[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Okay, so since we're discussing the amazing confession + kiss in ep 10, has anybody noticed that the shot they filmed is likely a second/ third take, and NOT the first? :P SMA's lipstick is smudged when she's still saying her lines (Hong Banjang, I like you... and Du-Shik interrupts her, etc).. infact, you can even see traces of the lipstick on KSH xD xD
Haha, I guess it was dark when they filmed, so nobody noticed, but post-editing exposure-adjustment revealed such a funny nugget of info! ^^

Speaking of, in those tiny minutes of her confession, you can really see the myriad of expressions passing on each of the lead's faces! It's not one of those face-palm worthy scenes, where one party pretends to be dumb/ oblivious to the other's feelings, and incapable of reading the situation.

Out of SMA's expressions, I think I find her tearing up, profoundly poignant. Hye-Jin's a go-getter (since ep.1 we have been shown this repeatedly) and is very likely not used to rejections. Yet, she's so overcome with love for this crazy handyman, that she HAS to speak those words out loud. Now or never! You can read in her glistening eyes that she's wearing her heart on her sleeves, bracing to be rejected once again by this man who's already turned her down before. I think this is precisely why when Du-Shik also confesses he's in the same boat as her, her eyes go wide with disbelief, echoing much of our reactions as viewers too! (i mean, we pretty much know how the movie goes, and Du-Shik is quite adamant on some things!)

Similarly, reading Hye-Jin's expressions and KNOWING the kind of woman she is, Du-Shik's profoundly affected as well. Among the progression of his multiple expressions.. I LOVE how KSH's eyes carry out Du-Shik's wonder at this equally crazy, relentless dentist, who he turned down a couple of episodes back, is yet again there in front of him confessing her love because she cannot contain it anymore. He's shocked someone could find him worthy of love, and feel for him so, SO much more than he's used to. That he'd be hearing those words that he thought he wasn't deserving of hearing. Ever.
And he's so touched by her gesture (likely because he pretty much was prepared to do the confessing first)... that he begins tearing up too.

I lost count how many times I have re-watched this scene. Swoonies posted it on insta once again, a close-up shot. And I'm prepared to cry buckets once again because of how *heartfelt* and *touching* this scene was. 10/10 for execution! <3 <3

• Like 11
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 3

Wow this thread is moving FAST!!! We’re all so hyped and squealing about the ending of episode 10 :cutekitty:

@Ohsh yeah I noticed that too about the still cuts for episode 10 that we saw a picture of Du Sik near the door. Maybe it was taken just for the still cut or a deleted scene in the drama? Or it could be shown in the epilogue like @Raynaa said too. If it isn’t shown in a epilogue though, it was probably just for the stillcut then.

Also the scene where Hye Jin asks Du Sik who is the first person he talked about his grandpa with… First I love how Hye Jin was holding onto Du Sik’s shirt the whole time she was laying down. I really appreciate small attention to details and things like this, but it also shows how frightened Hye Jin was and kept holding onto Du Sik. Second, I thought it was funny how she said “에이.. 씨-” (“aish, shi-) and the dog howled. I’m not sure if anyone else noticed but the dog censored Hye Jin cursing, which is why Du Sik laughed :lol: Also I kinda wanna say that part of that scene was adlibbed too? I don’t know ever since Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho mentioned that the drama had a lot of adlibs, I’ve been trying to spot them…

@EInfinity I’m already squealing at the fact that Gu Sik says “Hye Jin. Yoon Hye Jin” in the preview! So in the early episode, Du Sik mentioned to Hye Jin to not call him oppa. I would love if they did a parallelism scene and now that they’re dating, Hye Jin calls Du Sik oppa once hehe.. I love when dramas do that and have that parallelism between scenes!

@kdrama_luv Yesss love that Hye Jin interrupted Du Sik and told him not to say anything because she also knows that Du Sik mentioned that they are friends a few times already, so she just stopped him and told him that shes not expecting him to do anything. You go girl!! And yes Du Sik doesn’t disappoint and goes straight for the kiss, telling her that he can’t hold back anymore too!!!

ugh just the thought and brief scenes of seeing Du Sik and Hye Jin being all romantic and lovey dovey in episode 11 is making me freak out and squeal!! Omg the total shift in their interactions from each other from one episode to another… Guys im not prepared for all the romantic scenes that are coming up with our OTP. i tend to pause the video (MANY times) when something like that happens and I freak out, mentally calm myself down, and press the play button again. Then I just go through that whole cycle again! I sense this happening next episode for me with our SikHye couple :bashful: 

But one last thing I want to say is that im really glad that Du Sik opened up his heart and accepted his feelings for Hye Jin, but we can’t deny that he still holds lots of guilt, pain and trauma inside of time so I hope that we will see the drama reveal what exactly happened to Du Sik in that 5 years and see Hye Jin help heal Du Sik’s heart and overcome that trauma!

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

@ferily Agreed… I found it just too adorable that she was still holding onto his T-shirt. It really seemed like she was really her vulnerable self with all walls broken down at that point. The little girl who grew up with out her mom and the little girl who grew up too fast taking care of her dad with a drinking problem instead of being taken care of….The girl finally found someone she could cling too without being concious of appearing  ‘needy’. Also Dushiks smile and actions accepting her how she is letting her sleep on the couch, reading to her and sleeping next to her on the floor. That was the first scene where both their walls broke down simultaneously, knowingly and without a care I’m the world.  (Earlier when she cried in the hospital it was just her and the stabbing scene it was just him but both without realising and impacted by the situation).

• Like 10
  • Love 1

32a35c83d7e94c859bcdb2c6ba003703ec277af2.gifv

c dusiks

---

It’s really good to see how the writers describe and blending therapy into the story , because it’s not about needing someone to fix you but having someone by your side as you heal yourself. 

Spoiler

“cause you can be hurt by love, or healed by the same. Timing is everything.”

===

parallels hyejin x dusik + yellow florals

imageimage

----

Just a note! Because Netflix didn’t translate this… 

The scene when Du Shik was massaging Hye Jin’s cramp away, he asked her to fill the awkward silence by meowing… 

It’s because a cramp is pronounced as JWI (쥐) which is the same word as MOUSE (쥐) same spelling as well. cr. liveasbutterflies

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 4

Looking back, it's interesting that HJ's dad wanted her to marry into a big family. She has that in Gongjin, not in a blood family, but in a large, supportive close-knit community nonetheless. In contrast, even though DS has so many people around him, his grandfather just wanted ONE person to come into his life so he wouldn't be so lonely. :wub:

• Like 13
  • Insightful 2

Was anyone else chanting "kiss..kiss...KISss..KISS" moments before the kiss when HJ had her fingers on DS lips? 

18 hours ago, kdrama_luv said:

I can’t help but feel that ep.10 could be a pretty nice ending for the drama. 

HyeJin stopped DuShik from saying anything when she confessed. Was she worried he might say “Dentist, I only see you as a friend and nothing more…”? And bam! Our Chief Hong didn’t disappoint the viewers. 

6 more episodes, bet there’s a storm coming after ep.11 overflowing scenes of lovey dovey. Urgh! 

- HyeJin got hurt again 

- DuShik blamed himself & initiate a breakup 

- HyeJin returning to Seoul with SeongHyun 

- HyeJin recalls the moment where drunken DuShik teared on her shoulder asking her not to leave

- HyeJin returned to GongJin to stay with DuShik

HAPPILY EVER AFTER PLS! :evillaugh:

You've hit the nail on the head on how this will all play out. I was thinking the same thing. But I was sadly thinking that granny might pass away would be the reason why DS breaks up with her :bawling:

• Like 5

Annyeonghaseyo 

Love reading all the posting. make me smile early in the morning. keep it coming. 

I pray writer- nim will do it light and easy, lots of heart warming discovery and healing support between HJ & DS. 

With 6 more episodes to go through, am hoping that, both HJ & DS will also help the villagers with their past issues and heal their wounds , like maybe HJ could talk to her landlady and landlady could ponder about her past relationship and move on without regret too.

Maybe HJ & DS could be bringing Grandma to Seoul and could have met up with Grandma's son and the son would be more affectionate towards his mom after seeing an elegant lady and handsome man bringing his mom holidaying in Seoul .

Our couple will be a loving therapist for the village at the same time getting to know each other better, understanding with deep love and at the same time offer healing support to the kind and caring villages. Its Hometown step by step by step....

Post more ya. i love reading them all.... Am waiting for Ep 9 & 10 BTS

• Like 7
  • Awesome 3

11 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

I first know of KSH from stumbling upon You drive me crazy and totally agree about his kissing skills. It was so hot. But I actually really like DS and HJ’s kisses after the confession. It felt very intimate but also appropriate to the stage of their relationship. And also how it may likely be DS’ first relationship! Here’s to kisses like those in You drive me crazy in episode 11! 

@7psyche7 and @Chibi8535 I am weird when it comes to kissing scenes in dramas - I usually skimmed through them. I only liked and rewatched a couple of kiss scenes before, and You Drive me crazy (the peach tree kiss) was one of the few i rewatched. It was the first drama I saw KSH in too so I had fond memories of that show. Glad that so many of you have watched it too :) 

Rewatching episode 10 is keeping me happy while waiting for the next episode. This is one of the most heartfelt and touching confession I have seen. There were many with tears and snot (I found these type of crying kissing scenes gross and tended to skip them), but this particular scene was pitch perfect - you can see that they are close to tears but yet not crying. Must have been hard to maintain that composure through multiple takes. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I have rewatched episode 10 so many times already, I love it! Just from Du Sik saving Hye Jin the beginning, to Hye Jin spending a night at Du Sik’s place, to Du Sik’s grandpa memorial, and finally the amazing confession :cutekitty:

Now excuse me while I rewatch the whole drama again…

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

9 hours ago, ferily said:

@EInfinity I’m already squealing at the fact that Gu Sik says “Hye Jin. Yoon Hye Jin” in the preview! So in the early episode, Du Sik mentioned to Hye Jin to not call him oppa. I would love if they did a parallelism scene and now that they’re dating, Hye Jin calls Du Sik oppa once hehe.. I love when dramas do that and have that parallelism between scenes!

I remember DS jumped when HJ said oppa, so it will be hilarious if she teases him again :D HJ calling DS Hong banjang is sweet, too, everytime she shouts "Hong banjang" then runs towards him like she can't wait to be in his arms again :wub:

While ep 9 concentrated on the family issues, ep 10 was full of sweet moments, it showed how much ShikHye couple cared for each other. While HJ cried asking DS why he jumped at the guy with a knife, he looked worried and said "I was afraid he might hurt you". After they got out of the hospital, DS was the first one who wondered where she would sleep and brought her home. He made tea for her, massaged her foot, made food for her and stayed on the sofa to read poem for her, to make sure she can get some sleep. 

HJ knew that it was grandpa's memorial day so she brought some food to DS's house. While everyone else left after giving DS the food, she was the only one who stayed to help DS prepare the memorial ceremony. She then decided to stay longer to greet grandpa and mostly I think because she didn't want to leave DS alone. She peeled the crab for DS and even told him how much love she had for him to overcome the hassles of peeling the crab :D 

Aren't they the most kind-hearted souls? :wub:  I am slowly embracing all these moments until Sat. I would not want to think much about how the story will go, I would just enjoy ep 10 for this week first :D

Great news!!! Seonho tops the chart for 5 weeks already. I am having a huge crush on him :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

still so many days until Sat. haha I keep thinking about this drama and our main leads.

I hope there won't be so many obstacles for them. I don't want to cryyy. 

I got teary eyes watching them kissing. Can't image if they separate or whatever happen. :lol: 

Btw I am surprised how DS still remember the little girl from like 20 years ago? 

Wonder if HJ will finally remember him too.

• Like 6

@EInfinity yesss I hope the drama would do a parallel scene to when Du Sik didn’t like it when Hye Jin said he’s her oppa now that they’re dating :wub: The drama has done some parallel scenes so I hope they’ll do it for this one!!

@cuteyabby at the end of episode 9, we see that Du Sik is walking somewhere, he was probably on his way to Hye Jon’s house, which is why he managed to save Hye Jin from that guy. That’s what I’m thinking. The reason why he was on his way to Hye Jin’s house? We don’t know but maybe he wanted to see her or tell her something?

@nyk I was thinking the same thing too about Du Sik remembering her but it’s also one of the few significant memories Du Sik has with his grandpa, so that’s why I’m thinking he remembers. That same day, young Du Sik and his grandpa took the family portrait photo too so after thinking about all of this, I’m not really surprised that he remembers.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, EInfinity said:

She then decided to stay longer to greet grandpa

It's poignant, that the one who stayed back to greet Gramps was the one Gramps wished for Du-Shik, on his birthday while he blew the candles out. Oof, the writing always makes me cry! T_T

-The fact that a pair of actors, who visually would probably suit more as a pair of siblings because of their matching right-dimples.... (i questioned the 'chemistry' before the release of promos!)
-The fact that they naturally have a very playful, sibling-like dynamic IRL (interviews, BTS) because of their age difference (yes, Seon-Ho is positively like a kid with candy around Min-Ah Noona!)...
-Yet, the fact that they have such a sizzling chemistry playing a pair of on-screen lovers veryy close in age, convincingly playing a reverse-age dynamic (you can feeeeeel Hye-Jin is younger than Du-Shik!), whenever the Director shouts: 'Cue.'

Just convinces me how brilliant these two are as actors! <3 <3 <3
Kudos to LSY too, who really feels like Hye-Jin's sunbae, despite being 7 years her junior IRL.

Meanwhile, lemme go watch more of Seon-Ho being an adorable deongsaeng to his Noona! xD xD xD

• Like 8
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, nyk said:

still so many days until Sat. haha I keep thinking about this drama and our main leads.

I hope there won't be so many obstacles for them. I don't want to cryyy. 

I got teary eyes watching them kissing. Can't image if they separate or whatever happen. :lol: 

Btw I am surprised how DS still remember the little girl from like 20 years ago? 

Wonder if HJ will finally remember him too. 

I hope their road ahead won't be too challenging, too. Let's have faith in writer and PD-nim!

I am also surprised that DS remembered HJ but I think @ferily explained why. HJ first saw that photo of DS and grandpa in front of the photo studio when she was running in ep 2, she said "I know a mischievous face when I see one" hmmm not sure what she meant by that, did she remember he was the one that she met on the beach? When HJ came to DS's house for the first time in ep 4 and saw the picture, she only said that she saw it in the photo studio.

I am curious to see whether they will also realize that they met as teenagers as well, and the identity of DS's mysterious coin purse :) I re-watched ep 6 epilogue already, the coin purse that young HJ used is different from the one DS is using.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Chibi8535 said:

It's poignant, that the one who stayed back to greet Gramps was the one Gramps wished for Du-Shik, on his birthday while he blew the candles out. Oof, the writing always makes me cry! T_T

This is such a good point! Didnt get it until you mentioned.

Re: Age gap of leads. Think SMA is young at heart ;) Since her bf is even younger at 32yo, so she should be quite comfortable with younger man

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1