[Drama 2021] Monster/Beyond Evil, 괴물

0ly40

I'm nervous about the final episode too! Seems like Han Ju Won will do something in the next episode...All actors deserve all the awards. Glad they will be part of the Baeksang (? is it that one?) Awards as Beyond Evil finishes just in time for the cut off date

• Love 2

Yeo Jin Goo And Shin Ha Kyun Team Up To Capture The Monster In “Beyond Evil”

a2d5fe70cf7a428680d7dfae50229757.jpeg?s=

Apr 9, 2021
by L. Kim

Tension will escalate in the upcoming episode of JTBC’s “Beyond Evil”!

In the previous episode, Lee Dong Shik (Shin Ha Kyun) and Han Joo Won (Yeo Jin Goo) finally dragged the true nature of the monster out into the light. They tracked down the secret rendezvous between Han Gi Hwan (Choi Jin Ho) and Lee Chang Jin (Heo Sung Tae) and learned the shocking truth. The person who drove Kang Jin Mook (Lee Kyu Hee) to suicide was Han Gi Hwan, and Jung Chul Moon (Jung Kyu Soo), who suspected the truth, was his next target. When Han Joo Won learned that the person who ran over Lee Yoo Yeon (Moon Joo Yeon) 21 years ago was his father, he exploded with rage, sorrow, and betrayal.

In the new stills, Han Joo Won and Han Gi Hwan have a tense confrontation with each other. Han Gi Hwan, who usually maintains a poker face, flies off the handle and grabs his son’s collar in rage. Han Joo Won refuses to back down, and he sharply glares at his father with a stormy expression.

beyond-evil-11.jpg

Another set of stills share a glimpse of Lee Dong Shik and Han Joo Won. Lee Dong Shik looks shocked at the sight of something, whereas Han Joo Won’s face is filled with determination. Viewers can look forward to unpredictable twists and turns until the end.

In episode 15, Lee Dong Shik and Han Joo Won will work together to prevent another tragedy. The production team hinted, “Please wait and see how Han Joo Won’s anger will affect their journey to find the truth. [The two characters] will come across unfinished calamities and unexpected twists. Please look forward to their synergy that will reach its peak.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463320wpp/yeo-jin-goo-and-shin-ha-kyun-team-up-to-capture-the-monster-in-beyond-evil

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Getting ready to watch Episode 15.  Agree @jongski BE has the meticulous plotting of Stranger with one of the best ensemble for a crime mystery thriller I have ever watched! Well deserved of all the accolades.

It’s my first time seeing Shin Ha Kyun, so impressed, got a new fan in me. I have seen Jin Goo before in Circle, he has a good nose for scripts.  Very glad to discover Choi Sung Eun - she’s beautiful and talented!  Love both Choi Dae Hoon and Lee Gyu Ho’s amazing portrayals of their characters! I love the small town vibe, reminds me much of My Mister.

For a drama that starts out very dark and mysterious, the ending strangely is far from melacholic... quite hopeful that justice can prevail.  That humanity will persevere over the worst of evil because of friendship, love and integrity.  It’s such an uplifting and positive thing!

I am watching Mouse at the same time, what confusing one that is.  This drama could serve as an example for so many screenwriters on the how to....

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

@foreverempress I know it doesn't say "EN" on the episode but subs are actually out already if you click the CC button :) Hope that helps chingu. I noticed the episode said there were no EN sub but I clicked the button and subs appeared!

Episode 15 was another great episode. The drama knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last episode. Ending of Episode 15 is shocking but it's definitely HJW taking the blame. I can't wait for the finale and see how everything wraps up!

Seems like there is one last secret between Kang Jin Mook and Do Hae Won... DHW is hiding something from Lee Chang Jin and Han Gi Kwan just like how LCJ and HGK hid the truth about Yuyeon to DHW.

@bedifferent Ah yes, Mouse is just...nothing compared to Beyond Evil (Look at Mouse thread for my rant :sweatingbullets:). Everything about the writing for this drama is perfect and pieced out sooo well. The acting in this drama is beyond phenomenal. I knew  that it would be a good drama with Yeo Jin Goo in it, he delivers SOOO well (this is why I am a huge fan of him, plus my profile pic ;)). This is my first time seeing Shin Ha Kyun (I think) and man is he so good!! He reminds me a bit of Jisung.. Great acting from Shin Ha Kyun and performing Lee Dong Shik. I can honestly praise ALL the actors because they did such a great job portraying their characters! Kudos to the Beyond Evil staff and actors/actress.

Honestly this is one of the best dramas of 2021! I'm sad that it isn't getting too much attention but hopefully when it's on Netflix, people will notice and appreciate it for it's worth :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I like the naming convention for the episodes. So i guess tonight will be holding on? 

Another round of great performances from the leads and supporting actors. In earlier episodes there were many exaggerated expression like DS's maniacal laughter, but this episode is more subtle. DS's expression after his mom reminded not to skip meals until he called JW for lunch was brilliantly conveyed and not overdone. I'm super excited for the conclusion, in a good way. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

“Beyond Evil” Previews Intense Moment Between Yeo Jin Goo, Shin Ha Kyun, And Choi Jin Ho

Apr 10, 2021
by L. Kim

Get ready for the final showdown between Yeo Jin Goo, Shin Ha Kyun, and Choi Jin Ho on “Beyond Evil”!

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Lee Dong Shik (Shin Ha Kyun) and Han Joo Won (Yeo Jin Goo) put their heart and soul into stopping stop tragedy from repeating itself. However, Han Joo Won stated Jung Chul Moon (Jung Kyu Soo) was dead, throwing viewers into confusion. Han Joo Won looked at his bloodstained hand and said, “I think I killed him,” and Lee Dong Shik was shocked by the unexpected events. On top of that, Han Gi Hwan (Choi Jin Ho) was appointed the head of the National Police Agency, signaling an unpredictable development in the story.

On April 10, the drama unveiled new stills of an explosive moment between Lee Dong Shik, Han Joo Won, and Han Gi Hwan. In one photo, Han Gi Hwan points a gun at Han Joo Won out of anger for being set up. Han Joo Won’s eyes flash with rage rather than fear. In another photo, Lee Dong Shik aims his gun at Han Gi Hwan, and Han Joo Won blocks him. What will be the final choices of these three characters?

beyond-evil-21.jpg

The production team commented, “Please watch to see the final choices that Lee Dong Shik and Han Joo Won will make. What is beyond the truth found by the two men who fiercely chased after the monster? The lingering feelings will be as deep as their desperation, and the ending will be very ‘monster-like.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463463wpp/beyond-evil-previews-intense-moment-between-yeo-jin-goo-shin-ha-kyun-and-choi-jin-ho

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

If I were to compare mouse and beyond evil on my own opinion I very much prefer how beyond evil was written and directed, I find that the plot here is simple and not difficult to understand being winning point, sometimes keeping things simple wins, and further more there is sophistication in how this drama reveal the truth slowly with details, just artistic and with good taste, the music, the development etc. And well, i noticed director picked all the good acting Actors and Actresses. Jin Goo, SHK, and even the supporting cast CDH,CJH, HYG, HST, they are all v good acting in this drama and added the vibes in the simplicity of the drama. How each and everyone of their acting’s counts that made this drama an lasting impression is impressive. I can’t wait to see finale today.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Currently watchif Ep 15. And waiting Ep 16. thoights about eps and whol drama once I watch ep 16 w/ sub

I can't compaire Beyond Evil to Mouse drama. I've not ye watcht a single episode of it. Maybe I'll binge once it''s done.  For Beyond Evil, this drama is superb in all aspect. As you can see from all my previous post of all the episodes.  BE is more of mental psychological  mystery, rather  than say actiion thriller drama.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I'm trying not to catch the spoliers for the finale ep 16. Everyone's conclusion and it's fact Beyond Evil deserves drama of the year and best actor and director.  My thoughts  for the finale  once there's sub.

Done with the  ep 15 : Letting Go.

And wow.. the end still left us hanging with HJW bloody hands.

This drama pyscholigcal thriller but the writer showed us well written thought of scenes. Human emotions as well. The scene with his mother is an example.  It's simple scene but you see the emotions and when  the mother worries for the son.. she told Don Sik  to eat and not skip meals.  It resonates to him. and the next scene was him him inviting  HJW for meal.  He showed his worry  and ask HJW  to eat food and not starving. He wanted Han Ju Won to eat meals.

And yeh can't believe I actually  laugh twice. During the fishing scene , and then the interrogation scene, when Dong Shik laugh after LCJ left.. that laugh of his. It'S the character trait  annoying laugh. Well acted so casually. He's amazing.

Beyond Evil  one of the best  procedural dramas in recent years. From the plot to directing  to writing,  and wow the acting! The director the writer and actors all deserves awards!

Shin Ha Kyun best actor in kdrama land! rightfully so!

Btw, If you haven't seen Shin H Kyun  previous best actor performance. It's in the drama called Brain (2011)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Best drama of 2021. It's only April there will be couple of others (still waiting for Juvenile Judgement and one other I'm not sure yet.

Final e 16 ended with the message

"in korea, an adult missing person is treated as a simple runaway case. In case you find any clue, please sure you report them to the nearest police station so that they return to their anxiously waiting family members'  - Beyond Evil ep 16

And yes the  clamor for  Daesang. Deserve.

Choi Dae Hoon deserves recognition for his character and acting.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Everyone, please remember to eat well, sleep well, and poop... yeah do that well too!  Live a good happy life.

So great to see two tortured souls happy.

A wonderful job.  Thank you for your hard work! Female scripwriter and PD.

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

Daebak! Daebak! Daebak! Probably the only K-drama ever that leaves me super satisfied. They didn't give "just enough". They gave perfection!

Spoiler

I'm thankful that HJW's character stuck until the last episode. Arresting LDS must be one of the most difficult thing to do when he feels that his family owed him so much, so LDS threw just the right carrot stick - that he won't surrender himself if HJW doesn't arrest him.

The finale is brilliant in so many levels. I do feel bad that the whole gang was not complete when they gathered at the butcher shop. Oh well...

Spoiler

Even though by the time HGH was revealed to be a hit-and-run driver towards the end; and I'm sure many guessed his suicide attempt would be interfered by JW, I still couldn't guess that THAT is the portrayal they decided. The 3-way confrontation was done in a brilliant way. We see that LDS was surprised and concerned when the father-son duo aimed at each other. I thought HJW action - "I'll be the one to do it. Inspector Lee, you can arrest the man who murdered your sister" - is him reminding LDS to let HGH be punished by law, as he does not want DS to stain himself further. I also appreciate that while JW was resolute when dealing with his dad, he was slightly shaken when cuffing DS. He had tears for LDS, but none for good ol' dad.

Even though the drama ended up nicely with no loose ends, it does seem to have potential for a sequel - although it would lack the personal element that existed in this one.

I think I would rank BE in the same row as Stranger (S1). I do feel that BE has a slight advantage over Stranger, as the case/event is personal and closely related to the leads. Stranger on the other hand was less intimate. We also haven't seen HSM in the same dilemma as HJW (although HYJ did experienced that in S2). In the same row there is also Nobody Knows - another crime drama that I thought was brilliant and had leads with strong morals. Signal too, but I feel that Signal had the fantasy element of time-travel, thus I believe is an unfair comparison.

I suppose, I'll have to wait for Signal 2 now....

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1