[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

@ferily Yea the OTP meeting as young children is a bit over used, but I think you need it in this kind of fast passed drama (only 16 episodes). I just wish they wouldn't have used the romantic cliché scenes.. I know it is a set up for Ha Ram to remember  Cheon Gi, but it should be enough with her speech pattern and how she touches him (reading his face?) to evoke those memories.  :sweats: 

• Like 9

I’ve forgotten this one starred so now finished the ep 1 and 2

Spoiler

Episode 1: I had to watch the intro bit several times because it went too fast. Now that I watched the first episode - I didn’t like the intro because it gave everything away - you knew the demon will get released again, history will repeat, and that the leads will be bound by the deities. It really made the first episode super predictable! I wish they found a way to explain the lore w/o making things so formula-tic. Too early to tell re the main characters because thus far, it is the typical set-up. The saving grace of this episode was the last 15 minutes - when Ha Ram got sacrificed. I felt bad for his father - double betrayed!!! 

Episode 2: is much much better than the first episode. I enjoyed it and like how both HR and CK are developing as main characters. HR’s revenge is interesting (thx for the eye candy exercise scene (>.<!!!!) and I need a better explanation of how he became so powerful (was the King feeling guilty? Or HR do this all on the side?) CK and her father is the strong element and I hope the writer keeps it this way. I also like her fearless self. There are three minor weakness I saw for this episode: 1. the strange shift of stylist/ tone? Like the ‘fast forwarding effect’ of CK and her gang plotting. It really pulled me out of the historical setting; 2. heavy handed emphasis with the peach blossoms for our OTP’s reunion (we get it that they are fated!!!); and 3. It’s a NO GO re the styling for the possessed HR - I literally laughed out loud (it’s looking like it I crossed a ‘gothic visual kei JROCKer with David Bowie’s Globlin King’ lol soooooooo funny and again it took me out of the story!) 

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 9
  • Blob 1

Hello everyone hope you're all good!!

Back for my fave actress and was finally able to sit down and watch both the episodes!! Love the fantasy element different and Very rare in a saeguk! 

The young ha ram and cheon gi were great that ending where ha ram became blind and him shouting he can't see made me cry!! Great acting all round.

I must say it was weird that a bunch of 9 year olds kissed and on the first meeting lol. Should have just had hcg touching ha rams face abit more to memorise it or whatever, rather than adding in a kiss it was kinda random.

Don't know if it's been mentioned it but doesn't joohyang young version look abit like yeo jingoo?:lol:

Now onto the 2nd ep kim yoo jung just excels in saeguk doesn't she!! Her smiling whilst also having tears in her eyes feeling sad when talking to her father! Emotional. Hope he does get better towards the end of the drama! 

Love the trio of painters and how they took revenge on that guy who tricked her! Thankfully hcg didn't need help from the male lead and did it on her own! Hope it stays like that! Obviously if it's something major then ha ram can come save the day as well but if they work together to do it even better!

What I didn't really like was the ott scene where she's running with the broomstick thing going after that guy, it went on for ages.. went through ha rams scene then the crown prince and then the baddie crown prince like wth! When was ha ram even in the same place as the other 2??

Cgi was fine heard mixed reviews on it but it didn't feel off to me. 

Ha rams demon form is weird af though like some Halloween costume! People saying Jack sparrow and I'm here like erm what?! :lol:

The demon form finding the person who has his eyes was rather quick but it's okay lol hope the romance is slow paced loved the palanquin scene! Fave out the lot:glee:

Also last point ha ram as the masked man dude forgot his name.. his voice how deeeeeppppp can it go lmao wow:fullofhearts:

OK I think I should stop now but yea looking forward to the next episodes!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

[Making] NG cute Kim Yoo-jung & Ahn Hyo-seop's behind the scenes!  

[Summary of Episodes 1 and 2] Two people whose fates changed, met when they were young

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2021/09/01/magic-entangles-characters-fates-in-the-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky/
Magic Entangles Characters’ Fates In The Drama ‘Lovers Of The Red Sky’

By Joan MacDonald | Sep 1, 2021, 08:31am EDT

spacer.png
Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Yoo-jung play characters fated to meet. VIKI

There’s a lot of magic in the opening episode of the fantasy historical drama Lovers of the Red Sky. The story starts with some Korean mythology and is set at a time when the balance of good and evil is disrupted.

A bloodthirsty demon inhabits the nation’s monarch, which leads him to wage endless war. A ritual is staged to exorcise the evil spirit and seal his demonic power in the king’s portrait. The ritual is successful, but as the evil spirit is trapped in the painting, he warns that his binding will bring drought and famine. As predicted, the exorcism ends the bloodshed, but the nation is ravaged by drought and subsequent unrest.

Two babies are born on the night of the ritual. One is Cheon-ki, the daughter of the painter of the king’s portrait. The other is Ha-ram, played by Ahn Hyo-seop, the son of the Taoist priest who cast the spell. Being cast into a painting so infuriates the demon that he also curses painters and his spell blinds Cheon-ki, played by Kim Yoo-jung. 

Samshin, the goddess of life, birth and fate, does her best to protect Cheon-ki, but cannot restore her sight. She arranges for Cheon-ki to have a helper in the form of Ha-ram, a boy who exhibits remarkable divination skills.

The children meet just before Ha-ram ritually invokes rain to end the drought and a jealous prince breaks the spell that binds the demonic force. The subsequent chaos separates Cheon-ki and Ha-ram, but they are fated to meet again. Cheon-ki will grow up to be the first female painter of the Korean Royal Academy of Painting and Ha-ram will become an astronomer.

The drama is based on the bestselling novel The Secret of Red Sky, written by Jung Eun-weol. Jung wrote two other novels that inspired the historical TV dramas Moon Embracing The Sun and Sungkyunkwan Scandal. Moon Embracing The Sun, starring Kim Soo-hyun and Han Ga-in, also explored fantasy elements in a historical setting. Kim Yoo-jung appeared in Moon Embracing The Sun as the younger version of one of the main characters.

She recently appeared in the TV dramas Backstreet Rookie, Clean with Passion and the historical drama Love in the Moonlight. Ahn Hyo-seop appeared in the TV dramas Dr. Romantic 2, Abyss and Still 17. The drama’s cast also includes Gong Myung, Kwak Si-yang and Cho Seung-ha. The series is directed by Jang Tae-yoo, who directed the popular TV dramas My Love From the Star, Deep Rooted Tree and Painter of the Wind.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Well that broom stick chasing was a bit too long, but i like it... It's funny... The most touching scenes was HCG teary eyes with her father... And Haram face full of anger and hatred remembering the slaughter of his family. Both leads act very well. 

• Like 10

KrS8pYPy?format=jpg&name=900x900

Kim Yoo Jung – Ahn Hyo Seop has just appeared, Hong Chun Gi’s rating has increased rapidly, the historical blockbuster of the year is here!

The couple Kim Yoo Jung – Ahn Hyo Seop finally appeared in episode 2 of Hong Chun Gi.

After a spectacular debut, Hong Chun Gi (Lovers Of The Red Sky) continued to have a soaring rating in episode 2. According to Nielsen Korea, Lovers of the Red Sky recorded an average rating of 8.8%, up. 2.2% and lead the Monday – Tuesday evening movie time slot.

lovers-of-the-red-sky3.jpeg

Kim Yoo Jung - Ahn Hyo Seop has just appeared, Hong Chun Gi's rating has increased rapidly, the historical blockbuster of the year is here!
The reason for this spectacular growth is the official appearance of the male-female lead couple Ahn Hyo Seop – Kim Yoo Jung. If episode 1 only revolved around the two main characters in childhood, in episode 2, they met again as adults. The scene in the palanquin is extremely emotional.

Based on the novel by author Jung Eun Gwol, “Lovers Of The Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era. Kim Yoo Jung will play Hong Chun Gi, the only female painter of the Joseon Dynasty, who was born blind but miraculously regained her sight. Ahn Hyo Seop will play the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who can read the stars despite losing his eyesight.

Kim Yoo Jung - Ahn Hyo Seop has just appeared, Hong Chun Gi's rating has increased rapidly, the historical blockbuster of the year is here!
The series is currently airing on SBS.

https://kbizoom.com/kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-has-just-appeared-hong-chun-gis-rating-has-increased-rapidly/amp/

• Like 6

https://zapzee.net/2021/09/02/from-exos-baekhyun-to-mamamoos-solar-ost-singers-for-lovers-of-the-red-sky/
From EXO’s Baekhyun to MAMAMOO’s Solar: OST Singers for ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’

by krishkim

spacer.png
Credit: SBS

From EXO’s Baekhyun to MAMAMOO’s Solar, the first luxurious lineup for Lovers of the Red Sky OST has been unveiled.

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama Lovers of the Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance series about a female painter Hong Cheon Gi with a gifted divine power and a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations up in the sky.

With its dreamy and lavish scenes, absorbing story, and mysterious characters, the drama became the talk of the town even from the premiere episode.

Today, the production team unveiled the lineup of OST singers, raising expectations. On August 31st, Baekhyun became the first singer to drop the song “Is it me?.” Following him are some of the biggest names in the industry: MAMAMOO’s Solar, Yang Da Il, Ailee, and PUNCH. They will add strength to the affectionate love story with songs in perfect harmony with the drama.

Jeon Chang Yeop, the music director of My Love from the Star, is in charge of the overall production of Lovers of the Red Sky OST.

Meanwhile, Lovers of the Red Sky’s second OST, Solar’s “I was you, and you were me,” will be released on the 6th at 6 PM KST.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Anabea said:

Well that broom stick chasing was a bit too long, but i like it... It's funny... The most touching scenes was HCG teary eyes with her father... And Haram face full of anger and hatred remembering the slaughter of his family. Both leads act very well. 

Hmm but the thing is it shouldn't have been funny because she's just found out she's been tricked into giving her hard earned money for some fake medicine why turn such a scene into a comedy one? It didn't have to be like that :idk:

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

Hmm but the thing is it shouldn't have been funny because she's just found out she's been tricked into giving her hard earned money for some fake medicine why turn such a scene into a comedy one? It didn't have to be like that :idk:

I know, but in my point of view it becomes an interesting scene, more lively, describing various kind of emotions...etc.. I couldnt explain it by my mere language

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Anabea said:

I know, but in my point of view it becomes an interesting scene, more lively, describing various kind of emotions...etc.. I couldnt explain it by my mere language

Na it's cool I understand why it would be seen as funny! Not my kind of humour but everyone has different tastes :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Gripping Novel "Red Sky Lovers", Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop 8.8% ...

http://www.sisaplusnews.com/news/photo/202109/28811_29715_294.jpg

[Reporter Kim Seung Hye] Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop's dangerous and mysterious romance has taken over the small screen.

The second episode of SBS drama "Любовники красного неба," aired Monday through Tuesday, aired on the 31st, had a national average rating of 8.8%, up from the previous day's record of 6.6%. (Nielsen, Korea, national standard).

On the air of this day, the story was drawn 19 years after Sokchok's rainy day. Hong Jung-ki (Kim Yoo-jung), who became the only artist in Baek Yoo-hwa's group, grew up as a woman with genius drawing skills and beautiful looks. The reason Hong Chung-ki studied drawing diligently is because of his father.

Haram (Ahn Hyo-seop) lived like an astronomer who reads the constellations in the sky. Haram, reddened from the rainy season, bore an unpleasant life, being blinded when referred to as a "water monster."

In the midst of this, Hong Chun-ki buys his father's medicine with hard-earned money, but discovers that he has been tricked by Jung Seung Ne (Yang Hyun Min) in Wolsondan.

http://www.sisaplusnews.com/news/photo/202109/28811_29713_2433.jpg

Hong Chun Ki managed to get revenge, but because of this, he was persecuted by Jeon Sean Ne. The place where the fleeing Hon Chong-ki suddenly entered to hide was inside the palanquin in which Haram was riding.

The meeting between Hong Chong-gi and Haram, who unexpectedly reunited in the palanquin, sparked a commotion on the small screen. Although they did not recognize each other, they made viewers in awe of how they felt the pull of fate.

However, the meeting of these two woke up the dangerous creature again. It was the demon king sealed in the body of Haram. The image of the demon king trying to find the eyes stolen by Hong Jong Gi and Hong Jong Gi in a crisis brightened the finale, increasing curiosity about the next story.

On the other hand, SBS drama "Hongcheonggi" airs Monday through Tuesday every Monday and Tuesday at 10:00 pm.

Kim Seung Hye, staff correspondent shkim@naver.com

Translation from korean google

http://m.sisaplusnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=28811

• Like 6

Kim YooJung And Ahn HyoSeop's "Lovers Of The Red Sky" Gets A Webtoon Adaptation

Haneul Sep 2, 2021

red-sky-webtoon.jpg

"Hong CheongGi" Webtoon

One of the most highly anticipated historial dramas of 2021, "Lovers of the Red Sky", starring Kim YooJung as Hong CheonGi and Ahn HyoSeop as Ha Ram, has officially premiered and fans are already hooked to the unique storyline and visuals of the drama.

"Lovers of the Red Sky" tells the mysterious and beautiful story of the only female painter of the Joseon Dynasty who solves terrible fate after entering the palace.

Spoiler

red-sky-1.jpg

SBS

Right before the drama premiered, however, a webtoon adaptation for the same started to be serialized. Both the webtoon and the drama are based on the novel "Hong CheonGi" by Jung EunGwol. While there are some differences in character design, the webtoon is beautifully created, from the art style to the narrative flow.

red1.png

red-2.png

You can read the webtoon in Korean here.

Are you watching "Lovers of the Red Sky"? Share your thoughts with Kpopmap in the comments section down below!

https://www.kpopmap.com/kim-yoojung-and-ahn-hyoseop-lovers-of-the-red-sky-gets-a-webtoon-adaptation/

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Just curious;

Who owns Ma Wang the devil? - The previous late King or the body who Ma Wang residing now (Ha Ram)?

We know that Ha Ram didn't want to have the devil soul trapped in his body. Is it because the Fairy Goddess Grandmother SamShin (Child birth protector) chose little Ha Ram to be Chong Gi's guardian? Poor him, so he's the chosen one. (Hahaha, I think that just the way the story goes ...)

I'm not sure if Ma Wang need to be sealed back to The previous late King or to Ha Ram picture. In some trailer shows how eager Chong Gi wants to draw a portrait of this handsome Ha Ram. Could it be ... (what if Ma Wang need to be sealed into HR picture).

My crazy drama brain suggesting A very happy ending Plot. But knowing someone has to be back to be blind (because Chong Gi's eyes belongs to our HR) ..... so I suggest the director to give Chong Gi and Ha Ram one good eye each. LOL :lol: - so two of them at least can see each other ..:tounge_wink:.

I need to re-watch episode 1.

• Like 3

[Making] My heart beats fast♬ Ahn Hyo-seop ❤️ Kim Yoo-jung Behind-the-scenes!  #Hongcheongi #SBSCatch

Hongcheonki OST Part.2 'Solar - Always, be with you' making teaser #Hongcheonki #Redsky (2021.09.06 6:00pm KST)

Some FMVs

Spoiler

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Helena said:

[Making] My heart beats fast♬ Ahn Hyo-seop ❤️ Kim Yoo-jung Behind-the-scenes!  #Hongcheongi #SBSCatch

No english sub

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote videos, thanks!
  • Like 3

https://viuniverseph.com/actor-spotlight-kim-yoo-jung/
Actor Spotlight: Kim Yoo Jung

By beesgiggle | September 3, 2021

spacer.png

Known as the sageuk fairy, Kim Yoo Jung started her roots from historical dramas as a young actress. From playing the younger counterparts of the main leads to being the main lead herself, she had been consistent in winning people’s hearts. Check out Yoo Jung’s journey through her historical dramas!

Dong Yi (2010)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Yoo Jung was actually just 11 years old when she played Han Hyo Joo’s younger counterpart in Dong Yi! Since the show is a 60 episode historical drama, Yoo Jung had the challenge of making us fall in love with Dong Yi in the first four episodes and she did amazing! She was charming and cute, but really delivered on the difficult scenes as well. No wonder, Dong Yi is such a well loved drama even ten years later!

Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)

Spoiler

spacer.png

After two years, Yoo Jung stars in another classic sageuk Moon Embracing the Sun. This time she’s the younger version of Han Ga In’s Heo Yoon Woo. This show has a bigger cast of child actors this time. And though she was able to hold her own, she also had amazing chemistry with her co-stars Yeo Jin Goo, Im Siwan, and even Kim So Hyun who was supposed to be her rival. Have to say too – her level of acting for such a young age is one that some older actors still aspire to reach. Amazing!

Love in the Moonlight (2016)

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Her first lead in a historical drama, she plays a young woman pretending to be a eunuch serving the crown prince. Though in her previous work her roles were more serious, she was really able to tap her funny bone on this one which was refreshing to see. Her antics with the Crown Prince Lee Yeong (Park Bo Gum) and Kim Byeong Yeon (Kwang Dong Yeon) were always laugh out loud funny! In the romance department, her feeling the kilig with Lee Yeong made us kilig with her! Her chemistry with Bo Gum made this one of those top-notch pairings to remember. Definitely makes you want to rewatch the show many years later. 

Lovers of the Red Sky (2021)

spacer.png

After a 5-year hiatus wearing a hanbok, Yoo Jung is back at it again! We were only able to see her in the second episode so far, but she is already doing great! She’s channeling some of the Hong Ra On energy in this one – spunky, and fun. But there’s some qualities here as well that’s purely Hong Chun Gi as well – like her cheeky side (HA!). We love her chemistry with Ahn Hyo Seop too. That scene on the palanquin was so funny but later really charged with chemistry. We’re so excited what else Yoo Jung would bring to the table, and excited to see more!

• Like 5

17 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Just curious;

Who owns Ma Wang the devil? - The previous late King or the body who Ma Wang residing now (Ha Ram)?

We know that Ha Ram didn't want to have the devil soul trapped in his body. Is it because the Fairy Goddess Grandmother SamShin (Child birth protector) chose little Ha Ram to be Chong Gi's guardian? Poor him, so he's the chosen one. (Hahaha, I think that just the way the story goes ...)

I'm not sure if Ma Wang need to be sealed back to The previous late King or to Ha Ram picture. In some trailer shows how eager Chong Gi wants to draw a portrait of this handsome Ha Ram. Could it be ... (what if Ma Wang need to be sealed into HR picture).

I don't think we have gotten a full explanation of why Ma Wang is trapped inside Ha Ram.. It could be that Ma Wang wanted to kill Ha Ram and that Sam Shin took the opportunity to seal him inside Ha Ram. Or he wanted to reside inside of Ha Ram and Sam Shin gave his eyes to Cheon Gi too take away Ma Wang's powers. :emmm:

• Like 3