[Drama 2021] Monster/Beyond Evil, 괴물

0ly40

On 5/11/2021 at 3:38 AM, Helena said:

Shin Ha Kyun Sums Up His Feelings about ‘Beyond Evil’ and Lee Dong Sik

Q4. What was the best line?
There’s a line I say at the end. “Eat well, sleep well, poop well.” To be honest, the line didn’t resonate with me when I first read the script. But while acting, It brought up such strong feelings out of the blue. In reality, that’s all it is. That’s what life is all about. This is the line I told Joo Won, but also I think it might have been what I wanted to hear. I’m getting emotional even now.

Awwww.... that’s how I felt too when LDS heard from his mom.  After a hard and challenging life, it must have been liberating to focus your energy on the most mundane things.  Live well DongSik, Joo Won, Jung Je!  Live well!

Congrats Team Beyond Evil, taking 3 out 4 main awards for TV: Best Actor, Best Drama, Best Original Screenplay.  Director Sim Na Young, so proud of her... if this drama was helmed by a different PD, I don’t know if we would be able to capture the mood and aesthetic of small town, esp the dynamics among the characters.  Atmospheric is the only word I could come up with for how the drama feels.  She did a wonderful job with the women in the drama too.  

I am happy for Oh Jung Se’s second win as supporting actor, fantastic job as Moon Sang Tae.  I love his character.  Well deserved.

• Like 4

I'm still so happy about their win so well deserved, I literally just watched the award show for them. I was hoping for the daesang but Yoo Jaesuk is literally the only person I'm fine with getting it instead so all is good. Hopefully it will finally be added to netflix soon so I can start my rewatch and do my friends a favor by forcing them to watch this masterpiece lol.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Posting the below for mentiion of the drama.

I whole heartedly agree with number 1 choice. Monster / Beyond Evil is brilliant in everything.

So is One Ordinary Day  at 8 and Move To Heaven tho' not part of the list but definitely these are the top 3  for 2021. 

Two others I like so I'll  agree Mr. Queen ( 12)  Verge of Insanity (9)

If you want to see 15 to 2  click source link. This is the writer's own choices jtlyk.

The 15 best K-dramas of 2021

Pierce Conran
Published: 7:15am, 30 Dec, 2021  via scmp

Shin Ha-kyun shone in gripping crime drama Beyond Evil

1. Beyond Evil

Shin Ha-kyun shines in the TV role he was born to play in the superlative crime drama Beyond Evil. This Memories of Murder for the small screen pits a hotshot young investigator (Yeo Jin-goo) and jaded rural officer (Shin) against each other as a search for a vicious serial killer in the countryside unfolds.

With brilliant twists, sterling dialogue, gripping atmosphere and memorable performances, this JTBC series brought Korean crime dramas to a new level. We can’t wait for future shows to rise to its challenge. Read our early preview | midseason recap | final review

If you want to see 15 to 2  click source link:

Source: https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/k-pop/k-drama/article/3161157/15-best-k-dramas-2021-vincenzo-and-mr-queen-squid-game

After hearing so many good comments about this drama, I spent my new year holidays binge-watching all 16 episodes.  Totally worth my time, it's truly a master piece.

Shin Ha-Kyun is such a great actor and Yeo JIn Goo is great too, so are all the other casts. Beyond Evil has indeed a captivating storyline and most importantly the writer wrote a great ending (unlike some(most) Korean dramas.  Definitely one of the best drama of 2021. :love:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• 1 month later...