[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon all the medical team do is cut his shirt :joy: - you can’t save who writer want dead 

The writer must have felt he should grant our wish to say goodbye to SJ's abs?

@Ameera Ali not impressed by Ko's devotion to Joo. I have seen films which had the antagonists having their love story but those were well done. But this show can't even set up the main couple well. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

this writer is bad. I am not an expert in kdrama but I had the idea that a character died if it was necessary for the plot then it had a purpose, what is the purpose of the death of this character at 104 episode? maybe the writer tried to find a way to send a YR jail, so attempted murder, blackmail, perjury and threats were not enough, otherwise it will be fraudulent to find concrete evidence of the crime that JS had in hand to send his mother to jail, since TP's super mind had not found anything. If these are the reasons he made a useless death without adding anything to the plot.:isannoyed:

otherwise they killed JS because he was suffering too much and would suffer a lot in the future.:crybaby:
 Maybe in the future a better writer will rewrite everything better, as the initial idea was interesting and some dynamics could work.

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

Just watched the episode raw and I can say without any doubt, that was just to kill time. How else can you

explain 5 minutes on Ms Otoke asking a dead SJ to wake up? I could hear the word eat. Everybody was grieving over SJ, and each crying fest was shown to us, daddy and mummy and SJ and YJ and a blank faced TP.

It could have been wrapped up nicely in 15 minutes or less. Only bright spot was the arrests of YR and Joo. 

Shouldn't SJ's body be in the morgue waiting for postmortem? Bodies can decompose very quickly. Tsk, tsk writer continues with unrealistic scenarios.

Tomorrow's the last episode and TP is going for surgery? Plus court scenes. Idiot writer. He could use 2/3 of this episode for the court time.

Oh well last episode coming.

I am going to say an early goodbye. I couldn't stay for 20 episodes without all of you. It's been hilarious with Ameera's gifs and Han father.

I was right about whitewashing of YR's mother which has finally climaxed. Not forgetting Lmangla's and partyon's polls, thank you.

• Like 7
  • Unamused 1
  • Blob 1

Episode 105 (Final) Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
TP: The day has come at last. My mother's wrongful death will be revealed.
YR: An attorney-at-law!? I have money in my bank account. You can get me a lawyer with that!
YR: I was ordered by Ju Hwa Yeon sitting next to me.
JHY: How can a human being kill another?
Mr. Koo: I did all of it! I'll be punished.
TP: Do you know how serious of a crime perjury is!? Why are you lying!?
YJ: Oppa! Are you okay!? Wake up, Oppa!

Ending Scene of Episode 104

English Translation (from Kocowa):
-At Chairman Cha's office in DL Group-
TP: Chairman Cha, Han Yu Ra is arrested, and she's being questioned at the precinct.
CWS: So what happens now?
TP: She'll be sent to the prosecution tomorrow. We have clear evidence of her crimes on both Mr. Choi and Seo Jun. She'll receive the appropriate punishment.
CWS: Well done.
TP: Also... here. Those were Seo Jun's belongings. The police gave them back saying they're not related to the case.
-At the police station-
ST: Ms. Han Yu Ra. You admitted to your crimes on Mr. Choi Jun Seok, right? He submitted all the evidence. Denying it won't work! Attempted murder of Mr. Lee and unpremeditated murder of Mr. Cha in a hit-and-run! Do you admit to your crimes?
YR: But... I had an accomplice.
-At the Cha family house-
ST: Mrs. Ju Hwa Yeon, you're under warrantless arrest for conspiring to murder Lee Tae Poong.
JHY: What? Warrantless arrest? Do you have proof? Do you have proof I conspired to the murder? How dare you arrest me without evidence?
TP: Evidence? The evidence... is here.
(Flashback to when SJ recorded JHY & YR's conversation on his phone)
(Flashback) YR: Mother, do you want me to take care of Lee Tae Poong?
(Flashback) JHY: Yes. If you take care of Lee Tae Poong, I'll have your back.
TP: You heard... the evidence, right?
ST: Mrs. Ju, come with us.
JHY: No, it wasn't me. I didn't do it! No!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

So I wasn’t sastified that the writer made Soo Hee into a mistress with an illegitimate child. Not how I remembered it & so not SH’s personality.  Rewatched a couple of episodes.  Killer kept pleading with Chairman to get over his gf who left him. Promised him the moon if he accepted her.  Her friends sneering at her for acting as if she & husband have a loving relationship. They said he turned to her on the rebound.  

and even some scenes where TP’s mom asked dumb dumb’s Dad to cover for her in the office while she went for treatment. 

somehow he was downgraded to driver & SH to mistress. bad writer who couldn’t keep track of her characters!

At least in the end, no fake & sudden conversion of Anabelle demon & her ex-MIL.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

So I've stopped watching this drama until now. Just fast forwarded to the last two episodes, and it's getting sillier.

Bruh, why does the writer have to kill off every normal character? (Actually no one is normal so they are the closest to normal) Can't you kill off YJ? I looks like they wanted to add a shocking twist (probably because it's getting boring) but Idc, I'm not even emotionally attached to the character, this is how bad the writing is.

No, I don't think TP will die at most he'll go back to his 7-year old self, they just had to stretch the episode somehow. This is what I said towards the end of every daily drama and I will say it again, aan't they just air the next drama already? 

You don't have to kill off the villains, please just kill of YJ, she's more annoying than all the characters combined.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

Never said SJ was evil. You don't have to be evil to RickRoll'D things up. He was a brat for sure. To me his sacrifice and death redeemed him. Definitely the taping of his mom & Han Yu Ra. He's spent over 100 episodes crying and whining with puppy dog eyes over YJ. It was a bore. As for the main couple I give them some slack since their relationship went from innocent 14 year olds to a 7 year old grown adult that didn't even know he didn't have sex. I liked the pureness of their love. In spite of all the evil, selfish people around YJ & TP I was fine with them. TP has endured more than anyone and deserves his happy ending. This was only my second daily drama and I to me it was typical soap opera fare. Entertaining and did not make me want to rip my hair out. That honor goes to "My One and Only" or "My Only One". It was with UEE i think her name was and it was pure torture. Even YR's screaming wasn't too bad because it wasn't that high pitched shrieking that most of the women do. Again, yes SJ is hot as hell. Had nothing to do with story telling though. This will probably be my last daily though. Too frustrating.

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, GingerK said:

Entertaining and did not make me want to rip my hair out. That honor goes to "My One and Only" or "My Only One".

:joy: lol. I watched that show and I totally agree. The show itself is too dramatic. And the male lead isn't even that hot.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Also @fanofr I agree but I didn't even bother to bring it up. Never once did I think SH was a mistress. I always gathered that Lady Joo is the one that swooped in and did everything to come between them.

@Secretz :lol: Right?! And the female lead looked like she would snap in two she was so thin and emaciated. I couldn't stop staring at her bones protruding through her coat.  Her coat!!!!! :surprisedwut:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Secretz said:

aan't they just air the next drama already? 

I won’t lie, the next drama airing seems WAY. more interesting than this one. I wanna watch that. 

1 hour ago, Secretz said:

Can't you kill off YJ?

Lol, I said it before and I will say it again, YJ should’ve become a villain.

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

seriously some one take battery off   , how can someone keep screaming for 120 episode  :joy: 

Twin, I think YR is powered by Duracell batteries.

AnyVigorousHamadryad-small.gif

or Energizer

tenor.gif

I can't wait for my IG feed to be rid of her shrill voice soon!

:highonflowers:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I am going to say an early goodbye. I couldn't stay for 20 episodes without all of you. It's been hilarious with Ameera's gifs and Han father.

I was right about whitewashing of YR's mother which has finally climaxed. Not forgetting Lmangla's and partyon's polls, thank you.

Awww chingu :wub: I could notice your frustration the last weeks!

Honestly, I am so glad I didn't watch this drama - especially after having read all of your comments on this thread :joy:

@Lmangla sweetie is the one who deserves all credit for the polls on this thread. :kiss_wink: All I did was vote in a couple of her polls (despite not even watching the drama - I hope I didn't skew the results - lol).

Thanks to everyone for having the patience to have me around despite me coming with lots of weird comments that had little to do with the plot due to the fact that I wasn't watching the drama (I think most of my comments referred to Mr. Abs and the evil screaming lady)

Kisses to all of you and let's hope that we get a great last episode despite the demise of Mr. Abs! :dorakiss:

tumblr_mr4615RHQE1re85ioo1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

Does anyone know how many more episodes are left of this drama?

7 hours ago, Naty828 said:

this writer is bad.

what is the purpose of the death of this character at 104 episode?

If these are the reasons he made a useless death without adding anything to the plot.

otherwise they killed JS because he was suffering too much and would suffer a lot in the future.

I’m sorry for chopping your post. I was thinking of the same question, why kill SJ now. 

I agree with you it is bad writing. 

I’m also thinking SJ’s death is the most painful punishment for his mother who is evil. I don’t think anything, short of her son’s death, would have had an impact on her. Though she was not willing to give up her company status for the benefit of her son. But even losing wealth and status would have stopped her. That’s why they had to kill SJ off. Just my two cents. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

The multiple sham atonement and remorse of Yura's parents is truly disgusting. The writer redemption of this duo is laughable when they still act surprise and skeptical when told about Yura's crimes. Yura, Lady Joo and Koo will be going to jail but why no punishment for the Hans. They are culpable for the many evil things Yura did since lying to marry TP along with the Han dad and Mr. Koo chasing down SH and causing her amnesia and losing YJ. That"s why I would have preferred YM (Han's son) instead of SJ getting run over by Yura.  This is the karma the Hans deserved. Killing SJ didn't have much impact for Lady Joo since she's delusional already. Plus her most treasured position wasn't being SJ's mom but the chairman's wife.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

I think YR has leukemia based on nose bleed and bluish mark seen by her mother and she'll just die while in prison, YJ & TP will get married and have a child, SH will take the seat of Lady Joo as the Chairman's true love.

Happy together for Lady Joo and Mr Koo inside the cell :sweat_smile:

May be an image of 1 person and standing

ctto

• LOL 8
  • Love 1