[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

Omg so Jun is a high schooler!? Omg what a twist!! But despite that I can’t help but to still ship him and Ra Ra together, I’m already too invested in them!! Didn’t expect this to turn into a noona romance lol 
But yeah him being like what , 18-19 years old and Ra Ra being an adult feels a bit weird haha 
But then again , I have seen much more extreme in other movies/series (such as 30+ being in a sexual relationship with a 15 year old, yuck! Jun and Ra Ra will probably have a innocent relationship, and when they do kiss it won’t be anything passionate)... anyways Jun is mature for his age and Ra Ra is very naive and innocent so the age difference doesn’t seem that big. It’s just so sweet how Jun is totally in love with Ra Ra! While he is mature at same time he still can be so innocent and boyish too, Ra Ra must be his first love and that shows ! He’s such a puppy in love , he probably lied he was same age as Ra Ra so he could have a chance on her. When Ra Ra finds out about Jun she will be in shock, and maybe even angry at him ... but she will by then be in love with him. Looks like by next episode she is slowly starting to realize she is in love with him...

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally wasn’t expecting that plot twist. I don’t know if I like this age gap between them. (I don’t mind age gaps, just prefer both to be adults!) I’m hoping he may be a little older at least not be a minor! They’ll have to have some sort of time jump for the relationship to be appropriate. But like someone said above, the age gap doesn’t seem apparent at all. Jun seems very mature for his age and Rara more naive and childlike. I love them together, so the age won’t deter me, but I hope that twist isn’t all there is to it. 

I am continuing to enjoy this drama for the light fluffiness it is. It’s the one I find myself waiting for eagerly each week! Lee jae Wook was the scene stealer for me in extraordinary you, I usually never fall for the second leads, but I loved him so! He’s doing so well here too! Him  and go Ara have good chemistry! The real life age gap between the two is actually 8 years! 

Me at the end of ep 5....

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Like what?

Did not see that coming. :emmm:

I am still hoping that Jun being under the legal age (of consent) is not true.... I hope this is a red herring, because I am not feeling this....

I don't know. If he were a minor, wouldn't the police be searching a little harder for him?
But then again, I've seen so many twists in k-dramas throughout the years, nothing surprises me anymore.

I was grinning throughout ep 5, but the ending wiped the smile off my face (unfortunately)....

24 minutes ago, partyon said:

Me at the end of ep 5....

I was grinning throughout ep 5, but the ending wiped the smile off my face (unfortunately)....

Yea I agree. I don’t like that development either. I’m hoping there will be another reveal and the age is not right. I don’t care if he’s younger, I just don’t want him being a minor/high schooler. That’s icky. 

Even if the age is true. I’ll continue to watch to see how they develop it. But I really liked that they were same age friends. :bawling:

Jun is a highschooler? - Wow ... you can add my name to the list of those who didn't see that one coming! :scream:

Still not worried though - too much great chemistry between them to waste - It'll be fun watching them grow closer, and perhaps Ra-ra might even try to make the first move, but Jun will resist.  Finally, when they just cannot be apart any longer the secret of Jun's age will spill, most likely from his evil mom showing up at the wrong moment and throwing nasty aspersions at Ra-ra.

Its still several episodes away, but I can smell the time jump from here .... Jun and Ra-ra will be together :wub:

Actually, if you think about it, there are a lot of hints throughout the previous episodes that Jun is young and possible a high schooler.

E.g:  the crush of Hae young (a high schooler), Jun mentioned he just graduate middle school, Rara's naturally address him informally, Jun mentioned he does not have a car licences, etc... It all makes sense now :o

5 hours ago, fyEkz said:

Wow..

I am pleasantly suprise on how the drama pull a twist on Jun's identity at the end of episode 5 since obviously everyone (us viewers) knows he is a chaebol. Definitely didnt see it coming but it was hinted all along:

- Rara intially talking down to him at the wedding reception because Jun looks young to her

- The mom at the hospital assumed Jun is Rara's younger brother

- Jun mentioning he is a middle-school graduate

I was wondering if Jun is at a legal age, dont want Rara to be a pedophile.. lol.. so I had to google what age is 12th grader in Korea (we have different education system in my country).

I was very, very but very surprised..

Really, didn't see it coming..

I thought, yes, he is rich, but I really believed he was 24 years old. 

Now, I don't mind he being younger than her, I know she won't mind much either, but people around will judge and meddle. 

Anyway... this is Shopping King Louie's writer, so in that regard, at least I feel safe, the drama will still be fun and warm. 

Love them!!! :)

49 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Yea I agree. I don’t like that development either. I’m hoping there will be another reveal and the age is not right. I don’t care if he’s younger, I just don’t want him being a minor/high schooler. That’s icky. 

Even if the age is true. I’ll continue to watch to see how they develop it. But I really liked that they were same age friends. :bawling:

He might probably be already 19, which is no longer a minor... and dropped out of high school indeed, because he couldn't deal with his parents pressure... 

But yeah, still his age will bring some problems to the relationship. 

Let's see how it goes... 

This writer is trustworthy. 

1 hour ago, kaqueski said:

Actually, if you think about it, there are a lot of hints throughout the previous episodes that Jun is young and possible a high schooler.

E.g:  the crush of Hae young (a high schooler), Jun mentioned he just graduate middle school, Rara's naturally address him informally, Jun mentioned he does not have a car licences, etc... It all makes sense now :o

all the hint was given....but we never expect this plot twist.:blink:

that why jun always blushing when rara trying to hug him, he is still high school schooler...she like his first love.i hope there are jump in time in this drama ....writer-nim please...he age too young for me to indulgence in their romance.

Hello all, I just had to come in and sign to comment. I started watching it and so far I'm enjoying it. I find it lighthearted and a cute show and enjoy watching it. Like some of you, the last part in ep5 was quiet a surprise, I didn't expect it, but I look forward to what will happen. I enjoy all the music they've been playing. 

Yeah, thinking back about it, there were some hints that he might be younger. Not sure how the writer thinks this will benefit the plot - I find it weird and would have preferred him being the same age as Ra Ra.

In any case, the legal age is 20 (Western age) and they said he was a 12th grader last year (which means he would have been 18-19 years old at that time). That would mean that he could be already now 20 - meaning of legal age. Barely. That would make Jun and Ra Ra "only" 4 years apart.

A time jump wouldn't even be necessary, but I still wish there is a misunderstanding somewhere and Jun would be a bit older.... Then again, we still have 11 episodes to go, so let's hope this twist somehow is justified in the end. :kiss_wink:

@Ameera Ali @backstreetboysfan @Raynaa @multiloverssss @B8lle @emmafaye @kaqueski @LeftCoastOppa @Mapleoaks5 @heartoppaya @nona88 @sweetseptember09@fyEkz @larus @ocean90 @rocher22 @cheekychipmunk_stv @ende @kdramagrandma @JenL @The.Lannister @glass_shoe15 Chingus, I am thinking of putting up a poll on this thread tonight after I have watched ep 6. Please tag me or PM me if you have any questions you would like me to include in the poll ! :dorashakes:

After watching ep. 5. Even it turned out that Jun is a senior high schooler, that didn't change the way I see him. He still looks  24 haha! He looks mature and the way he behaves is like he's already an adult. So nothing changed. They still look good together.

(Agree with me chingus)

12 minutes ago, ocean90 said:

After watching ep. 5. Even it turned out that Jun is a senior high schooler, that didn't change the way I see him. He still looks  24 haha! He looks mature and the way he behaves is like he's already an adult. So nothing changed. They still look good together.

(Agree with me chingus)

I agree with you that regardless they still look good together and I'm still shipping them.

Like everyone saying it kind of balance that Jun is mature and more adult that Rara. Lol. 

However, since Jun is only 19 that would means potentially any future kiss(es) and skinship will be toned down.. haha..  

I hope if there is any timejump (kinda gonna happen in future episodes), Jun and Rara will be together during the timejump and not seperated then reunited. 

On a side note: love that Dr Cha is part of Jun's fanclub unintentionally. So he is really sick?

Cant wait how tonight's episode will plays out.

HAHAHAHA is everyone still alive after the plot twist?! :fear:

I'm not sure how to feel either, but I'm too invested and charmed by this series and Lee Jae Wook now that it's too late for me to back out now  I'm hoping there's another plot twist and they've mistaken his age, or he hid his real age from others, but so far I think I'm going to have to accept what they've given us - that he's a highschooler!! I wish he could have at least been first year uni, but then I guess that would remove the shock factor by tenfold. So many thing make sense now - like all that talk about his college degree and his nervousness around Rara and the hunt for him by his "mother"? 

But I'm honestly still loving the fun wackiness of this drama and the weird mysteries around the characters. It's like we're getting a drip feed into Jun's life and Dr Cha's, but it's like only tiny peeks. Dr Cha seems to be inspired by Rara's boldness to say what she wants and still be liked by all. But I can't tell if he likes her or is fascinated by her charms and wants to protect her from Jun...is that the same thing? 

Ahhhh, The fact that Rara ran back to his house after leaving was cute. And Lee Jae Wook playing guitar got me so bad :love:. And he was so wise when he said you need to look back on your past, be aware of your present and imagine your future in order to have dreams....he can't be that young right?! :bawling:

The humour for this series really speaks to me though - like silly and cute and can be an actual laugh out loud. Like when Rara said her dream was to eat beef tenderloins, and then said dreams don't have to be grand. Or when Rara dragged Dr Cha to the cafe and the 4 of them sat watching Jun while eating their food XD I just find it so funny and endearing! Well, here's to tomorrow!

18 hours ago, sweetseptember09 said:

Omg so Jun is a high schooler!? Omg what a twist!! But despite that I can’t help but to still ship him and Ra Ra together, I’m already too invested in them!! Didn’t expect this to turn into a noona romance lol 
But yeah him being like what , 18-19 years old and Ra Ra being an adult feels a bit weird haha 

Hahaha, these are my thoughts too! I'm too invested for this to be a problem, even if it's a bit weird!

18 hours ago, sweetseptember09 said:

Jun is mature for his age and Ra Ra is very naive and innocent so the age difference doesn’t seem that big. It’s just so sweet how Jun is totally in love with Ra Ra! While he is mature at same time he still can be so innocent and boyish too, Ra Ra must be his first love and that shows ! He’s such a puppy in love , he probably lied he was same age as Ra Ra so he could have a chance on her. 

omg, all of what you said! :love: I agree - he's doing a lot to take care of her and considering he's the one working and keeping the bank going for her, I don't see it as such a big deal XD I think it's because of the teen factor. Like if she was 30 and he was 25, the shock factor wouldn't be so big? But yeah, he's the perfect combination between puppy and guy you can rely on!

18 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

I am continuing to enjoy this drama for the light fluffiness it is. It’s the one I find myself waiting for eagerly each week! Lee jae Wook was the scene stealer for me in extraordinary you, I usually never fall for the second leads, but I loved him so! He’s doing so well here too! Him  and go Ara have good chemistry! The real life age gap between the two is actually 8 years! 

I feel the same - I look forward to each episode so much! I don't like just fluffy and I find this drama to be the perfect combination of funny, wacky and cute. Also, the chemistry is really giving me the flutters!  I also liked LJW from Extraordinary You - it was amazing for him to transform that character from being so unlikable to someone you felt so deeply for.

2 hours ago, sal2 said:

Stills for today episode. The caption answer question about his age. He is 19. So like other says he is not far away from legal age. :)

Translation: in the midst of the most serious conversation.

everyone, you were very surprised weren’t you?

twist- 19 year old lee Jae Wook. 

Archived