[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

1 hour ago, MindyP said:

Just saw some people referred to that post from Soompi and decided to check it out, hello!!! Thank you so much for sharing my blog! I'm glad you liked my review :heart:

ooooh that’s you?!? You’re such an amazing writer :glasses:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

“River Where The Moon Rises” Holds On To Lead In Viewership Ratings

After making a strong start in its first week, “River Where the Moon Rises” continues to stay ahead of the pack!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 22 episode of the KBS drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.4 and 9.2 percent. This is similar on average to last episode‘s ratings of 5.8 and 9.7 percent.

On JTBC, “She Would Never Know” recorded ratings of 2.007 percent, a jump up from last week.

On tvN, “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” recorded average ratings of 5.7 percent, similar to last week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455842wpp/river-where-the-moon-rises-holds-on-to-lead-in-viewership-ratings

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, elan1 said:

Can you clarify for me, did GG father hired the chief or one of the assassins (the one that killed the baby) or both? 

im thinking that even if GG father is working alongside with chief, chief still has his own agenda as well, that’s why he was willing to team up with him. Just my prediction, what do you think? 

It sounds like GG’s dad (GoWon Pyo - GWP) planned it with the chief (but he doesn’t trust him fully).  And yes it does sound like the chief has his own agenda.  I think the tribal chiefs use each other (form alliances) against the Palace but each have something to gain.  Whether it’s the throne (GWP) or possibly revenge (Doo Joon Seo - Assassin chief).  

GG suspects that 2FL Hae MoYong was the person behind the note.  She seemed rather unperturbed by his accusation.  So not sure if she’s the one or not.  She is cruel though.  To nick the neck of OnDal and have him bleed slowly to death is not honorable.  It’s sinister and cruel.  Not a fan of her. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 6

20 minutes ago, nrllee said:

It sounds like GG’s dad (GoWon Pyo - GWP) planned it with the chief (but he doesn’t trust him fully).  And yes it does sound like the chief has his own agenda.  I think the tribal chiefs use each other (form alliances) against the Palace but each have something to gain.  Whether it’s the throne (GWP) or possibly revenge (Doo Joon Seo - Assassin chief).  

GG suspects that 2FL Hae MoYong was the person behind the note.  She seemed rather unperturbed by his accusation.  So not sure if she’s the one or not.  She is cruel though.  To nick the neck of OnDal and have him bleed slowly to death is not honorable.  It’s sinister and cruel.  Not a fan of her. :lol:

thank you for sharing your thoughts and your recap and I agree with them :) 

2FL is indeed cruel but interesting. I really hope 2ml don’t end up with 2fl. I hope she gets a taste of her own medicine but maybe she can be reformed and evolve into a good person but we will see :joy:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo Share An Emotional Moment In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” released new stills of Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a new drama that retells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

Spoilers

Pyeonggang regained her memories and remembered she was the princess of Goguryeo. Towards the end of the clip, she reunited with her father King Pyeongwon (Kim Bup Rae) and tearfully asked, “Why did you abandon me?”

The newly released stills give a sneak peek at On Dal and Pyeonggang sharing an emotional moment. Pyeonggang is shedding distressed tears, and On Dal gazes at her with a mixture of sympathy and sorrow. His eyes fill up with tears as well, and he approaches her and squeezes her arm. Despite his sadness, he takes care of her first, and viewers are curious to find what other events are in store for them.

river-where-the-moon-rises5.jpg

The production team shared, “As Pyeonggang recovers her memory, there will be big changes between Pyeonggang and On Dal. Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo portrayed these changes with their detailed emotional acting. Please keep a look out with great interest for the changes of the fate of Pyeonggang and On Dal, who have been deeply intertwined with each other since eight years ago, how their relationship will be resolved in the future, and how Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo will perform these moments.”

The next episode of “River Where the Moon Rises” will air on February 23 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455939wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soo-share-an-emotional-moment-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

@andy78 Yup, agree with you completely..from the beginning the chief knew Gajin is the Princess and is using her to kill her own father. What I'm wondering is, did Go Won Pyo know that the Princess was alive from the beginning and hired the chief? From the looks of it, I'm thinking, no....? Not really sure though.

Man episode 3 was really good too! I love how it focused on Gajin trying to find her identity and it looks like she's getting closer to regaining her memory! It seems right now that she is remembering bits and pieces but doesn't remember everything.

My question is, shouldn't On Dal recognize who Gajin is through the pendant because he saw her have it when they climbed the cliff together.. Also I notice that the blue pendant will be broken in half, I think, because we see in the beginning of episode 1 that On Dal has half of the pendant in the battlefield. Ahh I'm just looking forward to when we will see that scene :D

But so far, I'm actually really enjoying the pace of the drama and where the story is going so far. The one thing I am worried about is that the chief assassin is going to try to erase Gajin's memory again... We'll have to see what will happen though! (PS. Really like the 2nd female lead actress so far)

Also whoever said that the OST MV has alot of spoilers... Lol! You are right! I just watched the MV for OST 2 (love the song btw) and man, there are a lot of spoiler scenes!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, ferily said:

@andy78 Yup, agree with you completely..from the beginning the chief knew Gajin is the Princess and is using her to kill her own father. What I'm wondering is, did Go Won Pyo know that the Princess was alive from the beginning and hired the chief? From the looks of it, I'm thinking, no....? Not really sure though.

Man episode 3 was really good too! I love how it focused on Gajin trying to find her identity and it looks like she's getting closer to regaining her memory! It seems right now that she is remembering bits and pieces but doesn't remember everything.

My question is, shouldn't On Dal recognize who Gajin is through the pendant because he saw her have it when they climbed the cliff together.. Also I notice that the blue pendant will be broken in half, I think, because we see in the beginning of episode 1 that On Dal has half of the pendant in the battlefield. Ahh I'm just looking forward to when we will see that scene :D

But so far, I'm actually really enjoying the pace of the drama and where the story is going so far. The one thing I am worried about is that the chief assassin is going to try to erase Gajin's memory again... We'll have to see what will happen though! (PS. Really like the 2nd female lead actress so far)

I think Pyeonggang might have given him half of the pendant in On Dal's character teaser. There was a scene there where she seemed to be tying something around On Dal's wrist. 

https://youtu.be/uV8Uuk1NTA4

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

51 minutes ago, ferily said:

Yup, agree with you completely..from the beginning the chief knew Gajin is the Princess and is using her to kill her own father. What I'm wondering is, did Go Won Pyo know that the Princess was alive from the beginning and hired the chief? From the looks of it, I'm thinking, no....? Not really sure though.

I also don’t think he knew princess was alive from the very beginning because he was surprise to see the painting that his son had. 

56 minutes ago, ferily said:

question is, shouldn't On Dal recognize who Gajin is through the pendant because he saw her have it when they climbed the cliff together.. Also I notice that the blue pendant will be broken in half, I think, because we see in the beginning of episode 1 that On Dal has half of the pendant in the battlefield. Ahh I'm just looking forward to when we will see that scene :D

they met only once and it was only for one day, and it was like 8(?) years ago? So I wouldn’t be surprise if he didn’t recognize her or her pendant. I can’t even remember what I wore the other day :joy:

Thats a good observation on the broken pendant.

new behind the scenes photos

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 5
  • Blob 2

44 minutes ago, ferily said:

I think GWP didn't know the head assasin's identity only until he saw the drawing of YGJ from GG and he received the info about Pyeonggang's nanny. The chief tho i don't know what's his real motive regarding the assassination of the king and his hatered toward Goguryeo.

58 minutes ago, ferily said:

What confused me was when GJ was sleeping and OD was cooking in the forest and he said " I am worried this might all be for nothing. It might be better not to remember anything. I would do anything to forget what i have been through" Did he know her from the start and just trying to make it seem that he didn't? Remember the ending of episode 2 when he said "i know you"?

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

2FL is indeed cruel but interesting. I really hope 2ml don’t end up with 2fl. I hope she gets a taste of her own medicine but maybe she can be reformed and evolve into a good person but we will see 

Agree about her character being cruel yet interesting. Can also see chemistry between her and Ondal :wub:also love the Goguryeo outfit on her, she's pretty.

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, ferily said:

Also whoever said that the OST MV has alot of spoilers... Lol! You are right! I just watched the MV for OST 2 (love the song btw) and man, there are a lot of spoiler scenes!

i'm wondering too...could be that he has his own agenda...what if he is working for SILLA or Baekje as spy or has a personal revenge plan against foolish king...we will get our answers only if we watch the drama...

seems he does not realised who she is...or at least is not sure...but i remember the trailer he'll ask her:do you still want to be the KING...SO AT SOME POINT HE WILL REMEMBER HER...

I am worried about is that the chief assassin is going to try to erase Gajin's memory again too...let's hope he will not be able to do it this time...she has her gentle giant ready to save her anytime...Ondal is so strong ...after she trains him imagine what he will be able to do...

NOW from trailer i remember her voice saying i'm  neither a princess or assassin so might be that she will leave the palace and go after general and marry him...in the legend they become rich and powefull outside the palace ...and at some point her father will trust and rely on him very much...so will the next king...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Okay I take that back.  MoYong didn’t nick OnDal’s neck so he would bleed slowly to death.  She intended for him to drink his own blood to stay alive?  Is that worse?  :blink:  She’s power hungry(?) too just like her dad but also devious.  But she’s adopted?  Who were her real parents?

Ep 3 and 4 explained a lot.  And I am getting a handle of all the different tribes now.  How they scheme and form alliances for their own personal gain.  

As for whether GWP knew that the Princess would be sent to assassinate the king, I don’t think so.  He just made the links when he saw the portrait.  The startling resemblance to the Queen and then the secret letter from the new Queen consort informing him about her suspicions.  So I think he just conspired with the the Assassin chief to dispose of the King at the ritual.  The Assassin chief was the monk (?) who carried the Princess off after she witnessed her father’s crazed massacre of the monks. He then made her forget her past (gave her some concoction) and set her up with her fake new dad and trained her as an assassin.  As some surmised, he’s likely wanting revenge for the monks the King killed.  Having the Princess kill her own father be cruel.  It just shows the extent of his hatred.

I really like the little girl in the Village.  She’s delightful.  Her acting is superb.  It’s hard to be in character like that when you’re that young.  You either come across as overdone or totally lame.  She was just perfect.  Totally natural.

I am really surprised at how quickly everything seems to be “solved” already?  They didn’t drag out the amnesia nor did they drag out the ignorance of OnDal with regards to GJ’s true identity.  Everything is out in the open between the 2 fated lovers.  I am wondering where the writer will take us now.  The intrigue and power struggles within the Palace?

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

new Queen consort informing him about her suspicions.  

yes but they also seem very close...are they lovers?i don't think he loves her...he just uses her...she thinks her son will be king but the old fox wants the crown for him...

i wonder about Gajin mom tribe...from ep 1 we know she wanted to talk to her father and Ondal father...wanted the 2 tribes from the borders help against the 3 greedy tribes ...i bet her dad was the chief of that 5th tribe...i also think they must hate the foolish king a lot

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

So having watched 3 episodes, I am so far liking the drama. On Dal is far from being "On Dal The Fool" he was famously known as and we all know how this started, as the old lady living with him asked him to live like that, so him being a fool originated from there, otherwise, as I said, this dude has got brains. 

Interesting plot, based on a famous folk tale, with actual historical characters, and based on Gogoryeo and Korea's three Kingdom era. What else can a Sageuk fan ask for. Why I am always interested in Gogoryeo among the three Kingdoms of Korea in that era is because, apart from having tensions with Jurchens in the North, Shilla and Baekje in the South, there was always (for a long time in their history), tension among the 5 main tribes and the Royal family. The founder Jumong was not from any of these tribes, yet he united them and became the King, and so, since his time, the Royal family was always seen as an outsider by these tribes. 

So I am liking how they are showing the biggest tribe, Gye Ru causing the trouble here and trying to gain the control of the government. Plot is faster than I expected it to be, and let's see what else we have in store with this drama being a 20 episode one, which by default should be kind of slower than the 16 episodes one. But I would not mind it being long, as long as it is interesting, since well, there was a time when Kdramas were 24 episodes long.

I just hope that this will not be the other drama where Lee Ji Hoon plays the good guy turning evil. I have liked his character, since he said to the princess that he will remain loyal to the Royal family and will put it first before his tribe, so I hope we see for a change the second lead in a Sageuk not turning evil and stay the good guy he is. As for Hae Mo Young, while her character is quite interesting too, she is already the one providing the suspicious herbs to the King. 

Will be interesting to see if the King will believe he saw his daughter, or will he just think it was part of his hallucinations. By the looks of preview, Ga Jin will run away from the castle for now. For now, I don't think the assassin chief is the same monk who was rumored to be the Queen's past lover. If he is though, well, he is using her as the revenge against the King. He sure knows who she is though, but let's see. At least I don't want him to be the assassin chief, so that this dude remains an unknown variable for now. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I don't think the assassin chief is the same monk who was rumored to be the Queen's past lover. If he is though, well, he is using her as the revenge against the King.

I don't think the assassin chief is the same monk too...if that man is alive i wonder if he will be otp friend or foe...i hope he'll be a good person and will help clear queen's name...

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

ep 4 is even better ...she met the monk and it seems is a good man ...is still a monk and told her everything...he is not her father after all...general Go kept his promise and saved her twice today...he didn't do what his father asked him to do ...Gajin gave  general Go the necklace and told him the princess is dead...she chose to stay with Ondal and his people  for now...too bad general Go gave the necklace to the king and informed him where she is...she knows Dal is good general son and Ondal finally remembered her ...ep 5 preview is great :many otp moments he will tell her he likes /love her and will ask her not to leave to stay as Gajin...

• Like 4
  • Blob 3