[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

After holding her hands in the bus, he feels like he is so lucky to have Song Ah in his side. She doesn't act like Jung Kyung, treating his mother very well yet she never complained about anything. Park Joon Young, Song Ah is a keeper. Keep her and just get married already.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Unpopular opinion but even though what Sungjae told Songah is quite hurtful, it is nevertheless a good advice in my opinion.

Songah is competing with others who have been playing musical instruments since they were young so she already lost close to 10+years of practice. Even if she is talented, realistically can she beat that 10+years of practice? 

As like what the writer said in her latest interview (cr typedmaru) these cold and realistic comments act as a preventive shot before our leads step into the society.

Sungjae is offering other path other than her continuing her Masters in his company i think as he did praise that Songah is good in her work. So now she can decide whether continuing Masters is really the path she want to walk.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 3

1 minute ago, sljj said:

Unpopular opinion but even though what Sungjae told Songah is quite hurtful, it is nevertheless a good advice in my opinion.

Songah is competing with others who have been playing musical instruments since they were young so she already lost close to 10+years of practice. Even if she is talented, realistically can she beat that 10+years of practice? 

As like what the writer said in her latest interview (cr typedmaru) these cold and realistic comments act as a preventive shot before our leads step into the society.

Sungjae is offering other path other than her continuing her Masters in his company i think as he did praise that Songah is good in her work. So now she can decide whether continuing Masters is really the path she want to walk.

Hi, i like your opinion but the way he delivered his opinion is irritating me. I feel her because i ever had that feeling. But Seung Jae never stopped to sugar coating his compliment. 

If it's true the rumour that Song Ah would be Joon Young's manager in the end, it would be good.

• Like 10

I find it interesting we thought JY would struggle the most, but I think he have become stronger after meeting SA. So sad SA get so many blows to her insecurity with people around her. At lest she have a great boyfriend beside her. Just need to find her confidence in herself and find her way in how she can use her passion for music. 

I think JY gonna really fight for their relationship though and not gonna let SA go that easy. :D 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Just now, vangsweetie637 said:

These two needs more than slapping and butt kicking now. Let’s all do this instead:

Lol, they better have a proper ending for treating our lead bad in this drama. 

Since we already in episode 12 and the  writer seems to push the sadness away or less as i said, i hope there's a plot twist by opening Joon Young's depression and caused trauma on him and his mother's situation. I hope there would not be a noble idiocy action from both parties. 

Good night guys. It's almost 12 am right now and see you tomorrow :2540_meh:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, heartoppaya said:

I heard bed scene. Didn’t happen, right?

Yes it didnt..

2 minutes ago, rukizie said:

Song Ah already had enough in her plate. By lacking as a violinist, late in learning violin and people judge her because she is JYP's girlfriend, the idol of classic music. The worst part being her is her insecurities already crawl up and ate her a half before she overflows.

Why are there mean people? :(

SA insecurities are creeping her out and irs getting worst.Hope JY  protects her at all cost..

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Say no to NOBLE IDIOCY..please..

dont give it to us. We hate it.

I think I might break something if they go down this route. Though I think JY might be too far gone to even contemplate cutting SA out of his life. So I'm hoping he prioritises himself and his desires and holds on tight to SA even if she wavers. JY hwaiting!!!

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, sljj said:

Realistically, there is no future for SA as a violinist even if she enroll for the master class

Even JK who is much talented end up trying to be a professor 

That is the cold & harsh world out there

Sometimes dream might not be enough when you face the reality 

In a way, SA has actually successfully chasing her dream

She managed to complete her degree in music on time

She did what she likes in the past years 

Doing master may not be the right path for her

It will just take a toll on her financially & emotionally too
SA needs to find those things that she is good in doing so

It might be related to the music industry

Anyway SJ telling SA is not for her sake

But for his selfish reason

The same way on how he treats JY

He only has his own interest as priority

He didnt care of other people feeling

• Like 11

From what I'm feeling from the new episodes, there is a chance that Song Ah will take the noble idiocy route and try to leave Joon Young (because she isn't good enough for him, her insecurities, and so on). However, I would like for this to be just a catalyst for their biggest fight, but not a break-up.

I wish no time skips happen. I wish the writer won't take the route where they part ways and meet again when Song Ah is successful and all. After all, the show has placed a lot of emphasis on levels and Joon Young's hate for levels. If they still take the route where they reconcile only when they're both successful, doesn't this give the message that love cannot beat society's view that love should only be between the successful/people from the same level?

I would love it if the drama shows that despite the pressures from society, one can still choose to love and stay, that two people in a relationship can fight for their love despite what everyone around them says about them. It would serve as a wonderful example to young people in relationships right now as well; it'll be a breath of fresh air. Seeing Joon Young and Song Ah stay with each other and communicate well may help others with their relationship, especially if they're feeling that they're not enough for the other person. It would be nice if the drama shows us that it's okay to 'not be enough' for your significant other in society's view, and that what's important is that you're enough for your significant other. 

I want Song Ah and Joon Young to grow together. It will be lovely to see them navigate life's challenges together. Yes, they have to realize where they belong, but I think that they can do it together. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, sljj said:

I understand your POV and of course, giving honest advise/suggestions are good. He praised her but how honest was the praise if it’s followed by looking down on her too? 

And when there is no respect and the words are spoken to put someone down, I don’t agree with it. I understand JY’s status is different from SA so it is clear that the world will talk and it can ruin JY’s career. However, JY isn’t the only one who will be hurt from it. SA, too, will suffer. But there are much nicer and polite ways to say it without stepping into the boundaries of other peoples’ misery and struggles. 

it is true that people like this do exist. Realistic and cold comments like this are spoken from one to another. However, it also doesn’t sit well when we all know that it’s not right either. 

——

the preview looks painful but seeing JY comfort SA..is heart-warming :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@rukizie thank you for recapping! Get a good rest! :D And i am hoping there is no noble idiocy because i will then switch my rampage to the writer as well. 

11 minutes ago, debbsthebee said:

I think I might break something if they go down this route. Though I think JY might be too far gone to even contemplate cutting SA out of his life. So I'm hoping he prioritises himself and his desires and holds on tight to SA even if she wavers. JY hwaiting!!!

it seems like the show is leading us towards that way but also shows us how tight JY is holding onto SA. I believe in the words of Team Leader Cha to SA..”when JY lets you into his heart, he won’t let go.” SA is insecure but JY is choosing to stay with her. This man really loves SA. His actions are so different from when he secretly liked JK. 

@rafeusjanela i think more important than noble idiocy is to have us see them go against it. As I mentioned, the show wants us to feel this way but the actions of JY towards SA is pulling us away from it. I just hope SA holds onto JY too and absorbs all his efforts and comfort. I want these two to grow stronger together. We don’t need a time jump or noble idiocy to showcase the strength of their relationship. They need to hold on together and go through the trials together. It will be hard to ignore the negative feeds on them but it is very possible to learn to stray away from it. 

@Jillia Knetz are amazing at picking up details. And here I am, busy with kicking butts and delivering slaps instead :lol: so..any gifs or scenes for us to watch yet? Lol. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Yeah but the motif as to why he told her that and HOW he told her that is wrong. He doesn't say it for Song Ah's sake but for his own and for Joon Young's sake.

And that's the wrong reason and the wrong way to approach her.

24 minutes ago, rukizie said:

Hi, i like your opinion but the way he delivered his opinion is irritating me. I feel her because i ever had that feeling. But Seung Jae never stopped to sugar coating his compliment. 

If it's true the rumour that Song Ah would be Joon Young's manager in the end, it would be good.

16 minutes ago, SakuraC said:

Realistically, there is no future for SA as a violinist even if she enroll for the master class

Even JK who is much talented end up trying to be a professor 

That is the cold & harsh world out there

SA needs to find her own path

Sometimes dream might not be enough when you face the reality 

Anyway SJ telling SA is not for her sake

But for his selfish reason

The same way on how he treats JY

He only has his own interest as priority

He didnt care of others feeling

14 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I understand your POV and of course, giving honest advise/suggestions are good. He praised her but how honest was the praise if it’s followed by looking down on her too? 

And when there is no respect and the words are spoken to put someone down, I don’t agree with it. I understand JY’s status is different from SA so it is clear that the world will talk and it can ruin JY’s career. However, JY isn’t the only one who will be hurt from it. SA, too, will suffer. But there are much nicer and polite ways to say it without stepping into the boundaries of other peoples’ misery and struggles. 

it is true that people like this do exist. Realistic and cold comments like this are spoken from one to another. However, it also doesn’t sit well when we all know that it’s not right either. 

——

the preview looks painful but seeing JY comfort SA..is heart-warming :wub:

@Jillia @rukizie @SakuraC @vangsweetie637 

Thanks all for your thoughts - Agreed with them as well ! 

Will be looking forward to see how SA and JY will learn to support each other! 

Peace :blush:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, sljj said:

@Jillia @rukizie @SakuraC @vangsweetie637 

Thanks all for your thoughts - Agreed with them as well ! 

Will be looking forward to see how SA and JY will learn to support each other! 

Peace :blush:

Do come by and share more thoughts and feedbacks with us ;) :D

——

Man..comparing Professor Lee to Professor Yoo..feels like Professor Yoo actually has an idea on how to bring something out of his students (even though he, himself, is inferior of his own abilities too) whereas Professor Lee doesn’t take responsibility for her own chamber and passes on the hardships to her students instead, as if to give out orders with the expectation that it is followed. If i recall, she is supposed to be the next Dean. I think she is holding her position as if she is already the Dean. Don’t take my words for it on how I feel about Professor Yoo lol. For all I know, i may get just annoyed with him in the next episode again :lol:

btw, it seems like some of us got the impression that DY/MS actually dated for a bit?? How come I didn’t get that impression at all? 

to me, seemed like MS had a crush on DY but never acted on it too..although things did happen between them by mistake or accidentally. But they actually never dated. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh ya quite happy to see several scenes of them holding hands 

They make it so heart fluttering:sweet:

I mean they already kissed twice (or more) but we haven't seen them holding hands until this episode

They really makes me think of wanting my other half as well haha

• Like 2
  • Love 4

44 minutes ago, rafeusjanela said:

From what I'm feeling from the new episodes, there is a chance that Song Ah will take the noble idiocy route and try to leave Joon Young (because she isn't good enough for him, her insecurities, and so on). However, I would like for this to be just a catalyst for their biggest fight, but not a break-up.

I wish no time skips happen. I wish the writer won't take the route where they part ways and meet again when Song Ah is successful and all. After all, the show has placed a lot of emphasis on levels and Joon Young's hate for levels. If they still take the route where they reconcile only when they're both successful, doesn't this give the message that love cannot beat society's view that love should only be between the successful/people from the same level?

I would love it if the drama shows that despite the pressures from society, one can still choose to love and stay, that two people in a relationship can fight for their love despite what everyone around them says about them. It would serve as a wonderful example to young people in relationships right now as well; it'll be a breath of fresh air. Seeing Joon Young and Song Ah stay with each other and communicate well may help others with their relationship, especially if they're feeling that they're not enough for the other person. It would be nice if the drama shows us that it's okay to 'not be enough' for your significant other in society's view, and that what's important is that you're enough for your significant other. 

I want Song Ah and Joon Young to grow together. It will be lovely to see them navigate life's challenges together. Yes, they have to realize where they belong, but I think that they can do it together. 

Communication is the key

Two people who are in the relationship needs to talk

Only then you will understand each other better

Just like what you said, what's important is that you're enough for your significant other.

You can never shut up the mouth of people around you

Agree that there might not need the time skip

Then can just show how SA-JY-HH-JK moving on their own path

Doing those things that they are good & at the same time being happy in doing so

Thats the most important thing

It is useless if you sacrifice your happiness for the sake of the word "success"

At the end of the day you will just feel miserable and end up with depression

No one should define the word success for you

Only you, oneself who knows better of it 

The definition of success might not be the same for everyone

Dont let anyone define it for you

• Like 4
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

btw, it seems like some of us got the impression that DY/MS actually dated for a bit?? How come I didn’t get that impression at all? 

to me, seemed like MS had a crush on DY but never acted on it too..although things did happen between them by mistake or accidentally. But they actually never dated. 

Same here! MS and DY dont feel like they dated even though according to the plot, they did

Or is there some backstory not shown yet?

• Like 6