[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

1 minute ago, aisling said:

If Mr Queen ends satisfyingly, I think Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun will be the couple who finally dethrones my most beloved OTP of all time Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince) whom I’ve loved since 2007 and no couple has threatened their place before.

you and i have the same most beloved couple... coffee prince is that memorable for me.. with my 15 yrs of k drama watching experience, they still  remain the meter  by  which i measure all my other OTP .... i love that drama for the message it presented ... still one of my favorites ... and i must say that even though i adore our crazy couple here ... and they have great chemistry ... and it might even be their best paring as far as costar for each other  in projects go.... GY and YEH ... or as best said , Choi han-kyul  and Go  eun- chan will remain on their number 1 spot in my heart( but i'm  always objective with each and every OTP i come around ... I always give them a chance in case that  i might dethrone them , but it hasn't happen yet )   .... :sparklyeyes:

• Like 5

Here I am - I have already read all ur posts - wonderful indeed - but WHY so much fuss about HJ leaving the king, I mean - ok, it's not easy and he might have felt that he failed her or to keep his promise, but why so emotional - the shortness of breath and crying eyes - one can be hurt - but hey, 2 yrs is not that much especially when he didn't love her /nor he does now/. I'm a bit disappointed, and I don't care if the King is a righteous man - he loves someone else and that's it. 

Historically I do know how things worked back then - but this is a drama - it was quite unnecessary...

This ep's bts is going to be pure gold - hahaha - they are so good together - acting & stuff - sigh... BUT, I don't know why I can't picture them as a couple , I mean - DON'T GET ME WRONG, I do ship them, but it's so strange that I can't explain it - they are so good in portraying their characters that the only 2 people I can see are the king and the queen, not SHS & KJH; the idea is that I am rooting more for the characters than for SHS and KHJ; anyway the level of embarrassment is so high - that there are 2 ways out - they will become a couple later on or someone is going to be friendzoned [ sigh...] :saitama:

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

Here I am - I have already read all the post - wonderful indeed - but WHY so much fuss about HJ leaving the king, I mean - ok, it's not easy and he might have felt that he failed her or to keep his promise, but why so emotional - the  shortness of breath and crying eyes - one can be hurt - but hey, 2 yrs is not that much especially when he didn't love her /nor he does now/. I'm a bit disappointed, and I don't care if the King is a righteous man - he loves someone else and that's it. 

I think it has to do more with the fact that HJ is now an scorch  woman ... imagine a young ,well educated woman and beautiful destined to live a life of a widow  ... and as a zero class citizen ... not only is she a woman, she is a marginal under the standards of Joseon... it is quite the sad situation for her and very... very.. extremely unfair ....if you take into account that it was the king whom call her to the palace... I had wished the writer to write this part of the C-drama better , but to be honest they have taken the most iconic moments , situations and references  and sort of  duplicate  them entirely and the story has not change that much .... it feels like i'm watching a better version of go princess go  and that's it ...( please if anyone disagrees ... don't kill me ... that is just my experience ... given that i watch GPG first ...  I'm not that much surprise by the plot and twist ....I was much more captivated when they decided to go stray from the original source material like the lake scene when he saves her and the she is my woman ... and the confrontation scene back in ep 3 ... at this point  im just waiting for JBH to acknowledge that he will not lose his essence to KSY, as long as he remains himself , and admits that she is him... i mean that was the focal point of GPG ... and im going with it ... JBH and KSY are the same soul ... different time ) if you listen to the OST of GPG you might also get this idea ... i don't know if this might be relevant  ...because it might sound condensing ... but i promise you that its not the intention  of the following .. but  having 15 plus years of watching asian and foreign tv ... and being much older now .... even though enjoyable ... most dramas start to seem like they are following a certain pattern and unless it is an extremely cohesive , exclusively new , and fantastic  drama .... they start to all look the same ... i'm extremely entertain watching SHS and KHJ but i won't say that it is the best drama i have watched... GPG is one of those memorable for the main subject  ... as well as this one... and they will remain in memory because of it ...but nothing else ( at least to me) ...what remains " a man transported  in time to the body of a woman ... a  queen nonetheless and the everyday survival"  and they will stay until another drama is made on the same subject ...other than that...  GPG  killed several of my functioning brain cells... but i do understand that there are some people that love it ... and i respect that ... i used to love silly ... i admit that my first k drama love as a whole was" you're beautiful " now i can't quite say the same thing ... i mean ... it remains a fun memory but i don't think i will rewatch it .. ever .... taste just changes ... back in the day when i was not used to the silly ... it was new and i love it ... mind you, i even showed it to my mom... when viki didn't require any subscription of any sort ... and she was 50 back then and she loved it .... so its not a matter of age , although i will says that our age does influence what dramas we give a chance to,  once you have been expose to all the tropes ...  that is when you sort of became selective... these days is so hard to truly be invested and committed to finishing shows ....  I ended up watching Mr. queen because i was very curious as how they would develop the plot ... like i wrote on a previous message, we don't get a modern  man's soul trapped in a woman's body ... that sparkle  my curiosity ... i knew that  the K production was going to be far  better than whatever  GPG was... because that drama was a web drama, had low budget and the script was questionable more often than not... however i wished that the two productions would have diverted better ... i mean ... i was expecting JHB to show us his special forces skills with rifles and stuff... i know he must know how to use them ... if you are in the special forces ... you are a train  soldier... i don't know ...what can i say... i like the drama ... but wished it could have been better at the same time... is not over by no means ... but somehow i  think i already know where all this is going ... but don't let me water down your party.... specially if this is your first time watching this plot or first k drama ever... enjoy .... i just needed to get this out of my chest i guess ...   

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

i've just been constantly refreshing kissasian's listing for mr queen hoping the subbed episode gets uploaded soon TT so excited for this ep based on all the gifs i've seen of SB and CJ being lovey dovey hehe~

:Please:

• Like 2

Although I don't like HJ, I felt a little sorry for her.

In this situation, both HJ and CJ were wrong. He should never have taken her into the confusion in which he lived, as he had no real power, she became the target of his enemies. She was blinded by SY's jealousy and envy and ended up screwing up.

If the HJ clan had not been trying to cause confusion to make her queen, perhaps she would have managed to remain in the palace, but as they were, she saw no alternative but to leave.

Edited by Mila
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I just noticed after So Bong let go of Cheoljong’s hand, he tried to reach her hand again :joy: 

He doesn’t even try to hide it anymore how whipped he’s for his wife :lol: 

I wonder if this was one of Jung Hyun’s adlib!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, Mila said:

Although I don't like HJ, I felt a little sorry for her.

In this situation, both HJ and CJ were wrong. He should never have taken her into the confusion in which he lived, as he had no real power, she became the target of his enemies. She was blinded by SY's jealousy and envy and ended up screwing up.

If the HJ clan had not been trying to cause confusion to make her queen, perhaps she would have managed to remain in the palace, but as they were, she saw no alternative but to leave.

I feel the same way ... i feel very sorry for her more than for CJ ... i don't entirely blame him ... but if i  take a look at it from her perspective , losing the man you love right in front of your eyes ... that just equal to another entire world of the married episode .... even if their childhood memories were stolen... like CJ said, he did not fancy her because she had save him from the well ... in fact ,on her action, i find her quite to be more likable than SB ... everything depends on perspective ....we as viewers are pushes to root for SB and disdain HJ ... but human complexity is a matter of bias and putting each other on everyones shoes... like SB said, she is a cool woman ... i respect it for it ... it must not have been easy ... which is why i'm rooting for her ... whether to end up by herself or accepting YP feelings for her ... because where she is concern,  he is the better man ( between the brothers ) for her ... he has always care ... but i guess , we are meant to dislike him for having like her before ... which by this episode .... did prove to be wrong... she is nice.... 

also, i think that given the circumstances , i don't know ... i would have chosen the same ... at least outside she is free... what does she  really have , had she stay... the man no longer loves her ... so no cha cha for you of any kind ...the ladies dislike and are suspicious of you, and you might be use as a pawn... horrible ... i rather be a nobody than a  pretty bird trapped on an elegant cage ... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, may6 said:

I am so happy for HJ ... I knew I had seen some development on the last episode.... she didn't let me down ... YP is safe to say, at least to me that he won't do anything to SB ...I was always afraid because i knew how he viewed her , but i really don't think he will do anything to her ...if anything he might just get together with HJ ... I embrace ...i'm not opposite to that idea ... afterall, HJ and CJ never truly crossed that line to make such a possibility distasteful to me.... the queen Dowagers are scary ... 

Agree about HJ.:) 

Glad the writer believes in redeeming her character. Also like how HJ met up with the queen and presented the bow and arrows as parting gift with a meaningful message. (as living in the palace is full of “RickRoll'D” in SB language:lol:)

• Like 3

yeah - I can get it - I'm not that harsh, but she stole someone else's identity [ kind of], didn't ask for help when SY jumped in the lake and started bullying her after; stole the ledger, got jealous, forgot about the king and helping him, gave the ledger to another villain to frame the queen - I don't remember all the stuff chronologically - anyway she lied a lot - she arrived in the palace because she assumed another identity and became pretentious. Had she not done all that, everyone would have been happy and less troubled. END OF STORY!

We can say that she redeemed herself somehow - she is not the main culprit - but she intelligent enough to understand that beyond a certain point/limit there is no way back - so CLAP, CLAP! that's it - I'm stressed out about what tomorrow brings in!

Knetz anger on the brink of exploding  laugh lol GIF by Goldfish

couldn't post the link - the source is  jia⁷ cw #mrqueen@teamkdramas via twitter 

EtjhV3mUYAEsBgN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EtjhU7fUYAY2Mte?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EtjhUHZUUAEJ6ZI?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

Kudos to the writer-nim for writing the character of HJ as the way she was and her exit. If she didn’t lie....”END OF STORY” then end of drama too. The people in the Joseon era are also shades of grey like today’s society.

spacer.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I just noticed after So Bong let go of Cheoljong’s hand, he tried to reach her hand again :joy: 

He doesn’t even try to hide it anymore how whipped he’s for his wife :lol: 

I wonder if this was one of Jung Hyun’s adlib!

Hahaha. It was quite funny to see him try to reach out for her hand again like a kid who accidentally let go of his mom's hand. 

I expect Knetz to go wild hahaha but death threats are quite the thing for them. The writers would be hiding good now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, icemaid said:

Kudos to the writer-nim for writing the character of HJ as the way she was and her exit. If she didn’t lie....”END OF STORY” then end of drama too. The people in the Joseon era are also shades of grey like today’s society.

@icemaid I explained why I'm not sorry for her - END OF STORY means I won't think differently later on. 

======================

Have you paid attention to the dialogue between these 2 during the funny session spanish omg GIF by truTV

let's call this one - Queen's hormones in the 1 st trimester 

EtGu68BVcAIZbt9?format=jpg&name=360x360

Why does the replies merge?

angry frustrated GIF by The Yetee

• Like 2

4 hours ago, may6 said:

I feel the same way ... i feel very sorry for her more than for CJ ... i don't entirely blame him ... but if i  take a look at it from her perspective , losing the man you love right in front of your eyes ... that just equal to another entire world of the married episode .... even if their childhood memories were stolen... like CJ said, he did not fancy her because she had save him from the well ... in fact ,on her action, i find her quite to be more likable than SB ... everything depends on perspective ....we as viewers are pushes to root for SB and disdain HJ ... but human complexity is a matter of bias and putting each other on everyones shoes... like SB said, she is a cool woman ... i respect it for it ... it must not have been easy ... which is why i'm rooting for her ... whether to end up by herself or accepting YP feelings for her ... because where she is concern,  he is the better man ( between the brothers ) for her ... he has always care ... but i guess , we are meant to dislike him for having like her before ... which by this episode .... did prove to be wrong... she is nice.... 

also, i think that given the circumstances , i don't know ... i would have chosen the same ... at least outside she is free... what does she  really have , had she stay... the man no longer loves her ... so no cha cha for you of any kind ...the ladies dislike and are suspicious of you, and you might be use as a pawn... horrible ... i rather be a nobody than a  pretty bird trapped on an elegant cage ... 

That explain why we are sorry for HJ.:) Thank you.

• Like 3

I'll never forget that intense scene where they had the big argument about CJ trying to kill SB because he saw her as weak.

I have to say if they should win any prize (especially SHS) it would be for that scene.

And for KHJ - that scene when he survived the bombing and cleared the swamp among the ministers.

• Like 6

The difference between Shakespearean tragedies and comedies:

• Tragedies: The protagonists die
  • Comedies: The protagonists live

The writers have done a great job so far of pulling their punches while keeping the threats real. This is a comedy and I have faith in our happy ending!

Like some of you, I suspect our heroes (and some who haven't been allies) are running a con on the palace crazies.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1