[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

This is my personal analysis. I've posted it on Dinner Mate message IG group.
My analysis is based on all the articles I have read and the tough competition that exists in the entertainment world. My analysis could be wrong but anything can happen when it comes to competition in the entertainment industry.

It seems that O&Entertainment (KJH's previous agency) still wants KJH to join them, considering their contract will end soon. But it seems that KJH wants to try to improve his career by moving to another agency.

Incidentally he knows SJH well and finds that her agency, Depot Culture is a new thriving agency with talented actors there. Including recently Kim So Hyun also joined this agency.
It seems that O & Entertainment is aware that KJH will not renew his contract with them.

The people from the agency informed the company that KJH seemed to be moving to SJH's agency because they saw that since KJH came to the Team Labs event, KJH and SJH met several times and it seems that KJH also did not immediately renew his contract with them.

Why did SJH only invite KJH to the Team Labs event held by Depot Culture?
First, as gratitude for KJH's willingness to support her as a cameo in DM.
Second, surely SJH already knew that KJH was considering changing agency, there has been talk about this before, and she wanted to promote her agency to KJH.

They must be very upset because they think KJH is one of the potential actors for them. They couldn't like it when KJH moved to a new agency.
The only way to make it clear whether KJH really moved to Culture Depot, they informed Dispatch that KJH and SJH were dating, without telling the problem that had happened between KJH and them.

Dispatch, who desperately needed news about celebrity life, and did not know what really happened between O&Entertainment and KJH immediately followed KJH's movements. And it was true that he was seen meeting SJH. Dispatch could even take picture of them in the parking lot of SJH or KJH apartments.

If we look at the photos of SJH and KJH in the parking lot, it looks like they knew that they were being followed and being photographed. They just looked at the photographer and weren't surprised. They felt like they hadn't done anything wrong so they didn't care.

When Dispatch finally broke the news, both SJH and her agency, Culture Depot immediately denied it. Her agency explained what really happened. The agency acknowledged that KJH had plans to join them with SJH's help.

I think since KJH's transfer to the Culture Depot agency is confidential, it makes perfect sense that KJH didn't come to the Culture Depot office meeting or they had a meeting at a cafe or restaurant. It seemed that KJH did not want his previous agency to notice his movements.

Meanwhile, O&Entertainment did not provide any clarification regarding the rumors.

They only talked about the cooperation contract with KJH which will end soon.

The clarification from Culture Depot that they were not dating and SJH & KJH meeting because of KJH's plan to join the Culture Depot agency clarified the suspicion of the O&Entertainment agency so far that KJH would move to a new agency.

Actually O&Entertainment just wanted to know the truth that KJH really moved to Culture Depot. They made up false rumor involving SJH only to get news that KJH was indeed moving to Culture Depot.

Off topic:
If you've ever read how evil Harvey Weinstein, a producer and co-founded the entertainment company Miramax, has sexually abused several actresses with threats that they wouldn't get roles in his films if they weren't willing to have sex with him.

So that's how cruel the competition in the entertainment world is.

They do everything they can and knock each other down to get success.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, all. Haven’t been able to check out news about our fave couple in a while and suddenly - wham! Bam! Here we are. 

Conpared to the rumor mills in the entertainment industry in other countries, this seems pretty tame. But for someone like SJH, I guess, who seems to have a reputation for being highly professional and particular about keeping her personal life out of the public eye, this kind of rumor can be quite upsetting.  More so if she were an innocent party who finds herself caught in the middle of some friction between KJH (who’s one of her good friends) and his agency.

I honestly don’t think she and KJH are dating, not because I’m partial to SSH for her, but because I never saw anything that would give any indication that something more than friendship was growing between them. I would cite the BinJin couple as an example. I’m not really a fan of them or their ship, although I find them cute together. But even so, I saw the spark between them even in the few CLOY BTS that I’ve seen of them. And look where they are now. I never saw that in the CLOY BTS of KJH and SJH. They always came off as friendly, civil, but still with professional distance between them. Compare that to SJH’s behavior and demeanor in the DM presscon with SSH.

Of course, I could be wrong, and for all we know, maybe SJH and KJH are the type of couple who are so discreet that one would never know they were together until they actually come out and say it. But if they were really already dating for about a year now, then I don’t think SJH would have still acted that way with SSH in their numerous DM BTS. That doesn’t seem to be the kind of person that she is. In fact, I think she would have put more distance between herself and SSH if she were already in some sort of understanding with KJH, especially with how open and vocal SSH was about his liking her. 

But let’s wait and see what happens. SSH, for his part, seems to be very happy and content with his life nowadays. Makes me wonder where all that contentment and quiet happiness are coming from.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@SophieAnne, @lu.hus, @airgelaal, @Jimmy Greene, @Shay Mitchel@gayyoxx@hrkharis, @akhenaten

Kudos to all your comments! 

Thanks for all your two cents and I agree with everyone!

This ship will continue to sail!

Let’s all move forward and ignore the bad news.

@SexyDolceVita, @Siomara, don’t let this news pull your shipper spirits down.

We have more than 100 crumbs to support this ship!

Let’s keep on sailing.

Please keep on posting

In the meantime here are Black and White Shots of our Lovebirds

C689-FE9-E-4-FED-4-D5-D-B983-4-EB5376-C4

FE5029-C1-2-D74-4399-BA9-A-1-AA4-DF49619

Keep the Faith Everyone! 

PS: On a positive note, SJH’s IG increased by 12k overnight and the silent lurkers showed up!

Thank Goodness this rumor did not backfired on SJH.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

if they really are dating, I try to be sincere with what happened :dissapointed_relieved:, But I also hope the happy news from SSH as soon as possible, if ssh and sjh are real dating I am very happy, wish them all the best

I also don't close my eyes with their pictures, it looks like they are really ready to go public, because they saw when they were photographed, I still haven't accepted the reason I went to my house just for the reason of discussing moving agencies :crazymad:, the point is now I'm trying to be more open with  this problem, (that this is someone else's life) very hard to forget when over a year I keep hoping that SSH and SJH are a Real couple, even I pray for both of them, (but only time can answer this riddle all)

• Confused 3

There is a saying “not all you read or see on social media is true"

While some netizens pointed out that the signs are there such as the overnight bags they were carrying and SJH’s denial is a reminiscent of Binjin’s dating denial when they denied the dating rumor 3x then turned out they were dating, SJH and KJH’s dating rumor cannot be compared to BinJin’s. 

For one, SJH and KJH’s dynamics/behavior toward each other is totally different.

Second, they do not have "the crumbs" that our ship have (mutual admiration, the sparks when they are together, their body language via BTS, teenage giddiness) 

Third, even her BFF SSY in "Life Bar" said SJH takes care of her friends very well and as a friend to KJH, she was there for him giving him moral support when he was having a hard time with the scandals he had from his previous drama.

Thus with these reasons for me, they come off as more platonic/sibling kind of relationship only.

I am an SJH fan and I support her with whatever or whoever she will be happy with but at this point I believe her when she said no she is not dating KJH. 

Therefore, I believe this ship is sailing so I am keeping the faith.

Moving on, sharing some positivity!

321902-C6-C136-46-A3-B5-F1-4203299-FE167

65-C9-D2-F4-BB41-4464-9233-D00-BF318-CF6

“I love with all my Heart” - SJH 11/7/2016

“If I were to love a person, I would only love that person - SSH 2/1/2017

Our Lovebirds both “wear their heart on their sleeve” when it comes to their views on love

They are really a perfect match

ED7-EC000-BC90-45-D3-94-FA-F558-E4-AD296

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Anjel said:

I still haven't accepted the reason I went to my house just for the reason of discussing moving agencies 

It's not like you can invite only lovers to your house. And not necessary they were alone.

I think this situation is weird. If KJH has problems with his agency and he wants to move to SJH agency, then I don't think he wanted to make it public this way. And I don't think it's good for Culture Depot. So if they are really dating it was more safe to admit rumors (I don't think that any of them has a contract, that forbid them to date). If they are not it's better to say they are friends. So why Culture Depot so easily admitted that SJH and KJH were just discussing his contact? It's obvious, that both agencies knew, that Dispatch would public this story, but we got such a weird outcome anyway. I think there is a third party in this story.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 5

I believe what SJH said that they are only like brother and sister relationship with KJH. If she had been dating him for one year as what Dispatch reported, she wouldn't have been responsive to the affections of SSH in the first place. She would have drawn the boundaries with him and just remained professional keeping her distance with him. But that is not what we all saw with the two of them. And in the post Dinner Mate interviews SJH clearly expressed mutual admiration for SSH both in his physical attributes and in his wonderful personality which made her feel so comfortable. Being a very private celebrity and not wanting the limelight on her and just doing what she loves and that is to act, her being on the news and trending worldwide on social media in not something she wants. I believe in what she said that she and KJH are not dating. She vehemently denied it more than once and I know she would not do that to the man she loves, to deny that they are in love. So by clearly denying, it means that she is not in love with KJH and they are just in a platonic relationship. I still believe in SSH and SJH and pray and hope for the two of them ❤

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted anything on this forum. Work, life has kept me so so busy. But I've been lurking here and on the DM IG account. We were sailing so smoothly for such a long time, and now BAM, a BIG WHOOPER of a wave! But fret not, fellow shippers....

Echoing all the sentiments of @huckleberrymoonriver @hrkharis@fiona628 @Jimmy Greene @akhenaten the pictures, the dating rumors, are manufactured by a 3rd party. I was a BINJIN shipper and I watched the bts and interactions between SJH and KJH--- no spark. I watched their interactions at the Culture Depot event--- no spark. it was clear that their relationship is similar to that of older sister-younger brother. That's it. 

I understand that some of us need something MORE, and because we haven't gotten something like the "grocery incident" of BINJIN, it is difficult to keep the faith in our couple. BUT... LOOK AT THE CRUMBS our OPT has given us the past months during the filming of DM, the interviews, the IG posts (with hidden messages), etc. 

I'm still sailing this ship, and like I've said many times in the past, if no denial from the SSH-SJH agencies regarding THEM, then its still sailing. And if in the end, SSH and SJH are together then YEY! and if they aren't then, I'll be happy for them too, and continue to support them.

Lastly, one of the "perks" of shipping them is the people I've met online who are genuinely really AWESOME! This may be an added bonus, but one that I didn't expect. Keep the love going for us OPT, friends. The truth prevails! Peace!

:heart::heart::heart:

P.S. @Shay Mitchel - agree with your post re SJH and KJH's demeanor: they KNEW they were being followed. The way they looked at the camera, the hands behind SJH's back, etc. Maybe, the reason why SJH had an overnight bag with her is that she had just returned from Jeju visiting SSH, and had little brother KJH pick her up. :approves:

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Before I go on, I'd like to premise this post with the statement that I wrote this while wearing the hat of a neutral, non-SSH/SJH shipper as far as this dating rumor is concerned so I can assess more objectively if there is a great likelihood of it being true.  I haven't jumped ship yet and I'm still on board, and I will hold off my decision to jump ship until there is enough proof - preferably a proper statement from SJH and KJH - that they are a couple.  :)

I was going over the photos and statements again over at IG and if you think about it, they look similar to the photos of other KDrama actors who were dating under the radar of the media and got caught on camera by Dispatch.  The masks, the heavily wrapped-up attire, the access to their respective apartments via parking lots, stuff like that.  That's why I'm not surprised that it was concluded that SJH and KJH are currently dating.  If Dispatch is reliable, then maybe they were already keeping these two actors under surveillance for quite a while now and when they decided they had enough evidence, they came out with this bomb.

But if they really have been dating since CLOY ended and right before SJH started with DM, then SJH's statements about her single status all this time aren't true.  Yet this kind of behavior doesn't seem to jive with the kind of personality she seems to have.  Although a very private person, I don't see her as the kind who would outright lie about something so very important to her.  Maybe she won't give details and maybe she would give evasive answers, but I don't think she would behave as if she were single and unattached.  And based on her personality, I doubt very much if she would act the way she did with SSH all throughout DM if she were in a relationship with someone else. 

On the other hand, it's also possible that she made those statements despite being in a relationship so she can deflect the attention of the media.  In which case, they wouldn't be exactly lies, but more of half-truths.  Or it's also possible that, at the time she said them, they weren't a couple yet.  Maybe, if the stories are true, she was just being his friend during an especially challenging time in his personal and professional life.  Maybe it only progressed to something else shortly after DM ended and while he was doing Mr. Queen.  So in this case, her statements weren't lies.  They were true, at the time she said them. 

So how do we factor in all those BTS of her candid and unguarded behavior with SSH?  Well, if she and KJH were still just friends at the beginning and during DM, then maybe she behaved that way with SSH because he made her very comfortable and she saw him as a good friend.  And she genuinely liked him.  However, if she and KJH were already a couple prior to and during DM, then she was probably comfortable enough with SSH that she trusted him not to mistake her actions for anything else other than that of a close female friend and colleague.  

And what about SSH and his affectionate and playful actions towards SJH?  Well, it's possible that he was just being teasing and playful with her as her sunbae.  And maybe, if he were already aware at the time that she and KJH were secretly dating, it was an incentive for him to tease her more.  I've seen that kind of interaction and behavior between an onscreen couple here in my country.  They were hugely popular and so many people were utterly convinced of their onscreen romance and were getting confused as to what the real score was between them.  But the actor was known to be very much married and very private about his personal life, while the actress had a relationship with another actor at the time and everyone knew about it.  Yet despite that,  their dynamic onset (as seen in their BTS) was electrifying and he would treat her as if she were his girlfriend.  Of course, he was also her senior professionally and they had become close friends during their drama, so it kind of gave him that license to tease her. But it was an inside joke because they both knew they were committed to other people.  

So what am I trying to say? That the possibility of SJH having been in a relationship all this time with KJH is there, despite everything that we saw and all the "crumbs" thrown our way.  That she might be the kind of person who would act formally when in public towards the person she's romantically involved with in order to safeguard their privacy, while with someone she knows she has nothing going on with but she likes as a friend, she can be very openly affectionate.  

And the lightning-quick denial from SJH's camp (or was it her direct and personal denial?  I can't recall) about the relationship?  If she's really not in a relationship with KJH, then she did that to make it clear once and for all that these are mere rumors and she's nipping it in the bud.  (And if she is in a budding or ongoing relationship with someone else, whether it's SSH or whoever, she wanted to assure that person that nothing's going on.)  On the other hand, if they are in a relationship, then that denial would be your typical damage-control to avoid any premature revelation that may adversely affect them, which in this case, would be similar to what happened with Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin.      

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

Thank you all for the great analysis.. it did give me some hope that the dating news may be fake. That said, I can’t shake off the question why they were both carrying what seems like a day bag.  If it’s really true, then what would be going through SSH’s mind now? It’s obvious that he has feelings for SJH - even if he knows that she already has someone during DM production.. now that it’s been out, he must be feeling very low.. and at a time when he’s doing filming for Voice4 which requires his utmost focus.  My heart aches just thinking of this. :sad1:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, moomoo said:

Thank you all for the great analysis.. it did give me some hope that the dating news may be fake. That said, I can’t shake off the question why they were both carrying what seems like a day bag.  If it’s really true, then what would be going through SSH’s mind now? It’s obvious that he has feelings for SJH - even if he knows that she already has someone during DM production.. now that it’s been out, he must be feeling very low.. and at a time when he’s doing filming for Voice4 which requires his utmost focus.  My heart aches just thinking of this. :sad1:

My personal take on this is that, if SJH and KJH are really already dating now, they weren’t dating yet when DM started and while it was airing.  Maybe at the time, she was still being the supportive friend and noona to KJH. But maybe it developed into something more after DM. 

If SSH were really interested in her romantically, maybe he tried to show his interest early on, but when he saw

how involved she already was in KJH at the time (whether as a friend or whatever), he decided to back off gracefully and just manifest his feelings through his playfulness.

It also kind of disappoints me, if the dating rumors turn out to be true. There’s actually this annoying little voice in my head that says it is, but then the other part of me that ate all those crumbs SSH and SJH gave us refuses to accept defeat, at least until we hear it from SJH that the rumors are true. 

• Like 3

Here is the deal, of course both agencies knew of the photos.  They had a planned response.  I am sure dispatch called to get a reaction.  I would if I were them.  Now for SSH I go back to hug picture and timing on this.  We are not idiots here, and of course SSH was sending a message.  Makes perfect sense.  Just go back to gray hoodies, look at the two lonely photos and BTS.  Why would SSH do a Japanese interview with SJH if she was involved with KHJ?  Not likely.  So what do I expect, I think we will get an announcement E Day within the next  90 to 120 days which would be close to a year.  Could it be KHJ?  Okay, although I highly doubt it and I would still be happy for them.  So here is what I expect, SJH giving us E day news about SSH.  

Keep in in mind that SJH bestie just got married and SSH is filming so yeah SJH might hang with a good friend like KHJ and spent time together maybe went to the mountains day hike whatever.  I don’t see SJH lying, could it be half truth maybe, but I will be on the SSH SJH ship till we hear otherwise.  Hang in here guys we will get thru this.

:issohappy:

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Try to watch the YT Video of KJH’s visit to Team Lab.

He was always calling SJH Sunbaenim and even bowed down to her at 7:50.

To me, if they are dating for a year, this is not what a romantic couple would look like.

Spoiler

6-CF147-B2-70-BA-4752-B6-C9-45-BBD60-CD7

And as what @fiona628

mentioned, on SYS and SJH’s guesting on Life Bar, SSY said SJH takes care of her friends very well. I read somewhere that KJH had bouts of depression and as a good friend, she was there for him to comfort him and cheer him up.

69-EF6539-696-B-4002-9863-F7-E97732-A08-

My assumptions might be wrong but as long as SJH denied they are dating I believe her.

So I am still on board this ship.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

Dating or not thats their private life..i respect them/her.. 

I think she really takes good care of her friends.. 

Kjh is not the first hoobae to sjh.. kim ki bum is also a close friend of her from the series chunjas special event.. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4