[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

1 hour ago, ende said:

I think, more than guessing who is Do do Sol Sol la la Sol, I can't wait for the moment we will know what really happened "behind the scenes" during RaRa's graduation recital. Never knew that early short scene could become so important in many aspects when it started off just being a personal moment between just RaRa and her dad. It even gave the drama title a wonderful meaning when it was being questioned for its peculiar title prior to the airing. 

Another reason why it's worth rewatching every episode, to look out for any detail that may passed off as small part yet it will make sense for the way the whole story is developing. Again, there's so much to love in this drama than I could ever imagine...I was just expecting a simple storyline. So glad Go Ara chose this project for her first rom-com, who knows I may not have it on my watch list. :wub:

that right...i thought rara graduation day is just a common introduction.but its actually hold a key to the drama itself.this writer keep making me to rewatch thw episode to find out the details she give to us....just like blender and fruit, i thought is just simple things to show but it actually want to 

represent the epilogue scene when rara said she cannot made a juice by herself as she did not had blender.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

stroopwafel

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: There were so many fun, sweet moments this week but I can’t even enjoy them right now because my brain is just fritzing at this inexplicable decision by the writer to have Joon be a high schooler. I just…WHY make him a high schooler?!

quirkycase

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: He’s a teenager?! I … did not expect that, and now I feel vaguely uncomfortable. So long as both parties are adults, I respect their agency and don’t have huge issues with age gaps. However, I don’t see why it was necessary to make him a high schooler here. The story would work perfectly well if he were in his 20s and we didn’t have to think of him in a school uniform. I really hope Lala finds out before anything progresses because that would be upsetting. Reveal aside, I’m still enjoying the heck out of this drama.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-231/

I've just been obsessing over this drama and wanting to watch the behind the scenes videos when I realised that Netflix has blocked half of them, but not the other half? The bad news is that this has happened for some countries not only on YouTube, but also on the KBS website for the drama. The Good news is that only half the videos are blocked - and they're blocked for some users but not others? Also the blocked videos will hopefully become actual subbed video released by Netflix on The Swoon.

Anyway, if you are having trouble looking for Behind the Scenes videos, I've compiled all the videos I've found which haven't been blocked. You can watch them all in the link below (the first several are even subbed - but not by me since I don't know Korean)

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/videos-behind-scenes-of-dol-dol-sol-sol.html

I've included little clips of LJW too such as this one :)

13 hours ago, Geloubee said:

Does anyone know the title of the songs used in these scenes from ep 3? Thank you in advance!! https://pin.it/63sNl6j https://pin.it/70yXxF1

Not 100% of the song you're looking for, but compiled all the released OSTs so far for the drama, also on my blog. Maybe the song you're looking for can be found there: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/ost-doldolsolsollalasol.html

OiIZZZi.jpg

My mood for the weekend  - eating ice cream while watching the episodes on repeat.

DDSS0506_6.jpg

One of my favorite scene this weeek is of all 5 of them ended up eating icecream. Thanks to Dr Cha's card, Seunggi doesnt has to pay (again). Kind of funny it started with supposedly planned lunch between Dr Cha and Rara (Hayoung was gleefully happy for them) but of course Jun wanted to join, and with that Hayoung wanted to join too and of course Seunggi ended up part of the chain. Lol. 

I hope we'll continue to see more of the rapport of Jun's fanclub. 

As much as I love Jun and Rara chemistry, it is also the other side characters and the narrative of the drama that continues to draws me in. All the nuances, snippets from epilogues that give different perspective as well. Even the salon ahjummas are fun to watch, throwing shades on drama plot and cliches. Lol.

Episode 6 plot twist is a cute one. Mimi does play the piano! Haha.

Hi, may I join this forum. I am obsessed with this drama too:waves:help!:lol:

18 hours ago, fyEkz said:

My mood for the weekend  - eating ice cream while watching the episodes on repeat.

One of my favorite scene this weeek is of all 5 of them ended up eating icecream. Thanks to Dr Cha's card, Seunggi doesnt has to pay (again). Kind of funny it started with supposedly planned lunch between Dr Cha and Rara (Hayoung was gleefully happy for them) but of course Jun wanted to join, and with that Hayoung wanted to join too and of course Seunggi ended up part of the chain. Lol. 

I hope we'll continue to see more of the rapport of Jun's fanclub. 

As much as I love Jun and Rara chemistry, it is also the other side characters and the narrative of the drama that continues to draws me in. All the nuances, snippets from epilogues that give different perspective as well. Even the salon ahjummas are fun to watch, throwing shades on drama plot and cliches. Lol.

Episode 6 plot twist is a cute one. Mimi does play the piano! Haha.

I love them too..the Jun fans club haha..

It's cute how Jun didn't eat his ice cream maybe because Dr Cha bought them:lol: such a kid

The ahjumas salon squad is fun too..maybe I am overthinking but it's seem that drama that the ahjumas watch (The Great Traitor) is similar to Rara situation..bad secretary that betray his boss (secretary Moon) and the female lead that have 3 man around her. The Tall one (Dr. Cha), the rich one(Jun) and the handsome one (rara new student, forget his name)

Can't wait how the writer will solve the  Jun age issues. I don't mind with large age gap, but a minor is another problem..seem pretty sensitive in SK..I hope it won't affect the rating..never know that I would ever wait drama character (Jun in this case) to have birthday as soon as possible :lol: so he won't be a minor anymore..and he's 12th grader when he runaway from home and he will graduate soon (if he didn't runaway) so it should not be big problem. 

More than anything I can't wait how Rara will react when Jun tell her the truth about his age:sparklyeyes:

On 10/24/2020 at 2:20 PM, larus said:

quirkycase

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: He’s a teenager?! I … did not expect that, and now I feel vaguely uncomfortable. So long as both parties are adults, I respect their agency and don’t have huge issues with age gaps. However, I don’t see why it was necessary to make him a high schooler here. The story would work perfectly well if he were in his 20s and we didn’t have to think of him in a school uniform. I really hope Lala finds out before anything progresses because that would be upsetting. Reveal aside, I’m still enjoying the heck out of this drama.

Honestly I completely agree with this. It's the fact of him being a high schooler what bothers me the most. If he was in early years of college  it would be a lot more comfortable to accept it.

8 hours ago, paolaadl said:

Honestly I completely agree with this. It's the fact of him being a high schooler what bothers me the most. If he was in early years of college  it would be a lot more comfortable to accept it.

I try to think of an explanation, why the writer chose to make Jun so young, a high schooler. It was the intension to make the relationship somehow problematic, a real obstacle for them to overcome? Because the age gap would not be a problem that big if he was not a high schooler and not an adult yet. It was unnecessary. Why the writer chose this?

Now when I see Ha Young and Seung Gi around Jun I think they could be colleagues. :lol:

I still like the show. I hope we will understand the writer`s intension later.

5 hours ago, larus said:

I try to think of an explanation, why the writer chose to make Jun so young, a high schooler. It was the intension to make the relationship somehow problematic, a real obstacle for them to overcome? Because the age gap would not be a problem that big if he was not a high schooler and not an adult yet. It was unnecessary. Why the writer chose this?

Now when I see Ha Young and Seung Gi around Jun I think they could be colleagues. :lol:

Exactly! I've been asking myself why in the world the writer decided to do this and still can't understand. I don't mind about age gap at all, as long as the couple have a great chemistry (fortunately they have a lot) it's fine for me. I just find the possibility of him being a minor while Rara is an adult very problematic, that's why this got me so upset because they're absolutely perfect together.

Imagine Rara finding the truth: that she's falling in love with a minor high schooler.... I'd be so mad and frustrated in her place. It's really sad. 

A lot of people are suspecting that it might have a time jump in the storyline, I really hope it's true and it happens soon so I can go back to ship them together comfortably lol

8 hours ago, larus said:

same with me....i still like this drama and hope writer would explain well the flow of her drama.rara n jun is such a cute couple and people surroundings them had a sense of humor....that why i stay with this drama

:fullofhearts:

New still cuts

2XJCJVH5RKPRNVSU4MYU7ZNK74.jpg

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/27/BW47VTCEJETIIQCCLBYY3DMGWU/?outputType=amp/

So Jun and Rara really met at graduation recital. He came with Kim Ji Hoon (the one that sat beside him and say Rara is his type it's Kim Ji Hoon!)..

This my thoughts and guesses

- Kim Ji Hoon is younger brother of Kim Ji Ah (Rara friends from college) and he brought Jun with him to his sister recital. Kim Ji Ah told Rara that his family struggle too last year (Kim Ji Hoon passed away last year) and she didn't Rara since they're not really close and Ji Ah didn't want to share burden to others too. 

- Rara and Kim Ji Ah is not really close as friend so maybe that's the first time too for her met Kim Ji Hoon.

- Kim Ji Ah also good friend of Dr. Cha ex-wive. So she invited her and Dr. Cha too (that's why everyone is there that day haha)

- Jun surprised to see Rara again on her wedding day. He ask her why she talk banmal to him, maybe because he want to check if she remember that they already met before. Jun is friend of her friend younger brother, so she naturally think that Jun is younger than her that's why she talk in banmal to him. But she don't remember at all..omo omo Rara:lol:

- Jun maybe already has crush on her at their first encounter. That's why he lie about his age?

Can't wait tomorrow episode:sparklyeyes:

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

So Jun and Rara really met at graduation recital. He came with Kim Ji Hoon (the one that sat beside him and say Rara is his type it's Kim Ji Hoon!)..

Thanks for sharing these photos! I just want this memory of Jun to be shown this week please...and revealed to RaRa...then perhaps it's simpler to come forward with his age. Partly because I rather want him to be the first to tell RaRa this secret than Dr Cha with his. 

1 hour ago, ende said:

Thanks for sharing these photos! I just want this memory of Jun to be shown this week please...and revealed to RaRa...then perhaps it's simpler to come forward with his age. Partly because I rather want him to be the first to tell RaRa this secret than Dr Cha with his. 

Yesss, it's better if Jun is the one that tell Rara the truth..Rara is not judging type..she will be shocked maybe but she will listen to him if he willing to explain.

Ep.7-8 usually be the turning point of the story in K-drama haha..so I hope writer-nim not drag this issues any further

Me and a friend from another mini Dol dol sol sol la la sol thread translated and subbed a few DDSSLLS additional BTS videos. If you'd like to see our other DDSSLLS projects, you can join us at where we normally hang on the links below the video

To see English subs, make sure to turn on 'cc' at the bottom right hand of the video. If not in 'English,' make sure to select English before viewing. Enjoy!

Ok so I’ve been rewatching the episodes and I’m realizing the reason he was so panicked with rara in the car accident is I think in part it reminded him of his friend who died in a car accident. The flashback he has of her was when she said “ahnnyeong” and we know now that word is traumatic for him because that’s the last thing his friend said to him before he died. So that added to his sense of urgency and panic when he was trying to help her. Also maybe why he was more inclined to help her while in the hospital? (Although I do believe he started falling for her when he saw her in her wedding dress) maybe they actually met too during her recital according to the post above as well?

I haven’t rewatched everything completely but I think I will when I have the time, because I feel like the show has been putting in all these foreshadowing moments throughout and we just haven’t realized it at the time. 

ah can’t wait for Wednesday to come!

10 hours ago, Just_Me said:

New still cuts

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/27/BW47VTCEJETIIQCCLBYY3DMGWU/?outputType=amp/

Can't wait tomorrow episode

(Sorry to cut your post)

This looks interesting.

I too can't wait for the coming episodes. I also thought he might've met her at the recital with his friend along. I can't wait to see what actually happened. I also wonder if the mysterious guy was also there. 

It looks like, they all might have been in one place and bumped into each other somehow. 

Archived