[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

4 hours ago, mvrecci said:

welcome..

hope you read the thread from page 1...

we had great time exchanging our views...

and some giggling moments too...

:)

I did mvrecci...and would like to thank everyone for your sharing and insights. Cheers

4 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

New fans are always welcome! Lol. 

More fans also means (hopefully) higher chances of Season 2 with the same cast.

Thanks Dramanoona

• Like 3

3 hours ago, madamstrawberry said:

next step is to backtrack this forum conversations and you will be in heavens lol  especially those only eagle eyes can see! :)))

I've indeed read the forum from the very first page..;)

And totally agree on the micro expressions. In fact I was just wondering if HS actually fell in love with QQ quite early in the show without realizing it. Since I'm waiting for the remaining 4 eps, I'm actually rewatching from eps 1...crazy me!!!

And I saw HS reaction towards SM at the Music and Dance Academy when he was forced by QQ to compete with SM. When SM touched QQ's hand, HS had a little look of jealousy or maybe I'm wrong. But at the same time he was still having thoughts of killing her???!

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, Usi said:

There we have it again. As much I like her reviews for the insight they have the problems of me thinking WTF? At first she often complains too much about details (nitpicking) and misses the greater view, she takes Drama as serious business :ph34r: instead of entertainment and she has kind of double standarts. At one Drama she doesn't like that it looks so cheap but with an other it is totally okay. And she rambles too much what makes it often hard for me to watch her videos in one go. And the horrible cuts made me hearing them as podcast or otherwise I would run crazy.

It is a fair review but it is just a Drama. I enjoy it very much and don't need that what she wanted (the matriarchy is just a trope for me and not to take serious since it is executed too absurd. Rushed ending? Okay, when you need more fluff at the end.). I can't agree with her since much things she complains I didn't even notice, care for or enjoy (the absurd things :phew:) . 

For me the drama was perfect, in a sense that it was showed 1) at the right timing,   when everyone was looking for something light and happy 2) same time with IL, where people could immediately compare and see the versatility of DYX’s acting 3) the simplicity of TRoTR, with its low budget (I dont think it will be the same if they polished it further then expectations may not be the same) and 4) the acting of each and every character. Even Chuchu’s acting for me fitted perfectly with the leads. 

And the ending? why the need to extend then there will be nothing left for season 2?!? lol

as these saying goes, “when the stars are aligned” and “if it is working, dont fix it!” :))

ps. this CP reminds me with that of eternal love. hope they also can have season 2 (and 3) and even partner on another drama! (is it too much to ask? lol)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

For me it boils down to acting. If the acting doesn't fit I don't care how good the storyline is I'll drop it. I have watched dramas where the acting is one dimensional I couldn't finish an episode if my life depends on it. 

TROTAR has its minor flaws (which majority of dramas does anyway regardless of how good) but the acting is solid. From our couple to the side characters. Everyone made their characters come to life. If people watch it trying to catch what's wrong then they'll find plenty but if people goes into thinking, it is a drama where lots of things doesn't make sense but a place to escape reality...then the enjoyment outweighs the negatives.

My husband for example, he'll watched a drama then think can this happen in real life? What are the possibilities? And he won't continue if he thinks it's not possible. And I would say...it's a freaking time travel drama, you think in real life you can time travel anywhere? I have been married almost 21 years and we watched about 3 dramas together and it's all action ones lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Agree with @skibbies and @Isrin here. Reviews are just like dramas :) some people like it, some people don't. I personally watch dramas critically (as in, I do think about what works and what doesn't. It's fun for me to do so) but that doesn't mean I enjoy the drama more/less because of its flaws/or it's technical polish.

Dramas have two key dimensions: the technical and the emotional. For me Tiger Rose ACED the emotional aspect: its crack and I inhaled it! The technical aspect can be better, but it didn't diminish the emotional aspect for me. Some dramas are the opposite: polished technically but hollow. We can appreciate them for the technical achievements, even if they don't resonate emotionally. 

So, just as we don't bash dramas for their flaws, let's not bash reviewers for their opinions :)

• Like 8

I actually prefer low budget but well scripted and well acted cdrama sometimes because high budget shows try to use CG but their CG skills still lag visibly behind kdrama and western show to me.

Every time they try to use CG I am brought out of the show. I am so glad there's no CG in CQQ.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Technically there is CGI when it comes to background and generating more people but that was well done and they kept it bare minimum, also because it costs money. All the fights were the usual stuntmen and wires work. They did great regarding how little money they had.

• Like 3

Ive watched 16 Cdrama in 2 months becoz of COVID. Some have long epi and some have short. Some FL have same facial expressions all thru out the whole drama haha (Gen and I ) but weither it has a big or small budget if I enjoy it that doesnt matter as what I only like is to be entertained at the moment. TROTR is so funny, cute, sweet and unexpectedly I enjoy watching it..

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, Pamela Amba said:

Ive watched 16 Cdrama in 2 months becoz of COVID.....

TROTRis so funny, cute, sweet and unexpectedly I enjoy watching it.....

ahhhh...

youre awesome...

i envy your patience ...!

may i know what are those...

i only have miss truth as my pandemic cdrama (only because i have stumbled upon a site that had notations about the eps being subbed..)..

i have scrolled other cdramas....but i cant get passed epi 2..

:(

• LOL 2

I watched some of Chef Hua. It's very easy going drama but not really watching for the storyline at this point it's all about the food. Every episode that darn drama makes my mouth watery. And the scenery. Wherever the location it's so nostalgic and beautiful. I watched it and pretty dreamed of living there. Other than that, I am constantly searching for things to watch. I would go through a few episodes and quit. It's hard to grab onto something after coming off TROTAR. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, mvrecci said:

ahhhh...

youre awesome...

i envy your patience ...!

may i know what are those...

i only have miss truth as my pandemic cdrama (only because i have stumbled upon a site that had notations about the eps being subbed..)..

i have scrolled other cdramas....but i cant get passed epi 2..

:(

haha, TMOPB, Ashes of Love, Under the Power, Ever Nigh S1 & 2, Legend of Dugu, General and I, Ice Fantasy, Love Better than Immortality, The Untamed 3 epi only, Legend of Flowers, and many more hehe

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Wow I didn’t realized but LS quit this reality show that could have very well gotten her a lead role in a drama by someone big but she quit the show half way to focus on filming ROTAR!!!  

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4517977682124514

When she quit she would have no way of knowing ROTAR would make it big! Even the director guy said to her condescendingly - would that show really make you popular?  

Back then people didn’t think this show have much potential so that decision was hard for her because she had to give up on a role with seemingly high potential for a signed role for a show with seemly low potential. She tried doing both for a few days but it was too much since it meant she would get almost no sleep. She cried a whole bunch but in the end quit because she was already contracted with ROTAR and she felt bad for not being able to perform her best at ROTAR (she was apparently so tired she couldn’t remember her script). 

LS is so professional and thankfully her sacrifice was worth it after all!

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 5

26 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

When she quit she would have no way of knowing ROTAR would make it big! Even the director guy said to her condescendingly - would that show really make you popular?

No offense to anyone who's a fan of Yu Zheng or this reality show, but I can't even imagine LS in a YZ production. Everything I've seen with his name attached had storylines with no logic (Untouchable Lovers, Hao Lan). The only decent ones that come to mind are Winter Begonia and Yanxi Palace, and if anything that credit belongs to the scriptwriter and director. LS might have been slotted into a side character even if she had stayed, since that is never guaranteed with a reality show--and it would have most likely been a subpar script.

I honestly can't imagine anyone else playing CQQ. She definitely made the right choice in staying with the project that showcased her comedic timing/quirkiness at their best. Even with a good script, without an actress with that ability, a lot of these lines would have fallen flat. I'm crossing my fingers for a sequel announcement--this entire cast deserves it.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

Wow I didn’t realized but LS quit this reality show that could have very well gotten her a lead role in a drama by someone big but she quit the show half way to focus on filming ROTAR!!!  

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4517977682124514

Back then people didn’t think this show have much potential so that decision was hard for her because she had to give up on a role with seemingly high potential for a signed role for a show with seemly low potential. She tried doing both for a few days but it was too much since it meant she would get almost no sleep. She cried a whole bunch but in the end quit because she was already contracted with ROTAR and she felt bad for not being able to perform her best at ROTAR (she was apparently so tired she couldn’t remember her script). 

LS is so professional and thankfully her sacrifice was worth it after all!;

I feel so bad for Lusi she must've been so stressed the entire time but she made the best choice after all

I'm glad this show was a hit because our beautiful cast deserve it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gladiolii said:

No offense to anyone who's a fan of Yu Zheng or this reality show, but I can't even imagine LS in a YZ production. Everything I've seen with his name attached had storylines with no logic (Untouchable Lovers, Hao Lan). The only decent ones that come to mind are Winter Begonia and Yanxi Palace, and if anything that credit belongs to the scriptwriter and director. LS might have been slotted into a side character even if she had stayed, since that is never guaranteed with a reality show--and it would have most likely been a subpar script.

I honestly can't imagine anyone else playing CQQ. She definitely made the right choice in staying with the project that showcased her comedic timing/quirkiness at their best. Even with a good script, without an actress with that ability, a lot of these lines would have fallen flat. I'm crossing my fingers for a sequel announcement--this entire cast deserves it.

I think with Yanxi still top of mind when this was filmed last year, this probably was still a very hard decision for LS. 

It’s true it’s not promised but that guy told her right there she would get lead or second lead role if she stayed. 

Obviously in hindsight this choice was a good one but she would have no way of knowing because ppl wrote off ROTAR completely before it was aired. 

• Like 4

Having to make this hard decision then having everyone telling her this drama was going to be a huge flop must've been so hard for Lusi. I'm glad it worked out in the end.

I adore Lusi more and more, she is so mature for her age.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

Honestly even her management team did not have faith in this drama when she showed them. No one believed in this drama that’s why Tencent didn’t even advertise it as much. I’m glad this blow up and became so popular because it deserves it. By the way I saw that Yuxi will be appearing on Happy Camp. That’s a huge thing for him as Happy Camp is the longest running and popular variety show in China. I don’t think Lusi will be able to attend because she is still filming her drama. Lusi needs a break after this drama. She’s been filming back to back. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

I am so happy that this drama was a success.

Her hard work and commitment paid off.

TROTR is a lead role for her and she had a great ML and supporting cast.

You can see she also gets along with the crew and director during the BTS.

She is only 21 and wise beyond her years.

She knows that there will be a lot of scrutiny about her and her acting (especially now that TROTR has blown up big-time). Hopefully she stays grounded and she also realises that she can make good decisions and what other people tell her may not be the right advice.

How did I start watching TROTR? It just popped up on my Youtube feed (the clips) and then I got interested.

So here I am today! LOL

I seldom participate in Chinese drama forums  and I have been living here for a few weeks now. Haha.

I don't watch that reality/survivor show and it looks like now, I have no motivation to start watching it. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, Ming said:

what dram is she filming ? Thank you

this is the drama she currently filming and it’s her last filming for now until she takes on another project. After CQQ she’s been filming three dramas back to back. 

https://mydramalist.com/61887-please-feel-at-ease-mr-ling

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1