[Drama 2021] Monster/Beyond Evil, 괴물

0ly40

Poor YY. Several bad things happened to her at once that fateful night.

Spoiler

So her fingers were chopped when she was alive.... And JJ possibly drove into her... But did the crash caused her death? Who chopped her finger? No matter how I think about it KJM is still the most insane person among them.

That that night, YY went out after receiving a message from an unknown person, met JJ at some point, probably came across KJM who had just killed BJS, probably had her fingers chopped off by KJM, managed to escape and run, got hit by JJ, he thought she is dead and told mom, mom came but called henchman for clean up.

So what was it with the guitar pick? Was it planted near BJS? Meaning that same night LCJ, JJ and mom also found the body of BJS? DS left BJS's place and we know he went to his 'hideout'. So he brought his guitar there and JJ picked the pick and planted the evidence?

I also find it so random when JW faced his dad previously - about how JW won't blindly trust his dad like his mom did. I thought that one was a bit random. Did the commissioner had an affair? Back then? With LYY?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Shin Ha Kyun And Yeo Jin Goo Dig For The Truth Behind A Man’s Forgotten Memories In “Beyond Evil”

1c5ec3ea34934df6a275f9a647e9ecbe.jpeg?s=

Mar 27, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC’s “Beyond Evil” has shared a preview of Shin Ha Kyun and Yeo Jin Goo’s ongoing dangerous quest for the truth.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Lee Dong Shik (Shin Ha Kyun) and Han Joo Won (Yeo Jin Goo) continued their obsession with the truth. Their suspicions of Manyang Police Station’s Jo Gil Goo (Son Sang Kyu) spread to Jung Chul Moon (Jung Kyu Soo), the head of Munju Police Station, and Do Hae Won (Gil Hae Yeon), a city council member in Munju.

For an unknown reason, these people fabricated and concealed a certificate of authenticity for Lee Dong Shik’s guitar pick 21 years ago. Meanwhile, Lee Chang Jin (Heo Sung Tae) lured in Kang Jin Mook (Lee Kyu Hee) and was revealed as the true murderer of Nam Sang Bae (Chun Ho Jin). But another more shocking twist was in store, as it was revealed that Park Jung Je (Choi Dae Hoon), Do Hae Won, and Lee Chang Jin had been together at Lee Yoo Yeon’s car crash.

In the new stills, Park Jung Je is in full-on panic mode as he stands in the middle of the road looking confused and lost. He says that he does not remember the events of Lee Yoo Yeon’s car crash from 21 years ago. But Han Joo Won and Lee Dong Shik won’t let him go in his determination for the truth, making viewers curious about the facts that are hidden inside his forgotten memories.

choi-dae-hoon-beyond-evil.jpeg

yeo-jin-goo-shin-ha-kyun-beyond-evil.jpe

https://www.soompi.com/article/1461394wpp/shin-ha-kyun-and-yeo-jin-goo-dig-for-the-truth-behind-a-mans-forgotten-memories-in-beyond-evil

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I LOVE THIS DRAMA!!! 

Spoiler

I think LDS probably had suspicion about YY's real murderer waaaay earlier, but knows that he will be impossible to prosecute. JW coming to Manyang is like a blessing in disguise. DS had a weird reaction in Ep 1 when JW arrived at the station - when they mentioned he is son of the next Commissioner. Maybe all this while he has been testing JW. So this is the ultimate test. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

On 3/23/2021 at 10:16 AM, dzareth said:

I'm going to find SHK's previous dramas to binge....

I'm sure YJG is wonderful too, it's just that during his close-ups, I got distracted by his blackheads-free, smooth nose...

Have you watch Brain ?  He won KBS daesang for it 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

My guess is correct. The real murderer is Han Ki-Hwan - hit and run driver, but why he was threaten by both Jeong Je's mum and the Lee Chang Jin, there must be something happened among the three of them on that night, we shall see on the next EP.

Jeong Je drove while he was drunk that night, he didn't notice there was a dead body lying on the ground and he thought he might have run over her body accidentally (the first time was hit by Han Ki-Hwan) - he called his mom for help and his mom called Lee Chang Jin to dispose Yu Yeon's body. Lee Chang Jin probably order his workers or Kang Jin Mook to bury the body (since he worked in the construction site shown on that TV video), but instead he returned her body to Dong Shik's basement wall.

My guess is Lee Yu Yeon's fingertips was cut by Kang Jin Mook when she found a lady victim inside Kang Jin Mook's car. When she later regained her consciousness, she ran away and thought she could get help from the incoming car. But she was hit by Han Ki-Hwan's car while she was standing on the road asking for help, her body rolled over to the side when hit by the car due to the major impact. But when Park Jeong Je arrived, her body was lying in the middle of the road, someone might have shifted her body before that.

The moral of the story :

1. Don't drive if you drink.
  2. Don't drink if you drive.
  3. Don't peep on the black car on the middle of the road at night when there is not enough lamp light, sometime you will never know what will happen inside the car. :D
  4. The story brings out some facts that why it is so hard to trust people (since that everyone is a suspect when comes to murderer, the real question is : "why is it so hard for people to tell the truth?"

On last EP, the two male leads conversation brought up about the trust and truth These two pillars are in strong relationship, if you don't trust a person, you won't speak truth, and if you don't tell the truth, the person won't trust you.

Following this line of thought, the writer has successfully built up the intenseful and amazing plots to entice us to the end...

PS : Choi Dae Hoon (actor for JJ) should get the award for best supporting role for this drama. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I haven't been posting much last few weeks but I have been following and being so impressed by each episode. I have got to say watching this drama have been so mentally exhausting but also very satisfying with all the small and seemingly insignificant details that actually adds up to complete the story. Every single character hold significant meaning to the story and not just there to be filler characters and I appreciate the writer for including them. Even the neighborhood ahjummas hold some importance for the story.

Watching the latest episode, I have to say the character that suffered the most beside Lee Dong Shik is Park Jung Je. I couldn't help but really pity him because he fall into the trap unknowingly. Yes, he hold some degree of accountability for driving under influence but he was also continuously manipulated by his mother after the accident. 

My take on the Yu Yeon's accident, based on the autopsy report, she was rolled over a few times based on fractures on her bones. First hit was by Han Ki Hwan and second hit by Park Jung Je. However, I feel like Lee Chang Jin seems to know about Han Ki Hwan's first hit but Do Hae Won didn't and Lee Chang Jin was called by both Han Ki Hwan and Do Hae Won to clean up the mess. Han Ki Hwan has no other motive to keep in contact with Lee Chang Jin and Do Hae Won and he seems genuinely knows nothing about what Do Hae Won did to manipulate the analysis report. Unless he pretended not knowing to deflect his involvement with the case. But, if Do Hae Won knows that Han Ki Hwan hit Yu Yeon first, why did she go all the way asking Cho Gil Goo instead directly to Han Ki Hwan? Han Ki Hwan was the chief at Munju Police Station and he hold the highest position there at that time. 

The story going into full circle now that the drama will show us what will Han Joo Won do to uncover the truth about his father. Will he defend his only family member or will he help Lee Dong Shik to trap his father? It is obvious he will confront his father but the process will be interesting to watch because most of the time, he couldn't understand why the Manyang people go all the way to protect each other but now he himself need to choose between the truth or a family member. 

Lee Dong Shik sense that the story doesn't end with Park Jung Je because even though he hit Yu Yeon, Jung Je doesn't have the capacity to move Yu Yeon's corpse to his basement so he notices there are a lot more people behind the accident. He also knows that Yu Yeon has been rolled over at least two times. Park Jung Je seems like he always has been unstable even before the accident, so Lee Dong Shik knows that he needs to find all the people involved to seek his revenge and get the full story of what is happening. 

There are just another 4 episodes left but I am already dreading waiting for the last episode because I feel like I don't want this to end. This is one of the drama that I don't have anything to nitpick on much for quite a long time and I love it so much. Hope that I just didn't jinx it.

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

But when Park Jeong Je arrived, her body was lying in the middle of the road, someone might have shifted her body before that.

I did re-watched the scenes but I don't think anyone moved her body before Jung Je hit her. During the first hit, the impact was strong enough that she was thrown to the adjacent road. She landed on tarred road and not at the roadside. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

You found out more informations. I always thought that Joo Wan`s father was involved in the old case. When I realised that Kang Jin Mook did not kill Yu Yeon, I knew that she must have been the victim of a car accident. It made sense that she was killed by a car and Park Jung Je must be the one who did it because his mother was highly suspicious and she had the means to cover up the crime. The case was complicated because there were more people involved. Now we know that Park Jung Je did not kill Yu Yeon. She was already dead (or very badly injured ) before he hit her. He was drunk and drugged so he did not remembered very well what happened. His mother believed that he is the one who killed Yu Yeon and made everything to cover the truth. She called Lee Chang-Jin and I believe he was already been called by Han Ki-Hwan as well. I don`t think Do Hae-Won knows about Han Ki Hwan and viceversa.

Yu Yeon was the victim of Kang Jin Mook but she escaped. When she run away, she was hit by accident by Han Ki Hwan. And everything went wrong from that moment. The question is Han Ki Hwan or Lee Chan Jin found out about Kang Jin Mook but  kept quiet to cover their tracks? That`s the big question. Why that guitar pick was found at Ju-Seon`s crime scene? Lee Chan Jin used Kang Jin Mook to get away the body, that guitar pick was dropped by mistake by Kang Jin Mook or it was planted there by Lee Chang jin or Jin Mook to make Dong Sik a suspect? And Park Jung Je`s mother has unintentionally intervened in the plan?

Either Han Ki Kwan or Lee Chan Jin (or both ) knew about the serial killer but they did not say anything to cover another crime? That is so wrong on so many levels.

Lee Chang Jin killed Kang Jin Mook and Nam Sang-Bae. What other killing did he do?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, larus said:

Why that guitar pick was found at Ju-Seon`s crime scene? Lee Chan Jin used Kang Jin Mook to get away the body, that guitar pick was dropped by mistake by Kang Jin Mook or it was planted there by Lee Chang jin or Jin Mook to make Dong Sik a suspect? And Park Jung Je`s mother has unintentionally intervened in the plan?

Based on the most recent episode,

Spoiler

I believe that JJ did accidentally dropped the pick there - with his own fingerprints and all. That was why his mom switched the report to one that says the pick was clean.

I think, once the show revealed the 3 stoges together - Do, LCJ and HGK - viewers already know that these people were involved in what happened 20 years ago except that we do not know how and why. The same goes with JJ, NSB and KJM, who played a role in the tragic past. And I love how the show reveals the story layer-by-layer. One moment you think this guy is the perpetrator, then in turned out to be someone else. From KJM > NSM > JJ > Do > LCJ > HGK (with regards to YY).

So know we know that YY met JJ that night, on the way home came across KJM and BSJ, captured by KJM and had her fingers chopped off, escaped and was hit by HGK, left on the road (was she still alive?), hit again by JJ. Do arrived at the scene, no doubt because her child called and lastly we see LCJ. But who actually called LCJ - Do or HGK?

We already know KJM chopped YY's fingers. He seems to have a habit of 'returning' the bodies to the family, especially among the people he knew - JY's mom was buried at her home, KMJ was buried at home. The other bodies at the deer farm is also likely done by KJM. Those are probably outsiders, so he simply buried them in Manyang. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that KJM was the one who 'brought' YY home and buried her there. We however still don't know if YY was really dead and left on the road, or was she dumped elsewhere. If it was the second option, it is likely that she was initially buried at the deer farm and KJM came across her and moved her home. If she was left on the room it still made sense that KJM moved her - because he is a psychopath. LCJ would likely dump the body elsewhere as with NSB. Do wouldn't do that herself, while HGK would just leave the body there.

So did HGK called LCJ for clean up? I don't think so. But he might witnessed LCJ and Do at the crimescene, maybe he saw KJM too. And has kept this information to himself to use in the future. Which made me remember LGH. Was she a victim of KJM, or was she a victim of HGK? We know that the MO for the murder of LGH and BJS was the same. The fingers were chopped off and they had their feet wrapped in plastic. In the case of LGH, the plastic was clean inside out, her shoes had also been wiped and the plastic was tied with a ribbon. I do not recall if BSJ had a ribbon. Was LGH murdered elsewhere and any dirt on her shoes would point the real crimescene? Would that link to HGK? And subsequently link HGK to LCJ? Assuming LCJ is the ringleader in the foreign human trafficking case, that is. Because LCJ's repeated calls to HGK is unlikely related to YY, but to the more recent case of LGH.

I always, always feel that DS has suspicion against HGK from much early on. I just dont know how and why. But didn't they say in the show how some things were added in Manyang after the incident 20 years ago like CCTV etc? Maybe DS checked them from time to time and saw suspicious activities?

In the most recent episode DS asked JW an important question - to bad we have to wait another week to watch what lead to that question. I think by this time DS is pretty sure about the kind of person JW is, and he would be more truthful to JW. Then together they will be able to lay a trap for HGK and other parties involved.

As for the death of NSB, who was he really trying to see at the Police Academy? Was he really there to see JGS? Was JGS the one to tell him to wait at the car dumpsite?

Anyhow, one reason to love this drama aside from the acting and storyline is how it stimulates one's brain to think. It isn't merely a mystery about who did it, but also about how and why the crime was done. A most surprising and wonderful drama that I wish received more attention.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

This show is all kinds of amazing.  I agree with @dzareth, the unraveling of the mysteries is the mark of a master storyteller.  This drama is like a ball of thread that slowly unwinds revealing the web of lies and secrets that tie all characters together.  I haven't watched anything quite like this since Stranger 1.  Such a wonderful job by writernim.

Can anyone confirm for me if this is the same Kim Soo Jin that scripted two of my favorite shows:  Light in Your Eyes and Weightlifting Fairy KBJ?  The reason why I asked is Choi Dae Hoon also starred in Light in Your Eyes.  He is wonderful here - such tour de force in making Jung Je a figure of pity/exasperation whose mental instability was manipulated and abused by his helicoptering mother.  His is a case strongly advocates the importance of crime and punishment.  Taking accountability and accepting punishment allows the person to reflect on his own actions and stop perpetuating the crime and mistake. What Do Hae covered up was not for his own good but more to protect her ambition and greed.  He was never allowed to face up to his actions that night.  Instead, he was further drugged up, institutionalized, mentally degraded, silenced for his mother's sake, not for his own good.  He lost 20 years of his life to lies but what I find interesting is he remained steadfast that LDS is not guilty despite being hazy about that night.  I think him keep claiming to be LDS' alibi is his subconscious guilt about what happened to YY to protect her brother (besides the fact that he desperately wanted to convince himself that he is not involved or present at the crime scene).  What Do Hae Won/Lee Chang Jin/Han Ki Hwan did to Jung Je/Lee Yu Yeon/ Lee Dong Sik to enable their own agendas is criminal at its most evil.... beyond evil even outside the court of law.  Silencing Jung Jae and what happened that night was justified at the expense of the many victims years later.  I don't know how they can live with themselves knowing they allow a serial killer to roam free.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:14 PM, lebeaucouple said:

My guess is correct. The real murderer is Han Ki-Hwan - hit and run driver, but why he was threaten by both Jeong Je's mum and the Lee Chang Jin, there must be something happened among the three of them on that night, we shall see on the next EP.

On last EP, the two male leads conversation brought up about the trust and truth These two pillars are in strong relationship, if you don't trust a person, you won't speak truth, and if you don't tell the truth, the person won't trust you.

I like what you said about trust and truth.  The Manyang town kept these two ideas separate sometimes.  Some would just trust LDS for his character which is all they needed to know about his sister's appearance.  The truth to them is distorted, they know the real truth can never be revealed by the authorities.  The town protects their own even if the truth is fuzzy at times.  But yes, what LDS needed is to trust Joo Won not be swayed by his father, staying true to his honorable character.  That's why DS reminded JW he must stay his own path and not emulating his method.  DS suspects HGK's involvement which is problematic given his authority so he needed to test Joo Won's resolve.  

18 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

However, I feel like Lee Chang Jin seems to know about Han Ki Hwan's first hit but Do Hae Won didn't and Lee Chang Jin was called by both Han Ki Hwan and Do Hae Won to clean up the mess. Han Ki Hwan has no other motive to keep in contact with Lee Chang Jin and Do Hae Won and he seems genuinely knows nothing about what Do Hae Won did to manipulate the analysis report. Unless he pretended not knowing to deflect his involvement with the case. But, if Do Hae Won knows that Han Ki Hwan hit Yu Yeon first, why did she go all the way asking Cho Gil Goo instead directly to Han Ki Hwan? Han Ki Hwan was the chief at Munju Police Station and he hold the highest position there at that time. 

Lee Dong Shik sense that the story doesn't end with Park Jung Je because even though he hit Yu Yeon, Jung Je doesn't have the capacity to move Yu Yeon's corpse to his basement so he notices there are a lot more people behind the accident. He also knows that Yu Yeon has been rolled over at least two times. Park Jung Je seems like he always has been unstable even before the accident, so Lee Dong Shik knows that he needs to find all the people involved to seek his revenge and get the full story of what is happening. 

Yeah, Jung Je doesn't seem like the kind of person who would cut off Yu Yeon's fingertips to LDS. I'm a little confused.  The fingertips that were returned to the Lee family are not Yu Yeon's right?  DS mentioned that her manicure was different?  Could it be that KJM made a mistake and  returned BJS' fingertips instead?  Or at that time, Yu Yeon's body was not in his possession?  Or LCJ made him redirect the crime scene to implicate DS or serial killer's case?

Cho Gil Go was susceptible to bribes and not HGK.  Do Hae Won compensated him with properties sold at below market price.  HGK has no interest in the town; he wanted the promotion more than land.  Maybe they also needed to make sure the moves are not traced back to HGK.  

3 hours ago, dzareth said:

Hide contents

I believe that JJ did accidentally dropped the pick there - with his own fingerprints and all. That was why his mom switched the report to one that says the pick was clean.

We already know KJM chopped YY's fingers. He seems to have a habit of 'returning' the bodies to the family, especially among the people he knew - JY's mom was buried at her home, KMJ was buried at home. The other bodies at the deer farm is also likely done by KJM. Those are probably outsiders, so he simply buried them in Manyang. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that KJM was the one who 'brought' YY home and buried her there. We however still don't know if YY was really dead and left on the road, or was she dumped elsewhere. If it was the second option, it is likely that she was initially buried at the deer farm and KJM came across her and moved her home. If she was left on the room it still made sense that KJM moved her - because he is a psychopath. LCJ would likely dump the body elsewhere as with NSB. Do wouldn't do that herself, while HGK would just leave the body there.

So did HGK called LCJ for clean up? I don't think so. But he might witnessed LCJ and Do at the crimescene, maybe he saw KJM too. And has kept this information to himself to use in the future. Which made me remember LGH. Was she a victim of KJM, or was she a victim of HGK? We know that the MO for the murder of LGH and BJS was the same. The fingers were chopped off and they had their feet wrapped in plastic. In the case of LGH, the plastic was clean inside out, her shoes had also been wiped and the plastic was tied with a ribbon. I do not recall if BSJ had a ribbon. Was LGH murdered elsewhere and any dirt on her shoes would point the real crimescene? Would that link to HGK? And subsequently link HGK to LCJ? Assuming LCJ is the ringleader in the foreign human trafficking case, that is. Because LCJ's repeated calls to HGK is unlikely related to YY, but to the more recent case of LGH.

As for the death of NSB, who was he really trying to see at the Police Academy? Was he really there to see JGS? Was JGS the one to tell him to wait at the car dumpsite?

I thought JJ put the pick in his pants and dropped it at the car accident scene?  How did it get to where BSJ was?  Someone who was at the accident scene picked up and moved it to where BSJ was ... has to be KJM or LCJ?  If Jun Jae remembered deer, it might mean he was at the deer farm or drove past it after the accident?  Could it be that they transferred YY's body to the deer farm because it belonged to LCJ at the time?   

NSB saw HGK before the meeting?  LCJ probably was asked to clean up NSB for HGK thus why he kept ringing the chief? I agree their relationship could started with the illegal immigrants' deaths which needed to be covered up so the project would proceed.  It makes sense cuz HGK kept asking Joo Won to leave LGH case alone.  LCJ also needed to silence KJM, maybe it was not about YY but about the LGH scandal that would affect his project.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

I am just loving the story telling and timing of revelations here. Each episode, despite being slow (another that I loved) kept us all on edge making us suspect each and every character present there. Things are clear, yet unclear for us right now. Like, we now know everything about Yu Yeon's case, meaning how she died. Quite unfortunate death I'd say. But we still don't know how the guitar pick which was in Jung Je's pocket ended up beside BJS's body with his finger prints actually and not someone else's. Of course, as many of us are suspecting, Jung Je could have dropped it at the scene of accident, LCJ could have asked KJM to come in order to transfer the body, and seeing the guitar pick on the ground KJM must have identified it and taken it. 

What I am loving about this drama apart from the story-telling, over plot and mystery is the fact that the acting in this drama is top class. Each and every person no matter how small their role was, has been acting so good, especially the one playing Jung Je - Choi Dae Hoon. I have usually seen this guy play the comedic character role, even in the serious dramas, and this is the first time I am seeing him act like this. His performance in the 12th episode was just WOW, for me, he was the best performer of that episode. The way he acted trying his best to remember, but unable to, crying saying he just can't remember, to suddenly remembering what actually happening and breaking down since he realized he ran over Yu Yeon instead of a deer.

Coming back to the drama, it is actually great that Jung Je remembered everything in detail, that is remembered running over Yu Yeon lying on the ground. Which made Dong Shik actually realize that he did not really kill her, It was someone else. As the ones from NFS said, she was first hit by a car while she stood waiting for it to stop, and then she was run over by a car which explains her broken ribs and other upper body bones. Yes, Jung Je was wrong, and he could have actually hit Yu Yeon that night if she would have stood the same way she did in front of HGH's car, since he was either high on drugs or drinking under influence. Sill, living under trauma for so long, and also his mom being sure about him being the murderer and putting him under medication like that while also hospitalizing him for 4 years, actually makes me feel for him. I seriously think that Jung Je distorted that memory of running over Yu Yeon with hitting a deer, either in order to deal with trauma (immediately), or since he was under influence of drugs and didn't remember anything his mom and others must have told him that he hit a deer, which influenced his memory. That's why he now sees everyone as deer drawing them like that. 

I actually don't think that Do Hae Won knows about HGH being the actual killer here. In between the three of them, HGH is the only guy who acts the way he wants which is not the case when it comes to LCJ and DHW. I think the thing that binds them is the fact that all three of them tried to bury the 20 years old case while blaming it all on Dong Shik. They worked together but initially must have done things individually like how Do Hae Won fabricated the guitar pick report. 

So Jin Mook was a big serial killer here. I don't remember how many bodies they found in the deer farm out there. Its just like he was continuously killing women. A crazy psychopath was among them playing as mentally disabled guy, while he was killing women as he pleased. There are 2 possibilities on the reason why he placed fingers in Dong Shik's house. Either they were BJS's fingers, and he wanted to frame Dong Shik for it, while he had already placed his guitar pick there. This is the case when he thought Yu Yeon could have told him about it and wanted to eliminate him totally. The is just like he wanted to frame Jae Yi for the murders. The other possibility is, that they were actually Yu Yeon's finger tips, and since he had to bury her, there was no way to tell she was killed. So he just placed those fingers there so that the family would know that Yu Yeon was killed. 

Would be interesting to see how HGH will be caught here. I, well I think most of us have been suspicious of this guy, not being the killer, but at least having a big hand in the case. Turns out he is the killer of Yu Yeon. I am loving how Dong Shik and others trusted Joo Won's suspicions, and started the investigation starting with the officers of the substation. I really hope that Shin Ha Kyun does win some award for this amazing performance. No words can actually describe how good his performance has been in this drama.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

On 3/28/2021 at 11:12 AM, mekeo117 said:

Have you watch Brain ?  He won KBS daesang for it 

I went to have a look and realised i've watched it many years ago. But i didn't have the realisation that LGH=SHK. I just remember the ML was supremely arrogant and was full of exagerated actions, and that they have so many doctors sprinting around... Hehe... 

His performance as LDS on the other hand, has more subtlety. I also think to see him dress down so casually is quite rare, as most of the time I see him he is dressed impeccably. I like the looks of police officer LDS here. Maybe that is why he looks youthful in this drama.

I agree CDH did a marvellous job as LDS. CSY as YJY also did a great job especially in earlier eps. In the egg throwing scene she was awesome against YJG. 

Does JTBC have an awards show? Is there any inter-tv-station awards show? I would love to see SHK and the other deserving casts win a top award. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Liking all the post here. Got busy with real life.. I haven't watch the latest eps  11-12 but I have time now so I'm going  to. Yey. Going to share my thoughts once as well I'm done. Thanks to others here  and thumbs up for insightful post about the latest episodes.

What can we say about a drama that's  brilliant in all aspect. writing, directing,  superb acting, the editing, cinematography and even the background music. And all the other characters here are important and relevant to the story.  At the very least this drama deserves to win awards for... best drama or screenplay, director and yes best actor.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

The titles for each episode are so accurate and apt for each and for scenes.

Episode 1: The Appearance 

Episode 2. The Disappearance

Episode 3: Smile

Episode 4: Cried

Episode 5: The Deceit

Episode 6: To Deceive

Episode 7: Catch

Episode 8: Caught

Episode 9: Floating

Epidsode10: Sinking
Episode 11: Tighten

Episode 12: Undo

So much revelation ep 12.

From the  flashback Jeong Je seems to have mental issues even prior.  He was already intoxicated. He wante for them to tell DongSik  about their relationship, but Yu Yeon,got mad (he ws drunk, and hasn't told his mother about her. So she left him instead.  The rejection and the fight showed him talking a pill. He took two pills and got drunk tried to follow her. He was drunk and hazy already and probably out of it but was traumatized when he saw Yu Yeon  on the road, lifeless. That's his girl friend. Perhaps with a combination of everything that happened, he firmly believed he hit Yu Yeon.

Most important revelation It wasn't Jeong Je who killed Yu Yeon. It was a speeding black sedan driven by chief Han who was shocked. Jeong Je was driving a white car, YY already was lying on the road after being hit by the black car.

There were three cars that night. But only LCJ WDH, and slumped nd shocked JJ. Where was chief han?

DS trust in JJ though. He was seething no doubt after hearing JJ recall everything.. but that trust and faith in JJ.

The last scene HJW wanted DS to do something  about JJ after hearing  what happened the night YY died.

DS talked about trush and reminded HJS it's not someone who place great value on family

DS asked HJW "if your family did something unthinkable, would you help them out?"

"Can I trust you you to remain intact even after knowing the truth?"

Best actor indeed! Showed us with his brilliance!

And Cho Dae Hoon.. episode 12 belong to him clapping for wonderful acting!

To sum it up...It's amazing stellar acting. Give them  awards. Give this drama awards.

all twt posts cr: as tag

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, jongski said:

To sum it up...It's amazing stellar acting. Give them  awards. Give this drama awards.

Yes yes yes.....

But how is this drama received by Korean fans? Is only us international fans that went crazy over it?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

What if.....

Hence....

DS  to HJW "if your family did something unthinkable, would you help them out?"

"Can I trust you you to remain intact even after knowing the truth?"

Wonderful acting by Shin Ha Kyun and Yeo Jin Goo. Nothing over the top. The quiet sorrow of emotions well acted.

Lee Do Hyun as the young Dong sik. I suddently thought of  kdrama of Orange (j-movie)

And he's good with serious drama and with his acting.

I  thought of remake of Equator Man and him in the role that Im Siwan portrayed.

all twts cr: as tag.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1