[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

The subs from Kocowa were on time, so here they are. NP0d18Q.gif

Episode 103 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
JHY: Do you know how much you've affected the foundation's image? Just stay low and stay hidden like a rat.
YR: Are you kidding me!? You won't get out of this either. Do you think I'll take all the blame alone?
CWS: You'll have to pay for the sins you've committed.
JHY: How dare you tell Woo Seok?
TP: Did you really think I'd stop?
JHY: I have nothing to do with it.
YR: Mother, should I take care of Lee Tae Poong?
JHY: Okay. I'll have your back.
TP: We're almost there. It'll be over soon. So don't worry.

Ending Scene of Episode 102

English Translation (from Kocowa):
-At SJ's office in DL Group-
SJ: Did you look into it?
Man: Yes, the warrant for this investigation was issued because of the dual contract regarding the lot for the town for the handicapped from five years ago. And someone named Lee Kyung Hye had that dual contract.
SJ: Lee Kyung Hye?
Man: Yes. During the construction of the town, she sponsored a large sum of money. But later she was arrested for a hit-and-run and died in jail.
SJ: She died?
Man: Yes. And the person who reported about the dual contract was Chief Yu.
SJ: How did Chief Yu know about it? What connection does Chief Yu have with Lee Kyung Hye?
Man: That also seemed strange to me. But I couldn't find that out.
(SJ sighs)
Man: Maybe Mrs. Lee's son has a connection with Chief Yu. They're about the same age.
SJ: Her son?
Man: Yes. Mrs. Lee had a son. His name is... Lee Tae Poong.
SJ: Did you say: "Lee Tae Poong"?
(SJ walks to TP's office)
(Flashback) Man: And Chairman Ju has been forbidden from leaving the country due to the irregularity case. The one who ordered it was Chief Yu's friend, Prosecutor Jang.
-At TP's office in DL Group-
TP: What is it that you want to tell me?
SJ: Did you live as Yu Min Hyuk not because of Han Yu Ra, but because of my mom? In order to take revenge on DL Foundation? I heard about your mother. That she gave a lot of support in building the town. But Executive Director Park admitted to the allegations, and the case is closed.
TP: No. It's not over. You know it too. Executive Director Park took all the blame alone. The actual person who should pay for her sins is still out there.
SJ: The reason you're doing this. Is it because of the money your mother sponsored? I'll give that money if that's the case. If you want an apology, I'll do that too. So... let's please stop here. Let's clear things up here... and walk away from each other's lives.
TP: This isn't something that can be solved with your apology.
SJ: I'm also convincing my mom. If you give me some time, I'll convince her to apologize...
TP: Convince? How absurd. Plead... and convince the perpetrator to apologize? Do you think... that would mean anything to the victim?
SJ: Then what do you want me to do? You don't want any compensation nor apology. What in the world do you want?
TP: To pay for the sins she committed. One should get punished for what they did wrong.
SJ: So... will you have to drive my mom to the corner like this? Will you be happy only then? Fine. I know too. I heard that your mother passed away in jail. I feel bad about it too.
TP: "Feel bad"?
SJ: But Min Hyuk, your mother is already dead. You can't undo the past. So please, let's stop here.
TP: You can't undo the past, but you still have to straighten out the faults from the past.
SJ: So... you'll take it to the end with my mom. I can't believe you. To be blunt, your mom didn't die because of my mom.
TP: You don't know anything! Your mother! Cha Seo Jun, your mother...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Gretule said:

Started watching this drama this week, finally caught up with skipping past boring repetitive parts.

This drama has been going on for a year and a half (or at least that's what it feels like). :joy:

How much of the episodes did you actually watch in order to catch up with the drama in less than a week? :joy:

I am thinking 1 minute per episode? Am I right?

Contemplating Zsa Zsa Gabor GIF

I haven't even watched 1 minute of this drama ever. I am keeping up with the plot just fine by being force fed screaming previews on my IG feed and looking at gifs on this thread. :joy:

Thanks to @Ameera Ali I am fully up to speed!

:wow1:

• LOL 9

finally caught up on the episodes for this week and am laughing. yura is the true genius in this drama. it took tae poong almost 100 episodes to connect the dots whereas this chick figured it out in half an episode. bwahahahah... she can obviously beat this man in any law exam. :joy:

chairman finally realizes he is a horrid example of a father and he has pushed away his own son. face palm that it took him 30 years to hug his son. moron! poor seo jun -- his heart is broken and just wants to be leave the country to have some peace. can we have a new country that he can move to besides the usual choices of dramaland. how about somewhere warm so he can lay on the beach and put an IG pic of him and his abs. ^_^ maybe hawaii? he can then take tips from hawaii uncle on where to stay! hahahahha...

and what is with that detective ajusshi's office -- is that the breakup zone? why do so many couples break up there -- surely yejin and yu myung could have broken elsewhere?

16 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think TP will survive. He is in the photo I posted earlier, they are celebrating the end of shooting. But will he stay smart? His headaches are back :( poor guy

we had a bet on that earlier -- if he goes back to 7 year old brain; see our poll results here. if you won, change your DP to kimbap for a day and if you lost, please change DP to a disney character for a day.  it will be fun.

• Like 2
  • Blob 6

1 minute ago, partyon said:

This drama has been going on for a year and a half (or at least that's what it feels like). :joy:

How many minutes of the episodes did you actually watch in order to catch up with the drama in less than a week? :joy:

I am thinking 1 minute per episode? Am I right?

Contemplating Zsa Zsa Gabor GIF

I haven't even watched 1 minute of this drama ever. I am keeping up with the plot just fine from watching previews and looking at gifs on this thread. :joy:

I started off with watching full episodes up until episode 12 then got bored and only watched around 5-10 minutes sometimes more if the episode was interesting. Since its lockdown have nothing better to do either so spend most of my day just watching that. :joy:Literally would skip and they are still talking about the same thing, I have no idea how people are able to watch a full episode :hushed: 

I applaud you for never watching it yeah all the previews and this thread pretty much tells the whole story, the actual drama is just repetitive at this point, oh look YR is going to save herself again and do something evil.:no_mouth:

Also, does anyone have any other daily drama suggestions that are finished but also are interesting? This is my second daily drama after watching Left Handed Wife which was another rollercoaster.

• LOL 5

25 minutes ago, Gretule said:

Literally would skip and they are still talking about the same thing, I have no idea how people are able to watch a full episode :hushed: 

Yes, I've been wondering the same.

There's this lady in this drama. I think they call her YR here. I call her the evil screaming lady. She is incessantly screaming in every episode. I was glad when she lost her voice around ep 85-95.

I thought there was character development and was happy for a second.

I was wrong. :unamused:

I applaud you for never watching it yeah all the previews and this thread pretty much tells the whole story, the actual drama is just repetitive at this point, oh look YR is going to save herself again and do something evil.:no_mouth:

I don't actually know how I ended up on this thread either. :joy: I think it was my twin @Ameera Ali who started tagging me here because of Mr. Abs scenes (my twin and I love abs, you see). 

So then I started getting tagged also in non-shirtless scenes.

I even answer the polls my distinguished colleague/sweetie @Lmangla puts up. :joy: Diligently.

• LOL 8

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I knew she wasn’t done screaming yet. Han Yu Ra’s MO is to scream at the top of her lungs every chance she gets . 

SJ has become very annoying for episodes 100-102. smh smh

007a35a075f0c762bb4af6a832c8e9c8.gifhere he is begginf Lee Tae Poong to forgive his mom. I guess SJ finds out some more secrets his mom is keeping from him. That she is a cold blooded killer and doesn't care for no one but herself. I have come to the conclusion Lady Joo obssession isn't love but about power & money. She has no regrets and used Secretary koo but he was dedicated to her    because he loved her.

• LOL 8

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I knew she wasn’t done screaming yet. Han Yu Ra’s MO is to scream at the top of her lungs every chance she gets . 

Yes chingu. You were right.

I was bummed when I realized that her laryngitis had cleared up.

frustrated community GIF

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 8

5 hours ago, Gretule said:

But why is no one saying more about YJ and SJ dating before and now finding out their are siblings, is that not disturbing to them or what? At this point everyone is involved with each other, such a messy family tree.

had to laugh during the chat between chairman and yujung -- love how he just says "I treated you badly" and does not complete the sentence -- "back when you were dating my son". bwahahaha.. instead, he says they got off on the wrong foot. yea, okay.  :sweatingbullets:

and yura's expression when she found out that yujung was the daughter -- her expression was like "you mean I could have faked being the daughter instead of having to slog and doing a fake marriage?! oh, I have been cheated!!!!"

Oh No Omg GIF by Friends

• LOL 10

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

There's this lady in this drama. I think they call her YR here. I call her the evil screaming lady. She is incessantly screaming in every episode. I was glad when she lost her voice around ep 85-95.

The screaming lady :joy: It fits her well. Really don't think she is getting any character development she just seems to get more evil every episode if that is possible. She will either end up in the insane asylum or in prison at this point there are no other options, except dead but it's YR so it's not likely. 

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

tagging me here because of Mr. Abs scenes (my twin and I love abs, you see). 

Your twin is amazing for tagging you in those because Mr. Abs looks so fine in this drama, they should surprise viewers with more Mr. Abs Shirtless scenes.:fullofhearts: You seem committed to the drama now, got to stay till the end!

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

and yura's expression when she found out that yujung was the daughter -- her expression was like "you mean I could have faked being the daughter instead of having to slog and doing a fake marriage?! oh, I have been cheated!!!!"

You got to admit YR is committed to the cause, maybe in the last few episodes she will swap DNA results and pretend that she is actually YJ the lost daughter honestly wouldn't even be shocked at this point! :joy:

But yeah the dad just didn't even seem to remember why he was being so rude to her, I mean his son was literally crying saying how in love he is with her too.

• LOL 7

2 minutes ago, Gretule said:

Your twin is amazing for tagging you in those because Mr. Abs looks so fine in this drama, they should surprise viewers with more Mr. Abs Shirtless scenes. You seem committed to the drama now, got to stay till the end!

Yes, my twin @Ameera Ali is the best! :Cornykiss:

@Gretule I don't think this drama will ever end. They keep extending it.

bec7b1970615d8a60067e46aee5094fd.gif

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 7

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

I was so confused because they said it will be 102 episodes, so after watching 101 yesterday I was so confused because nothing is sorted. Now it says it will finish at episode 105. By the time it finishes we will be at episode 1009 where YR is trying to marry another rich man that doesn't want her and keeps screaming or looking shocked when something isn't going her way.

.alison brie omg GIF

• LOL 9

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

that ridicules, the writer trying to hard to involved YR until last episodes :smirk:

- now we finished with list who didn’t she sleep with or marry, she need to finish list of men she send to hospital  or kill :D:phew:

tae poong is being punished for being lazy and getting D- on his revenge assignment and distracted by random stuff like falling in love. tsk tsk. such waste of genius brain.

yura A+ for consistent effort for plotting and coming up with all sorts of schemes. she wouldn't let love or any pesky emotion get in the way.

grade result: tae poong on road while yura gets to sit behind the wheel. :P

@Gretule ~ it would be hilarious if the parents turned around and declared they had the wrong daughter pegged as belonging to chairman and there was a baby mix-up. then this family tree would be even more amazing. :joy: seo jun was married to his sibling yura but got divorced. he was also dating yujung who was almost his sibling. she was also dating both her her brother-in-laws at one point but ran out of energy and decided to just stick to one brother-in-law tae poong. he was once married to her sister. she is now feeling sorry for her almost sibling seo jun because he lacks her super fast processing power. :lol:....

if you gave the outline of these relationships to someone who hasn't watched the drama, they would fall out of the chair. bwhahahhaa...

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I am loving the carzy lool on Han Yu Ra.. lol 

efe18dc7af0a98b81632f0fdcd5a1675.gifi would hate for her to lose her mind. She needs Jail Time not psych ward. :angry: 

Secretary Koo was only an errand boy, look at how quickly Lady Joo found another henchman to do her dirty work. Everyone is always doing her bidding and no one seems to be able to say NO!!!! to her. Why is that??? Mr koo cried  lol lol

e2843e4c46ec941e8273fc3bd36b8783.gif 

Here she is screaming again , HAN YU RA  when will she SHUT UP!!!!!!! 5e80fadf32eb8f992a258900a3062682.gif

I have to admit she is the smartest Villain ever. The way she always stayed on top of her game and always finds a way out. In the GIF I sent you, the only time Lady Joo passes out is when MR Koo get's arrrested. Not when Her son walks away from her. Look at it clearly. 

@Lmangla 

I like your theory but what about this one, SJ and Han Yu Ra was switched at birth. A HOSPITAL ERROR. It would explain how she is so EVIL. How quickly they became friends. Don't you think????

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, Good Karma said:

YR and Mr Koo the 2 villains looked so cute here while TP seemed to be not in the mood.  Everybody was smiling except him.

I think he’s been too tired of making that revenge-face ~ squint eyes a little, tilt the head down and to the side a little, and smile a little ~ that no more smile left for this photo LOL

• LOL 13

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

blooded killer and doesn't care for no one but herself. I have come to the conclusion Lady Joo obssession isn't love but about power & money. She has no regrets and used Secretary koo but he was dedicated to her    because he loved her.

We may have come up with more interesting scenarios than the writer on Joo-Ko relationship. In the preview, Ko had confessed to Chairman Cha, effectively cutting loose from Joo. Not much love lost there.

8 hours ago, partyon said:

No!! No!!

:headbang::dead:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 7

10 hours ago, Gretule said:

I started off with watching full episodes up until episode 12 then got bored and only watched around 5-10 minutes sometimes more if the episode was interesting. Since its lockdown have nothing better to do either so spend most of my day just watching that. :joy:Literally would skip and they are still talking about the same thing, I have no idea how people are able to watch a full episode :hushed: 

Also, does anyone have any other daily drama suggestions that are finished but also are interesting? This is my second daily drama after watching Left Handed Wife which was another rollercoaster.

I recommend Queen for 7 days. 

• Like 4