[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love Between Fairy and Devil 苍兰诀

sugarplum892

OK finally finished. Took me forever since samsara was airing around same time and I was not happy with that one. 

BUT ok I loved this drama. At first I thought it was maybe not as serious and just light hearted and wow did that change lol. 

I absolutely love the character development in this show. 

Spoiler

DFCQ in the beginning(I know it’s the tree but still) he seemed to only really care about himself and saw others as servants. Then towards the end he’s even pouring wine for SQ and telling him to drink with him. 
Pretty sure I don’t need to go into each character but they all were great. 
(YunZhong really annoyed me )

sound track is amazing as well. Great singers and lyrics 

costumes obviously were excellent it was super unique . The other only fantasy drama that I can relate costumes to is Ice Fantasy(do yourself a favor and don’t watch it lol) since the one also had its own unique style. (esp the headpieces )

It’s def a good length although towards the end I was like wait there’s one episode left WHAT. 

but only have a couple questions (compared to millions from other drama). That I might have missed from first watch 
- did they ever explain ChangHeng and his brothers family in terms of what happened. I know his mom was banished? 

- when XLH parents turned her into an ordinary grass, did they send it to si ming? (Love the cameos) kinda confused on that flow of things. 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:20 AM, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

TV broadcast  agency tighten the rules for 2023 , 

sing&dance idol background not allowed to be male/female lead , 

face must be "natural"

top popular actor/actress cannot act in ______ (i don't understand the term, it should mean historical epic)

eilitism theme not allowed (show with poor people serving rich CEO family)

dropping to bottom of society not allowed , male chauvinism not allowed

modern and revolution theme drama are encouraged

the above are my translation of the gossip , which i think have high accuracy not fake rumor

wait what ? I found an regulations i guess notice but the wording is kinda weird… I’m not really understanding what exactly is going to happen esp to already planned out xianxia dramas like golden hairpin etc…. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Ok that's what I'm feeling right now!

So peeps pay attention to the dates! 

Anyone here on Iqiyi VIP? Saw any updates? I dont see any on mine (not VIP though) Is it only for selected regions? 

I have iQIYI but I don’t see any updates. My VIP expired but they still list what vip can see compared to regular. I’m hoping something. I know the viewing calendar for this show it says that for “non VIP” the show completes “9/22” for VIP it was end of august. Not sure what that means tho… I do hope I get to see more. 

- oh wait I see something on another site that in about day and a half one special will come out. The. 5 days and a half the second special will. 

what are you guys fav episodes ? 

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote twitter posts when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Keekiii said:

I have iQIYI but I don’t see any updates. My VIP expired but they still list what vip can see compared to regular. I’m hoping something. I know the viewing calendar for this show it says that for “non VIP” the show completes “9/22” for VIP it was end of august. Not sure what that means tho… I do hope I get to see more. 

what are you guys fav episodes ? 

I don't see what you see on my iqiyi. The number of episodes still remain at 36 whereas I've seen other fb groups where the fans were screaming when their streaming platform has updated to 38! I feel like pulling my hair now!

I have so many favourites of the iconic scenes... This is one of it...

What do you all think is on Dong Fang Qing Chang's mind looking quietly at Xiao Lan Hua throughout the Dragon ride? 

CTO

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I don't see what you see on my iqiyi. The number of episodes still remain at 36 whereas I've seen other fb groups where the fans were screaming when their streaming platform has updated to 38! I feel like pulling my hair now!

I have so many favourites of the iconic scenes... This is one of it...

What do you all think is on Dong Fang Qing Chang's mind looking quietly at Xiao Lan Hua throughout the Dragon ride? 

CTO

Oh sorry it wasn’t on iQIYI I saw it on another site with viewing calendar. It’s In chinese tho but that’s what it says. 

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos/twitter posts when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Ep 28...I want to finish this drama before my trip to Spain on Monday  I need to know how this ends. :lol:

Would you be able to squeeze in so many episodes before you fly? :lol:

6 hours ago, Keekiii said:

Oh sorry it wasn’t on iQIYI I saw it on another site with viewing calendar. It’s In chinese tho but that’s what it says. 

Oh ic... let's wait for iqiyi on the actual day... maybe that's when they will drop the news...

Anyone who wants to join Discord?

CTO

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Wuzetian the image you posted of the first and second epilogue is on iQiyi's weibo, so it's official!

The message accompanying this weibo post is:

It's a mid-autumn festival announcement, isn't this the best gift for this festival? 

- officially airing on Netflix

- two epilogues on the dates you mentioned (12 Sept and 16 Sept) and 

- the most anticipated of them all (17 Sept), a fan meet

What story will unfold for Xiao Lan Hua and Dong Fang Qin Chang? 

Check out the notice here:

https://weibo.com/1731986465/M56Lhc3LC?layerid=4812176352874420

[I don't see anything on iq.com as well, the international iQiyi site. If all else fails, I know where to get alternative access if they don't want to air it there. :partyblob:]

@SilverDawn if you are desperate enough, (cough) you can always do what I do (cough).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

@Wuzetian he image you posted of the first and second epilogue is on iQiyi's weibo, so it's official!

The message accompanying this weibo post is:

It's a mid-autumn festival announcement, isn't this the best gift for this festival? 

- officially airing on Netflix

- two epilogues on the dates you mentioned (12 Sept and 16 Sept) and 

- the most anticipated of them all (17 Sept), a fan meet

What story will unfold for Xiao Lan Hua and Dong Fang Qin Chang? 

Check out the notice here:

https://weibo.com/1731986465/M56Lhc3LC?layerid=4812176352874420

[I don't see anything on iq.com as well, the international iQiyi site. If all else fails, I know where to get alternative access if they don't want to air it there. :partyblob:]

@SilverDawn if you are desperate enough, (cough) you can always do what I do (cough).

Thanks for the translation! It's basically happening tomorrow! Cant wait!

What is it that you do when you are desperate? Lol...

Please give us a concert! I will buy the tickets!

CTO

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Would you be able to squeeze in so many episodes before you fly? :lol:

Oh ic... let's wait for iqiyi on the actual day... maybe that's when they will drop the news...

Anyone who wants to join Discord?

CTO

Can’t wait!! Do you by any chance 

Spoiler

Know the backstory behind yun zhong and changheng mom? I know she abandoned the clan and ran off but not sure why. 

• Like 2

I love following xiotourmings twitter account. She often updating the characters weibo translation and they are so funny! I hope these are including in the epilogue. I don't know how long the epilogue episode duration and I hope they don't give tiny weenie like 8-10 minutes! At least 30 minutes please!

If you watch the post marriage interview between Dylan and Esther (when Dong Fang Ching Qang and Xiao Lan Hua in the mortal world), they talk about where do they live, the gossip with fairies and Xao Lan Hua mother (I think Esther referring to Sinming) might not like Dong Fanf Ching Qang if they didn't return to Syunyantian frequently.. lol

I also saw some short fan cam video Xiao Lan Hua wearing red wedding robe which is different from the drama. Not sure if we are getting wedding reception between these two lovebird. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, Keekiii said:

Can’t wait!! Do you by any chance 

Hide contents

Know the backstory behind yun zhong and changheng mom? I know she abandoned the clan and ran off but not sure why. 

My country is in the same time zone as China. So in just less than 4 hours it's 12th!!! Cant wait but still have to wait! 

I'm not too sure about the story of the other characters though...

6 minutes ago, orion00 said:

I love following xiotourmings twitter account. She often updating the characters weibo translation and they are so funny! I hope these are including in the epilogue. I don't know how long the epilogue episode duration and I hope they don't give tiny weenie like 8-10 minutes! At least 30 minutes please!

If you watch the post marriage interview between Dylan and Esther (when Dong Fang Ching Qang and Xiao Lan Hua in the mortal world), they talk about where do they live, the gossip with fairies and Xao Lan Hua mother (I think Esther referring to Sinming) might not like Dong Fanf Ching Qang if they didn't return to Syunyantian frequently.. lol

I also saw some short fan cam video Xiao Lan Hua wearing red wedding robe which is different from the drama. Not sure if we are getting wedding reception between these two lovebird. 

Oh I need to follow her on Twitter then...Was there a post marriage interview? I dont remember seeing any...Gosh the 2 epilogues are 1 week apart! How to breathe?

Btw, these fans surely are more obsessed than I am here...Lol...

CTO

• LOL 2

@orion00 Oh this interview I havent watched it yet...No wonder I wasnt aware of it...Thanks!!! So the wedding picture you saw is different from the mortal realm? Grander looking? 

OMG! Dylan is awesome!!! He made Dong Fang Qing Cang so powerful with effortless gestures! Love him to the moon and back! 

:fullofhearts:

CTO

• Blob 2

1 minute ago, Wuzetian said:

So the wedding picture you saw is different from the mortal realm? Grander looking? 

It's a fan video and just Esther playing with phone and wearing red robe. Nothing about the scene. I wonder if that just test costume before she change it to green (in the drama she wearing green colour). 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1