[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

Just now, Thong Thin said:

From my POV, Ga-On being a new babe who just graduated are being used and manipulated by his Professor.

After all, Supreme Court Justice Min Jung Ho is his teacher and to Ga-On, he is always right.

Ga-On has yet to use his thinking cap to justify himself what is right and wrong instead of just hearsay.

Hope, Yo-Ha will bring light and open up naive Ga-On in the coming episodes.

Gaon is 29, so he shouldn't be a recent graduate... unless he was so bad in school that he had to retake. But he seems to have been appointed as judge for his academic competence - not that we have seen much of it so far. Gaon barely does any work, from his first day at court to now: he had to be told by the associate judge to read up on the procedure of the trial he was going to hold! 

5 hours ago, Di_Ya said:

Also, doesn't Elijah's action look a bit of a petulant child? I mean her uncle disappeared for a night without notice and came back like nothing happened (in her eyes). Could it be that she went with Kim Ga-On to spite Kang Yo-Han? Just a way to stick out her tongue at her uncle... It didn't work how she expected but it could be a fun addition to they relationship. 

I do agree with you that Elijah is being immature. At times she accuses Yohan of killing her father and everyone, other times she has a good relationship with him, like when she helps him out and researched a prison for him. Yohan is her guardian, so it seems that she is pushing back like any other teenager would. 

10 hours ago, qynn said:

@noor1All that producer cares about is ratings so Yo-han could very well have given him the material beforehand, and he would have done what Yo-han asked because it meant good tv. 

The fact that Yohan attacks the members of the foundation, is a bit concerning. One of them is the president of the TV network, no? So from now on it should be harder for Yohan to make use of his live court. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

@Di_Ya, @iria Chingus, now that you have mentioned it, I had the theory that Ga On could be the baddie in the initial 2 episodes, didn't really share it back then and then seeing the recent episodes thought it couldn't really be the case. But, I have always thought this one thing, despite abandoning the whole Ga On being the bad guy, and it was what if he was the one responsible behind the fire? Back then I thought it could be a mistake since he must have been a kid (thinking he was just in his early 20s), and the Church fire incident took place like 10 years ago or so (please correct me if I am wrong here). 

But, now if we are supposed to go with Ga On being the bad guy, I think it is more than possible that he was behind the Church fire since if it happened 10 years ago, he must have been 19 and quite capable to start a fire and flee from the scene. Why did he do it?

There is a chance that Yo Han's father had a hand in his parents' death and it could be because he is Isaac's illegitimate child. Or if I frame it better, when Ga On's parents lost their money to the con artist as mentioned in the 2nd episode, it could be Yo Han's father they went to get some money and well the dude wasn't kind to this couple of debtors. Yo Han said how his father would go to confession room every time his debtors killed themselves (in the lunch scene in ep 2), and we know Ga On's parents did the same.

So, even if it wasn't really to harm to illegitimate child and also as many suspect Ga On and Isaac are just strangers who resemble each other in an uncanny manner (although I still incline on him being Isaac's son), Ga On must have tried to get revenge and did it with the Church fire, since Isaac suddenly donating all that money could have triggered him. "They didn't spare my parents, and now want to donate all that money" kind of thing. 

One thing about the fire incident does not really match and that is all the people Yo Han is going after were actually in the church. I don't really see them as people who would put themselves in danger just to kill a person. They were getting a large sum of money, so why would they? Or if they really planned it, they would do it after getting the money from Isaac. So I am certain the culprit of the Church fire is someone else. I wouldn't be shocked if it was Ga On. But for now, seeing how they are portraying him, I think there is a higher chance that he will join hands with Sun Ah, than him being the main baddie. Still, I do believe he could be, but it is just in the less probable possibilities for me right now. 

1 hour ago, agenth said:

The fact that Yohan attacks the members of the foundation, is a bit concerning. One of them is the president of the TV network, no? So from now on it should be harder for Yohan to make use of his live court. 

I actually think it is the other way round. He openly attacked them, so now they cannot attack him that openly, since public will see it as a sign of them being the bad guy here. So if they cause problems for the live court getting air or overall thing, Yo Han wouldn't let it stay in dark and would inform public about it. Public is on his side right now, of course they can be swayed, but right now if they do go after Yo Han or live court it will be seen as them admitting being the bad guys. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I actually think it is the other way round. He openly attacked them, so now they cannot attack him that openly, since public will see it as a sign of them being the bad guy here. So if they cause problems for the live court getting air or overall thing, Yo Han wouldn't let it stay in dark and would inform public about it. Public is on his side right now, of course they can be swayed, but right now if they do go after Yo Han or live court it will be seen as them admitting being the bad guys. 

Right. They can't remove him from the live court without looking like they are trying to hide something. It was a smart move by Yohan. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But, now if we are supposed to go with Ga On being the bad guy, I think it is more than possible that he was behind the Church fire since if it happened 10 years ago, he must have been 19 and quite capable to start a fire and flee from the scene. Why did he do it?

It's possible. One of the things in those flashbacks that actully caught my attention was the fact that, when little Elijah ran into the church main hall, she was looking for Isaac, and when she found him (they made extra effort to distinct him from other people), she seems a bit confused and lost (it can be explained by other reasons, of course, but it was still odd). 

Then Kang Yo-Han's reaction at accusation from Kim Ga-On. Nanny and Elijah probably aren't very... secretive about their less than favorable feelings towards him in that matter, but when it came from that specific person he snapped. At this certain phrasing. 

Also, Kang Yo-Han is determined to make Kim Ga-On find out the truth. Like Kim Ga-On might know it, just don't remember. If I'm not wrong there is possible for a person to be in a state of mind that they don't recall certain action they'd made or forget about it under trauma. It's possible that Kim Ga-On caused fire and simply forgot. 

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

One thing about the fire incident does not really match and that is all the people Yo Han is going after were actually in the church.

He may not know what and who is exactly behind the Dream House project and by eliminating members of the foundation (known to him, and probably only because they were there on that day, which made them the only trail he has), he shrinks the group to more managable individuals and possibly finds more evidence, clues, files, people involved, etc. in the process. 

Edited by Di_Ya
  • Like 1
  • Blob 3

29 minutes ago, Di_Ya said:

He may not know what and who is exactly behind the Dream House project and by eliminating members of the foundation (known to him, and probably only because they were there on that day, which made them the only trail he has), he shrinks the group to more managable individuals and possibly finds more evidence, clues, files, people involved, etc. in the process. 

One thing I am sure about, is the fact that Yo Han knows the 5 people whose photos he broadcasted to be part of Dream House Project aren't really the big heads. Having spent time with them, he must have realized they aren't really that capable of doing things themselves and that there is one Big guy hiding behind them. 

I had seen a comment (not sure who), asking he didn't show Sun Ah's pic while talking about the Dream House Project scam, and I believe while he knows she is directly involved in it, it wouldn't really help him if he does show her picture. She is a mere secretary on paper and if things do go down she would just put all blame on the old guy. I think Yo Han does know she plays an important part here and was the mastermind behind both attacks on him, but as I said it would be useless if he would show her picture. 

Also, I think there is still someone behind Sun ah here. Because a house maid, suddenly getting this much powerful to control an old dude and be the main head of the foundation means she has got a solid backing. She surely has got something big in her hands that is making the old dude her dog literally. This is where I think Ga On's mentor comes into play. I could still be wrong and it might too early to make guesses, but to reach where she is, she needs a solid backing and who would be better than a supreme court judge himself. He is influential guy, and also being in Judiciary, he could have provided means to control the old dude in the foundation. 

37 minutes ago, Di_Ya said:

It's possible. One of the things in those flashbacks that actully caught my attention was the fact that, when little Elijah ran into the church main hall, she was looking for Isaac, and when she found him (they made extra effort to distinct him from other people), she seems a bit confused and lost (it can be explained by other reasons, of course, but it was still odd). 

Then Kang Yo-Han's reaction at accusation from Kim Ga-On. Nanny and Elijah probably aren't very... secretive about their less than favorable feelings towards him in that matter, but when it came from that specific person he snapped. At this certain phrasing. 

Also, Kang Yo-Han is determined to make Kim Ga-On find out the truth. Like Kim Ga-On might know it, just don't remember. If I'm not wrong there is possible for a person to be in a state of mind that they don't recall certain action they'd made or forget about it under trauma. It's possible that Kim Ga-On caused fire and simply forgot. 

Well, there are many holes in this theory of mine. Like Ga On forgetting about that incident would be too weak for a plot. At the same time, he does look genuine in wanting to know more about the fire incident even when he is alone. Maybe he is investigating it all trying to put the blame on Yo Han, but still I think it would require some really good writing. 

But, I still think this is a possible thing, since Ga On was 19-20 years around that time of event, so he could have done it. 

There is another thing I had noticed but forgot to mention, maybe some Chingus could throw more light on it. During the first episode when Yo Han was getting ready for the first live court trial and looking at his robe, he remembers a fire starting from a fire place, somewhere which looked like a drawing room or a study with chairs and table around. Didn't look to be the Church hall where the fire was happening.

Question is, from Yo Han's story which he told to Ga On, he was in the Church Hall trying to save Isaac and his family, but how does he remember the fire place then. Is it one of the parts that Yo Han skipped in his story and knows how and who started the fire. I don't really think it was just a random scene, or maybe I am overthinking. What do you Chingus think about it.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

it was an ugly kiss and surprised me more than if Yohan and Gaon had kissed. It would

certainly be more sparkling.

I would like it to be a romance between Gaon and Elijah.  Of course, that will not happen.

Scenes from the past are intriguing and I dont want a cheap twist that GO is a bad guy.

0:56..  our drama needs some  humor..   sweet

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

53 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Also, I think there is still someone behind Sun ah here. Because a house maid, suddenly getting this much powerful to control an old dude and be the main head of the foundation means she has got a solid backing. She surely has got something big in her hands that is making the old dude her dog literally. This is where I think Ga On's mentor comes into play.

She doesn't have the means to be a sole mastermind. Her background (and be realistic, her gender in the show that time and again emphatize men's domination) isn't allowing her to play a big shot without either a blackmail material (but it can be obtained, if she hasn't anyone on her side, what's it to a nameless person to just dissapeard?) and/or someone whose her benefactor (or the boss). 

I'm still curious about Isaac's wife and her background - was it said in the show if she was from rich or poor family? (it's related to the person at charge, which maybe connected, but it's a side note, not important here). 

I think Yo Han does know she plays an important part here and was the mastermind behind both attacks on him, but as I said it would be useless if he would show her picture. 

I think he doesn't know or suspect her of being more important. Kang Yo-Han is still a man who has money and looks at those with less as lesser. She's a maid for him, and unimportant fly, whose obssessed, but she already had been in the past, so nothing much changed. He's may not connect her to the bigger picture - because, again, she's petty and annoying. 

Like Ga On forgetting about that incident would be too weak for a plot. At the same time, he does look genuine in wanting to know more about the fire incident even when he is alone.

It'd made the whole inccident more intense and emotional, to cause a young, graving person to forget about his wrong doings, that'd also hightlight the guilt in him. Trauma is a powerfull thing, and subconsciously it may push him more to find out the truth and blame someone else, because he has strong feelings towards said person. I don't find that weak (it was used in some dramas, but can't recall titles, I'm generally bad with titles), if incorporated skillfully into the plot. But, well, we'll see. 

During the first episode when Yo Han was getting ready for the first live court trial and looking at his robe, he remembers a fire starting from a fire place, somewhere which looked like a drawing room or a study with chairs and table around.

Hm, it could be symbolic (the burning of the old court started, like his revenge have started and now the ghost of his brother would finally rest?). Or he mixed things up - his childhood memories with the later memories of the fire? That's my guesses. Wouldn't think too much into this, but maybe it's important somehow? 

EDIT: 

A radom thought: 

The show implies the tension between Kang Yo-Han and Kim Ga-On, mostly of sexual nature, or an physical attraction. It's obviously fanservice to some degree, but the question is: would they do that, if they are related. Wouldn't that leave a bad taste, if the kinship is... true? 

Edited by Di_Ya
  • Like 1
  • Blob 3

45 minutes ago, Di_Ya said:

I think he doesn't know or suspect her of being more important. Kang Yo-Han is still a man who has money and looks at those with less as lesser. She's a maid for him, and unimportant fly, whose obssessed, but she already had been in the past, so nothing much changed. He's may not connect her to the bigger picture - because, again, she's petty and annoying. 

I think otherwise actually. To me, it felt like Sun Ah already showed that she is the mastermind when she appeared in the live court during the sexual assault case. So I strongly feel Yo Han knows about her, and knows she is the mastermind here. Also after the stunt she pulled, I don't think Yo Han would be seeing her as an unimportant fly. I think Yo Han is attacking her pawns here, and also will try to see who is the one behind her. 

49 minutes ago, Di_Ya said:

It'd made the whole inccident more intense and emotional, to cause a young, graving person to forget about his wrong doings, that'd also hightlight the guilt in him. Trauma is a powerfull thing, and subconsciously it may push him more to find out the truth and blame someone else, because he has strong feelings towards said person. I don't find that weak (it was used in some dramas, but can't recall titles, I'm generally bad with titles), if incorporated skillfully into the plot. But, well, we'll see. 

For me, honestly if they suddenly turn it into a thing Ga On and forgot, it would be a big meh moment. It would suddenly become like "Mouse" (not sure if you watched it). All the dramas I found this happen, especially in Mouse, I wasn't really impress by it all. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

@Sleepy Owl We don't talk about Mouse :rip:

Lol putting that aside... I think I mentioned this before but I personally don't think Ga On and Yo Han are related and it's purely a coincidence, but also with Ga On having the same face as Yo Han's hyung, Isaac, it'll invoke past memories and allow us to see more into Yo Han (also letting Ga On get to know Yo Han more and delve more into his past)

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, ferily said:

We don't talk about Mouse

:rip:

It was so bad or something? YouTube tried to convince me it's interesting to watch, but that emoji... Maybe better stay on unawareness side...

:fear:

10 minutes ago, ferily said:

it'll invoke past memories and allow us to see more into Yo Han

Can't wait for that part to be revealed. It'd gives us some perspective and, probably explain, how Kim Ga-On fits into the whole picture of the fire and Kang Yo-Han's plan. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

10 minutes ago, ferily said:

Lol putting that aside... I think I mentioned this before but I personally don't think Ga On and Yo Han are related and it's purely a coincidence, but also with Ga On having the same face as Yo Han's hyung, Isaac, it'll invoke past memories and allow us to see more into Yo Han (also letting Ga On get to know Yo Han more and delve more into his past)

Till now, I think this the case only. But I have been suspecting Ga On to be related to Yo Han since the first episode itself, and seeing his hyung being carbon copy of Ga On, I just can't help but feel that Ga On is Isaac's son who was abandoned since he was born out of wedlock. For now though, they have been showing it to be otherwise. 

Let's see how things unfold. 

12 minutes ago, ferily said:

@Sleepy Owl We don't talk about Mouse 

I see you are as traumatized of that drama as I am :sweats:

1 minute ago, Di_Ya said:

It was so bad or something? YouTube tried to convince me it's interesting to watch, but that emoji... Maybe better stay on unawareness side...

Consider yourself lucky to be on that side Chingu :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@Sleepy Owl Yes some people say it’s the greatest drama ever and a masterpiece, meanwhile I’m just like :Fist1: @Di_Ya Sleepy Owl and I watched it while it was ongoing so each week was painful.. it’s definitely more of a binge-watching show.

@Sleepy Owl That would be kinda interesting if Ga On was Isaac’s long lost son though because it would make the relationship between Ga On and Yo Han deeper! And more meaningful. However, I personally don’t think this is the case and he looks like Isaac for the reasons I stated before :) But let’s see! The writer can surprise us.

Also is it me that just realized that Jisung played two characters with the name, Yo Han? First in Doctor John and now The Devil Judge. I totally forgot that his name is Yo Han in Docroe John even though his name is literally in the drama title :sweats:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 7/20/2021 at 8:29 AM, iria said:

i think the general public opinion wont affect the flow of the drama. As far as i know, this is the pre-produced drama, which means the filming for all episodes has been done. 

One of the main discussion in korean forum, the director actually mentioned that kim gaon is the toughest and most complex character to play, up to the point that they have a difficulty of finding the right actor to play as gaon. Therefore i think Kim Gaon is not as 2 dimensional as we think (naïve, lack of sense etc etc). who knows that maybe he is the main antagonist in this drama right (lol this is a reach tho).

i mean people really underestimate him, which i think is what the director wish for. like in the first and second episode, he might appear as a fool for putting the spying device on the most obvious place, and people praise yohan for noticing the spying device. but what if all of these is intentional? what if Gaon intentionally wanted to be caught so he can be in yohan's radar? what if all his naivety and foolishness is just a façade? 

He could be good or bad, astute or naive for all I care, but he currently lacks conviction/motive. I don't dislike the character, but I feel apathetic toward him. The show need to give us a reason to care about him as a person. Luckily, from the preview we might be able to finally see more of his story. Usually by episode 4 or 5, we'd already have a good the sense of all the characters, or at least a strong desire to want to know them. If the writers are playing a long-game with this character, making him make irrational decisions isn't winning the international viewers over, lol.

I hope he fits into the story in a brilliant way. Maybe he had plastic surgery to make himself look exactly Isaac for a darker reason underneath. Though, there's no way that Yohan didn't do a thorough background check on the two judges who would work with him. Yohan lives to study and manipulate people, so it would be a total surprise if Gaon flips the script on him.

Just curious... what do the Korean viewers think of all the skinship / fan service between them? 

• Blob 4

On 7/20/2021 at 3:26 AM, noor1 said:

Jin Joo is a simple straight-forward woman who has a long illustrious career ahead of her, right now I cannot imagine her with the dark gloomy lovelorn lost vengeful crazy fake-charm Yo Han! (btw, she is his only fan who is not a cultish weirdo). 'Plus, I think he's gay (though I don't think this drama will be overt about it).

I agree. As Sun Ah showed Jin Joo the pictures hanging at the Hall of Justice all men and not a single woman. After Sun Ah left her standing there, Jin Joo looked around and had this expression in her face that there will be a picture of a woman judge hanging on that wall. Sun Ah maybe unhinged as Yo Han  but she knows how to stand up for herself and womanhood. So yeah, Jin Joo has a more practical goal for herself other than becoming the "Ophelia" to an emotionally and mentally disturbed Yo Han. 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:14 AM, iria said:

One thing that bothers me, whats with the constant hate towards kim gaon hahaha. I mean the reaction is so different with the reaction on the korean platform, most of them there liking the kim gaon character because he seems easy to read but actually the hardest to comprehend. on the exterior he might seem like the boring uptight rookie judge, but we all know he's much more than that. 

like in the first and second episode, he might appear as a fool for putting the spying device on the most obvious place, and people praise yohan for noticing the spying device. but what if all of these is intentional? what if Gaon intentionally wanted to be caught so he can be in yohan's radar? what if all his naivety and foolishness is just a façade? 

I liked Gaon at the start. I did not see him as the bad guy and neither did I see his mentor Judge Min as one. I thought of them as the characters who will have a stabilizing influence on an emotionally and mentally troubled Yohan who now has acquired a cult following. However, Gaon's actions are not stabilizing but rather provoking and seemingly, not well thought. He made friends with an emotionally troubled and confused minor who is wheelchair dependent, (Elijah) who started to like and trust him then took advantage of that by taking her out of the house without the guardian's permission, to question her and make her sign a legal document which thankfully she did not. Unlike Yohan who has the means to pay for a private investigator, Gaon takes advantage of a woman detective who is in love with him since childhood, who proposed to him many times over and practically throwing herself at him but he kept her hanging, and used her to do private investigating for him illegally. She is made witless by this unreqiuted love for Gaon, that she does his bidding at a ring from his phone. If all of these seemingly guileless actions were by design by Gaon then he is even more mentally unhinged and dangerous than Yohan or even Sun Ah. If he intentionally put that spying device at the most obvious place inorder to get caught, then it also is a possibility that he saved Yohan from the bomb intentionally knowing that a bomb was going to explode inorder to get himself inside Yohan's house. Then he got his girl investigating the bombing also knowing that Yohan will follow his lead. He could have told his girlfriend to question the bomber without warrant just because he did not want the bomber arrested knowing that Yohan will follow his lead to find the bomber and execute his own "justice". If his man did not stop him, Yohan would have strangled the bomber to death, as he did the fireman who stole the watch (let him jump to his death). Gaon then would have a reason to discredit and have Yohan arrested. If Gaon's naivety and foolishness is a facade, then he could be the main antagonist of the drama.

As for Sun Ah, she will run off with the money and will end up lounging at a beautiful beacfront of a hotel she owns. She becomes The Boss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

That last scene when Yohan stood in the center of the court was powerful

For some reason it reminded me of a scene from ''Gladiator'' when Maximus 

was standing in the middle of the Roman arena.   :D

Whatever Yohan does the public loves him.  

I felt sorry for Elijah when she realised why Gaon had introduced her to SH.

He noticed her disappointment.

And then Yohan came and just took her away.

Both men were selfish. 

E6ubvkcVEAMuGY5?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, KY L said:

He could be good or bad, astute or naive for all I care, but he currently lacks conviction/motive. I don't dislike the character, but I feel apathetic toward him. The show need to give us a reason to care about him as a person. Luckily, from the preview we might be able to finally see more of his story. Usually by episode 4 or 5, we'd already have a good the sense of all the characters, or at least a strong desire to want to know them. If the writers are playing a long-game with this character, making him make irrational decisions isn't winning the international viewers over, lol.

I hope he fits into the story in a brilliant way. Maybe he had plastic surgery to make himself look exactly Isaac for a darker reason underneath. Though, there's no way that Yohan didn't do a thorough background check on the two judges who would work with him. Yohan lives to study and manipulate people, so it would be a total surprise if Gaon flips the script on him.

Just curious... what do the Korean viewers think of all the skinship / fan service between them? 

most of them liking the chemistry between gaon and jisung as far as i observe. they also praise the acting of jinyoung as gaon, many of them are surprised when they know jinyoung is an idol , they thought he is a rookie actor because he acts so well.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, KY L said:

Usually by episode 4 or 5, we'd already have a good the sense of all the characters, or at least a strong desire to want to know them.

If we're optimistic, there might lie the trick. It's either a bad writing, or the diverse play.

We focus on the bad things, inconsistency, and general... recklessness that gets annoying fast, and ignore the impact it has on the other characters, the way their actually started circling around Kim Ga-On, even the Isaac's cross get into consideration, when before it was just a sentimental souvenir.

The attention wanders from Kang Yo-Han, it slowly, but methodically directs towards Kim Ga-On, I don't know if you noticed it? There is a lot more actions pointing at him, than at Kang Yo-Han, and even Kang Yo-Han looked at him in the court. Does anyone has the same feeling, or I seeing things?

8 hours ago, KY L said:

Maybe he had plastic surgery to make himself look exactly Isaac for a darker reason underneath.

He looked like Isaac more than 10 years ago (in high school), so the surgery might not be an option. Or his a Doppelgänger of a Doppelgänger who has a surgery to resemble an only (true) heir. 

8 hours ago, KY L said:

Though, there's no way that Yohan didn't do a thorough background check on the two judges who would work with him.

He just one man with a single (but capable) minion. There's just as much he can do to get to the dark secrets. He's not the kind of guy to have a big net of contacts or the connections, or at least he doesn't seem so. If someone looks closer, he's a bit... behind in that part of the rich men's game.

8 hours ago, KY L said:

Yohan lives to study and manipulate people, so it would be a total surprise if Gaon flips the script on him.

It probably happen, the question: how is still open. 

6 hours ago, lila21 said:

So yeah, Jin Joo has a more practical goal for herself other than becoming the "Ophelia" to an emotionally and mentally disturbed Yo Han. 

We do not know much about her at this point. Yes, bits here and there, but nothing about her past, her relationships, her family (she from country, if I'm remember correctly) and has an ambition. It's all. She might be a wench, whose stepping on people on her way, she may do something in her past that needs to be hidden, or the way she's might be an act. So, would be so sure about her role in the game just yet.

Also, shipping is a wishful thinking, a bit of fun, so don't take it too seriously. 

However, Gaon's actions are not stabilizing but rather provoking and seemingly, not well thought.

If you want your enemy/opponent to underestimate you, you're going to be an idiot. A bit capable, but otherwise... more annoying and reckless than one would expect. You want an enemy to lower their guards, and then strike with the heavy blow.

(It might be Kim Ga-On, or might be a writer, who doesn't want for viewers to pay attention to his actions, just see the inconsistency, and turn eyes from the other things)

He is literally not helping in the court at all (could help to split the team), live in Kang Yo-Han house, which means that he is... distracting us with that thing his doing, he uses Elijah in the last episode, he is... easy to get under someone's skin, those things are getting piled up. 

If all of these seemingly guileless actions were by design by Gaon then he is even more mentally unhinged and dangerous than Yohan or even Sun Ah.

Who can say in the absolute certainty that he isn't? We don't know much about him yet, which gives a lot of room to flip things upside down.

If Gaon's naivety and foolishness is a facade, then he could be the main antagonist of the drama.

Yep. It makes a lot of sense, if looking at it from different angle. That's what's disturbing. Though, I don't think he's the main bad guy in that scenerio...

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Shine With Their Bonding Moments In “The Devil Judge”

d23b4fc3c25d422db47f25928ed180d4.jpeg?s=

Jul 23, 2021
by L. Kim

The chemistry between Ji Sung and GOT7’s Jinyoung is one of the key points of “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions, and GOT7’s Jinyoung plays Kim Ga On, a young associate judge who is passionate about justice. Is Kang Yo Han a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

In the drama, Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On are part of the live broadcast courtroom show. The two have completely different values when it comes to justice, and they faced conflicts from their first meeting. Kang Yo Han thinks a trial is like a game where proof is the key to winning, but Kim Ga On firmly believes they must stick to the law no matter what. In some aspects, Kang Yo Han seems to lack humanity, which makes Kim Ga On feel edgy.

However, after Kim Ga On learns about Kang Yo Han’s sorrowful past, Kim Ga On starts to see Kang Yo Han in a more compassionate light. Kang Yo Han is starting to change as well. Kim Ga On looks very similar to his dead brother Kang Isaac (also played by Jinyoung), and perhaps that’s why Kim Ga On is warming up to him bit by bit. As the story progresses, the cold tension between them is gradually easing.

Previously on last week’s episodes, Kang Yo Han forced Kim Ga On to choose whether he’ll get in his way or side with him. The subtle emotional changes between the two hint that they may strive towards the same goal later on. The episodes also showed their “bromance” moments as they not only work together but also live under the same roof.

the-devil-judge-32.jpg

ji-sung-got7-jinyoung-1.jpg

The interesting changes in the two characters’ relationship comes from the chemistry between Ji Sung and Jinyoung. Ji Sung is showing the charms of his character through his excellent acting skills, and Jinyoung is also increasing immersion with his stable performance. Viewers can look forward to more changes between Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On in the upcoming episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1480421wpp/ji-sung-and-got7s-jinyoung-shine-with-their-bonding-moments-in-the-devil-judge

• Blob 3

The Devil Judge: Episode 6

by quirkycase

DJ06-00575.jpg

Our scheming judge finds himself facing an obsessive adversary who might just give him a run for his money. Thanks to her expert maneuvering, he’s forced to go on defense as his trustworthy image is threatened. Meanwhile, our houseguest makes himself a little too at home and oversteps, putting him on the outs with his host.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

DJ06-00020.jpg

Ga-on is awoken in the middle of the night by a worried Elijah. She tells him Yo-han is gone – he’s never stayed out like this since the fire. Ga-on fixes them some tea and notes that Elijah must actually like her uncle. She even helped with the Seok-hoon case.

When Elijah counters that she was just doing it for fun, Ga-on laughs at the family resemblance between her and Yo-han. She sobers and says Yo-han is the type who destroys everything around him. She’s heard the stories of what he was like as a kid. And just look at what happened to her dad and her.

Meanwhile, after being forcibly kissed by Sun-ah, Yo-han remarks that she still doesn’t know her place and has a habit of “touching everything.” We flash back to when the housekeeper was training young Sun-ah who was mesmerized by the riches around her.

She’d particularly taken a liking to the pretty Yo-han, pitying that he was kept in the basement. She started bringing him meals and even being his lookout so he could go upstairs without his father knowing.

As Sun-ah cleaned the upstairs window one day, Yo-han asked if she liked him. When she said she did, he asked her to prove it by jumping out the window. The housekeeper witnessed Sun-ah jumping and looked up in horror at Yo-han watching passively from the window.

Now, Sun-ah whines at how mean he was when she liked him so much. Yo-han scoffs that it wasn’t truly him she liked. We see that Yo-han had caught her stealing and warned her against it, which she excitedly took as him worrying about her.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/the-devil-judge-episode-6/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1