[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love Between Fairy and Devil 苍兰诀

sugarplum892

33 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Meaning ? No more xianxia? All of the ML are pretty in real life...

TV broadcast  agency tighten the rules for 2023 , 

sing&dance idol background not allowed to be male/female lead , 

face must be "natural"

top popular actor/actress cannot act in ______ (i don't understand the term, it should mean historical epic)

eilitism theme not allowed (show with poor people serving rich CEO family)

dropping to bottom of society not allowed , male chauvinism not allowed

modern and revolution theme drama are encouraged

the above are my translation of the gossip , which i think have high accuracy not fake rumor

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:58 PM, Wuzetian said:

One of the teary eyed moments...

@ElleSor Are you a BGM fan? I cant seem to find any BGM except from the channel above for just 2 songs...

No I'm not but it sounds pretty cool.

I haven't heard about special episodes or cuts.

Gosh I hope it pushes through,

Haven't had enough of them yet.

• Like 2

This one!

Seriously I hope this is real and not just feeding my delulu mind!

16 minutes ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

TV broadcast  agency tighten the rules for 2023 , 

sing&dance idol background not allowed to be male/female lead , 

face must be "natural"

top popular actor/actress cannot act in ______ (i don't understand the term, it should mean historical epic)

eilitism theme not allowed (show with poor people serving rich CEO family)

dropping to bottom of society not allowed , male chauvinism not allowed

modern and revolution theme drama are encouraged

the above are my translation of the gossip , which i think have high accuracy not fake rumor

This would cross out so many ppl already...Xiao Zhan/Wang Yi Bo, etc... Is Dylan from idol background? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

• Idols are not allowed to be casted as lead actors 
  • Military dramas cannot feature romance, too beautiful actors (too much plastic surgery) cannot be featured in military or police drama
  • Celebrities are not allowed to use English/foreign names. (which is why Li Jia Qi reverted to her original name, instead of the name she adopted --> La Mu Yang Zi, the actress who played The Legendary Life of Queen Lau, as it sounded Japanese, with four parts)
Spoiler

Overall not sure how 1 and 2 would work...crazy...

1. I wonder how would they determine who is an idol and who is not. What would be the 100% criteria here?...

2. Wow, so now handsome actors would have to present documents from medical examination confirming there "beauty" is God-given??!

3. If it's true I pity Angelababy(((. 

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

Is Dylan from idol background? 

It's my understanding he is, but I honestly don't know the full criteria of being an idol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Overall not sure how 1 and 2 would work...crazy...

1. I wonder how would they determine who is an idol and who is not. What would be the 100% criteria here?...

2. Wow, so now handsome actors would have to present documents from medical examination confirming there "beauty" is God-given??!

3. If it's true I pity Angelababy(((. 

It's my understanding he is, but I honestly don't know the full criteria of being an idol. 

True... everything is still gray at the moment...

CTO

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm so bingewatching this drama :eats2:

At first I didn't like the FL...to typically naive (read boring) 

But her character, although naive in some cases is very bright and emphatic in other. Her naivety lies in the fact she has lived so sheltered, but her wisdom comes from reading the fates of others. I'm glad the writers gave her character this balance. 

Dylan is perfect for this role! His eyes are very telling. Sometimes giving me chills, so cold. :lol:

I have a few more episodes left. Back to binging!

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I'm so bingewatching this drama 

At first I didn't like the FL...to typically naive (read boring) 

But her character, although naive in some cases is very bright and emphatic in other. Her naivety lies in the fact she has lived so sheltered, but her wisdom comes from reading the fates of others. I'm glad the writers gave her character this balance. 

Dylan is perfect for this role! His eyes are very telling. Sometimes giving me chills, so cold. :lol:

I have a few more episodes left. Back to binging!

I just fell in love with his expressions! Especially when he was in pain from the lightening strikes, nail hammering and his cries...

Saw some netizens made an altar with his devil picture...So funny...

@hush puppy @Keekiii @omiki @Latte_Anyday @Roan89 @rabbit_casa @ChibiLy @taekwang @orion00

Have you finished watching? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

@SilverDawn I agree with you on Dylan.  He is good.  No complaint.  Whenever i watch, I concentrate on him.

6 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I just fell in love with his expressions! Especially when he was in pain from the lightening strikes, nail hammering and his cries...

@hush puppy @Keekiii @omiki @Latte_Anyday @Roan89 @rabbit_casa @ChibiLy @taekwang @orion00

Have you finished watching? 

Dear @Wuzetian,  No.  I drop out!   I enjoyed watching Dylan.  But not for Esther.  Out of respect for her Fans, I won't dwell more on her. 

I find eps 20, 21, 22 (when they went to the Mortal World)  boring. I stopped there.

• Like 2

Collection of Dong Fang Qing Cang's smiles...

CTO

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Dear @Wuzetian,  No.  I drop out!   I enjoyed watching Dylan.  But not for Esther.  Out of respect for her Fans, I won't dwell more on her. 

I find eps 20, 21, 22 (when they went to the Mortal World)  boring. I stopped there.

Aww...What's on your watch list now then? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Hello @Wuzetian!  Yes, I have finished watching Love Between Fairy and Devil. Such a great fantasy drama and so addictive! I keep rewatching this drama and it seem I kind of lost interest to watch another drama than this one! All the casts are very good chemistry on and off screen. They are really like beastie and their acting is top notch. I know some of the audience not fan of Xia Lan Hua voice but what I can see her character is growing in this drama. Ehster and Dylan improved very much in this drama that make the love story great and loveable. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Hello @Wuzetian!  Yes, I have finished watching Love Between Fairy and Devil. Such a great fantasy drama and so addictive! I keep rewatching this drama and it seem I kind of lost interest to watch another drama than this one! All the casts are very good chemistry on and off screen. They are really like beastie and their acting is top notch. I know some of the audience not fan of Xia Lan Hua voice but what I can see her character is growing in this drama. Ehster and Dylan improved very much in this drama that make the love story great and loveable. 

It's my first time seeing both of them so at least I didnt have any comparison to make to their previous works. I'm not someone who can tolerate childish voices like many complained as it is but somehow I sensed purity in her character and that was the key for me to continue. Plus their character development is good and I am on my second rewatch... Hoping the Taiwanese company really fulfill the spin off for a movie or something...

Fans are creative to get netizens to watch since it is now available on Netflix...

CTO

• Like 4
  • Love 1