[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

Wow , SJ ruined his peaceful life , his mom 100% wants this marriage to be successful :joy:

dramatic SJ

B65DCE8D-74D9-4B30-A294-45F12A7C981B.gif

Me trying to understand,  what the hell , he talking about , how this spoiled prat life similar to Charlie Chaplin :w00t:

5C992A74-DB66-4873-B44D-297EEDFA2716.gif

His  prospective future :tounge_wink:

9C31BB1E-6E1F-4F63-957C-6522CE07A15C.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Me trying to understand,  what the hell , he talking about , how this spoiled prat life similar to Charlie Chaplin 

he is referring to a famous quote by charlie chaplin “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."

so seo jun is saying that from the outside, he seems to be leading a very charmed life -- he is rich, handsome, heir to a company etc. but if you look closer, you would know that he is trapped and manipulated by his mother, depressed, struggling with feeling like he is not good enough to impress his father, not being acknowledged by other board members, married to a spider he cannot stand, and he cannot get close to the love of his life....

• Like 9

Note: there's no episode tomorrow (Tuesday) night because of the Korean baseball playoffs. Episode 50 will air on Wednesday night.

Episode 50 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):

YR: You will give up your position as a director just for Yu Jung? You're out of your mind.
YM: Why are you doing this to me? How could you do this to me? Why me? Tell me!
SH: I told you to break up with him. Why don't you listen to me? Would a good person hurt you?
YR: What the heck are these two doing? She said she wasn't into Seo Jun, but she's flirting with him. You won't listen to me?
YR (to YJ): You said nothing will happen and I have nothing to worry about! A misunderstanding? I just saw it with my own eyes!

Ending Scene of Episode 49

English Translation (from Kocowa):

-At SJ's House-
YR: I thought you wouldn't come home today, but you did. You drank a lot, right? It's honey water. Drink it for your stomach. I made... my conclusion. You asked if I didn't have an ego. As a woman, you hurt my ego badly... and you hurt me so much. I asked myself if I should live this way.
SJ: So what's your conclusion?
YR: I will deal... with it. I'll throw away my ego and deal with it. Do whatever you want to do... and come back to me. I'll be waiting for you right here.
SJ: You're unbelievable.
YR (thinking): Do you know what I threw away to be here? I can't back out like this. Yu Jung said she and Seo Jun are just friends. I just need to wait. I should wait.
-At YR's Work-
YR's Co-worker #1: Congratulations. You're finally the single main host.
YR's Co-worker #2: Thank you.
YR: (walks in) Hello. Did you have good news?
YR's Co-worker #2: Thank you, Yu Ra.
YR: For what?
YR's Co-worker #2: You rejected the talk show, so I became the main host of that.
YR: What? (walks out)
(Flashback) Man: Your husband called us... saying you were rejecting the show. I thought you two had agreed upon that.
-SJ's Office-
SJ (to YJ): It's okay. It's all right.

Edited by Ayame
Added youtube versions + translation
  • Thanks 4

Another whack on YJ's face? I hate slaps and hair pulling on kdramas, and men roughing women is a no-no. But in this case, somebody should grab YR by the throat and warn her to stop it. It's not going to be SJ... he will yell  'what are you doing?' or sigh.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

watching seo jun play nasty games with yura is actually quite entertaining. despite her tearful dramatics, she married him for money and power. she blackmailed him into marrying her. so is he the first guy who is refusing to dance to her tune? her pride is just hurt. go seo jun go!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1