Bo Hee, Go Gyu Pil, and more.

"Lovers of the Red Sky" is set to have a total of 16 episodes which will exclusively air on SBS. The first episode will premiere on August 30th.

j6VZO_2f.jpg

Cha Ji Hyuk debuted in 2017 with the movie "One Step" starring Han Jae Suk, 2NE1's Sandara Park, and more. He continued his career by participating in several movies and dramas. He was part of "Gang," "Dumbhead Duo," and "Dokgo Rewind." He last appeared in the 2020 drama "Search" with main leads Jang Dong Yoon, f(x) Krystal, Yoon Park, Lee Hyun Wook, and more.

https://mydramalist.com/article/cha-ji-hyuk-to-join-the-cast-lineup-of-lovers-of-the-red-sky

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

SBS drama LoversOfTheRedSky still cuts, broadcast on August 30.

Ooh.. they might be Choi Gyeong & Cha Yeongwook. HCG's best friends since childhood.

I'm getting excited.. can't wait for next monday..

I love their friendship & banter in the novel.  I hope they show it too in the drama.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, morningdew said:

Ooh.. they might be Choi Gyeong & Cha Yeongwook. HCG's best friends since childhood.

I'm getting excited.. can't wait for next monday..

I love their friendship & banter in the novel.  I hope they show it too in the drama.

That is so cool, if so. Can't wait for this this drama.

• Like 2

3c1a950214e549c88d9614411d511df4.jpeg?s=

Kim Yoo Jung Talks About Her Role In “Lovers Of The Red Sky,” How Her Love Of Art Impacts Her Acting, And More

Aug 23, 2021
by C. Hong

Actress Kim Yoo Jung participated in a pictorial and interview with Allure!

Kim Yoo Jung is slated to lead the upcoming historical fantasy drama “Lovers of the Red Sky.” The interviewer mentioned that there are people who become interested in a drama after hearing that she is going to star in it and she replied, “That feels good. But it isn’t easy, right? Even people I know might say, ‘I’ll watch it because you’re in it,’ but it’s not easy to actually sit down and watch it. I don’t think of myself as an actor you can trust to watch yet. I think that the work ahead of me is to keep proving myself so that I can become that kind of actor. In the future, I’ll become an actor that you have to watch no matter what when they come out with something new.”

kim-yoo-jung1.jpeg

Asked how she chose her projects, she said, “I think I just go with what attracts me at the time. There are times when I pick a project because I really like the director. For ‘Backstreet Rookie,’ I really liked the character of Saet Byul. I looked forward to ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ because the director, Jang Tae Yoo, is famous for historical productions, but I also really had fun playing the confident character of Hong Chun Gi.”

kim-yoo-jung-4.jpeg

In “Lovers of the Red Sky,” Hong Chun Gi is the only female painter in the Joseon Dynasty and was born blind before miraculously regaining her vision. The interviewer asked Kim Yoo Jung about her own hobbies of painting and drawing. She replied, “I like oil painting and acrylics. There’s a workshop that I attend and the teacher lets us do whatever we want. I originally liked taking photos. I was studying photography and tried out a drawing class by chance, but after that I kept on drawing. I liked being able to portray emotions in a different way from acting. I like to draw scenes that I think up, or reimagine music or my current feelings.”

Asked if it helped her with acting, she said, “I found that it does help. I feel like I can experience emotions better. When you get used to acting, there are times when you just recite lines out of habit. But now that I’m expressing myself in different ways, I have more fun with the emotions that I’m portraying.”

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung-6.jpeg

kim-yoo-jung-5.jpeg

Kim Yoo Jung also spoke on topics like growing up, the importance of persistence, and her goals and experiences as an actor. “[I feel the most joy from acting] when I’m working with people who have the same mindset as me,” she said. “When you’re working on a project, you see the same 100-200 people every day for a long time. There’s not a lot of time to get adjusted, but the time to part also comes really quickly. It feels sad at times, but it also always feels new. Our thoughts are all different, but there are people that you realize are on the same wavelength as you after you start talking to them. Then I feel really happy and welcome and safe. Those are really happy moments for me.”

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung-9.jpeg

She said, “I had a lot of dreams when I was a kid. I wanted to do this and that. I watched a movie and wanted to become a handball player. I wanted to try a lot of different jobs, and now I want to play a lot of different roles. I still have a lot of dreams, they’re just small ones. I often think that I want to go places and do things. From small to big, I still have a lot of dreams.”

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung-7.jpeg

Asked about the key to staying on task for a long time, she said, “Don’t you need a driving force for that? For me, I started acting at a really young age. I don’t really remember when I was little, but around the time that I developed more of a sense of self, I started to drive myself forward. There were of course times when I was tired and struggling, but I gained a new kind of strength as I grew older. As I acted, I realized, ‘There are things like this, my job is like this, I have to do something like this.’ My main source of strength was a curiosity toward my work and a desire to do better.”

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung-2.jpeg

kim-yoo-jung-8.jpeg

About her goal as an actor, she said, “I want to be someone who keeps growing. No one knows where their limits are, so it’s tough, but I want to be an actor who remains in someone’s memories. When people my parents’ age think of the times when they were young and happy, they often talk about things like, ‘I was a fan of this singer and went to their concert.’ I want to be a page in someone’s memory like that. There are times when a certain smell can take you back to the place where you first smelled it. I want to be something like that.”

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung-11.jpeg

kim-yoo-jung-3.jpeg

kim-yoo-jung-0.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485191wpp/kim-yo-jung-lovers-red-sky-love-art-impact-acting

• Like 7
  • Love 1