[Drama 2021] Monster/Beyond Evil, 괴물

0ly40

https://zapzee.net/2021/05/11/shin-ha-kyun-summed-up-his-feelings-about-beyond-evil-and-lee-dong-sik/
Shin Ha Kyun Sums Up His Feelings about ‘Beyond Evil’ and Lee Dong Sik

by kim yeo un

390637-DF-D003-4-C71-AE54-ECA9-F5-BAEF26
Credit: JTBC

Shin Ha Kyun appeared on JTBC Newsroom and expressed his thoughts on Beyond Evil and Lee Dong Sik.

JTBC Beyond Evil is a psychological thriller that digs into multifaceted human nature through two men chasing 20 years of the murder case. Released on Netflix after its finale on April 10th, it has been keeping its place in the TOP 10 Korean content.

Q1. Lee Dong Sik is a morally ambiguous character who is not purely evil or purely good.
It didn’t matter if he was good or evil. After reading the script, I thought it could become a series that people can watch twice. So I wanted the viewers to have different perceptions when watching it for the second time. I tried to deliver the fun of the genre but to the extent that it does not undermine the pain or sadness that Lee Dong Sik has. I wanted to carry out both together.

Q2. Did you expect great interest?
No, I didn’t. I just hoped I could deliver the story effectively.

Q3. What did you want to convey the most?
Filming the series, I learned that missing adults are considered simple runaways. Also, in thrillers, the focus is usually on criminals and incidents themselves, but I liked that this show revolves around the victim. 

Q4. What was the best line?
There’s a line I say at the end. “Eat well, sleep well, poop well.” To be honest, the line didn’t resonate with me when I first read the script. But while acting, It brought up such strong feelings out of the blue. In reality, that’s all it is. That’s what life is all about. This is the line I told Joo Won, but also I think it might have been what I wanted to hear. I’m getting emotional even now.

Q5. Many people call you Ha Kyun ‘Shin'(same pronunciation as God in Korean). “God of Acting.” 
I think it’s just how they call me in English. I’m not being humble or anything. But I’ve never felt that I am a gifted actor. I always feel insecure and regretful. I constantly reflect on myself on my way home from filming, looking out the window.

Q6. Are you strict with yourself?
From the beginning of my career to now, I always have received too much love for my skills and talents. I do what I do because it’s so nice that someone like me who is not eloquent can communicate with people by acting in a story. I’m not good at interviews, but I want to keep communicating with people in series and stories.

Source (1, 2)

Translator Kim Y.U: Welcome K-pop, K-drama, K-movie, K-culture fans. I hope you enjoy our news about K-entertainment.

• Like 3

https://zapzee.net/2021/05/12/who-will-win-the-best-actor-award-at-the-57th-baeksang-arts-awards/
Who Will Win the Best Actor Award at the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards?

by krishkim

60A9E380-5AD7-467B-986A-AEA6B252FA61.jpg
Credit: tvN, JTBC, SBS

Attention is focusing on the results of the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, which will be held on May 13th (Thursday). Especially, the competition for the nods for the TV category is expected to be even fiercer than ever, and the Best Actor Award is one of them. And this is mainly because actors with both popularity and acting skills are in the running for the trophy. There is only one trophy, and who will be the one to pick it up? Let’s look at the five nominees. 

Kim Soo Hyun – It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
tvN’s It’s Oaky to Not Be Okay made headlines with only the fact that it’s Kim Soo Hyun’s comeback project since his discharge from the military. Playing the role of caregiver Moon Gang Tae, the actor restrained emotions outwardly all the while expressing inner depression, emptiness and loneliness through his eyes. He depicted an unconventional yet affectionate romance with Seo Ye Ji and heartwarming brotherly love with Oh Jung Se.

Song Joong Ki – Vincenzo
Song Joong Ki played his best role in tvN’s Vincenzo. He turned into Mafia consigliere Vincenzo Cassano and flawlessly pulled off everything about the role, from cold-hearted and charismatic side to comedy and intense action sequences. As a result, he successfully seized both praises about his acting skills and viewer ratings. The actor personally showed special affection for the project, saying that it has helped him break the mold of his acting. 

Shin Ha Kyun – Beyond Evil
7887672B-6F2E-4E57-A33E-C0B34CA21E27.jpg
Credit: JTBC
Shin Ha Kyun has proved worthy of his name once again so much so that director Shim Na Yeon affirmed the series’ success as soon as she saw the ending scene of episode 1 of JTBC’s Beyond Evil. With his hair-raising performance, he was even nicknamed the “Korean Joker.” From sadness and anger stemming from his tragic family history to exhaustion of having to deal with all that by himself, he perfectly captured the complicated emotions of the character, receiving glowing reviews. People are saying that Shin Ha Kyun’s overwhelming performance breathed life into Beyond Evil’s messages and psychological thriller.

Uhm Ki Joon – The Penthouse: War in Life
Uhm Ki Joon became the “worst” guy with SBS’s The Penthouse: War in Life. As the most powerful man in Hera Palace, a residential and commercial complex that only the upper class could enter, he has shocked us with his wicked acts. Not only did he have an affair with Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) while being married to Shim So Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), he was at the center of various misdeeds such as dumping dead bodies, child abuse, and contract murder. Had it not been for Uhm Ki Joon, who would have played bloodthirsty Joo Dan Tae?

Lee Joon Gi – Flower of Evil
Lee Joon Gi shocked us as Baek Hee Sung, a man who even acted love, in tvN’s Flower of Evil. In a situation where a husband whom you have loved for the past 14 years may be a serial killer, the actor delicately builds up the plot as he made us wonder about his true identity. Although the role could be seen as an emotionless psychopath if express in a monotonous way, he added persuasion with the reactions he shows in his relationships with various people. He personally pulled off the intense action sequences himself. And thanks to his passionate performance, famous scenes with advanced action scenes with emotions were created.

Source (1)

Shin Ha Kyun deserve to win a for Best Actor. That is the truth. It's a fact.

Beyond Evil deserve to win a Best Drma. Best Writer and Best Director!

Actually Beyond Evil deserve all to win all awards. If you've' watch the show then you'll agree.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, agenth said:

Well deserved for this BRILLIANT SCREENPLAY!! Now please also best drama, actor!

3 minutes ago, larus said:

Congratulation to writer -nim for winning the Best Screenplay at Baeksang Arts Awards 2021. Well deserved.

Totallly deserve win for BRILLIANT SCREENPLAY!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Yeay!!! Is this the only win so far? Whats going on with the other categories? I'm so nervous.... Team FOE and Team IONTBO seemed to have high hopes for big wins...

Best Drama and Best Actor are still outstanding.

Best New Actress went to Park Ju-Hyun (Extracurricular), Best Supporting Actor to Oh Jung-Se (IOTNBO), Best Director to Flowers of Evil, Best Technical to IOTNBO.

screenshot-118.png

screenshot-119.png

screenshot-120.png

SHBUEFIÖWFJ

YES

YES

YES

HE WON

OH MY GOD IM SO HAPPY AS IF I WON LOL

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Does this mean he won't get the grand prize?

Yes, he will not get the Daesang. The rule for this award is to receive just one award. If he won Best actor he won`t receive The Grand Prize. That means anyone who was nominated in other category (another actor or actress or even a drama) could receive it.

I am glad that Beyond Evil got three important awards tonight. Congratulations.

img.gif 

This guy would have deserved Daesang as well BUT Yoo Jae-Suk is a good Daesang recipient!! (I'm happy that the other best actor nominees didn't get the daesang, because SHK is #1 :D)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, agenth said:

This guy would have deserved Daesang as well BUT Yoo Jae-Suk is a good Daesang recipient!! (I'm happy that the other best actor nominees didn't get the daesang, because SHK is #1 :D)

I also felt relief that the Daesang did not went to other actor/actress nominee. Would feel cheated if it were to happen that way. A bit bummed that BE missed best director though...

Congrats BE for all the wins!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, larus said:

I am glad that Beyond Evil got three important awards tonight. Congratulations.

@larus same .

Best Actor. Best Screenplay. Best Drama.

5 minutes ago, agenth said:

Yoo Jae-Suk is a good Daesang recipient!!

I don't know who he is :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jongski said:

I don't know who he is :D

GMa8.gif 

:D Oh he's a comedian / MC - so I was OK with this, since it didn't take any brilliance away from SHK's acting.

Basically Yoo Jaesuk is known as top star in variety / entertainment. He's been in the business for like +20 years, best known for X-Men, Infinite Challenge and Running Man 

• Like 1

Yay!! Congratulation to all of the Beyond Evil staff and actor for the awards! Honestly they truly deserve it!!

Love that the drama was written and directed so beautifully and done soooo well! I’m happy for them!

Also YJS always deserve a Daesang because of his hard work! I didn’t know he was in the nominees list! (He is the nation MC :D)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Best Actor. Best Screenplay. Best Drama.

I knew that Kim Ha Kyun will win an award for sure and I was hoping for Best screenplay and best drama but I wasn`t sure they will get the award too. I am more than happy for all the awards. I am also happy that my girl Kim So Yeon received the Best actress as well. I don`t like Penthouse at all but I apreciate that the writer gave her material to show her talent. I wish she will have a chance to work with KIm Soo Jin writer nim or with Kim Ha Kyung in a project in the future.

A picture with all four best actor/actress in film and drama category.

E1R-6XQVUAMnOoX?format=png&name=small

Kim Ha Kyun is the only one smiling. I can see his big smile through the mask. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2