[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Just wonder how they are gonna do this consider we are in a pandemi. not so safe having crew and cast moving to different countrys i would assume. But I guess they knows best what they are doing. :) 

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Thanks @1ouise for that fascinating article on Min Jin Lee. No wonder the book got so much accolades. I'm glad people are taking interest on the book after the casting announcement.

No news yet (or leaks) on the Pachinko filming set. But I think they also have a schedule today in Andong. 

Welcome to the thread, @Joanna Alfson @Heavens @vangsweetie637 @sal2!

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Spoiler
On 10/27/2020 at 1:55 PM, Nikaa94 said:

Thanks @Nikaa94 for sharing the twitter.  Have put in spoiler, not sure whether can repost.   Just saw the notice and google trans it.

Support for Drama Shooting

Date 2020.10.27 14:34:35 HIT 1,430

Hello, this is Minoz Operations Manager.

Thank you for the love and support you always send to actor Lee Min-ho.

We would like to inform you of MINOZ regarding on-site support for the drama'Pachinko'.

We ask for your understanding that the filming site of the drama'Pachinko' is limited to all support including food such as food trucks and coffee teas to prevent the infection and spread of'COVID 19' unlike the previous filming site.

Also, we ask for your understanding that it is impossible to deliver items such as letters, gifts, and bouquets to the site during the filming period, and to visit the site due to thorough quarantine management.

This is a decision made by the production crew for safe and smooth shooting of all actors and staff, so we ask for your active cooperation.

We sincerely thank you again for the affectionate interest and love of MINOZ for the drama'Pachinko' and'Go Hansu'.

Always pay attention to your health and wish you a happy day today.

Thank you.

----

Hello, this is Minoz Operations Manager.
Always thanks for your love and support toward Lee Min Ho.
I would like to inform you about the support of the drama'Pachinko'.

Unlike previous filming sites, the'Pachinko's site is restricted from food trucks, coffee trucks or any other food deliveries to prevent infection and spread of "COVID 19."
Also, it is not possible to deliver letters, gifts, flowers and any other gifts. Visiting the sites will be prohibited during the filming period due to thorough quarantine management. This was decided by the production team for the safe and smooth filming of all the actors, actresses and staff, we expect for your kind understanding.
Thanks again for your attention and interest for'Pachinko' and'Han Su Go'. Have a good day.
Best Regards,

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote images. This includes embedded tweets too. Thanks.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Fan account :   https://weibo.com/2082656043/Jr6z9Do03?type=comment#_rnd1603778487593

Spoiler

7c22cf2bgy1gk3q89kn77j20u010t48p.jpg

用了3个夜里看完《柏青哥》,对于李敏镐 将怎么塑造高汉秀这个人物充满期待。尽管原著中这个人物到后面着墨越来越少,也几乎没有写他任何的情绪和个性,但有限的篇幅里依然可以看到他的一些特质,真的很喜欢这个人物。这是一个务实负责有爱也有力量的男人,是个能够掌控自己的力量用在适当的地方的人。他与顺子的相恋充满了浪漫的色彩,其实窃以为他之所以爱上各方面平平的顺子,是因为他与顺子本质上是同一种人-努力好好活着的人,充满了生命力。懂得在残酷的现实中放下无用的面子生存下来的人。他的成功是必然的。虽然是黑帮,却依然善良并愿意为自己爱的人付出,并不滥用暴力,他唯一的两次暴力对的都是日本人,师出有名,绝非为暴力而暴力,也不用暴力来换取权利地位。他很进取,自学成才,懂得知识改变未来。他身处乱世,自己的国家无力,民族被歧视,却能依靠自己的能力获得日本岳父的欣赏成为对方的女婿,在异国他乡闯出一片天。他有点像“飘”里的“白瑞德”却比他更自信和从容。

Translation :

It took me three nights to read "Pachinko",  and I am full of expectations for how Lee Min Ho will shape the character of Koh Hansu. Although there is less emphasis on this character in the later part of the novel, and almost no description of his emotions and personality, some of his characteristics can still be seen in the limited space, and I really like this character. This is a man who is pragmatic, responsible, loving and powerful, and who can use his power in the right place. His love with Sunja is full of romantic color, in fact, I think the reason why he fell in love with the ordinary Sunja is that he and Sunja are essentially the same kind of person -- a person who tries to live well and is full of vitality. The person who knows how to put down the useless face to survive in the cruel reality. His success is inevitable. Although he is a yakuza, he is still kind and willing to pay for the people he loves. He does not abuse violence. The only two times of his violence are against The Japanese. He was enterprising, self-taught, and knew that knowledge could change the future. He is in troubled times, his country is powerless, the nation is discriminated against, but he can rely on his own ability to win the appreciation of his Japanese father-in-law whom he become his son-in-law, making a fortune in a foreign country. He was a bit like Rhett Butler in "Gone with the Wind" but more confident and calm than he was.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Rookie actress Kim Min-ha cast alongside Lee Min-ho in Apple TV+ global series ‘Pachinko’

01.24174792.1.jpg

Upcoming Apple TV+ original series Pachinko has officially revealed its transnational main cast ensemble, which features Korean superstar Lee Min-ho and promising young actress Kim Min-ha.

Pachinko will follow the journey of a Korean family as they migrate to Japan in the early 20th century. While hoping to start again and build new dreams, the family members, together with other major cast of characters, will be faced with racism and stereotypes in the foreign land. The global series is adapted from a best-selling epic historical novel of the same name that renowned Korean-American author Lee Min-jin published in 2017. A year later, Apple Inc. purchased the screen rights for her novel.

Kim Min-ha has signed up to play the teenage version of Sun-ja, the female protagonist in the series. She is a heroic young woman who is driven to draw her own path, both in life and in love. Kim is fairly new in the entertainment industry. She played guest parts in the television series School 2017 (2017) and Partners for Justice (2018) and also widened her acting repertoire by taking on roles in the films After Spring (2018) and Killerswell: Our Space (2019). In her next role, Kim Min-ha is on to begin a momentous chapter in her career.

Lee Min-ho, who is best known for his unparalleled performances in the hit dramas Boys Over Flowers (2009), The Legend of the Blue Sea (2016–2017), and The King: Eternal Monarch (2020), is confirmed to portray Koh Hansu, a man born in Korea who later got adopted into a rich and prominent Japanese family. He built up his own wealth and power through his connections with the yakuza, members of organized crime syndicates originating in Japan. While living an opportunistic lifestyle, Koh Hansu meets Sun-ja and gets involved in a forbidden romantic relationship with her. From then on, he abandons his selfish ideals and uses his massive influence to keep Sun-ja, as well as her family, safe and well.

The trilingual series is also slated to present TV entertainers from different parts of the world: Korean-born American actor Jin Ha (Love Life) will suit up as Solomon, a motivated and charming young man who is forced to deal with his family’s past; Japanese-New Zealand actress Anna Sawai (Giri/Haji) will take on the role of Naomi, a quick-witted career woman who tries to make her way through the male-dominated world of finance; American-based Japanese actor Soji Arai (SHE JANG) will breathe life into Mozasu, a successful businessman and a committed father who is concerned about his son’s future; and Japanese actress Kaho Minami (Love Begins When the Money Ends) will play Etsuko, a dynamic and self-made woman who longs to be reunited with her estranged daughter.

Pachinko is written by its showrunner, Soo Hugh (The Terror, 2018), who also secured rights to the novel through the production company Media Res. It is co-helmed by directors Kogonada (Columbus, 2017) and Justin Chon (Ms. Purple, 2019). Kogonada will direct and executively produce the first four episodes, and Chon will do the same for the other four episodes. The series is set to kick off filming in Korea today, October 26.

credit : https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202010231079H

thanks, @willenette

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Lee Min Ho's Pachinko sets to follow strict COVID 19 precautions; Food trucks and site visits RESTRICTED

Lee Min-ho has officially commenced filming for Apple's Pachinko but unlike previous filming sites, fans are restricted from sending food trucks and there can be no site visits either.

lee_min_ho_pachinko_covid_19_safety_prec

After leaving us besotted with his royal avatar as Lee Gon in The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min-ho has finally signed his next project; Apple's Pachinko series. For the unversed, the drama is based on Min Jin Lee's 2017 novel of the same name and joining the cast, along with Min-ho, will be Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

Production for Pachinko has finally kickstarted in Korea and the team is strictly adhering to the COVID-19 safety precautions. Min-ho's fan club Minoz's Operations Manager put out a statement in the actor's official website revealing how sending food and coffee trucks is restricted with fans not being able to visit the filming sites either. "Hello, this is Minoz Operations Manager. Always thanks for your love and support toward Lee Min-ho. I would like to inform you about the support of the drama Pachinko. Unlike previous filming sites, the Pachinko's site is restricted from food trucks, coffee trucks or any other food deliveries to prevent infection and spread of COVID-19," the statement began.

"Also, it is not possible to deliver letters, gifts, flowers and any other gifts. Visiting the sites will be prohibited during the filming period due to thorough quarantine management. This was decided by the production team for the safe and smooth filming of all the actors, actresses and staff, we expect for your kind understanding. Thanks again for your attention and interest for Pachinko and Han Su Go. Have a good day. Best Regards," the statement added.

While fans will be disappointed, safety will always be the top priority!

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/lee-min-hos-pachinko-sets-follow-strict-covid-19-precautions-food-trucks-and-site-visits-restricted-570658

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

@Nikaa94 the set for Pachinko is reminiscent of TKEM. I personally don’t wish for any leaks to keep this project top secret but one photo of what he looks like as Hansu cannot hurt, right? :lol:

yes, one photo won’t hurt :approves: it is so hard to wait until our drama is released. 

Give me Han Su Oppa’s pics! :Pandabulous::glee:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1