[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

4 hours ago, Raffles said:

The difference between Shakespearean tragedies and comedies:

• Tragedies: The protagonists die
  • Comedies: The protagonists live

The writers have done a great job so far of pulling their punches while keeping the threats real. This is a comedy and I have faith in our happy ending!

Like some of you, I suspect our heroes (and some who haven't been allies) are running a con on the palace crazies.

Since the setting of this drama is mainly in the historical time, it has the usual dramatic political plot but the screenwriters really done a good job to make it different with does not have a melodramatic touch to like other dramas like Shin Hye Sun said and to make viewers smile like Kim Jung Hyun said.

Let's observe the supposedly melodramatic scenes:

1)Assassinating the king 

(actually that was his own plan)

2)Poisoning the queen

(Dam Hyang saved her)

3)Executing Dam Hyang

(actually that was alcohol)

4)Oh Wol, Hwa Jin's maid die

(actually she still alive)

5)Hwa Jin lies and betrayal

(she let go after finally realized it was useless to do anything)

6)Byung In & Cheoljong final fight

(I believe Cheoljong will reappear alive )

The most surprising to me so far is Hwa Jin's redemption arc.

You know, if this drama is like the other angsty and melodrama Korean historical dramas, after Hwa Jin realized that she lost the king's favor, she will not stop plotting evil schemes and she might even try to make the queen miscarriage. 

In the end, she will exiled/punished/commit suicide or even more extreme, Prince Yeongpyeong that has crush on her will get injured/died because protecting her after she did some evil deeds.

But in this drama, they make the king himself admitted that the reason he was in love with Hwa Jin before was not just because she was his "fake savior", Hwa Jin bravely asked the king for her freedom herself and the king finally let her go after realized how unfair it was for her. I means, that a nice way to settle this without any tragic incident.

Spoiler

I think this version has a happy ending with them still being a royal couple in the palace.

But maybe this drama won't show the queen give birth, meaning she still a pregnant woman until the end.

The bts picture had Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun wearing royal costumes holding a cake that has the candles number "2" and "0", maybe refer to the final episode, episode 20. 

credit to the owner

Look carefully at the candles on the cake:

credit to the owner

A happy ending for the cutest King and Queen of Joseon!

With a lovely future royal baby on the way:wub:

credit to the owner

I believe in Mr Queen and her King;)

credit to the owner

Good job for choosing this drama, Your Majesty!

I'm happy you will stay alive in here with your beloved Queen.

You know how heartbroken I am with the tragic ending of your previous characters in dramas "Time" and "Crash Landing On You"?!:bawling:

credit to the owner
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

So DongHak is by The King....:coolshades:

I like HJ's development. She decided to leaves the palace because she doesn't want to be uses as a pawn by her clan specifically The Queen Dowager. She knows she can't runs from that fate if she stays in the palace. But it's still a huge sacrifice on her side.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

subbing team, fighiting. Im growing impatient

True ya....why is it not there yet....I have been refreshing the page since yesterday....arghhhhhh

1 hour ago, Madu Mita said:

SUBS ARE OUT! I REPEAT, SUBS ARE OUT !

Really??????

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Blob 3

4 minutes ago, Su. said:

True ya....why is it not there yet....I have been refreshing the page since yesterday....arghhhhhh

Really??????

Well, expand your options. I can state which specific website, so Pm me if you want to know. I knew it through twitter. But check insta, you probably will find many important scenes subbed there. All other websites will update soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

Well, expand your options. I can state which specific website, so Pm me if you want to know. I knew it through twitter. But check insta, you probably will find many important scenes subbed there. All other websites will update soon.

I actually wanted to download the episode n see as my network has issues n I don't want to experience any interruption while watching ...so the subs download is not there yet ...the online watch with subs is on kissasian now

• Like 4

The writer is really taking this time travel plot, love or the throne plot more seriously than I thought!! Sobong keeps beings his weakness and the way to target him, I did not really expect this love or power question will pop up in this drama, but given today's episode, I won't be surpirsed if it turns out in a similar way. Cheoljong definitely won't choose love easily, he's been plotting and creating his vision for the future looong back! I think there will be melodrama but I don't think it will end in a melodrama, let's just see how things turn out.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

3 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I was laughing at that part as well  lol. trying not to be to loud as it is late here 

I didn't expect this reaction till I saw the sub.  And then the King went to consult his buddy on how to make the Queen feel better or happier.... the Eunuch's face :Megalol: and also when Kim scholar threw the water on Hong's face. -  I watered my flower.

The King said " I don't think I could /would live if I do that" 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Blob 1

It's amazing how I can laugh over and over again, now with the sub .. thank you to the chingus who did the sub and translations - my appreciation for the effort.

I was laughing yesterday at the clips in twitters , now laughing HARDER with the sub.

There I was thinking how could the Queen went horse-riding with the King ... why was it allowed?  So the royal maids did try to stop her but knowing the defiant Queen.    

Our King knows better on how to please the Queen.

LOL that Choi Sanggung ... she squeaked her voice and giggled like a little girl, after drinking the Pear Blossom Wine.   :Megalol: @Ameera Ali - if you have time, can you do the drunkard gif of her .... hahahhahahhahahha!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1