[Drama 2021] Monster/Beyond Evil, 괴물

0ly40

The fingers found 20 years ago... was it confirmed to be YY's? Didn't DS said something about the type of nail polish used? When they found the corpse in the field, JW knew that is LGH based on the ring. Did DS know that wasn't YY because the fingers placed at his home then were not YY's? Maybe that is why DS has been looking for YY all this while?

Was DS was accused of killing BJS or YY or both? Because his guitar pick was found nearby right? Where was DS on that night?

And what was JW investigating when he roped in LGH as informant? Murder? Disappearance? Human trafficking? Why did he suspect DS and specifically asked LGH about him?

I actually have more question, but I too am of the opinion that YY went out that night upon receiving a message from someone who is not DS.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

https://zapzee.net/2021/03/17/beyond-evil-completes-script-for-its-last-episode-and-in-final-stages-of-shooting/

‘Beyond Evil’ Completes Script for Its Last Episode, and in Final Stages of Shooting

by willow | images: JTBC

The final script of JTBC’s Fri-Sat series Beyond Evil (written by Kim Soo Jin, directed by Shim Na Yeon) has been finalized.

4B4227D1-9F1A-47BC-892E-DDC97ED890BB.jpg

Beyond Evil informed Newsen on the 17th of March, “Screenwriter Kim Soo Jin finished writing the script for the last episode. We are currently in the final stages of filming.”

The psychological thriller set in Manyang depicts the two men who are ‘Beyond Evil,’ Lee Dong Sik (played by Shin Ha Kyun) and Han Joo Won (Yeo Jin Goo). It has been constantly asking the question of who the real monster is. “Is it you? Is it me? Is it us?,” the series questions, as it portrays the multifaceted nature of human beings. With passionate performances of the actors, thorough scripts, and perfect directing, it broke its own highest viewers ratings of 5.4% in the eighth episode which aired on March 13th.

6BF88E80-C73A-433B-9163-6CA844B9DCEC.jpg

Reaching its turning point, Beyond Evil has hinted at a new villain after the death of Kang Jin Mook (Lee Kyu Hoi). Whilst the series has faced new questions as to whether Kang Jin Mook has been murdered, and who the real culprit behind Lee Yoo Yeon (Moon Joo Yeon) – Dong Sik’s younger fraternal twin sister – is, attention is focused on how the show will close its curtains.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/03/18/beyond-evil-reached-its-turning-point-will-it-answer-the-questions/

‘Beyond Evil’ Reached Its Turning Point. Will It Answer the Questions?

by krishkim | images: JTBC

ED29F466-9EF1-4271-A876-6D9F34430BAC.jpg

JTBC’s Beyond Evil will open the second act of its mystery from the 9th episode. 

Beyond Evil took a new turn in the 8th episode with the death of serial killer Kang Jin Mook. Lee Dong Sik and Han Joo Won took a step closer to the terrible truth that penetrates the past 20 years. But Kang Jin Mook offed himself after leaving a message, “Dong Sik, I didn’t kill Yu Yeon.” What’s the truth about the mysterious disappearance of Lee Yu Yeon? What other secrets are behind Kang Jin Mook’s death? The more we dig into it, the more complicated the mystery becomes. The production team revealed the clues to look for in the remaining episodes.

Shin Ha Kyun & Yeon Jin Goo, where is their dangerous cooperation heading?

Lee Dong Sik and Han Joo Won have reached a turning point after constantly provoking and doubting each other. Lee Dong Sik became enraged to find Kang Min Jung’s fingers in Manyang Super’s basement. With the faces of the victim’s family passing by Lee Dong Sik’s mind, he became strongly motivated to catch Kang Jin Mook.

Because he cannot prosecute a murder without a dead body, he came up with a clever plan. Like he said, “You have to be a monster to catch the monsters,” he firmly decided to end the tragedy even if that meant he had to become one of them. Han Joo Won was shocked to find out his plan. But at the same time, he felt empathy and pity because he regretted and blamed himself for using Lee Geum Hwa in his sting operation. Lee Dong Sik suggests a dangerous deal, saying, “After we find Yu Yeon, lieutenant Han, you put the cuffs on me.” The two then began their cooperation. Can Lee Dong Sik and Han Joo Won, who chose to cross the line to catch Kang Jin Mook, approach the truth?

What’s the secret behind the serial killer Lee Kyu Hoe?

Even with his death, Kang Jin Mook left a mystery. Why did he kill himself? How did he kill himself inside a lockup? Till the end, Kang Jin Mook stated, “I didn’t kill Yu Yeon. I returned Yu Yeon to you.” If what he says is true, that means that there is another monster at large. It also suggests that he has been harboring a secret. With Kang Jin Mook’s death, the case was brought back to square one. And the truth is still inside the thick fog.

What really happened 20 years ago?

The death of serial killer Kang Jin Mook surfaced the existence of another “monster.” The criminal was caught, but the case is still not over. As Kang Jin Mook died with a secret, the truth about “the day” from 20 years ago fell into mystery. Hence, the attention focused on Manyang residents once again. Nam Sang Bae was trapped in a mental ward after Yu Yeon’s disappearance. Nam Sang Bae made Lee Dong Sik the prime suspect 20 years ago. Han Gi Hwan closed the case. Councilor Do Hae Won and Lee Chang Jin, CEO of JL Construction, are also suspicious. The more the characters approach the truth, the more confusion arose. Will there be another “monster” among these people?

Director Shim Na Yeon shared, “From the 9th episode, secrets between the characters will be revealed. The feelings about who hid what and how much will be unraveled as well. In the process, changes in Lee Dong Sik and Han Joo Won’s relationship and feelings for each other will be the key points. You can also look forward to the appearance of the new ‘villain.'”

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I just finished episode 9 and I don't get JW's character. He's getting on my nerves with the way he speaks to Dong Shik like he was responsible for Min Jung's death. Right now I don't just want to throw eggs at him, I want to punch him in the face. 

This is my first time watching Shin Ha Kyun act and his performance is really something. He is another level. And the only other actor who impressed me right now is Lee Hee Joon in Mouse. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, htk9207 said:

I just finished episode 9 and I don't get JW's character. He's getting on my nerves with the way he speaks to Dong Shik like he was responsible for Min Jung's death. Right now I don't just want to throw eggs at him, I want to punch him in the face. 

@htk9207  Joo Won is provoking Dong Shik so they can find the other killer. In Episode 9, Joo Won says and does the same things Dong Shik does to him in earlier episodes (like 1 and 2). Dong Shik is just really depressed because of grief, and he needs Joo Won to light a fire inside him so he feels motivated to continue solving the case. 

• Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 1

If yesterday's ep is "Floating", would today's ep be "Sinking"?

I'm somewhat thrown off by ep 9. We see the return of JW, a more smiley JW. But based on ep 10 preview,

Spoiler

Is JW trying to frame Chief Nam? Because Chief Nam is my #1 suspect as YY murderer. My theory was Chief Nam is also in the shady business that the 3 stooges are in, albeit he might just be following JW's dad's orders. I think that night, YY was going to see JJ, who sent that message about not wanting to go home. JJ was probably heading to the hideout to hang out with DS, thus he became DS's alibi.

YY got killed probably after witnessing the shady business between JW's dad and JJ's mom (and Chief Nam). In hindsight, LCJ is probably not involved with the two yet. He might ironically be innocent of what happened 20 years ago.

JJ might be the one who saw them moving the body to the burial scene. It might be traumatic to him that caused his  mental issue. KJM likely stumbled upon YY while doing whatever work on the site and decided to return YY to the Lee's family home, in whatever twisted justification his mind conjured.

What I don't get is why was YY's fingers cut off and left at DS's house? Is the murderer showing 'kindness' - letting them know YY is dead, is the murderer trying to switch the blame to another murderer (KJM), or YY's murderer is really another psychotic killer?

I do find it funny that childhood friends - DS, JJ and JH all joining the police. Then you also have JHoon. Of course there is also JW....

• Blob 3

10 hours ago, Just another viewer said:

@htk9207  Joo Won is provoking Dong Shik so they can find the other killer. In Episode 9, Joo Won says and does the same things Dong Shik does to him in earlier episodes (like 1 and 2). Dong Shik is just really depressed because of grief, and he needs Joo Won to light a fire inside him so he feels motivated to continue solving the case. 

Yeah that he is, he is trying to find the real Killer and JW is provoking DS to do so.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: Tweak my oppa! COMPETITION - Win prizes! :love:

Now you have a chance to show us your photo editing skills and promote your oppa or favorite drama!

Tweak a picture of your oppa, a drama poster and/or a picture we Event Organizers have picked out for you.

You don't have to be a master of photoshopping in order to participate. There are lots of free SW and apps available to edit pictures, even on your phone. So don't be shy! :kiss_wink:

We have great prizes for the winners! :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Questions 

1) how did the police think of searching DongSik's house for YuYeon's corpse?

2) still don't know who killed her, right? Because the killing style is different from Kang Minjook 

3) there is a change of personality with Hanjuwon. He said something about being born again?

4) biggest question: with Chief Nam dead, who could possibly be the killer?

5) who is Yu (?) , The one whose autopsy report was swallowed by Kang Min? Was she/he one of the victims?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, cherriesblue said:

Questions 

1) how did the police think of searching DongSik's house for YuYeon's corpse?

2) still don't know who killed her, right? Because the killing style is different from Kang Minjook 

3) there is a change of personality with Hanjuwon. He said something about being born again?

4) biggest question: with Chief Nam dead, who could possibly be the killer?

5) who is Yu (?) , The one whose autopsy report was swallowed by Kang Min? Was she/he one of the victims?

1: When DS visited his mother, she muttered something like Jin-mook shouldn't touch the furnace when he was doing construction. That made DS tear up the wall where he found YY's corpse.

2. We still don't know who killed her. 

3. HJW decided playing by the rules got him nowhere and decided to be born again and play by Dong-sik's rules. 

4. That is the question. Jeong-je is probably the biggest suspect since we now know YY got repeatedly run over by a car and Jeong-je last saw her at the deer farm. It's certainly plausible that his mother used Jin-mook to cover it up. I think HJW's dad is rather suspicious too. 

5. That was Min-jeong's mother who left Jin-mook. He'd been trying to find her all of these years, and killing the women he asked so she wouldn't know he was looking for her. She died in a car accident and that was her death certificate. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1