[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

Episode 48 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):

MW/DH: Mr. Yu, you always help me, so you're a superman.
YJ: It's been so hard for me.
TP: How can I ever forget you?
YJ's Mom: Mr. Kim wants to set Yu Jung with someone good.
SJ: Do you think we got married because we love each other?
SJ's Mom: What are you talking about?
YR: How do you know that, Mother?
SJ's Mom: How reckless are you to do something like this?
SJ: I want to work things out with you. You can take as much time as you need. I can wait.
TP: It still feels like a dream.
YJ: Don't ever leave me again.

Ending Scene of Episode 47

English Translation (from Kocowa):

-In TP's Room-
-Missed Call from Han Yu Jung-
YJ (text): I must hear the truth from you today. I'll wait for you at the park we met until you come.
-Right outside TP's room-
SH: Is it raining outside? Is it raining heavily?
KYJ: Yes. It started pouring all of a sudden.
SH: Is Dong Ho wet too?
KYJ: No. It started on my way back. It wouldn't stop soon.
SH: Oh, my. You're drenched. Go take a shower now. You'll catch a cold. By the way, did you reach Yu Jung?
KYJ: No. I called her earlier and her phone was off.
SH: What's going on?
-At the park-
(Flashback) TP: Yu Jung, "Let us forgive each other, only then will we live in peace."
(Flashback) TP: Peace?
(Flashback) YJ: "Let us forgive each other, only then will we live in peace." I believe in that.
(Flashback) TP: That's what Tolstoy said.
YJ: I found you, Tae Poong.

• Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

But for how long did she plan to sit there? :lol:What if he didn't come? I know in the end this is a Korean drama, so eventually he would come by to save her from getting sick. But still... sitting in the rain for a dude...

I thought the same thing @Jillia. Smh smh 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f9d2622eeb4db18243

After watching this with subs , I finally get why they zoomed in at his drink lol 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f9d2622eeb4db18243

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

52 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

When someone hug me from the back , start crying like Crazy person  

Lead man

** god grace , I’m not mad of money :D

I think this writer must have written that weepy character in Fatal promise. 
Closeups of TP crying for his 'son' and now YJ flooding the screen for the last two episodes. 

@Ameera Ali Which episode has that part with YR begging SJ's mother? 
Driver Ko must have been busy. He should have done that before the wedding.

p/s I think YR should have been wearing SJ's mum's clothes. Those are tailored career woman's nice fit. Ok maybe they want YR to look lumpy. Maybe YJ, then she won't wear those awful socks. 

• LOL 8

@Ameera Ali Which episode has that part with YR begging SJ's mother? 
Driver Ko must have been busy. He should have done that before the wedding.

Tomorrow episode 
YR was relaying to be discovered after marriage , but how they still didn’t discovered her real family yet . YR must manage to fake good document 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I really don't like SJ's attitude towards YJ. YJ considered him a friend only, so she didn't deceive him :(

as for TP, he knows that someone in DL group framed his mom, so he is investigating the matter. He tried to help SJ divorcing YR. The only problem here is that TP didn't realize that he still loves YJ, and that YJ loves him.

SJ is justified in feeling that TP betrayed him because TP loved YJ and didn't tell SJ, but I think TP was matchmaking SJ and YJ because he thought that SJ is DH's dad and he also thought that YJ loves SJ. The story here is completely different from A place in the sun, because SJ didn't marry YJ, she didn't use him in any way, she never promised him or give him false hope. As for TP, he thought that YJ loved SJ and had a child from SJ, TP wanted SJ to divorce Yura and marry YJ, which is TP's revenge against Yura. Also TP had a chance to stop the marriage of YR and SJ by displaying the marriage photos of TP and Yura before he learned that the culprit is in DL group. So somehow, TP used SJ in his revenge 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@nohamahamoud2002 seriously we can’t defend TP he is in the wrong , he played with someone feeling . 

**  How dare he promises him the sun and the moon and doesn’t deliver :mrgreen:

Very true @Ameera Ali  He did play with SJ’s feeling but SJ was delusional to actually think he was dating YJ. He gave out the wrong information, if he was SANE HE he should have said , I want to confess to the girl I like. He was so cryptic in his comments. 
@nohamahamoud2002 You are right 

SJ should not be mad at YJ because she never said to SJ “I Like a you “ “ 당신을 좋아해요 “ 좋아해“.  She told his mom, they were only friends. She is so clueless to not know SJ has been flirting with her since he started hanging out with her. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I  know that TP used SJ :(

but YJ didn’t betray SJ because she told him from the start that they are only friends

@UnniSarah it is the first time you disapprove of the actions of the ML  :lol:

It happens sometimes when it is justifiable. When the consequence merits it and when the Second lead seems like a good guy. 

Spoiler

A PLACE IIN THE SUN 

I DID NOT LIKE SECOND LEAD. I FELT HE WAS A BIT FAKE , THIS SECOND LEAD ACTUALLY DOES A GOOD JOB AND FIRST IMPRESSION WAS COOL TO ME 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

My guess is something will go wrong with this plan of his mom to get YR pregnant by SJ.  I see her pregnant (or lie she is) and later find out its not SJ's sperm that was used. Not sure if it really will happen but if it does YR may find out before she has the baby but keeps quiet because she knows the baby is the only thing holding SJ to her even if its distant. SJ will have to fall in line with the news of a baby even if he never touched her and found out what his mom has done to get that sample. 

I have never seen a mother go to this extreme to make a child do what she wants. (Wait I did see something like this before.. in that case the MIL was trying to take her seconds son's sample and impregnate her 1st sons wife with it without either of them knowing. CRAZY! ) She can see that SJ does not like YR at all but she continues to push which further makes me wonder if she did something similar to get his father. I even wonder if SJ is even her child with this man.  Her actions are going to blow up on her later I feel . All that work she did to do that and something is going to go wrong in the process. 

This plot of his mom's and YR's is going to blow up in their faces in the long run. They will use this to keep SJ from YJ but all this will do is make him hate them more and more for ruining his chance to be with the woman he liked even though she never really liked him in that way. 

Its not going to be hard for him to see like the above that YJ and MH have a connection. Jealousy will set in and he will say some mean things to either YJ or MH because of it. The more he is trapped with YR the more angry he will become and jealous and resentful and lash out. It will make him mad to see the woman he likes laughing and joking with another man even if that man is MH. If we throw in someone saying that YJ and MH look like a good match or seem to be good with one another its going to further twist his outlook. He is totally delusional in thinking that YJ and him were a sure thing when YJ never lead him on. MH tried to help him time and time again to be with YJ but his messy life got in the way along with his crazy wife. SJ won't be rational and will blame others when the real fault is his for a. marrying YR in the first place. B. thinking that he could get rid of her so easily and C. counting his chickens too fast  in thinking he had YJ when she never saw him as anything more than a friend and treated him as such. Reality is a hard blow for SJ in his delusion. We can still see he is still trying to get YJ but he has not cleared up anything in his personal life and all he is doing is drawing attention and anger to YJ who has done nothing and wants nothing to do with him in a personal manner.  We all hope he does not change but I think he end up will changing at least for a bit before the full truth of everything comes out about what his mom did in the past as well as YR. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

SJ has every reason to be angry with the two lovebirds. From what he could see, they were his favourite people who backstabbed him.

Really if TP was looking for the person who framed his mother, he was not doing anything investigative once in the company. 
In the promise, and in Tears of heaven, a character in the family married the avenger ( as  if the lovesick TP can be an avenger ) so she could 'use' them for revenge.

I cannot imagine YJ helping TP against her mum or sister. 

Did we find out why the fool dad slap YJ? I really don't like the brother. The nerdy girl can be SJ's pair. I pity SJ, he lost his first love, mum's a psycho, wife's is scum, father does not care.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Really if TP was looking for the person who framed his mother, he was not doing anything investigative once in the company. 

if he can’t follow a lead or investigate, is it too much to ask from a intelligent person to hide his incriminating thing away :joy:

4C30BA79-BB51-498F-887B-0C59CDFAE66D.gif

• LOL 9

I like TP despite his faults. Kang Eun Tak can express different emotions easily just using his eyes. I saw very few episodes of Love till the end, so couldn't judge his acting. He is doing fine here. I like his chemistry with YJ, they are friends in real life, I saw them in Problem child in house, they both visit each other's houses, so you can imagine their strong friendship. 

• Like 5

That why Lead man in daily kdramacan’t be a master mind revenge machine . 

1- it’s not that they lack the intelligent to DO IT RIGHT . 
2- or terrified of dead bodies they will leave behind .
3 - or their excessive amount of empathy . 

But simply because  revenge requires skills of mastering lying every second and to continue lying to someone for so long is against LEAD MAN  HONOR , not to mention the mark of a successful master mind revenge person is that he is SOMEONE THAT YOU WOULD NEVER SUSPECT AND TP IS THE LEAD MAN WITH MOUTH THAT CANNOT STOP MAKING MISTAKES :D

# me not judging, just pulling my hair out :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

8 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

My guess is something will go wrong with this plan of his mom to get YR pregnant by SJ.  I see her pregnant (or lie she is) and later find out its not SJ's sperm that was used. Not sure if it really will happen but if it does YR may find out before she has the baby but keeps quiet because she knows the baby is the only thing holding SJ to her even if its distant. SJ will have to fall in line with the news of a baby even if he never touched her and found out what his mom has done to get that sample. 

I have never seen a mother go to this extreme to make a child do what she wants. (Wait I did see something like this before.. in that case the MIL was trying to take her seconds son's sample and impregnate her 1st sons wife with it without either of them knowing. CRAZY! ) She can see that SJ does not like YR at all but she continues to push which further makes me wonder if she did something similar to get his father. I even wonder if SJ is even her child with this man.  Her actions are going to blow up on her later I feel . All that work she did to do that and something is going to go wrong in the process. 

This plot of his mom's and YR's is going to blow up in their faces in the long run. They will use this to keep SJ from YJ but all this will do is make him hate them more and more for ruining his chance to be with the woman he liked even though she never really liked him in that way. 

Its not going to be hard for him to see like the above that YJ and MH have a connection. Jealousy will set in and he will say some mean things to either YJ or MH because of it. The more he is trapped with YR the more angry he will become and jealous and resentful and lash out. It will make him mad to see the woman he likes laughing and joking with another man even if that man is MH. If we throw in someone saying that YJ and MH look like a good match or seem to be good with one another its going to further twist his outlook. He is totally delusional in thinking that YJ and him were a sure thing when YJ never lead him on. MH tried to help him time and time again to be with YJ but his messy life got in the way along with his crazy wife. SJ won't be rational and will blame others when the real fault is his for a. marrying YR in the first place. B. thinking that he could get rid of her so easily and C. counting his chickens too fast  in thinking he had YJ when she never saw him as anything more than a friend and treated him as such. Reality is a hard blow for SJ in his delusion. We can still see he is still trying to get YJ but he has not cleared up anything in his personal life and all he is doing is drawing attention and anger to YJ who has done nothing and wants nothing to do with him in a personal manner.  We all hope he does not change but I think he end up will changing at least for a bit before the full truth of everything comes out about what his mom did in the past as well as YR. 

@Ldy Gmerm that is the scenario I see. I do believe SJ is her son. I do believe he( SJ ) is a test tube baby or the secretary baby. This henchmen goes above and beyond to protect her. Why is that???  Don’t forget  how long ( more than 20 years) it took for hubby to be a bit nicer to her That was a very long time and that is scary. 

• Like 6