[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

In Episode 11, we are going to get Hye Jin and Du Sik cuddling and giggling on the couch at Hye Jin's house

gp2lYl.gif

And then Mi Seon walks in saying they should close the door and has the face of "Get a room you too" LOL!

nROvQD.gif

I'm already dying from second hand embarrassment and this is only from the preview :bashful:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

girl power:hwaiting:

32d480e56922f102977cf0116e059ce6f93f97ce.gifv

====

I love how , Gongjin squad were really concerned about Hye-jin after the accident.  Ms. Yeo telling Hye-jin that she’ll get her a better security system. Grandma Gam-ri offering her a calming pill.  Yun-kyung giving her honey water.  Oh Yoon promising her a cup of coffee.   

Hye-jin is now officially pary of Gongjin ,so happy for her to have found  this new family. Hye-jin’s dad wanted that for her—to be surrounded by people who love her. 

Hyejin’s father wishing Hyejin would marry into a big family so she won’t be lonely. Dusik’s grandfather praying someone will be with Dusik so he won’t be lonely.

48708884515979da182f783e672891fbb28c3a9a.gifv

====

“Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

Sep 26, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” reached a new all-time high last night!

On September 26, the hit rom-com drama achieved the highest viewership ratings of its run thus far. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” scored an average nationwide rating of 11.4 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels and setting a new personal record for the show.

“Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” also broke its personal viewership record among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 6.3 percent and remained first place in its time slot.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1490457wpp/hometown-cha-cha-cha-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

@STARSX Well said! :cutekitty: That's something that I really liked in Episode 10, everyone in Gongjin sees Hye Jin as family now and cares for her. It was just yesterday when everyone in town was glaring at her and avoiding her dentist clinic, but now everyone taking care of her after the incident is so sweet! Love how you mention that Hye Jin's dad wants her to marry into a big family so that she won't be lonely while Du Sik's grandpa wishes that Du Sik will meet someone so that he won't be lonely, the parallelism there :please:

I think now that Hye Jin found her place, I honestly don't think she will go back to Seoul and just stay in Gongjin. Now who knows, we might see Hye Jin trying to convince Du Sik to come back up to Seoul with her (omg I pray, PRAY that something like this doesn't happen, where Hye Jin goes back to Seoul away from Du Sik and we see a time jump...  *knocks on wood*) but I feel like since Du Sik has no intention of going anywhere and decided to move and stay back in Gongjin, Hye Jin will probably stay too? This is just my thoughts though and who knows what the drama will do... I also think that Mi Seon will stay in Gongjin because of Eun Cheol as well..

What do you guys all think? Do you think that Hye Jin and Mi Seon will remain in Gongjin or move back to Seoul?

• Like 9
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, nyk said:

yeah about him ordering things, Anyone knows why he didn't order them himself? since he also works as a delivery guy right?  and why the hardware shop owner gets annoyed every time he's asked ?

I love how they care for each other so much. I love the crab peeling scene. It's like indirect love confession from HJ. 

That crab scene is :heart: and Freudian was funny that I cant stop giggling. Actually all of HJ actions on this episode are prelude to a something big that she will finally realize along the way. From crying in the hospital (even DS see it in her eyes - tho he taught that was gratitude ;)), her action to the memorial service, her unconscious window shopping for him, etc). 

Love how the episode went on with both characters indicating on what may happen next  - the poetry reading when DS stop reading after the line denying the love :love:... 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Any guesses on why DS was at HJ’s house that night to catch the pervert? The Tvn stills had one picture where he was standing near the pillars of her house but I don’t remember seeing it during the episode. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Any guesses on why DS was at HJ’s house that night to catch the pervert? The Tvn stills had one picture where he was standing near the pillars of her house but I don’t remember seeing it during the episode. 

I was wondering this too. I think it will be addressed in one of the epilogues!

Also the first person to know his story I don’t think it’s the person who passed away because Du Shik had a big smile in that scene and it did not seem to bring back any past sad memory. Could it be the teenage Hye Jin that he met when he gave her coins to pay for the milk? Or could it be gamri? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

this is the 1st time I watched to a confessions that is so emotional and full of love! no other words can describe how we all feel on the last scene where DS & HJ confesses their love thru a kiss! :fullofhearts:I was very emotional that I could scream out loud but I can't cuz its already night time. can't contain my feelings toward the scene. and this is the best scene I've ever watched honestly. 

more lovey-dovey on the next episode! can't wait for this weekend again! :love:

• Like 8

I am finally caught up, our thread is moving fast, I love it!!! :D

All my wishes for ShikHye couple were fulfilled in ep 10

_HJ is probably the first person to tell DS that it is not his fault that his grandpa died, and that he is silly thinking like that. He was pleasantly surprised when she said so and tried to hold back his tears. I love it when they have heartfelt conversation like that, DS finally opened up to tell her about his past, but not all yet.

_They couldn't bear to leave each other right, although they are still together in DS's house? HJ wants to sleep on the sofa while DS is still with her, and DS would rather sleep on the cold and stiff floor than in his comfortable bed, just to make sure HJ will see him when she wakes up. Awww, those lovebirds :wub: Not forget to mention the poem DS chose to read is really touching and speaks his mind, boy couldn't even finish reading it... 

_DS was really considerate when he took the food that HJ bought to put in grandpa's table. And he wanted HJ to stay with him, greeting his grandpa for the first time. This is probably the first time he has someone to be there with him, on grandpa's memorial day... They shared a cozy dinner, just like a married couple right? DS again can feel the warmth and happiness while he was with HJ, to the point he missed her presence already right after she left. All the simple yet meaningful moments that they shared make DS's desire to be with HJ become irresistible.

_While DS was still deep in thought and hasn't gathered enough courage, Gamri shi said those heartfelt advise to him. I think DS then has made up his mind, even if HJ didn't come back from Seoul on that day to confess, he would definitely confess to her after that as well. I admire DS, he totally handled the situation like a real man. Despite the fact that he is still harbouring so much pain inside, he dares to open his heart and accept HJ's feelings. He loves her so much that he couldn't let her down, nor make her sad. His eyes got teary the whole time during HJ's confession, poor boy... He probably has never felt that happy before.

HJ, on the other hand, is wonderful, as usual. Such a lovely lady. I am so thankful that DS got to meet her, the good person that his grandpa wished for, who would brighten his life.

ShikHye love story is beautifully written so far. DS will now has HJ beside him to help him overcome those trauma, heal his heart and soul, isn't it make the healing process even more meaningful? Than having DS overcome his own problem first before he accepts HJ. 

Moving forwards, they still have matters to settle, mostly DS's trauma and where they will spend the rest of their life. I personally think they will stay in Gongjin. Ep 10 showed that although HJ was back in her favourite Seoul, going shopping and eating lobster, all she could think of was DS and Gongjin. So it is not matter where, but who she wants to be with :) 

In the last 6 eps, there will of course be ups and downs, but whatever happens, I pray that the writer will give our ShikHye couple a proper happy ending because they truly deserve it. 

Now I will go to rewatch the ending scene and the 2 previews for ep 11 for the nth time. I am on ShikHye high today please bear with my long rant.

Is it Saturday yet? -_-

• Like 11
  • Love 4

Possibly my most favourite scene of the entire series so far :doggie:, AND it's not simply because of the kiss, but rather the raw emotions that come across as SO.VERY.GENUINE by these 2 actors. 

I have never valued SMA as a brilliant actress, she's gd, I have seen a few of her works and liked them, but nowhere amazing. But here, that honest confession was so heartfelt, the hint of tears in her eyes so delicate- it honestly made me immerse in this scene so well! Both KSH and SMA executed the plot here so skilfully, I didn't feel like them 2 were acting. Rather it felt like DS and HJ were real and I was watching their love story unfold before my eyes :bawling:.

Oh and can I compliment the editing team- that bgm was a perfect match!

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

At the end of ep 9, DS was walking along the road where he sat down and had a conversation with HJ's dad, thinking deeply about what her dad said "it could be you", then I think he decided to go to see HJ. So thanks to that, HJ was saved. DS just happened to always be there when HJ needed him the most :)

• Like 6
  • Blob 5

EVERY-TIME  HE KISS HER THE WAY HE DO 

EVERY-TIME HE HUG HER THE WAY HE DO 

EVERY-TIME HE LOOK AT HER THE WAY HE DO 

jrq68pj.gif

EVERY TIME HE COME RUNNING TO SAVE LIKE HE DO 

J5h7C4c.gif

~> OPPA NEED TO BE PENALISED FOR INVADING OUR HEART :lol:

me every weekend: 

D8u1Xin.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 4

1 hour ago, Raynaa said:

I was wondering this too. I think it will be addressed in one of the epilogues!

Also the first person to know his story I don’t think it’s the person who passed away because Du Shik had a big smile in that scene and it did not seem to bring back any past sad memory. Could it be the teenage Hye Jin that he met when he gave her coins to pay for the milk? Or could it be gamri? 

I think it was the teenage HJ too. He has her coin purse that he still use... so cute. I wonder if he knows it was her as they both were wearing their student name badge. Their connection is so strong. 

DS your going to need a bigger bed. :Megalol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I have been on cloud 9 since I watched episode 10 this morning. I dont know how many times I replayed that kissing scene :Pandabulous: 

As much as I loved HJ confession, I hope we hear DS side as well. Our girl deserves to know that he’s had his eyes on her since their first (adult) meeting. 

Edited by pamgb
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

I think it was the teenage HJ too. He has her coin purse that he still use... so cute. I wonder if he knows it was her as they both were wearing their student name badge. Their connection is so strong. 

DS your going to need a bigger bed. :Megalol:

Omg, that will be super :heart::love:

I need to go back to that episode where they met to check the coin purse (an obvious excuse to rewatch all episodes until Sat) :sweatingbullets:

@pamgbyou are not alone in replaying that confession scene (ep 10 then fast fwd to that scene :rolleyes:)

@YuSanSeulthis drama is really an ensemble cast. Esp love the leads coz they are very natural i dunno how to say it but just like someone mentioned earlier you will think that DS and HJ are real people. And that is the reason why I'm back to soompi :lol: 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Learry said:

this is literally us every weekend  the way they give us comfort, homecha is our home

Look at Hong Banjang finally realize how nice it is to have a girlfriend, for the first time in his life! Bonus points, she's cuddly! <3 <3

Edited by Chibi8535
typo
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2