[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

5 hours ago, ende said:

YES!! My thoughts exactly! Clueless was one of my staples back then and I love Cher's character development. I think RaRa will be in the similar vein. Just as Alicia Silverstone brought that special aura and portrayal of Cher, I believe Go Ara has that in her too for RaRa. 

Yay! So glad someone else is feeling the Clueless vibes too. I really think you're right- Go Ara is being that same warm, sunny and careful vibe Alicia Silverstone brought to her character too. Even down to her little movements. It's funny because this link between the 2 stories dawned on me when they were at the laundromat and she pulled her hair back into a ponytail in the same carefree way that Cher did and Jun couldn't help but look at her, a bit like Josh.

5 hours ago, ende said:

I was waiting for his lead role after discovering him through the drama Search:WWW to showcase more of his layers and I'm glad his first is with one of my fave Korean actress. I always feel that younger male actors can learn a lot from Go Ara because she always get so much naysayers with every new project yet she remain progressing her career in good stead, choosing different projects all the time. Her positivity/energy, vast experience and willingness to share/learn is what I hope a talented and fresh actor or actress can learn from. Interesting that I recently found out Lee Jae-wook studied in ChungAng University, same as Go Ara. 

I haven't seen Search WWW, but now I might go back and watch it while I wait for these new episodes. Yep, I think it'll be a good experience for Lee Jae Wook because Go Ara has been around for awhile and seems to be super positive. I was a bit meh on her in the past, but I'm impressed by her improvements and really like her in this project. I also think Lee Jae Wook has a good level of maturity and can also hold his own with seasoned actors so they work very well together on screen.

2 hours ago, multiloverssss said:

i agree with you....go ara potray rara character very well.usually i annoyed with this type of character,but rara character is so likeable.She is so transparent and innocent, she never think bad about others....that why people around her comfortable with her even for tsundere jun. Rara look vulnerable but she has a strong character in her own ways.

My favourite piano scene is during ep 3 when rara play a piano for the  old man....that scene so subtle and emotional. i don't why, but i like that scene so much.

Haha, totally agree with you. I'm glad they decided to make Rara more happy go lucky. And I find her likeable because even though she can be silly, it's not too silly. She knows how to respect people's boundaries and bring a positive energy to everyone around her - For a rich girl, she seems very easy to please! And yes, loved that piano scene. It was touching just how touched she was to make an elderly grandpa cry!

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! 

I started watching this show yesterday & managed to finish all the episodes in a single day:relaxed: I started watching it after seeing the promo with the heroine looking all possessed while flaying her hands playing some imaginary piano:lol: 

I am so curious to know who this Do Do Sol Sol will turn out to be eventually. I wonder if it could be her father?? Is he really dead? The secretary didnt even let her bury him. God knows what the crooked man did to her dad because that DDSS thing was something which only he & Ra Ra knew about.:blink: Also is her father's secretary really a villain or was that whole yatch thing just a fancy depiction of the what the ladies were imagining in the Salon at that time??

I also feel Jun knew Ra Ra from before, that is before he delivered the flower bouquet. He looked a little taken aback when he saw her at her wedding.

Really looking forward to the next episodes.

And how cute was Mimi's apple shaped hoodie!!:fullofhearts:

I am loving this drama. :kiss_wink:

Ra Ra's optimism and joy really makes me think of Cher in Clueless like others here have stated. The way she flatters and compliments others and gets them to do things for her. The way she says "Good! Good! Good!" makes me laugh. :joy: What a cutie pie!

The stalker angle is scary! Also Jun's past certainly is intriguing (whose body was found with his ID, was it his brother or friend who passed away last year, why is his family looking for him).

I usually love analyzing and speculating in thrillers, but this time I decided to not do that. I need a lighthearted and fluffy drama, and I just want to enjoy the other aspects of it instead without thinking ahead of the game.

I suspect Jun studied to be an architect and I am also fairly sure he knows how to play the piano (or another instrument). I think that is the connection to Ra Ra's past. Jun seems to have a bit of a self-esteem issue, and clearly felt jealous  and inferior of the doctor in ep 4. He clearly also has trust and abandonment issues.

He felt surprised every time Ra Ra hugged or tried to hug him. He even took a step back when she tried to hug him once. So it was really nice at the end of ep 4 when he took a step towards her, hugged her and asked her not to leave. He clearly was scared to be abandoned by her whom he clearly seems to be in love with already.

And to me it seems Ra Ra is in love too. They are also already very perceptive of each other's emotions and clearly feel comfortable around each other.

I'm ready for the romance!

:fullofhearts:

I know we're probably going to run into wall at some point in the romance, as Ra Ra said that "she's going to one day make him bawl his eyes out". But I trust we will get a happy ending anyway.

The doctor is a bit annoying. Not feeling his persistence. I am also wondering whether he is very ill. I just wish that he and the single mom could find solace in each other instead - she seems to be head over heels for him already after the first hair"cut" (more like hair strand cut :D ).

Love LOVE LOVE the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scene where Ra Ra played for the grandpa was so sweet, and I felt tears well up in my eyes at the same time as grandpa started crying....

What a lovely scene! :kiss_wink:

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

stroopwafel

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: The drama is hitting all the right notes for me; it’s like listening to a familiar and favorite lullaby. Apart from Dr. Cha’s overtures consistently falling flat, I’m loving every other element, especially how adorable Lala and Joon are together. (Sorry not sorry for my punniness!)

SailorJumun

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: Oh my garshhhhh, why are Lala and Joon so cute? Why is everything so cute, down to Mimi and her little doggy outfits? I left this week’s episodes feeling happy and full of sugary sweetness. Of course, even with a sugary sweet show, there has to be a tinge of danger. I know Lala is grateful towards this mysterious Dodosolsol person, but for all she knows, she could be talking to an obsessed stalker. Or someone wanting revenge. At least she has a good group of people around her now (the squishable Joon included).

quirkycase

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: This drama is just so light and fun, and I’m not even always into light rom-com fare. A lot of what makes this work for me is the likable characters (save for that doctor who still creeps me out). Go Ara has never caught my attention, but she’s perfect for this role. Lala reminds me of UEE’s character in Ojakgyo Brothers, a similarly endearingly clueless rich-turned-poor young woman. And Joon is so sweet and lovable. I didn’t expect to look forward to this one so much each week, but here we are.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-230/

This drama is my new weakness. I am dying each episode from the cuteness. I started off super cynical /sceptical and thought about dropping it half an episode in, but now I'm like, "I live for this drama." I think I'll be hunting for BTS content soon.

Jun is so gone  :fullofhearts:

He is definitely deep under RaRa's spell and she affects his moods so badly. If she's happy, he's happy. If she's worried, he's worried about her. It's so damn cute. Her ability to twist people around her finger (not maliciously, but subconciously) by complimenting them works on Jun as well. He gets super flustered, but he loves it when she says that she thinks he's handsome and good at things like building a house. But I think Rara isn't in love with him yet. I think it's implied she's never been in love before (she was going to marry the other guy because her dad told her to and because that guy apparently liked her 'a lot') and everyone tends to love her and treat her fairly well, so Jun's behaviour is no different on a surface level. Deep down, I think she knows things are different with him, but she hasn't processed it properly. This is shown when she give Dr Cha that example about the cleaning - she definitely trusts him and feels more comfortable with him than anyone else and she's often touched by what he does for her, though they both avoid the subject by talking about her "debt."

Speaking of Dr Cha, he makes me feel awkward too and I'm just watching through a screen  It's like he tries to be kind but comes off a little creepy! Like everyone feels like he's watching them or following them. He definitely has very sharp intuitions about Jun which makes me wonder how much he knows about Jun's past - is he just deducting things from his behaviour? Or has he met him in the past in some way? He's also very determined about getting close to Rara. I mean he's bringing it straight to Jun by  being condescending and "thanking" him for helping Rara with her piano school, as well as describing Jun's feelings for him (incorrectly) as sympathy. I think they're trying to give us a red herring, implying that he sent the piano, but I think the real story of who DolDolSolSolLaLaSol is won't be that straightforward? The scene that made me laugh quite a bit was the hairdresser and Dr Cha and their super awkward haircut because she was attracted to him. LOL

Back to Jun though, damn, that man is such a dream. Get yourself someone who will build you a room with a dreamcatcher!!

:cutekitty:

I like all the little (and big) things he does to show he cares for Rara. And all those hugs he avoided made me laugh, especially when even Mimi looked disappointed that it wasn't going to happen. (Can I just say, I really love Mimi. That dog is like a moving soft toy that makes everything even more adorable in this drama). I really like that Rara respects that he's uncomfortable and picks up Mimi - I'm glad she's not the annoying type who pushes their affections onto people. Lee Jae Wook is very, very good at doing those incremental expressions to show he's sad about something and so it killed me every time Rara was spending time with Dr Cha. My heart! But he's also able to do it in the reverse - that hidden look of heartfelt delight at seeing Rara at his house...and he pretty much ran to her too! The ending with his trauma causing him to ask her not to leave has me looking forward to next week!

:issohappy:

I hope there are no triangle love in this drama.Every character in this drama hold some secret and they trying to heal themselves. I like how rara always positive but she still afraid about what would be happen in future.For jun, he hold some secret and like rara said, his eyes always look sad. With rara, he slowly open and he look comfortable even sometimes he look akward. Dr cha, i think he not in love with rara but he curious and like rara bonding with her father. I think Dr cha can overcome his burnout, when he spend time together with rara,jun and the hairdresser.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:32 PM, larus said:

Now we listen to another song: Erik Satie: I Want You

I did not know about Erik Satie. I Just read about him.

I am waiting for another music next week. Show, don`t disappoint!

One more thing. I really like the Twinkle theme song in this drama. I am singing along with Rara: Do Do Sol Sol la La Sol....

I'm lovin'  all of Go Ara's piano scenes. So proud of her! 

Because of this show, I got interested in classical music. 

11 hours ago, multiloverssss said:

I hope there are no triangle love in this drama.[...]

Dr cha, i think he not in love with rara but he curious and like rara bonding with her father. I think Dr cha can overcome his burnout, when he spend time together with rara,jun and the hairdresser.

I don`t think it will be a love triangle. Maybe Dr Cha wants to spend time with Rara without a romantic interest. Who knows, maybe her music inspired, touched him too. Maybe she/ her music helped him took a decision about his life.  He is very ill (if we look how many pills he takes regularly) but I hope it is not an terminal illness. 

But everytime he shows interest in Rara, Jun is kind of jelous. :D

45 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t think it will be a love triangle. Maybe Dr Cha wants to spend time with Rara without a romantic interest. Who knows, maybe her music inspired, touched him too. Maybe she/ her music helped him took a decision about his life.  He is very ill (if we look how many pills he takes regularly) but I hope it is not an terminal illness. 

But everytime he shows interest in Rara, Jun is kind of jelous. :D

i really hope its not a love triangle, i think Dr. cha had meet jun before but he can't remember.

I also like to see jun getting jealous.:fullofhearts:

Hello. Long time since angel last mission love. Look foward for this drama.... 

I saw bts in intagram and some other fan youtube, They are very professional although most of them act in the studio but they seem to be in a real location. For example the rain scene, apparently no rain at all. I was deceived. Wow just wow! 

..…................ 

I saw Go ara always like pictures and info about her on the fan page instagram. Even international fan page! So humble person. This make me adore her 

Finishing  watching ep 3 -4 

I agree that Dr cha is a little  forced his affection  for rara  here , he act as he care and protect about her and suspect  Jun hidden  reasons  when he himself  hidden  from rara  so much about  being in her wedding  , knowing  her from her piano  party and worst of all that he a friend  of her run away husband  

I know he not a bad person  but that what we call hypocrite, he also hide from his friends  where rara  now, no matter if the his friend  is worthless  or not and no matter  if Jun hidden  things it up to them and rara  to figure up( he not a God or pure here to judge  them and decide for all of them what good and better for them like thinking it useless to let her ex husband to be know her place)

, he trying to be think he protected her but in fact he treat  her as cluess  child who has no right to decided  for herself  

And he hide things that will be in his unfavorables too and getting In his way of getting  close to her , he even think he has the right to decided  jun  really feeling and propose from helping her,  he trying to treat her well just to get  close to her nor cause just helping her like jun and he was no where to step and help here like jun and taking responsibility for her life like how jun did 

Here what he mistaken  here , first , rara  not  weak or stupid, second he has no right to act as her protector when Jun the one who really helping her standing on her own feet,  I will not be surprised  if he figure Jun ID that he will be the one who going to report  his place to Jun family under  excuse  of protecting rara from future  and more hurtful breaking  

I dont hate dr cha but I am just trying to understand  his character  , for adult here he the one who more childish  then everyone, I guess rara  give him a major psychological support  with whatever  sikness he having but his way of trying to be in her life not so honest or pure 

If he was the one who send the piano  it more not honest way, he trying to win her favor and build feeling for him before showing his face ..

But in other side I like jun  and rara  characters  development, Jun clearly  love rara  and he aware  of it,but he trying to help her stand on her own, rara  too show that she not stupid and understand  the feeling of people  around her and trying to copy with them ; she look so naive and clueless  but she has a good eyes  of others feeling  

Rara  already  treat Jun as family, person who she comfortable  around and can rely on and act pampered  around him , that how she was around her father; the example she give to dr cha explain  a lot she aware she using and rely on Jun a lot and she not heartless  about it , she just feel comfortable  doing that to him even being aware of it since she see him as family already 

Looking forward  for this two, but sure a murder case and stalker and so much going on in jun  background  is making me worry  too 

Wow..

:fear:

I am pleasantly suprise on how the drama pull a twist on Jun's identity at the end of episode 5 since obviously everyone (us viewers) knows he is a chaebol. Definitely didnt see it coming but it was hinted all along:

- Rara intially talking down to him at the wedding reception because Jun looks young to her

- The mom at the hospital assumed Jun is Rara's younger brother

- Jun mentioning he is a middle-school graduate

I was wondering if Jun is at a legal age, dont want Rara to be a pedophile.. lol.. so I had to google what age is 12th grader in Korea (we have different education system in my country). :idk:

What A Twist !!

That was definitely not what I expected when a male lead is mysterious. My God it’s gonna be a noona romance. And I was so happy that they were gonna speak comfortably because they were the same age. But a noona romance is way way way way better !!

Lee Jae Wook’s soulful eyes. ‘Nuff said.

Is it wrong that I kinda like Dr. Cha’s wife? She seems like she’s gonna be a hilarious cockblocker. Lmao.

Also puppy love between Ha Young and Seung Gi. Cute. But the only puppy I’m concerned about is Jun-ah and/or Mimi.

1 hour ago, fyEkz said:

Wow..

I am pleasantly suprise on how the drama pull a twist on Jun's identity at the end of episode 5 since obviously everyone (us viewers) knows he is a chaebol. Definitely didnt see it coming but it was hinted all along:

- Rara intially talking down to him at the wedding reception because Jun looks young to her

- The mom at the hospital assumed Jun is Rara's younger brother

- Jun mentioning he is a middle-school graduate

I was wondering if Jun is at a legal age, dont want Rara to be a pedophile.. lol.. so I had to google what age is 12th grader in Korea (we have different education system in my country).

That problem  I think In Korea he has to be 20 years old to not be a minor :pensive:

But wait a moment  when he left home he was In 12th grade  we still dont know how  much time he was running  from home? Maybe he will turn  adult  soon that why he running  till he come to the age 

But age difference  is  problem  in Korea specially  in the girl side and she will look like  using him too now 

OMG  really why that twist  like having a rich and cruel mother and family  wasn't  enough 

He for sure knows rara  before the wedding  he from the start lie about his age cause he like her 

Archived