[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Wendy123 said:

For sure the age thing is sexist. I found Goblin extremely unsettling and didn't watch it in it's entirety because of the EXTREME age gap. So I'm really shocked that some people are turned off by the age gap in this drama, since it's so minor compared to that.

Yeap, me too. The main leads pairing in Goblin didn't work for me as much as I like the actress prior to it while I watched it because I keep reading so many viewers' great love for the main leads and the storyline. In the end, I couldn't finish watching it after only 4 episodes in. So maybe that age gap for Goblin was too obvious and mismatched for me. Yet somehow that show was well received beyond my understanding haha. Just my opinion. Therefore I would just love it if those who seem perplexed and dropped DDSSLLS because of Jun's age, to move on. Most of us who simply enjoy watching DDSSLLS till now is because the whole drama is unique with layers unlike a typical, say, romcom. 

---------

Finally I have time to rewatched ep 7 & 8 tonight! This week's episodes have plenty of great scenes that I don't think I'll get tired of watching but I do skip scenes with the stalker during my rewatch. haha. Can't wait to watch Jun confronting that stalker next week! Trying to hurt RaRa and a kid will surely make the whole town oust him for good once everyone surrounding RaRa find out. I'm so ready to join in. 

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: Episodes 7-8 Open Thread

by missvictrix

DDSS0708_1.jpg

Just when you thought it was safe to get back on the piano bench, our drama chucks us yet another twist. Say what! Do Do Sol Sol might be full of sweetness and silly, but it’s not afraid to throw curveballs either — and they’re becoming a fun balance to the cuteness, humor, and romance. Yesss, romance.

EPISODES 7-8 WEECAP

DDSS0708_2.jpg

Last week’s cliffhanger felt like it was more about the Joon high school reveal, but really, it was supposed to be about Lala and her first meeting with Dodosolsollalasol. The number of fake-outs during this scene were epic — once one was over, the next one was lined up. So funny!

The man we’ve confirmed as her stalker turns up, and he seems to be the secret benefactor… but then denies it just when Dr. Cha shows up looking like he also has a secret to blurt out. But nothing is confirmed. Identity still unknown. Benefactor and stalker on the loose.

After this disappointment, Lala, Ha-young, and her mother all hang over Lala’s phone, waiting to hear why Dodosolsollalasol couldn’t make the meeting. Even though they’re relieved he’s okay, Lala keeps harping on his identity and soon has her own little eureka moment where she matches up the writing style in the Byeolgram (A.K.A. “Stargram” haha) comments with the message that Dr. Cha wrote on her congratulatory bouquet. Lala is convinced Dodosolsollalasol is Dr. Cha, and Joon is (rightly) horrified. Their level of squabbling around semantics and grammar here is amazing, and I laughed out loud when Joon purposefully used the same sentence construction in his texts to prove she’s wrong.

Aw Joon, he wants to confess to Lala sooooo bad this week, and even consults Ha-young’s film-making friend LEE SEUNG-KI (Yoon Jong-bin, I lervvvv him) for advice: should he tell his secret first, or confess first? All Joon manages through Episode 7, though, is a bunch of false starts, but I love that we can see this change in him from flustered puppy, to a guy who’s ready to put his “burning” heart out there.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-episodes-7-8-open-thread/

Another thing I realized, was in the epilogue with Jun and his best friend taking pictures with Lala, Jun seemed to have some sort of reaction while taking pics. He didn’t seem like an indifferent third party taking their picture, he seemed conflicted. I wonder if there’s even more to the story??? Maybe that isn’t his first interaction with her?

2 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Another thing I realized, was in the epilogue with Jun and his best friend taking pictures with Lala, Jun seemed to have some sort of reaction while taking pics. He didn’t seem like an indifferent third party taking their picture, he seemed conflicted. I wonder if there’s even more to the story??? Maybe that isn’t his first interaction with her?

you right....its look like there are another things still lingering there.writer really know to keep this drama mysterious....even it look like a simple one but we still cannot guess who is the real DDSSLLS

OMG I need to watch Shopaholic Louie then! I love this drama. I have seen this actor only on one drama before this earlier this year. Goo Ara is a great actress and IS the life of this drama! I loved her in the Reply Series.

Love reading the recaps and thoughts by all. the age difference doesn't bother me as much knowing he is a mature 19 almost 20 and she is 24.  I agree that Jun's family will cause a fuss.

The stalker ---GRRR and hurting the prized child piano prodigy. GRRR who the heck are you? Get out!

I like the guess that Grandpa might be IG friend .

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

OMG I need to watch Shopaholic Louie then! I love this drama. I have seen this actor only on one drama before this earlier this year. Goo Ara is a great actress and IS the life of this drama! I loved her in the Reply Series.I

Omgosh!! You totally need to watch shopaholic Louie!!!!!! I wish I had that to watch while I waited for new episodes to come out. It’s got similar zany characters and a lot of heart. 

Swoonies

post on the kiss

The Divorce wannabes who won't divorce their spouses teaching La La

about making gimbap was EPIC

Prior episode Clips while I wait for the next episode

Spoiler

Go Ara And Lee Jae Wook Share Key Points To Look Out For In 2nd Half Of “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”

643e4f57fb484fe0b659f90f3e1df3de.jpeg?s=

Nov 4, 2020
by C. Hong

As the KBS drama “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol” moves into its second half, Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook shared some key points for viewers to keep their eyes open for!

“Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol” is a romantic comedy about a quirky pianist named Goo La La and an expert part-time worker named Sun Woo Joon who meet at a piano academy called La La Land in a small countryside village.

After eight episodes of ups and downs since their first fateful meeting, Goo La La and Sun Woo Joon have become much closer and have started to trust each other. The two have learned about each other’s feelings and begun a sweet romance, but there is trouble on the horizon for the lovable couple.

go-ara.jpg

As her “key point,” Go Ara picked “the deepening romance between the two leads.” She said, “I hope viewers can become immersed in the sparkling romance between La La and Joon. It’s more fun if you compare how they are like now compared to how they were before they started dating.”

Asked to pick her most memorable scene, Go Ara chose the one in which Goo La La told Sun Woo Joon to think of her like family. She said, “Even though La La had lost everything in an instant, she was able to share words of comfort with the lonely-looking Joon. The scene showed how affectionate a word ‘family’ can be, and did a good job in conveying comfort, safety, ease, and happiness all at once.”

She continued, “I’m looking forward to the joy, anger, sorrow, and pleasure that will come in the second half as the chemistry between the characters grows deeper. Please show us lots of love until the end.” \

lee-jae-wook.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1435697wpp/go-ara-and-lee-jae-wook-share-key-points-to-look-out-for-in-2nd-half-of-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol

Lee Jae Wook And Go Ara Face A New Dilemma In Their Relationship In “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”

566904c8060a42768c9fb831302ee533.jpeg?s=

Nov 4, 2020
by S. P

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol” has released new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

The drama is about an energetic pianist named Goo La La (Go Ara) and an expert part-timer named Sun Woo Joon (Lee Jae Wook) who meet at a piano academy called La La Land in a small countryside village.

Spoilers

After being thrown into the unfamiliar environment of the countryside, Goo La La found a new beginning through La La Land. In the new stills, she smiles warmly at her favorite pupil Shin Jae Min (Song Min Jae) as they celebrate his performance at a competition. Other students from the academy as well as other villagers come to celebrate the occasion, creating a friendly atmosphere. Interestingly, Shin Jae Min’s arm is bound in a cast, leading viewers to wonder what could have happened to the piano prodigy.

In contrast to the liveliness of the prior celebration, the final still shows Sun Woo Joon clutching his cell phone with a tense expression as if he has just sensed something amiss. Adding to the revelation that Sun Woo Joon had concealed his real age, the suspicious person who tracked him down, and the stalker who had lurked around Goo La La, it appears that the couple will have yet another obstacle to face in their starry-eyed romance.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435810wpp/lee-jae-wook-and-go-ara-face-a-new-dilemma-in-their-relationship-in-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol

i can't wait for next episode....there are many revealation would be happen.

i don't why but i really like the piano scene when rara n jun play the piano together... the hand movement so lovely there.the director really know how to capture a beautiful scene. this drama truly healing drama....i like its.last i watch the drama like this is when camelia is blooms.

scene when jaemin cannot play the piano is so touching :please:

Rara do the same to jaemin like what her father do to her.

I cannot see this episode til I get off work. But omg cannot wait.

Saw this clip of behind the scenes or ML and cutie Jae Min. Love this child actor! So cute!

BTS of older episodes 5 and 6 

BTS of ep 3-4

Spoiler

BTS of ep 7-8

a78fa08025fd195fedc33dc30bfe53f5d51c0d6e

Credit to @fan-number20000425 on Tumblr

Somebody cast these two in a period drama!! I mean look at them!! 

Go Ara is such a classic beauty, and Lee Jae Wook has that innocent yet charismatic charm perfect for a melodrama set in the 50s or 60s. It would be so perfect ughhhh I could watch a whole spin off just based on the grandpa's 2 minute flashback

M6A26L4WCIRWQIUHKNPUVD7AXM.jpg

Dodosol Solarasol' Horrified Goara vs. Stalker Kang Hyung-seok'Confronting Shock

Sports Chosun = Reporter Lee Yoo-na
Input 2020.11.05 13:51
M6A26L4WCIRWQIUHKNPUVD7AXM.jpg

[Sports Chosun Reporter Yoo Na] A dangerous confrontation between Go A-Ra and Kang Hyeong-seok of'Dodosol Solarasol' was caught

KBS 2TV's Wednesday and Thursday drama'Dodosol Solarasol' (director Minkyung Kim, play Jiyoung Jiyoung, production Monster Union) revealed the precarious appearance of the kidnapped Gurara (played by Goara) today (5th) ahead of the 10th broadcast. Seon Woo-jun (played by Jae-wook Lee) running in a hurry and Joong-ho Ahn (played by Kang Hyeong-seok) with eerie gazes make a contrast, amplifying the tension in the situation of Kurara in crisis.

'Dodosol Solarasol' is a hilarious but exciting romance between Kurara and Sun Woo-jun, and is gaining a hot response. The two who had become each other's little stars finally confirmed their hearts and faced a fluttering relationship change. However, happiness was also momentarily, and after finishing the competition, Gurara suddenly disappeared, and a crisis came. As Seon Woo-jun learns the identity of stalker Ahn Jung-ho, it is paying attention to whether the two can face each other again after facing a crisis.

In the meantime, the public photos contain the appearance of Gurara in custody. Gura, trapped in a chair and terrified. The appearance of Ahn Joong-ho, looking at Gura with a creepy look, foretells a situation where the future is unknown and heightens tension. Here, Seon Woo-jun's desperate expression looking for Gura-ra stimulates the curiosity of whether he will be able to rescue Gura-ra from danger.

The production crew of'Dodosol Solarasol' said, "From the Ahn Jung-ho incident, not only the relationship between Gura-ra and Sun Woo-jun, but also the people of Eunpo village will have a lot of changes. We look forward to seeing how they will get through the crisis and how the place after the storm will change. It was different," he said, adding more curiosity.

source https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/11/05/4AOO6CP63MYHFRX2YGK22RMGAI/

this is Google translated so maybe not 100 accurate

11 hours ago, Wendy123 said:

Somebody cast these two in a period drama!! I mean look at them!! 

Go Ara is such a classic beauty, and Lee Jae Wook has that innocent yet charismatic charm perfect for a melodrama set in the 50s or 60s. It would be so perfect ughhhh I could watch a whole spin off just based on the grandpa's 2 minute flashback

i never thought they would look so great with that period drama....lee jae wook has mature look, so he suitable for that role.

i hope tonight we still got happy scene between rara and jun....:issohappy:

Episode 9

- The gangster is such comic relief. I found it funny he thought the stalker was a competitor abductor. :tounge_wink:

- Haha, it was so cute when Lala said "Thank you Jun!" and they winked at each other.

- I liked that grandpa was encouraging Jun to tell the truth. I guess it goes without saying that the lie would have caused the gap between them if nothing else did. But I also liked that there's not been anything dragged out in this drama - Jun wasn't resisting, he was planning on telling the truth...but then disaster struck! 

:fear:

- Thank god for the TWD ladies when the stalker was being creepy to Lala. I mean, they weren't super clued in on what was going on. But I liked that they were smart enough to sense something was wrong and instinctively protected Lala by inviting her out for lunch. It made me feel so safe watching that scene because I'm sure everyone has experienced that at least once in their life - someone pulling you out of an uncomfortable situation 

- Hahaha I love how Lala was asking Mimi to pick between her and Jun and then she said, "Oh right, you can't talk!"  It was so cute. Hahaha, poor Mimi put on the spot!! :joy:

-There were little cute moments between Jun and Lala - more hand holding Again, Jun never forcing Lala into anything, just offering his hand to her. And Lala realising that Jun has always been there for her. Her lucky charm!   And also cute was that little 'fight' about taking her home which resulted in Jun admitting he just wanted to spend more time with her, even if it was only 10 minutes. Ahhh, it's cute how he needs her more 

:smooches2:

-Finally progress for SK and HY!! Again, I love how this drama hasn't dragged out anything. And even though this has been a leap, it made sense with the story since HY would have been mad at Lala after finding out she was with Jun. So this realisation about SK worked well in helping her to move on. SK really is very emotionally mature - he knows all of HY's feelings even more than she does and I'm glad the waiting game has paid off for him  

:heart1:

- The support team for Jaemin was sooooo adorable :love: :love: :love: I loved how much they all came together to look after him and cheer him on, especially when it was evident he was injured and not going to win. There was so much warmth in that scene. Also the meal with everyone was so lovely!! I was so touched at everyone being so caring towards each other.  But it's sad that it was a bit of a last supper before the angst  

Hoping the angst won't be for loooong!! 

Archived