[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo’s movies reached a record high rating when the first episode aired!

Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo’s movies reached a record high rating when the first episode aired!

The movie River Where the Moon Rises had a successful debut last night.

According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of River Where the Moon Rises has recorded an average national rating of 6.5% and 9.4%. This achievement is higher than the premiere rating of Royal Secret Agent, KBS’s previous drama aired in this time frame. However, the movie Royal Secret Agent started with 5.0% rating and ended with a personal best of 14.0%.
“River Where the Moon Rises” stars Kim So Hyun as Princess Pyeonggang and Ji Soo as On Dal in a reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale. Kim So Hyun also plays the role of Pyeonggang’s mother, Queen Yeon, while Kang Ha Neul will make a special appearance in the drama as On Dal’s father, General On Hyup.

https://lovekpop95.com/2021/02/16/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soos-movies-reached-a-record-high-rating-when-the-first-episode-aired/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4

Loved the first episode, even though I am a little confused about the politics. But it always takes me a few episodes to settle in historical drama.

I am enjoying the awesome women!power fighting scenes! And I like the new meet of On Dal and his princess. The preview looks great too. He says to her, "this is a precious body" hehe :D

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

[Naver TV] ‘River Where The Moon Rises’ Pilot Episode 1 Comments and Reaction

※ Shocking Appearance ※ On Dal Ji Soo who fights for his nation, Kim Sohyun

1. [+474][-7] Sohyun’s action scenes are insane

2. [+344][-2] I thought I was watching a movie.. The editing, cinematography and background music were amazing….

3. [+332][-6] Kim Sohyun is seriously pretty…

4. [+295][-6]  Kim Sohyun’s acting and action scenes are insane, I’m speechless. But Pyeonggang and On Dal are quite the crazy couple, I don’t think they’d fear anyone if they went around as the two of them

5. [+266][-13] As it goes, Kim Sohyun’s action acting is the among the best female action acting I’ve seen

The thing you must learn before holding a blade! Kang Haneul teaches his son about the importance of life ☆

1. [+129][-1] It’s such a shame that Kang Haneul only appeared for a little bit ㅠㅠ

2. [+101][-1] Kang Haneul is seriously good at acting

3. [+98][-7] It kind of felt like a drama without weight but as soon as Kang Haneul appeared, the quality of the drama changed…

4. [+75][-1] Actor Kang Haneul’s acting skills 

5. [+72][-2] Seriously where did Kang Haneul’s Yongsik go for this f*cking cool general to appear,, he’s hella good at acting ㅠ

What do you mean we’re traitors…! The young Princess Pyeonggang who had to run away with On Dal!

1. [+139][-1] To think that Kang Haneul and Kim Sohyun are a mother and father ㅜㅜㅜ They’re so good at acting that I could comprehend it. I want to see both of them together in their next work

2. [+102][-2] The scene where Sohyun pulls out Queen Yeon’s sword was cool but it hasn’t been uploaded.  I want to see it again though

3. [+88][-1]  Queen Yeon is so cool ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Her drawing her sword was insane ㅠㅠ I would like if Sohyun and Kim Haneul could later meet properly [in another work]

4. [+72][-1] It was a shame that Kang Haneul’s parts were so brief ㅠㅠ

5. [+69][-1] Sohyun looks great in that outfit

‘I know you!’ On Dal, whom she meets again not as a princess, but in a position of survival!

1. [+252][-5] I was mesmerised by Kim Sohyun’s beauty watching this drama.. She’s seriously pretty

2. [+233][-3] I knew that Sohyun was pretty but here she’s a handsome kind of pretty.

3. [+177][-3]  Seriously Kim Sohyun’s beauty is insane.. She’ll save the nation with that face..!!

4. [+131][-1] On Dal is a man of strength

5. [+121][-3] Sohyun-ah, have me ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠ Hella pretty, hella cool, hella handsome – you keep doing everything

https://netizen-kore.com/2021/02/naver-tv-river-where-the-moon-rises-pilot-episode-1-comments-and-react.html

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

For some reason I had thought she retained her memories and was plotting revenge.... turns out I'm wrong and she thought she truly was a daughter of those people. Wow. I had thought that was why she was looking at the king like that. Although it was weird when she did not recognise Dal's name.

I laughed when the friend first asked why she hadn't killed Dal yet, then pushes her towards him. Ah, she tried to be a wingwoman.

My heart just tugged when Dal's father refused to look at him in the last scene, when he was in jail and when the nanny burned off her eyes just so Dal would have a reason to stay. Gosh. I had thought that it was that bad man. But no, she sacrificed herself.

Enjoyed Episode 2 a lot as well. This series is going to stay on my watch radar!

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

37 minutes ago, agenth said:

My heart just tugged when Dal's father refused to look at him in the last scene, when he was in jail and when the nanny burned off her eyes just so Dal would have a reason to stay. Gosh. I had thought that it was that bad man. But no, she sacrificed herself.

I cried in this sceen :criesariver:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Blob 1

[Nbox] 9.7% in 2 episodes of'The Moon Rising River'... More than 10%

Input 2021.02.17. 7:13 am

Revision 2021.02.17. 7:15 am
0005169714_001_20210217071524527.jpg?type=w430Original view
KBS 2TV'River River' © News 1
(Seoul = News 1) Reporter Jang Ah-reum = The viewership of'River River' has risen, breaking the 10% mark.

According to the statistics of the audience rating research company Nielsen Korea on the 17th, KBS 2TV's Monday, Tuesday, and Tuesday, broadcast at 9:30 pm on the 16th recorded 5.8% and 9.7% of the nationwide daily viewership.

This is an increase of 0,.3% points from 9.4% (based on part 2) recorded in the last episode, and is also the highest viewing rate of the'River River'. It is expected that more attention will be focused on the trend of viewership in the future as it has achieved an increase of close to 10% in the second time.

On the other hand, JTBC's'Senior, Don't Apply Lipstick', another monthly TV drama that aired on the same day, showed a 1.590% rating based on paid TV households.
  • Blob 6

I liked

• that OnDal didn’t just let the deer go.  That would’ve been unrealistic in those times.  It was food.  Like he said, it’s about not being cruel in the process.  Circle of life.
  • the bamboo forest with the flags and the 2 pillars.  Flashback of TKEM.  Half expected Lady Maximus to make a cameo. 
  • the blind “mother”.
  • JiSoo’s OnDal.  He has an easy charm about him.  I haven’t cringed yet so that’s a good sign.  Even when he peeped under her hat.  He has a clear conscience.  So it’s no wonder he has little fear even when confronting a “killer”.  :lol:
  • that they dressed the “good” tribal leader in white so I could easily pick him out from the corrupt ones :lol:
  • the cinematography and morose music.  It really does take me back to that era and it doesn’t feel contrived.  The filters are very muted.
  • how her memories are coming back with the Palace visit and the fall off the cliff. OnDal to the rescue again.  A tad strange how he tried to stop the bleeding with the bandage (which wouldn’t be tight enough) but I’ll run with it.
  • old language references.  OD calls his “mother” “MoChin” on occasions.  The Chinese equivalent is MuQin.  It’s the old way of referring to one’s mother (very formal).  Loved it.
  • the interactions between the blind mom and OD.  And later on GJ.
  • the OTP.  Totally buying their love story.

Questions

• So who dropped the note for Go Geon to find?  Was it his father?  He was the one who ordered GG to be the one overseeing the ritual security detail.  But the father wanted the King dead?  He didn’t seem overly perturbed about the possibility of an assassin amongst the dancing ladies?  A bit risky to have dropped it hoping for someone to find it?  GJ had an accomplice there amongst the soldiers?  Who tossed her the sword?  Who then fled?  I assume that’s who told the Assassin Chief that GaJin had failed in her assassination attempt?

Dislikes

• some of the edits are very sudden and jarring.  Eg when OD makes to leave and GJ grabs his hand asking him to save her, the music is tender...and I would expect him to lift her and carry her but it’s just cut mid flow and we have night (ominous) and the Assassin group running the forest hunting GJ?  That transition was far too abrupt.  Hopefully we will have few of these as the drama progresses.
  • Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

Yay! Great to see the ratings staying strong. I hope they can get double figures next week:partyblob:

I just finished the first two episodes and I am ecstatic.  Finally! A serious epic, romantic historical drama.  The acting is fantastic, the action is thrilling, the plot is engaging, the ladies are strong and the cinematography is stunning.

I am so impressed with Kim So Hyun here  Her acting here is leaps and bounds better than the last drama I watched her in (The Tale of Nokdu) and her chemistry with Ji Soo is already lovely. I can't wait to see their love develop. 

I will admit I wasn't wasn't too sure ift Ji Soo would be able to pull off playing On Dal as I think this is a very difficult character to play but he is doing a great job so far. It is difficult to get the balance right without making On Dal seem like a total moron.  On Dal character is pretending to be clueless and harmless but occasionally the mask slip and his intelligence and pain underneath. Jisoo manages to convincingly play the "fool" part and still keep the character very charming and wise in his own way.

The king is a jealous idiot.  I don't feel sorry for him at all:rage: i just feel sorry for the ladies in the harem who have to put up with his madness (I'm sorry but I was ROFL when he was making those poor girls fight:sweat_smile:)and Pyeonggang's little brother. Poor boy lost his mother and sister, has to hear everybody badmouth his mother as an adulterer, the King is out of his mind and the new Queen treats him like an outcast.  I hope Ga Jin regains her memories soon so brother and sister can be reunited.

Kang Ha Neul only had a brief cameo but he really made a huge impression as General On Hyeop.  I am very sorry we won't see more of him.

I really like her two assassin pals especially the female assassin who helped bring our soon to be OTP closer together hehe;) Also I only realised when I saw their names are Tara Jin and Tara San that they must be brother and sister.

So far the second lead seems like a good guy. It seems he already loved her when they were children so I hope his character doesn't become bitter when he realises Pyeonggang's loves On Dal.

My biggest criticism is I think the backstory in episode 1 happened a bit too quickly. It was a lot of characters and historical and political information to digest in 50 minutes. I think it would have been better to tell this part of the story across at least two episodes but I understand they wanted to get into the current storyline quickly. Dramas used to devote multiple early episodes to the childhood and backstory of the leads. It is one of the reasons child actors like So Hyun, Kim Yoo Jung, Yeo Jin Goo became so famous. Sadly, I have noticed K-dramas lately seem to be hesitant to have long youth centred episodes because they are afraid the audience will lose interest:(

I hope we will learn more about the warrior turned monk and the Queen's backstory.  Or if he will become a significant character later on in the drama. I don't think the Queen cheated but I do believe he was her true love. The marriage to the king was political and certainly arranged when she was very young.

LOL! I was looking at some comments during the first episode and they thought because KSH was playing mother and daughter it would be the same dual role for hottie Kang Ha Neul.  Unfortunately, they were to be let down when Ji Soo appeared:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

Hi everyone!!

I decided to send it and start watching this drama because I am ALL FOR sageuk dramas! plus it's with Kim So Hyun and Jisoo?! Yes AND yes!

I admit, I was hooked to the drama after watching the first two minutes haha.. The whole Kim So Hyun playing the princess and the queen kinda confused me at first but I understand and realize that the first scene in Episode 1 is the future and the next scene is a flashback to the past. But omg Kang Ha Neul's CAMEO THOUGH! Ugh, blown away by it and super sad that it was only for the first two episodes...(cough at least we get a drama with him this year) Seriously, he is SUCH A GREAT ACTOR! He did such a good job portraying On Dal's father -- loved all his emotions and expressions... The scene where he turned away from his son and nodded at On Dal's stepmom , UGH...

Also one thing I'm surprised about is the drama began with a scene that is the possible ending or climax of this drama? Other dramas that have done this is My County and Vagabond so it'll be interesting to see how the drama plays out.. I'm actually wondering if the first scene is the actual ending of the drama and does On Dal really die in that scene?! Ga Jin said that she's glad that he survived though!

So many questions from the start of the drama, but so far I am enjoying the plot and look forward to see how Ga Jin and Dal fall in love :cutekitty:

• Blob 3

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

So who dropped the note for Go Geon to find?  Was it his father?  He was the one who ordered GG to be the one overseeing the ritual security detail.  But the father wanted the King dead?  He didn’t seem overly perturbed about the possibility of an assassin amongst the dancing ladies?  A bit risky to have dropped it hoping for someone to find it?  GJ had an accomplice there amongst the soldiers?  Who tossed her the sword?  Who then fled?  I assume that’s who told the Assassin Chief that GaJin had failed in her assassination attempt?

His dad was trying to get rid of two birds with one stone. He’s twisted. He is working alongside with her master who brainwashed her. Her master is GG’s father subordinate. His plan was to use GJ to kill her own father and then after she kills him, the troops will kill her. 

I’ll get back to on the latter questions if possible after I rewatch it but I agree with you, I think there’s an accomplice among the soldiers. 

2 hours ago, raziela said:

I am so impressed with Kim So Hyun! Her acting here is leaps and bounds better than the last drama I watched her in (The Tale of Nokdu) and her chemistry with Ji Soo is already lovely. I can't wait to see their love develop.

Ikr! She’s amazing :) 

really like her two assassin pals especially the female assassin who helped bring our soon to be OTP closer together hehe;) Also I only realised when I saw their names are Tara Jin and Tara San that they must be brother and sister.

I love them too! They’re twins :heart:

hope we will learn more about the warrior turned monk and the Queen's backstory.  Or if he will become a significant character later on int he drama. I don't think the Queen cheated but I do believe he was her true love. The marriage to the king was political and probably arranged when she was very young.

I’m looking forward to learning more about this as well :) 

LOL! I was looking at some comments during the first episode and they thought because KSH was playing mother and daughter it would be the same dual role for hottie Kang Ha Neul.  Unfortunately, they were to be let down when Ji Soo appeared:lol::lol::lol:

:joy:

14 hours ago, agenth said:

laughed when the friend first asked why she hadn't killed Dal yet, then pushes her towards him. Ah, she tried to be a wingwoman.

one of my favorite scenes :lol:

14 hours ago, agenth said:

this also killed me. I love their relationship :love:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

His plan was to use GJ to kill her own father and then after she kills him, the troops will kill her. 

I am not sure Go Geon 's father is in this plan.He always want to kill the king and he would be glad if someone else did this job for him.That's why he stopped Gogeon.If someone else make this ,he would easily take the throne .

But ı think the master of Gajin wants to get rid off the king and Gajin . He hates Goguryeo and with this plan he wants to kill the king and the princess. Maybe he wants to revenge  for the king ,because the king killed the innocent monks .

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2